Identified! WI - Delafield, WhtMale, UP7632, car stolen, lighter, Sep'77 - John Lindberg Scott

Berwyn RS was graduating class of 1976. It's a common name so likely a different RS in Carol Stream.

Berwyn RS would have began his 1st year of HS in the fall of 72 and finished in the spring of 76.

Found what looks like another Senior yearbook photo from RS in 1978 from Glenbard North in Carol Stream.
If you want, I'll pm you all with the photo.
But, at least we know he was originally in Berwyn up until 1977 then Carol Stream in 1978.
This one does not look like R.S. in the earlier photo, maybe this is due to his growing up or a different hairstyle but the 1st photo extremely resembles our John Doe while this one doesn't.

What if our John Doe was R. John S.? I am just speculating because of that text "to John, love, Lauri". Can someone check if there is a living or deceased R. John S. in Berwyn in his probably 70s? I do not know how to do it..

Judging from the available images and the facial structure of the deceased, can you suggest your opinion as a professional on whether it may possibly be the same person? I am so agitated because of this case. I really hope that this is a match.

I'll give you my opinion, although I'm not a certified forensic artist.
But, I've been creating public and private portraits of living people for over 30 years.

Having said that... I believe @Cubby 's RS has a good chance of being our guy.
My only wish is that I could've found pictures of RS with his ears exposed. I like to see the ears, because they can be a great identifier.

I really hope this is a match too! Hope @Cubby gets a response soon.

According to the DNA Doe Project Facebook page, his DNA has been uploaded to GEDmatch.

Yes, I noticed that happened pretty quickly after we started discussing Berwyn RS. Now I'm wondering if they will find anything regarding the S family or their investigation will go in an entirely different direction.

And on a different note, I'm perplexed why no one came forward about missing this man when the Cook County sheriff's office made that public request several years back trying to ID the remaining Gary victims. Our guy fits right into that time frame.

Yes, I noticed that happened pretty quickly after we started discussing Berwyn RS. Now I'm wondering if they will find anything regarding the S family or their investigation will go in an entirely different direction.

And on a different note, I'm perplexed why no one came forward about missing this man when the Cook County sheriff's office made that public request several years back trying to ID the remaining Gary victims. Our guy fits right into that time frame.

Your post got me to thinking. I remember in the weeks and months following the victims of JWG that LE was asking across the country to report missing young men. Which leads me to believe the family of this young man, didn't even know he was missing.
I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't a situation of someone being in the military...like this MP, Kevin Carroll.
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Category: New Jersey
Kevin Carroll.jpg

If the family didn't know he was missing wouldn't something have caused them to wonder over the last 40 plus years?

It was in 2011 that Sheriff Tom Dart made the push to get the remaining Gacy victims id'd.

Sheriff’s Gacy Investigation Solves 1979 Cold Case

Unless he was an orphan, how did he not
surface beginning with the 2011 push?

On an OT note, I have ordered three different DNA doe project shirts. The print looks washed out on the darker colors, but it looks good on the lighter colors. I'm waiting for my third now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back