Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm not sure what guys he is talking about I thought the fire dept was not allowed to search on this case so he must be talking about the guys he works with in Denver. I am confused as to why LE is not the one setting up the searches like we see on most cases, I think they know a lot we don't.

What I found a tad odd is when he pointed to the same direction he said LE had found an article of SM and he said he was worried about and pointed that direction it was right before he started on the lion dragging their prey. I think he is worried about what they found more than a lions prey being his wife.
I took him to mean, if it had been a lion, he would think the search area of concern should be up the hill from where the item (phone?) was dropped.

I watched the video, not sure what to think, but did notice two things:

He doesnt appear to have a wedding band on (40 sec mark of video). Not sure if he normally wears one or not (SM has a big rock). Not sure if that means anything, simply an observation.

Also, the exaggerations. As mentioned, 400 deployments? Did he say they searched a 200 mile radius? If I remember geometry correctly, isn't that around 125,000 square miles? Um, not possible. Not at all.

Beyond that I lean more toward not believable, but without a baseline it's hard to know...MOO

Last edited:
He's a smooth talker, that's for sure.

Listening to him, one would almost think he just dropped that tidbit about the rain in as an afterthought.
Almost.

I find the words posters are using to describe him after watching this video quite interesting:

"Personable"
"Charming"
"Believable"
"Earnest"

This guy is a born salesman.

I'm just not buying what he's pitching.

JMO.

Here we are again with that word "charming" ...it's come up in a couple of threads regarding BM.

I have posted before the use of Charming here is an apt descriptor for BM.

And one of the definitions of charming
Control or achieve by or as if by magic. "pretending to charm a cobra" · "she will charm your warts away"

Yea I'm not sure what guys he is talking about I thought the fire dept was not allowed to search on this case so he must be talking about the guys he works with in Denver. I am confused as to why LE is not the one setting up the searches like we see on most cases, I think they know a lot we don't.

Maybe he hired private investigators or his lawyers did?

I believe it has been reported that since his firefighter pals were not able to help in the official search, they were helping him with his own searches. I’m sure someone will correct me if my memory is faulty , but I believe this came from one of Chief Bertram’s interviews.

He's a smooth talker, that's for sure.

Listening to him, one would almost think he just dropped that tidbit about the rain in as an afterthought.
Almost.

I find the words posters are using to describe him after watching this video quite interesting:

"Personable"
"Charming"
"Believable"
"Earnest"

This guy is a born salesman.

I'm just not buying what he's pitching.

JMO.

If a mountain lion ANYONE away, there would have been a trail. People should have caught it, and the dogs are specifically trained to fins trails like that. Obviously, the rain negates that. This is vertical country, rain, after striking the earth, seeks the lowest point, usually following a trail. What on earth is suspicious about BLM commenting that the rain would have washed away the evidence? In my opinion, he isn't saying that he thinks that's what happened. He's seems to be saying it's impossible to determine if that could have happened, due to the rainstorm. IMO

If it rained and messed up the lion prints would that same rain mess up the foot prints and tire tracks?

You beat me to that point! I was going to ask when he was implying that it had rained (ie, when did the rain happen?), because that would also wash away any human/tire evidence. He had mentioned that he was upset with how LE had handled things at that site, allowing people to drive up and down, and to walk all over that area, hence ruining any possible tracks/footprints.

I personally don't see any big scoop. I think BM took advantage knowing there was a camera to push his ideas. He came back on purpose. He didn't have to. Very interesting. If he says Denver, I'd say go the opposite direction. moo

This was my thought as well. He might have seen TD earlier when he passed TD while TD was initially recording video, and thought that this guy would be a great opportunity to "unofficially" get his narrative out there. Why else go through all that info with this guy? He could definitely have known or suspected the camera/audio was still recording.

I don't know, my take on this video is, first, it was very dishonest on the part of the YouTuber. If he posted somewhere that he "accidentally" recorded him, that's a bunch of carp. He kept checking his pocket, and he admitted at the end of the video that he was purposely recording, by saying he hoped the camera had picked up some particular part of the "interview".

As for BM, I don't know...I'm certainly not convinced he's innocent, but it does give a different picture of him than the FB video.

Edited for clarity because my brain is apparently mush tonight.

Last edited:
What I find really interesting right now is thinking back to Barbara Thomas - her husband has been criticized for not doing his own searches. Yet here is an individual (who is seriously under WS suspicion) out looking for his missing wife but it will change very few opinions.

Also, that bag of food was weird. Does anyone know what the paper was to which the video blogger was comparing the handwriting?
He was comparing a note Barry left at a corner market describing Suzanne riding a blue bike with a helmet. Writing was the same. Have no idea why food was placed there with “Day 4” written on it.

I believe it has been reported that since his firefighter pals were not able to help in the official search, they were helping him with his own searches. I’m sure someone will correct me if my memory is faulty , but I believe this came from one of Chief Bertram’s interviews.

I believe it came from a DM interview. JMO

Here’s what I don’t understand: if he thinks she was kidnapped, why isn’t he or a spokesperson on TV telling everyone what she was last seen wearing and asking for people to remember if they saw suspicious vehicles in the neighborhood?

If there is a stranger kidnapping, you do need outside witnesses to help.

The DOJ statistics I posted above say less than 13% of murdered women are murdered by a stranger which is why I think this is still low on my list. I would bet anything that number is much lower if you limit it to older married women in rural/suburban areas.

Yes! This was definitely a part that stood out to me. It was the most descript part of the conversation. Then he turned around and said he wasnt even there.

He wasn't there, yet he can rattle off all these supposed mistakes LE made at the scene, accuse the Sheriff's Department of screwing everything up in one breath, while complaining that they aren't telling him anything in another, etc.

I found BM's inclination to provide a lot of extraneous details somewhat disconcerting:

He got back from Denver at 9 that night.
10 people touched the bike.
They've covered a 200 mile search radius.
His buddy did 4oo tours in Iraq/Afghanistan.

He certainly seems to be someone with a predilection for inflating the numbers.

You all can probably gue$$ where I'm going with thi$.

JMO.

Last edited:
The only emotion I witnessed in that entire video was his anger toward the sheriff. I don’t see an ounce of grief or worry or concern for his wife.

I’ve seen genuine concern and grief when confronted with what is happening with a missing loved one. LH, AS, and even SC....they all had heartache and genuine pain. I don’t see that here, imo. Not even a little. Explanations and alibis trailing off in his words. Nothing for his wife.
IMO moo JMO

He actually says it twice that I heard. At 0:04 and again at 0:44.

Sharp observation. He wasn't there, but he knows what happened? No, me thinks he was there and that's not what happened. It seems like he is still trying to drive the narrative. He sure didn't seem to mind talking to stranger either. But if any contradictory questions had been asked, I imagine things would have gotten quite tense. Moo.

He’s quite personable and charming. I would have liked some more direct questions, but I’ll take what I can get at this point.

He talks with his hands a lot, which some people just do naturally. Other times, people do that when they’re trying to convince someone of something.

ETA: This man broke no laws, as it’s legal for someone to secretly record another person in Colorado if you’re the one doing it (one party consent).

Charming and personable? I honestly found him quite the opposite. Detached. Casual. But with an underlying edge. IMO.

I agree about the hand motions. Air traffic control type gesticulations for awhile there.

I wonder how LE will interpret this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow