SC SC - Charleston Co, UnsFem 18-99, UP8787, in evidence freezer, May'11

Suddenly I feel sad....we should restart the search for this person, in loving memory of Tulessa.

I'm interested and I am local but lack in the skills department. :) I am trying to look over and catch up with this info provided but wanted to add that Captain John Hutt road would be on what we call "Goat Island". It is a strip of land that has homes but is accessible only by boat. No bridge from the mainland carries you over. It is in the intercostal waterway off of Isle of Palms.

I think this is the approx. place where this freezer was found, at least 2401 -2499 Captain John Hutt road.

20180309230145217780000000-o.jpg

I think this is the approx. place where this freezer was found, at least 2401 -2499 Captain John Hutt road.

20180309230145217780000000-o.jpg

I'm interested and I am local but lack in the skills department. :) I am trying to look over and catch up with this info provided but wanted to add that Captain John Hutt road would be on what we call "Goat Island". It is a strip of land that has homes but is accessible only by boat. No bridge from the mainland carries you over. It is in the intercostal waterway off of Isle of Palms.

Hi! Good to have local eyes. I noticed that too...don't know what that could mean in this particular case, or where this remains came from, except perhaps the freezer was transported by boat. Wondering if it was located floating in water or was discovered on land. A floating freezer (is that even possible, or would it sink?) could have been pushed all around Goat Island....

Just wondering...why was there only a little of a total body found in the freezer. Could it be a whole dismembered body was transported in the freezer (How big was the freezer, could a whole body fit in in?) The freezer taken out on the water, with a boat, body(parts) dumped in the water in a hurry, freezer quickly dumped and a part of the body was left unwillingly. I understand that it is totally possible that a freezer floats, because of the isolation material (styrofoam) in it. @WideOpen I believe there is a tide around Goat Island isn't it, are there waves and do you know if the water raises a lot?

Last edited:
First time poster, long time lurker... I work in law enforcement but in Europe. Hopefully I might contribute something anyway.

An evidence freezer is where evidence specimens are kept (ie rape kits, human remains, stained clothing, swabs etc). The specimens are marked with case numbers etc.

I think this is a case where human remains were found without any markings in an evidence freezer at a coroner´s office so it´s unknown to which case they belong. That´s probably why there is only a coroner contact. My guess, based on the Namus case file, is that it´s just a small number of bones.

I think there are a couple of such cases discussed here.

Last edited:
First time poster, long time lurker... I work in law enforcement but in Europe. Hopefully I might contribute something anyway.

An evidence freezer is where evidence specimens are kept (ie rape kits, human remains, stained clothing, swabs etc). The specimens are marked with case numbers etc.

I think this is a case where human remains were found without any markings in an evidence freezer at a coroner´s office so it´s unknown to which case they belong. That´s probably why there is only a coroner contact. My guess, based on the Namus case file, is that it´s just a small number of bones.

I think there are a couple of such cases discussed here.

Welcome @Captain Beck and thank you for the explanation of the "evidence" freezer. Possible the freezer was at the Palms Police Department (30 J. C. Long Boulevard) and the coördinates of the finding place in the Namus file are an approx....

Welcome @Captain Beck and thank you for the explanation of the "evidence" freezer. Possible the freezer was at the Palms Police Department (30 J. C. Long Boulevard) and the coördinates of the finding place in the Namus file are an approx....

Thank you!
Could very well be, I´m not sure the coordinates in Namus are accurate.

Thank you!
Could very well be, I´m not sure the coordinates in Namus are accurate.

Thinking about your contribution/information about the evidence freezer...no further information about the remains....based on the information we got (what is really nothing)....there is not very much to go on....starting an "active search" for a possible match doesn't feel very productive.....What are your thoughts about it?

Thinking about your contribution/information about the evidence freezer...no further information about the remains....based on the information we got (what is really nothing)....there is not very much to go on....starting an "active search" for a possible match doesn't feel very productive.....What are your thoughts about it?

I don´t know. I think a case like this is only solvable through DNA or a review of records (the remains have to somehow ended up there, there has to be a paper trail). There is always the possibility to suggest possible matches, ie missing persons who had gone missing before 2011 and where it is possible their remains would be found within Charleston County ME jurisdiction.

This is very close to Brittanee's case and some of her remains were placed in the Santee or even Crystal Soles.

According to the files DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete. Long ago suggested Brittanee as a possible match in this thread....but there is so little to go on...and you might think...people can think...when you are in this kind of "business". I mean when I can come up with possible fitting matches LE or the coroner can too...Wasn't she supposed (and I'm not putting out all the horrible things that might have happened to her) -and this is so very much painful- fed to the crocodiles.

Last edited:
According to the files DNA: Sample submitted - Tests complete. Long ago suggested Brittanee as a possible match in this thread....but there is so little to go on...and you might think...people can think...when you are in this kind of "business". I mean when I can come up with possible fitting matches LE or the coroner can too...
it amazes me how they don't check things (From personal experience) just floors me sometime!

re: law enforcement freezer found on an island.

Recent major hurricane passing over this area, serious damage to a law enforcement building or the morgue of a hospital?

I do get a lot of exercise jumping to conclusions.

Yeah, we'll just wait for the DNA information to help us.

#7 I really hope this is going somewhere.....DNA in Namus....one day I hope there is a hit.
just a thought but should we send this to the FBI who knows if they are aware , right? sometime the lack of info being conveyed is half the problem, and that whole area LE doesn't seem like want to solve that , I think the perps have some pull in that area I really do. Something is not right anyone who has followed can see that, don't you think?

In fact I'm going to say this , after digging so deep into that case I would not be a bit surprised if that evidence freezer WAS floating around goat island because it IS part of her remains and given the probable method of disposal there wouldn't be a complete set as a matter of fact isn't that exactly what T.brown said in his statement to the FBI her remains were split up part were in a RV that was reported stolen.

I know he said a bunch things but " bits of truth " are always included right?

just a thought but should we send this to the FBI who knows if they are aware , right? sometime the lack of info being conveyed is half the problem, and that whole area LE doesn't seem like want to solve that , I think the perps have some pull in that area I really do. Something is not right anyone who has followed can see that, don't you think?

I don't know the ins and outs in Brittanee's case, I followed it half and half...I think it wouldn't be "off" to notifie the FBI, you never know....I'm on the other site of the ocean (Europe), so if you are willing to do that....I don't see harm in it....so please.

I don't know the ins and outs in Brittanee's case, I followed it half and half...I think it wouldn't be "off" to notifie the FBI, you never know....I'm on the other site of the ocean (Europe), so if you are willing to do that....I don't see harm in it....so please.
I messaged Monica with Cue on FB last night we've had a messaging thread so ill send the same to the FBI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back