Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheatnotchaff said:
I hear you. Does anyone know if there are transcripts from the follow-up video/s Tyler made regarding his interview with BM?

Thanks, but I don' t see a link to any transcripts in this article, just to the video of the interview itself (that has since been taken down). Did I miss it somehow? I'm asking about transcripts to the video/s that Tyler made *after* he interviewed BM in which he processes/analyzes his interview with BM.
The transcript is on top of the video. Also, a few pages back, someone posted a text of it.

As far as the mountain lion story, it seems impossible and bothers me that BM is using that as a viable possibility. What is the likelihood a mountain lion could attack a grown woman, knock her bike into a ravine and drag her up a mountainside with no trace? He says it rained, okay well rain doesn't disintegrate torn clothing, gear etc. It would be a mess. It is safe to assume she was wearing a bike helmet so her head would be protected and she would have fought. To incapacitate her enough to drag her off, I would think we would see plenty of evidence of such a gruesome attack.
BBM. In the youtube video, I think BM makes it very clear they did do an extensive search of the area and found nothing to indicate a mountain lion is involved. Mountain lion attacks in Colorado might be rare but they do happen which is why that area needed to be searched.

JMO

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/animal...r-attacking-colorado-resident-deputy-n1156251

Not to mention, AFTER your wife is supposedly abducted by a stranger and a stranger appears and you’re telling him EVERYTHING???? I would be SO SUSPICIOUS of every stranger IF I believed that had happened to my loved one. How many times have we heard, a killer often returns to scene of the crime.

I think BM realized he might be telling the stranger too much and that's why he changed the subject a couple of times. He may also have noticed the camera.

JMO

A few observations as someone who has taken photos and videos professionally...

The video is perfectly framed with BM in the center at the beginning of the video while both parties are walking, then adjusted to show a truck pull up, an older woman with white hair exit the driver’s side and go around the truck to sit in the passenger seat of the truck, then back again to show both BM and the truck in the same frame.

If you watch closely, you will see a hand at the top the frame of the video and hear a rustling sound and the angle of the recording device appears to be adjusted / corrected.

I have not seen the original version where he comments at the end of the video but the YTuber was clearly not being h0nest about not recording.

I’m still on the fence as to whether BM was in on the making of the video, but creating candid a one-shot wall-and-talk video with a hidden camera that manages to keep multiple subjects visible in the frame does seem like a stretch to me.

jmo
I've been thinking about that.

I believe he had two recording devices, one a gopro attatched to a bike, and a spare gopro or a cell phone in his hand. BM told him to put that away so he did, but left the other device running. I could be totaly wrong but it looked like he was wheeling a bike at some point. Moo

wheatnotchaff said:
I hear you. Does anyone know if there are transcripts from the follow-up video/s Tyler made regarding his interview with BM?

Thanks, but I don' t see a link to any transcripts in this article, just to the video of the interview itself (that has since been taken down). Did I miss it somehow? I'm asking about transcripts to the video/s that Tyler made *after* he interviewed BM in which he processes/analyzes his interview with BM.
Sorry- I realize what you asked for now. I'm not aware of any follow up video.

I can. A practical hands-on sort of person is pretty dispassionate when describing things including the natural environment in which he ordinarily lives and takes for granted. A bit like a lawyer is when dealing with sensitive cases. Two weeks ago, maybe not so measured and matter of factly, but this is an unguarded conversation between two outdoorsy guys, one of whom says he’s not recording the conversation, the other who has had two weeks to come to grips with his wife disappearing into the (presumably) unknown.

Disassociation and compartmentalization comes to mind also. In order to keep going on. Regardless of who done it, and done what. Numbness in overwhelming circumstances. Then there is the public and the private.

Sorry- I realize what you asked for now. I'm not aware of any follow up video.
Thanks, and no worries. I didn't realize the transcript from the original video itself was available as you described, which was helpful, so thank you for that. I just tried to re-listen to Tyler's commentary at the very end of that video (after he walks away from BM), but the tape cuts out as soon as the two of them end their conversation, so I can't reference that, either. Oh well!

Not in an abduction case. Media attention is absolutely vital, which is why you have families who (rightfully) complain when their case doesn’t get as much attention as others.

Law enforcement might tell the family not to publicize certain things, but not to remain silent (except in exceptional ransom cases in the past).

I’ve never seen law enforcement tell the family not to make public pleas. I’ve seen it in homicide cases, but never anything else.
There's a difference between an abduction and a kidnapping with a ransom note. I think this is where the confusion lies. If the kidnappers wrote a note saying keep quiet, LE might advise silence, but otherwise they want attention on the case and family can greatly help publicize.

I haven’t had much time to spend on WS lately, but want to jump in to say, Good grief that video! If BM staged it, he is a piece of work!

And if he didn’t stage it, then that Tyler guy is way out of line. Inserting himself into a missing person/possible murder investigation is NOT COOL. He could have potentially jeopardized the prosecution’s case. And if BM turns out to have nothing to do with it, he just harassed an innocent person whose wife is missing.

I wonder if LE “asked” him to take the video down. :confused:

Another thing about this video, if the youtuber "accidentally " recorded it, why deliberately post it for the whole world to see? Did he "accidentally" post it also?

It's a big stretch from accidentally recording something to deliberately posting the recorded content online.

Just because you don't mean to do something doesn't mean that you're not pleased with the outcome, aka, "a happy accident."

Interesting as to wedding ring, but many folks in construction don't, or wear silicone ones these days. Wonder if this is a change? Only the family would know. I don't know if there are social media or other stuff allowed by TOS here to compare to.

Screen shot from the link at the mark you mentioned for those that cannot easily view on phones etc.

View attachment 249406

ETA: Osu found such photo of wearing a wedding ring previously, but not on the one from Youtube video

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/57c6c7c7-86f2-48f0-b5a0-e202774561bd-jpeg.249371/

View attachment 249408 View attachment 249406
I am not wearing my wedding right right now. My husband isn't wearing his, either. There is no hidden meaning in someone not wearing their wedding ring.

JMO

BBM. In the youtube video, I think BM makes it very clear they did do an extensive search of the area and found nothing to indicate a mountain lion is involved. Mountain lion attacks in Colorado might be rare but they do happen which is why that area needed to be searched.

JMO

Mountain lion killed after attacking Colorado resident, deputy

Quotes of BM concerning mountain lion:

"Um the first night there was a mountain lion. The officer seen it walk by the car so we thought maybe she got attacked by a lion."
"My concerns were this way and that way if it was the cat because the cats they dragged their prey up the mountain and out of people's... we can't find sign for the cat but we got rain like right away that could've washed away a sign."

I interpret those statements as, on the first night BM was not the only one to consider a mountain lion as a possible explanation of what happened to SM. He says "we thought"
He states he was undecided about the cat;
"My concerns were this way and that way if it was the cat."
Nobody found a sign for the cat but they got rain which could have destroyed the sign.
I see this as him still holding out hope that some answer, no matter how awful, might yet be found. He statement tells me he's still undecided about the cat.
I don't see these statements he made showing that BM "pushing the mountain lion story."

ETA:
Statements are from the transcript made by Tyler / Youtube video that was approved by WS.

There's a disconnect for me - if it was staged, why would the Draper guy say he was threatened at the end? That doesnt put BM in a good light.

But on the other hand, the randomness of it is just too...random for me.

I thought we'd seen it all with Cousin It :confused:

I haven’t had much time to spend on WS lately, but want to jump in to say, Good grief that video! If BM staged it, he is a piece of work!

And if he didn’t stage it, then that Tyler guy is way out of line. Inserting himself into a missing person/possible murder investigation is NOT COOL. He could have potentially jeopardized the prosecution’s case. And if BM turns out to have nothing to do with it, he just harassed an innocent person whose wife is missing.

I wonder if LE “asked” him to take the video down. :confused:
I agree -in either scenario (staged or secretly videotaped) it is really bizarre!

After watching that video several times and considering the many insightful ideas shared here, I am highly suspicious of that video.

Especially motivations behind making it, participating in it, and posting it. All of it is off to me.

Then I chide myself for being so cynical.

MOO

kay74..Make no mistake... I am the type that falls for this. My skills for seeing through someone are poor.
You can work on that and improve it by a multitude of approaches, you just have to work at it. The brain classifies things for speed not accuracy. Then there is the bias through experience and perspective. Detectives Must be open minded. It is a honed skill. I like Robert Sapolsky's lectures on Aggression. At one point he explains some people just fail to register danger in a face. He says it is real important to look at the eyes and some people actually avoid looking at the eyes. I believe if you practice and engage your frontal cortex actively through exercises and "homework" you can definitely "see" more objectively. I am learning to be more analytical just by participating on websleuths.

Presumably BM has proof he was in Denver on Mother’s Day. A couple things BM has going against him are...
1) He may have been the last known person to see her
2) Video surveillance appears to have been turned off
3) Daughters are away

Perfect storm?? Or coincidence??

BBM. Has this been confirmed? It has been brought up on these threads several times but AFAIK it has not been confirmed by LE or reported in any MSM article.

There's a disconnect for me - if it was staged, why would the Draper guy say he was threatened at the end? That doesnt put BM in a good light.

But on the other hand, the randomness of it is just too...random for me.

I thought we'd seen it all with Cousin It :confused:

Tyler has come all the way from Arizona and he's hanging around a stone's throw from BM's home and property and in an area where he already knows a search or searches have taken place. I don't find that random.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member