Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I'd expect any YTer with a camera to actually follow a code of ethics - but does anyone know where that line is for a respectable journalist? I agree with you - wherever that line is, Tyler clearly crossed it..... but if he had misrepresented himself at first but had revealed himself to BM at the end of the video, would that have been okay? If he had refrained from the clearly insincere empathy, would have that been okay? Or simply recording him without his consent was the line and anything after that didn't matter? I think journalists have to bend the truth in order to get access or get a story all the time - so I'm just wondering where that line typically is (and I do realize I may be giving this guy way too much credit by calling him a journalist).

Well in colorado he doesn't need permission from Barry but... The fact that he told him he wasn't being recorded changes things. He lied to his face and stood there pretending he came all that way to help. He was also calling him bro and asking what he can do to help. Tyson was not there to help anyone he could care less. He was also touching that bag of food he found...he obviously has no background in searching for a missing person and he didn't care enough to actually educate himself. He is just like an annoying nosy neighbor.

Last edited:
Yes, I find it very interesting that LE has not published a description of these items in a missing person case. They should be easy to describe, even if no one saw her that day. And they would be potentially very helpful in finding a missing person. Mountain lions don’t usually eat helmets.
It's not at all unusual. In the case of Faye Swetlik, something belonging to her was found and the public wasn't immediately told what it was.

JMO

I think it varies State to State. Maybe an attorney on WS can tell us about Colorado. More interesting than googling it ourself
I'm pretty sure one of them already weighed in this morning on the aspect of "consent". I'm only curious about MyBelle's comment regarding defamation of character.
If DOC could be charged in that regard, I'm sure glad I don't have my legal name attached to any of my posts.

I agree, the one instant I thought he was being truthful. A detail he missed, which might be what’s driving him crazy, keeping him up at night ... what did LE find? He should know to some extent whether it was her phone, a necklace, etc ... but it may really irritate him that LE won’t tell him, which is why he speaks derogatorily about them.
Exactly! He can’t control what he doesn’t know. Not sure but we are thinking similarly.

People are assuming everything BM said in that TD video is the truth. People can and do lie. Grain of salt...or maybe an entire saltlick is needed.
I actually think that video has much more value (to LE) if, in fact, BM was lying. Much of what he said is easily verified by LE - and if he's lying, one would have to ask why that is. I don't know that it actually provides any value that could prove useful in a court of law - but if I'm LE and I know BMs lying in that video, I'm doubling down on him as my prime suspect.

If BM is telling the truth in the video (about the bike, the mountain lion sighting, the interaction with the daughters, etc.), then it only sheds some light on things we've only been able to speculate on up until now. I wish we at least knew if the things BM says that could be confirmed by LE are actually true. But we don't.... so in that respect, yes, grain of salt. JMO, MOO.

PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Tricia wants members to know that she feels very badly that anyone was upset by the thread specific decision she made yesterday to allow discussion of the rumors in this case. She will revisit this matter as the situation warrants.

The Sheriff has specifically stated that Suzanne’s body was not found and Barry has not been arrested. Accordingly, Tricia has reversed the decision to allow discussion of any of the three rumors, specifically that:

- Suzanne’s body was found
- there is a mistress involved
- that Barry was arrested

Do not discuss those rumors.

Do NOT sleuth BM and his businesses and post your findings or questions about his background or businesses on this public thread.

Unless he is named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

The thread is open once again for members to discuss the case details within the regular WS parameters (i.e. as we believe them to be factual via MSM and LE).

Thank you.

Just regarding the home CCTV surveillance apparently not working at the time .... seems to be a world-wide phenomenon when someone goes missing it's not working or switched on .... quite remarkable .... I wonder if someone's written a paper on it?

People are assuming everything BM said in that TD video is the truth. People can and do lie. Grain of salt...or maybe an entire saltlick is needed.
Lying is a fascinating study. I once read where it was a measure of social intelligence in children as in if they knew to lie to get something they better understood the intricacies of human social behavior. Then I recently heard something about how a predator presents themselves in deception, they really look at who they are deceiving to see how it is working and that is their social intelligence - deceptive arts. The problem is though, when you are deceiving the masses..."You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time."

So you get all of us here with our varied perspectives and inputs and somewhere in the middle falls the truth? Sometimes? Too much salt is bad for your health, eh? Yup.

I wonder where her bike was supposed to be, when the neighbour confirmed it was gone.

I assume it was kept in the garage. Did the neighbour have the code to the garage? Or was there a window to see into the garage to confirm the bike was gone?
I wonder if SM was gifted a new bike by her daughters and/or BM! Imo

So I may have missed something, but.... do the videographer and BM know each other? Just curious?

IMO, he is feeling the pressure. He hasn't heard anything from LE. Their silence is putting the squeeze on.
I think the same way too. He is under a lot of pressure and he is assuring himself that he has it under control. He is reminding himself of his defence possibilities. They don't have a body, she is still considered missing, I put up a reward for any information, the evidence was tampered with (his so-called friend is a witness to that), the mountain lion is a possibility since they were seen around. LE thinks she was abducted, LE said he is cleared... I think everything he said in that conversation was what he is constantly thinking and rehearsing in his head to convince anyone who is willing to listen about his innocence. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752