Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! I wish. At least with Letecia we kind of had a clue where the investigation stood. She couldn’t keep her mouth shut, and we knew a hell of a lot more at this point.

I’d love to have answers soon, but I’m not optimistic in that regard. We’re in the dark.
Dang I was hoping for one of your reassuring posts that “they got it” . Patience is not my virtue

Maybe he honestly thought she was attacked by an animal. I remember when I was a kid my uncle would always talk about mountain lions and how they attack people in Colorado. I was horrified of even going to the backyard.
Well, if he googled it he would have seen that there were two people killed in the US by mountain lions in 2018. One was attacked on a mountain trail, and the other was killed while biking.

Imo

Just thinking about the parallels in this case, and the Gannon Stauch case.

In that one, the early narrative was that “Gannon ran away.” Most of us didn’t believe that, as the account was both strange, and law enforcement was not behaving as if they actually believed that.

They never corrected the narrative, while maintaining all along that it was a “missing persons investigation.”

CSI activity at the home, told us what that case likely was (foul play).

Here, we have an alleged bike ride, but law enforcement behavior that does not jibe with there actually being one. If there was a bike ride, then we’d be seeing corresponding behavior from law enforcement (standard abduction playbook).

Likewise, we have seen CSI at the home, and that search of a property that BM apparently worked on.

What is telling law enforcement that this isn’t an abduction is anyone’s guess, but I have no doubt that they don’t believe there was one.
I'm really hoping they are looking in the Denver area. I don't think she is anywhere near Salida.

I too wonder what BM was doing splashing around in the river right by home and where the bike was found. Wouldn't it be an odd coincidence if something suddenly showed up down-river shortly? Hmm.

IMO JMO moo
Agreed.
Referring to the post you quoted : No one started a rumor.

BM (this is a new scenario to me, or I've missed it from a past thread) surmises that a car could have hit Suzanne and she was washed down the river ?
Again , no one at WS started this # 3 scenario.
BM did, in his interview.
We are allowed to speculate and post theories.

We don't know why he was wet or looked zombie-like. I take that to mean distraught or pale.
Still wonder what he was doing out there, because it doesn't appear that he was searching for her.
An organized search usually is made up of various volunteers or in some cases a handful of professionals aka dog handlers, etc.

Last edited:
Did he say he saw him in the river, or just that he was wet?

BBM

‘Draper shared more detail of his earlier encounter with Morphew, when he saw the Suzanne’s husband driving his truck on a road near the Morphew home, which he also said is separated by a patch of forest from a creek. Draper said he had seen a silver or gray truck parked on the side of the road as he was walking and filming. He said he was narrating as he filmed and felt that anyone who was nearby would have been able to hear him. As Draper was walking back down the road he said a slow-moving truck passed him from behind, the same one that had been parked on the road earlier, and that he clearly saw Barry Morphew in the driver’s seat. He said Morphew as “soaking wet” and not wearing a shirt.

Draper said that the weather on Saturday was gray, rainy, and a bit cold, but that Morphew looked like “he had fallen through ice … He looked like a zombie.” Draper said he believes Morphew must have been in the creek, and said that while he didn’t see Morphew emerge from the woods separating the creek from the road, he believes that would have been the only way Morphew could have accessed his car without passing Draper in the other direction.’

YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

How is it information only BM could have known? LE knows where the bike was found and so does any of BM's friends from his brotherhood of firefighters who may have been there when the bike was found. BM hesitated because the Sheriff made it clear he did not want to comment on evidence that was found. The only person besides them who know where it was located is the abductor.

JMO
However, there are situations where we cannot make fact statements. We can not read the minds of relatives of SM, so we can not state it as a fact.

"BM hesitated because the Sheriff made it clear he did not want to comment on evidence that was found."

MOO

Draper said he believes Morphew must have been in the creek, and said that while he didn’t see Morphew emerge from the woods separating the creek from the road, he believes that would have been the only way Morphew could have accessed his car without passing Draper in the other direction.

That is not a verified fact. It is one person's impression and assumption turned into speculation, then repeated (which is what a rumor is).

I don't follow social media but I don't believe you can factually state that each and every location cited above originated on social media.

For example, the bike recovered from a ravine was a direct quote from the Fire Chief of Chafee County District when contacted by a reporter. I doubt he has time to be gossiping underground.

I recall the bike located on a bridge and most recently UNDER a bridge both by Nancy Grace.

I'll give you "leaning against a tree" but beg to differ on the others. MOO
That the bike was found in a ravine was the first rumor I read, on the third or fourth day after she went missing. Jmo

This is how rumors get started and then get out of hand:

There is *no information* that BM was "in the river and splashing around." None, zip, nada.

Someone took the youtuber's description that he (TD) thought BM looked like he was wet and shirtless, driving a pickup truck near him, and now that has suddenly turned into a rumor, "BM must have been in the water in the creek..." and "OMG I wonder what BM was doing in the creek!!11!"

It is not verified that BM was actually wet or even shirtless. That's what youtube guy (TD) *thought* he looked like when he saw BM in a pickup truck drive by.

I am allowed to speculate and share my opinion based on how I interpret Ty’s words and actions as any other person can as well, I didn’t state a single word as fact.

IMO JMO MOO <<< I add this on every post.

Last edited:
This is such an interesting post.

"They put out a missing person bulletin before BM ever arrived back from Denver. The daughters were not at home."

And as has been discussed at length here, the sun had set at 8:05pm. Reality is with the hills and trees losing sunlight is much earlier.

So by 9pm when BM alledgedly arrived it was going to be too dark to crawl down and identify a bike. And by his own admission, they had removed the bike before he got there.

So in fact BM was not on hand to identify the bike.
bbm
Agreed.
I hadn't read that before.
I'm assuming "They" is the family of BM or friends.

It was raining (hard at times) when the youtuber was stalking BM. That is why BM was wet. I'm sure you all know that if you viewed the video, and that fact has been posted here numerous times.

I am allowed to speculate and share my opinion based on how I interpret Ty’s words and actions as other person can as well, I didn’t state a single word as fact.

IMO JMO MOO <<< I add this on every post.
Agreed. ^^^
You stated that it was your opinion and not fact.
If someone disagrees, they can 'agree to disagree'; since that's how we roll at WS. ;)

WS allows theories and speculation.

And this is the first time I've heard that BM thinks a car might have hit her and that she was washed down the creek.
Makes it seem like one would want to drop something there, by that creek.
As long as one is careful not to fall in.
MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members