Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's possible but not probable.
LE have not said much to the family.
It's as if they discovered something unsavory very early on.
This is a great point. K. Berreth's mother was asked to leave that home along with her son. They were questioned for hours and hours on end. Then to top it off they were not allowed to take out there suitcases or personal items. She knew zilch for a longgggg time.

How is it information only BM could have known? LE knows where the bike was found and so does any of BM's friends from his brotherhood of firefighters who may have been there when the bike was found. BM hesitated because the Sheriff made it clear he did not want to comment on evidence that was found. The only person besides them who know where it was located is the abductor.

JMO
You are the only one making sense on here.

MSM continues to report that the bike was located on Sunday, May 10 --the day SM reported missing. No media corrections to this report. (And we can count on DM to revise the location, over and over).

Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

May 13, 2020

Spezze would not confirm whether they had found her bike.

'We Want Her Back': $200,000 Reward Offered In Search For Suzanne Morphew

May 14, 2020

“It’s, it’s the hardest thing,” her nephew, Trevor Noel, told CBS4’s Alan Gionet. “She’s a beloved member of her family and the sweetest person that you’ve ever met.” [..] "I'm willing to confirm that the bike was found on Sunday evening, the night she disappeared. [..] Noel says her bike was found that evening, but Morphew was nowhere to be found. Sheriff John Spezze has told CBS4 it was “probably not” animals. Noel urged people to question the sheriff about the condition of the bike.

Missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew’s bicycle has been found, family says

May 14, 2020

A family member of a missing Colorado woman told a reporter on Thursday that her bike had been found, but police have not yet released any details about what has been recovered in the search for Suzanne Morphew.

Cops search a property in Colorado for evidence of mom-of-two missing since Mother's Day | Daily Mail Online

May 23, 2020

The mother, 49, has not been heard from since May 9. A bike owned by the mother-of-two was recovered from a bridge close to her home on May 10, according to local sources – the same day she was reported missing.

Police release Suzanne Morphew’s home back to family, 400 tips received

May 26, 2020

CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. — After more than two weeks, police have still not located a missing Chaffee County woman. [..] A family member told FOX21 News that her bike was recovered the day she was reported missing, Chaffee County Sheriff would not confirm this information. The Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram said the initial report that he got was that they found her bike in a ravine. John Spezze said investigators believe they found a personal item of Morphew on May 14, but would not disclose information about the item.

Pulling this from your post Seattle:

The Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram said the initial report that he got was that they found her bike in a ravine”.

The question comes up again as to how he knew this when no fire department searchers were being asked to help and LE obviously does not want anything about the bike known to the public. So who gave him this initial report? I know the Fire Chief was speaking to media about BM through mutual friends. Did BM make this initial report to the fire Chief either directly or through these friends that were reporting on BM’s behalf ? It seems BM really wants to get this bike story out there and LE clearly does not.
Side note - I wish TD asked him about the LE dig at his construction site After SM went missing. I wonder how he would’ve responded to that question?

BBM

‘Draper shared more detail of his earlier encounter with Morphew, when he saw the Suzanne’s husband driving his truck on a road near the Morphew home, which he also said is separated by a patch of forest from a creek. Draper said he had seen a silver or gray truck parked on the side of the road as he was walking and filming. He said he was narrating as he filmed and felt that anyone who was nearby would have been able to hear him. As Draper was walking back down the road he said a slow-moving truck passed him from behind, the same one that had been parked on the road earlier, and that he clearly saw Barry Morphew in the driver’s seat. He said Morphew as “soaking wet” and not wearing a shirt.

Draper said that the weather on Saturday was gray, rainy, and a bit cold, but that Morphew looked like “he had fallen through ice … He looked like a zombie.” Draper said he believes Morphew must have been in the creek, and said that while he didn’t see Morphew emerge from the woods separating the creek from the road, he believes that would have been the only way Morphew could have accessed his car without passing Draper in the other direction.’

YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on

Sounds like he didn’t see him in the creek. But he was wet, and Draper believes he had to cross the creek.

It was also raining during that video, so I wonder if he was just wet from the rain.

I wonder if BM in the creek is just as witnessed as SM on a bike ride.

BM does not seem worried at all about him being a suspect. He's not intellectual or articulate because he works with tradespeople. That's the way they talk. He is very very successful and has built them a wonderful life. I am glad his mother came there for support.

I have to take exception to this on behalf of all of the smart, well-spoken non-murderous tradespeople out there.

I w0nder who was on scene when the bike was found. I wonder if something went out over the scanner when 911 was first called. It’s a small town and perhaps some emergency personnel went right out to help in the search. They could have been there when the bike was spotted and relayed the info back to BM, without ever thinking twice about it.

Well, if he googled it he would have seen that there were two people killed in the US by mountain lions in 2018. One was attacked on a mountain trail, and the other was killed while biking.

Imo

History of an animal attack while biking would mean there is some precedent of what that scene what look like, and what evidence should be found.

LE's refusal to acknowledge the bike or its condition could make sense to me in two ways. First, they aren't giving out any information whatsoever, so why would they address the bike. Second, there was the email sent to the Indiana church which stated that her bike was "crashed" and the newphew early on prodded LE to comment on the bike. I think that came across to them that someone was trying to play them, put words in their mouth, create a narrative, that would benefit a guilty person. Moo
The weird thing is- why does the nephew know so much about them finding a bike but either doesn't know the condition it was in or wants LE to publicly state the condition.

The excerpt of the article that I posted came from Crime Online. It’s a WS approved media source, correct? If not I can still go back and delete. TIA
The unverified part is that "BM must have been in the creek..." That is youtuber's opinion based on youtuber's perception of BM being wet and not understanding how BM could have a) gotten wet or b) appeared where he did.

Pulling this from your post Seattle:

The Chaffee County Fire Chief Robert Bertram said the initial report that he got was that they found her bike in a ravine”.

The question comes up again as to how he knew this when no fire department searchers were being asked to help and LE obviously does not want anything about the bike known to the public. So who gave him this initial report? I know the Fire Chief was speaking to media about BM through mutual friends. Did BM make this initial report to the fire Chief either directly or through these friends that were reporting on BM’s behalf ? It seems BM really wants to get this bike story out there and LE clearly does not.
Side note - I wish TD asked him about the LE dig at his construction site After SM went missing. I wonder how he would’ve responded to that question?
Good points !^^^
Ita, re. questions about the dig site.
The response might have been extremely interesting !

Haven't heard much out of Mr. Bertram lately.....:rolleyes:

Well, if he googled it he would have seen that there were two people killed in the US by mountain lions in 2018. One was attacked on a mountain trail, and the other was killed while biking.

Imo
While such attacks do happen, I would also guess that their remains are found not far off the beaten path. I suspect it was ruled out in this case as there were no remains to be found. Perhaps no scent either which would indicate she was never there to begin with.

Of course, LE will/must perform their due diligence and search the area as they did, IF that’s where her bike was located. I still believe there was a bike at that location, I just don’t believe SM rode it there. MOO

Taxidermy? Hunting?
The Zillow photos show no such taxidermy. Where are you getting your information that those things were there before?
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/?
The only photos showing the taxidermy that I know of come from the Morphew's first Christmas (on her FB). Please provide your source on the taxidermy being in place, since it's not visible in the multiple listing photos above.
@10ofRods :) bbm sbm Hi, Not @TristanP, but responding anyway. Briefly, I'm not sure if we can tell from our currently available info, whose taxidermy was in Puma Place home or if BM is/was a hunter.
Not so briefly, from ^ link to Zillow's Puma Path listing---
Pix #8-11: mounted deer head on wall. Pix 8-11: antler chandelier (replica? imo likely); Pix 12-13: antler floor lamp (replica?). Pic 25: animal skull, left hand wall. Antlers on placque, right hand wall.
- IIUC, it's likely these pix would have been taken ~ Dec. 2017, when
previous owners listed the house for sale, so would have been showing house w their furnishings, not M family's.
- If previous owners sold some or all their furnishings to M fam, ^ items could have been purchased by M fam.
BM may or may not be a
hunter; even if a hunter, he may not have the animals mounted.

{{{OT: BTW, several yrs ago, walking on our property, I found two mule deer shed antlers on the ground ~ 200 yds apart. I recognized them as a pair - matching antlers - because I knew all daily visitors at our deer buffet (dried corn) and saw that BiggieBoy lost both his antlers before other bucks shed even one. For a couple weeks Biggie Buck seemed self-conscious about his bare head, like a newly buzz-cut Marine recruit, until regrowth started.
Each of us here recognizes & analyzes differently. One person, deer antlers, while avid cyclers can tell one bike from another by 25+ various features of a given bike, whereas some (looking in mirror) would only notice the color and say 'woman's bike.' LE & CSI tech's can distinguish many different physical characterics. Thank goodness for the work they do.}}
Back to finding Suzanne.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members