Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

‘Draper shared more detail of his earlier encounter with Morphew, when he saw the Suzanne’s husband driving his truck on a road near the Morphew home, which he also said is separated by a patch of forest from a creek. Draper said he had seen a silver or gray truck parked on the side of the road as he was walking and filming. He said he was narrating as he filmed and felt that anyone who was nearby would have been able to hear him. As Draper was walking back down the road he said a slow-moving truck passed him from behind, the same one that had been parked on the road earlier, and that he clearly saw Barry Morphew in the driver’s seat. He said Morphew as “soaking wet” and not wearing a shirt.

Draper said that the weather on Saturday was gray, rainy, and a bit cold, but that Morphew looked like “he had fallen through ice … He looked like a zombie.” Draper said he believes Morphew must have been in the creek, and said that while he didn’t see Morphew emerge from the woods separating the creek from the road, he believes that would have been the only way Morphew could have accessed his car without passing Draper in the other direction.’

YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on
Not really responding to your informative post, osu, as much as adding something...

I watched TD’s videos several times, but I know I can remember things wrong...

In the video where he walks past BM’s truck, which then moments later drives past him, when TD said he thought that might have been a wet BM, didn’t he also say there were two other people in the vehicle at the time? Does anyone else remember that?

Not really responding to your informative post, osu, as much as adding something...

In the video where he walks past BM’s truck, which then moments later drives past him, when TD said he thought that might have been a wet BM, didn’t he also say there were two other people in the vehicle at the time? Does anyone else remember that?

Yes, I also remember him saying there were other people in the truck with BM.

JMO

History of an animal attack while biking would mean there is some precedent of what that scene what look like, and what evidence should be found.
Yes, LE stated they do not believe she was attacked by an animal so I assume that means there were no signs of one.

A mountain lion can only drag a human body so far, I would think. Jmo

Dang I was hoping for one of your reassuring posts that “they got it” . Patience is not my virtue
Well I do think “they got it,” but there’s no telling when we might actually see something big.

The fact that they were apparently able to rule out an abduction right away, seems to mean they have some strong evidence.

Without a body though, there isn’t a rush.

EK (@EllenKilloran) Tweeted:
NEW: We had a long conversation with the Arizona man who 'secretly' recorded a video of his encounter with Barry Morphew this weekend. Tyson Draper said that he believes Barry knew the camera was on and behaved accordingly #SuzanneMorphew
YouTuber who ‘secretly’ recorded video of Barry Morphew discussing wife’s disappearance says he believes Suzanne Morphew’s husband knew the camera was on https://twitter.com/EllenKilloran/status/1267865264625942536?s=20

Well, what TD *believes* and what I believe are two different things. It’s all very well to say you believe something but when it directly contradicts your own audio visual then your beliefs should be open to scrutiny. IMO.

This ^^^^
Yes !
Remember in the video interview with TD when BM said the biking trails go all the way to Denver ?
Wth is that even supposed to mean ?
After surviving two bouts of cancer (BM's words, not mine) , she may not have been planning to bike that far.
Obviously.
So why'd he even bring it up ?

A Freudian slip ?
(an unintentional error regarded as revealing subconscious feelings.)

Yes, he did say there were 2 other people with him. I also remember it raining.

Taxidermy? Hunting?
@10ofRods :) bbm sbm Hi, Not @TristanP, but responding anyway. Briefly, I'm not sure if we can tell from our currently available info, whose taxidermy was in Puma Place home or if BM is/was a hunter.
Not so briefly, from ^ link to Zillow's Puma Path listing---
Pix #8-11: mounted deer head on wall. Pix 8-11: antler chandelier (replica? imo likely); Pix 12-13: antler floor lamp (replica?). Pic 25: animal skull, left hand wall. Antlers on placque, right hand wall.
- IIUC, it's likely these pix would have been taken ~ Dec. 2017, when
previous owners listed the house for sale, so would have been showing house w their furnishings, not M family's.
- If previous owners sold some or all their furnishings to M fam, ^ items could have been purchased by M fam.
BM may or may not be a
hunter; even if a hunter, he may not have the animals mounted.

{{{OT: BTW, several yrs ago, walking on our property, I found two mule deer shed antlers on the ground ~ 200 yds apart. I recognized them as a pair - matching antlers - because I knew all daily visitors at our deer buffet (dried corn) and saw that BiggieBoy lost both his antlers before other bucks shed even one. For a couple weeks Biggie Buck seemed self-conscious about his bare head, like a newly buzz-cut Marine recruit, until regrowth started. No guns, crossbows, or weapons involved, no taxidermy either. In M's Indiana home MLS listing, I noticed pix of shed elk or caribou antlers in a bathroom. I do not remember taxidermy works there.}}}
Back to finding Suzanne.

Crime Online article said:
“The source also said that Barry Morphew was an avid hunter, a claim that is supported by photos on Morphew’s social media accounts.”

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]

Info relayed to him by his uncle, perhaps?

jmo

Yep, very likely. I don’t think we’ve ruled out yet whether BM was actually on the scene with LE at the time the bike was recovered either. From his comments, there’s a fairly good chance he might’ve been if he saw what he claims he saw with regards to evidence recovery and handling (and all of that eventually is going to be a matter of fact). It would make sense that he was searching alongside LE that evening if he was back by the time the bike was spotted.

Thank you for saying that. I thought T said it was raining, but wasnt 100% sure.
Although this is a plausible explanation for BM being “soaking”, it’s important to note that TD was wet, but not soaked. So either one had been out longer than the other or there is an alternate explanation for BM being soaked.

Yes, he did say there were 2 other people with him. I also remember it raining.
It certainly could have been rain ! ^^^

But remember, according to TD, there are two separate days he recorded; one of them was cold and drizzling; and the other was warmer.
Hence the sunshine and a forgettable tank top in the interview.

The colder, wet and 'zombie-like' appearance was the day before.
It could be nothing at all as someone's impression of other people is going to vary.

TD seemed to think BM was upset.
That's my impression, and my opinion .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-02 Maps and Guidebooks - Colorado Trail Foundation.png
    Screenshot_2020-06-02 Maps and Guidebooks - Colorado Trail Foundation.png
    362.2 KB · Views: 5
HEY FRIENDS,
PLEASE SHARE AND JOIN US TONIGHT. IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP WORKING ON GROWING OUR WEBSLEUTHS YOUTUBE LIVE SHOW. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Please join us tonight at 10:00 PM Eastern on Websleuths YouTube Live. CLICK HERE AT 10:00 PM EASTERN AND JOIN US LIVE
Scott Peterson's lawyers argued today that Scott deserves a new trial because, well, you know, he is not guilty despite the MEGATON OF EVIDENCE SHOWING HE KILLED HIS 8 MONTH PREGNANT WIFE LACI PETERSON AND HIS SON CONNER BY THROWING HER BODY IN THE OCEAN WHEN HE WENT "FISHING" AT THE BERKELEY MARINA. We'll discuss this appeal and I will try not to yell at the top of my lungs. Then if that doesn't get your blood pumping we found out today that adorable 2-year-0ld Frankie Gonzalez was found dead in a dumpster in TX. His "mother" has been arrested. We will also try and figure out if Barry Morphew really knew he was being filmed when he spoke to a YouTube creator about his missing wife Suzanne. Join us tonight in our live chat room on YouTube. 10:00 PM EASTERN. Click the link below
CLICK HERE AT 10:00 PM EASTERN AND JOIN US LIVE

Attachments

• 20200602_191857.jpg
    20200602_191857.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors