Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i'm wondering if there were cameras at the residential property that was searched? and how about the game cameras - wondering if any of that has been reviewed? and still no confirmed last sighting of SM...
IMO
Game cameras. I keep forgetting about those. They could be a treasure trove. Even if you're not into hunting, if you lived in such a beautiful scenic place, it wouldn't be a stretch to get a game camera to see all the critters, so I think it would be surprising if there weren't some around.

MOO

Maybe I haven’t read back far enough but I haven’t seen any discussion of the short TD video on YouTube yesterday. Maybe it was an older video someone just put up but he is in a different shirt so it’s not from the day he talked to Barry. Anyway he in this video there is a sign right by a bridge which appears to be the little wooden bridge over the river right before the M’s house. The sign is one of those reflective yellow and black type of warning signs. It has some obvious marks/scuffs/small dents or bends in it that appear as if something (car or maybe a bike?) hit the sign hard enough to damage it. In the video he shows the sign and pans in on the fast flowing river behind it and theorizes SM could have hit this sign with her bike and been flung off her bike into the river. I’m confused because this spot is not the same location where BM showed him the bike was found. Anyone else see this yesterday? Thoughts?
If it’s the one I watched last night, it was actually done the day prior to his encounter with BM. He was putting across his “own” theory as to what may have happened close to that little bridge. <modsnip: Please don't bring TD's opinion to Websleuths>

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t know when he left Sunday, but I think whatever happened took place the night before. I don’t think she will be found on the way to Denver.

BM claimed in his accidental interview that he was going to Denver to “prep” a site for his workers for the next day.

Driving over three hours both ways on a Sunday, much less on Mother’s Day, when he said himself in that same interview that he doesn’t normally work on Sundays, just to get a site ready for his guys for the next day seems highly suspect to me.

IMO his own words and flimsy alibi will be his undoing.

If BM is responsible for SM’s disappearance, and left the home to set up an alibi, he did so to make sure someone other than himself would find her missing. The fact that his girls would be the ones to discover their mom gone is the cruelest part of all, if he did this, indirectly involving those girls to create his cover story.

IMO JMO MOO
I missed that, if he actually said he left on Sunday. I heard him say that he had to be there the day before to prep for the workers who were coming Monday, but not that he actually left on Sunday, I took it that he could have left Saturday to be there for working on Sunday. I'll try to listen to it again.

ETA He could have murdered her Saturday and dumped her somewhere on the way to Denver. If he frequently drives that route, he'd know where to go. He would have had time to stage the bike.

Last edited:
Since some of us are wondering if something happened to Suzanne prior to MD. I wonder if they had gone out somewhere and then something happened. She may have never been deceased in the truck. It was difficult to go many places then with Covid19 orders in place, so maybe just some wilderness area to picnic or something. idk. I'm grasping at straws for other scenarios that could have taken place.

Since some of us are wondering if something happened to Suzanne prior to MD. I wonder if they had gone out somewhere and then something happened. She may have never been deceased in the truck. It was difficult to go many places then with Covid19 orders in place, so maybe just some wilderness area to picnic or something. idk. I'm grasping at straws for other scenarios that could have taken place.
it's a great thought worthy of consideration IMO - takes me back to poor Kelsey going with PF in the middle of the night - really could have killed her then and there but he did not. the problem as I see it? we don't have anyone confirming a last time/date she was alive so far - I mean not even the husband saying anything early on except his plea(s). it's disturbing
IMO

Does anyone know who BM’s attorney is? I am reading that he “lawyered up” here, but I am looking for something fact based.

AFAIK, Nancy Grace is the only one who has said that.
I don't know if it's a fact or her own assumption/speculation.
It was on one of her podcasts.
Sorry I don't have the link, but maybe someone else does?

it's a great thought worthy of consideration IMO - takes me back to poor Kelsey going with PF in the middle of the night - really could have killed her then and there but he did not. the problem as I see it? we don't have anyone confirming a last time/date she was alive so far - I mean not even the husband saying anything early on except his plea(s). it's disturbing
IMO
For some reason it's apparently important, IMO, to LE that is not public knowledge. Why isn't some friend/family prominently saying...but I talked to her while she was drinking coffee on Sunday morning? Seems like in recent missing women/kids cases that detail is front and center. Gannon last seen at 3:30 pm by stepmom......disseminated from day 1. (Whether or not it turned out to be true, that is what was being claimed).

I don’t know when he left Sunday, but I think whatever happened took place the night before. I don’t think she will be found on the way to Denver.

BM claimed in his accidental interview that he was going to Denver to “prep” a site for his workers for the next day.

Driving over three hours both ways on a Sunday, much less on Mother’s Day, when he said himself in that same interview that he doesn’t normally work on Sundays, just to get a site ready for his guys for the next day seems highly suspect to me.

IMO his own words and flimsy alibi will be his undoing.

If BM is responsible for SM’s disappearance, and left the home to set up an alibi, he did so to make sure someone other than himself would find her missing. The fact that his girls would be the ones to discover their mom gone is the cruelest part of all, if he did this, indirectly involving those girls to create his cover story.

IMO JMO MOO
Yes, it is my opinion that Barry used his Denver trip to create an alibi for himself. He didn’t want to be the one to report SM’s disappearance to LE. Like you mentioned, it’s very sad that the daughters were on the hook in BM’s absence.

Well, there's another fun google search in my browser history.
Yes, no kidding ! :eek:
I shudder to think what would come up in my pc if it was looked at forensically.

Nothing illegal at all... but some scary searches involving how long cadaverine would stay in or near a creek, and if it's possible to pulverize bones.
Yikes.

That's a really good thought, @kkdj, nice day, let's go for a ride,bring a lunch, maybe a quick hike and take some wine and cheese. And because of Covid-19, there wouldn't be a lot of people around the beauty spots.

moo

AFAIK, Nancy Grace is the only one who has said that.
I don't know if it's a fact or her own assumption/speculation.
It was on one of her podcasts.
Sorry I don't have the link, but maybe someone else does?

Yes, it was NG's May 19th podcast. I'm struggling to get a direct link, but here's a link to CrimeOnline's podcasts listed by date. Hopefully relatively easy to find from there: Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

My thoughts ... I think this was brewing for a couple of days .. Maybe people knew something wasn't right before Mother's Day....as in Suzanne's whereabouts to some family members. I know LE got on this quick time with the FBI and others being called in.I'm not clear on the time frame LE acts on cases like this ..just know they acted quick..so I think that tells us something.

Just my moopinion

Last edited:
General question. What could you do to a body to keep it from being scented or had the scent transferred to something like in a pickup bed? I'm not certain even incineration would work if it was recent. Lime? Space blanket? Add an animal carcass?
I don't remember all the details, but IIRC there wasn't all that much scent in Stepmom's SUV, although Gannon was evidently in a suitcase in the car from what, 4pm Monday to at least 7 pm the next day? IIRC. I know they found blood on the bumper, but not massive blood or scent inside, unless that hasn't been released. Grisly to think of, but a 110 lb woman is about the same weight as a small deer, and would not need too many doubled up trash bags to transport without scent in an open pickup, IMO.

Or, maybe she was still alive until further up the road to Denver.

Last edited:
JMO
I believe the elderly neighbor has been able to provide LE with what was told to her and that may have helped LE in this case.

I have been feeling sad for the poor elderly neighbor that was sucked into this case.
Can you imagine how scared she feels. Until this case is resolved she will always be afraid of a possible killer on the loose.

Perps dont care much about any other people they impact. They probably dont even give a second thought to the collateral damage they cause to others.

This poor lady's tranquil beautiful home and area has been ruined at least for now. And it will always have a bad stain even if this case gets resolved.

JMO
SBM
I have been feeling sad for the poor elderly neighbor that was sucked into this case.
Can you imagine how scared she feels. Until this case is resolved she will always be afraid of a possible killer on the loose.

SBM
This poor lady's tranquil beautiful home and area has been ruined at least for now. And it will always have a bad stain even if this case gets resolved.
Especially "if" she knows something damning about BM's involvement, and there he is, in the nearby house again.

JOOC I wonder if she can see the lights in Suzanne's house at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd