Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be anything, but they knew early on. Maybe the position of the bike, maybe they caught BM in a lie right away, maybe someone stated something in a phone call. Maybe there was a previous history of some sort. They might have gone back to the house and saw something. We don’t know when BM arrive back, or where he met up with LE. We don’t even know if he has seen the girls. We know Suzanne is gone. Really, other than that, not much.

From Trucolors: I wonder what evidence may be in the house itself to show how long she’d been inactive. For example, do they have a security system? Some of them signal every opening of an exterior door. If BM did go to Denver Sunday, or Saturday night, I wonder if there are any systems that would tell LE if exterior doors were opening and closing on Sunday while SM would’ve been home alone, leaving for a bike ride, etc.

——snipped rest of quote for brevity.

I keep thinking, this attacker must have made a HUGE error, failing to account for Suzanne’s routines. Something from the home indicated to authorities RIGHT AWAY that Suzanne was a victim of foul play.

For instance, what might happen every morning at my house before I’d head out for a “bike ride?” Simple, routine daily things.

1. My alarm would start beeping at 7:00am, and I’d turn it off. Was Suzanne’s alarm clock beeping gently up in the master bedroom when the police arrived?

2. I’d make my morning coffee in the Keurig one cup coffee maker. Was a fresh cup of coffee sitting at the coffee machine?

3. I’d put on my Apple Watch, having left it on my nightstand. Did Suzanne have one, still on her nightstand registering no morning activity, or was it on Suzanne’s wrist, registering no activity from time of death?

4. What was in the dishwasher? Had the two had dinner together the night before? If not, why not? What was in the wash machine, dryer, etc.

ETA

5. Before heading out, I’d definitely take my morning pills, which might be divided up into “daily” prescription servings, in those plastic M T W Th F Sa Sun containers.

Just can’t help but think that there are so many balls for a killer to juggle. Something had to drop, and it had to be a minor detail which turned out to be a MAJOR clue.
Kind of a morbid thought, but if you planned to murder someone you’d need months of checklists and plans in order to pull it off. And even then, you’d still forget something or there would be some type of change or difference that you hadn’t accounted for.

Since some of us are wondering if something happened to Suzanne prior to MD. I wonder if they had gone out somewhere and then something happened. She may have never been deceased in the truck. It was difficult to go many places then with Covid19 orders in place, so maybe just some wilderness area to picnic or something. idk. I'm grasping at straws for other scenarios that could have taken place.
I’ve been having this same exact thought. If BM is responsible for her death, I’d bet she is anywhere but “on the way to Denver.”

Not sure if this aspect has already been covered here...found on twitter. This is an interesting new development.

Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase
Very interesting find.

I think it is highly unusual for BLM to be selling any real estate right now. I would think his mind would be obsessed with thoughts of finding SM.

Unless he needs cash and his thoughts are elsewhere...

It's interesting to me that LE have not divulged what the item is. If they suspected an accident, they would have no reason to keep this quiet. It must be something they believe could connect to a third party somehow. Saving it for the questioning maybe.
They probably don’t divulge what they have or the perp would know they are on to them and could be a possible flight risk. Better to keep the perp guessing and local as their nerves are unraveling near breaking point which might lead them to Suzanne. JMO

Very interesting find.

I think it is highly unusual for BLM to be selling any real estate right now. I would think his mind would be obsessed with thoughts of finding SM.

I thought they didn’t have any property registered to them in Indiana.

Has anyone come up with the same filing for Colorado?

Not sure if this aspect has already been covered here...found on twitter. This is an interesting new development.

Seems like BM is setting in motion major decisions for some new plans...

Criminy -- that motion to sell real estate is nothing!!

What about this -- isn't this as good as requesting SM be declared dead?

06/03/2020
Petition to Establish Guardianship Filed
Petition
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020

I usually don’t bother saying this because it always seems obvious, but if you don’t know if this has been submitted as a tip, you should call it in. Colorado LE seems on the ball but he might be sliding some things under the radar in a different state...

Very interesting find.

Scott Peterson starting selling things pretty quickly too--first his wife's truck, then their house was listed...and Lacey was technically still just missing...

Very interesting find.

Criminy -- that motion to sell real estate is nothing!!

What about this -- isn't this as good as requesting SM be declared dead?

06/03/2020
Petition to Establish Guardianship Filed
Petition
Filed By:
Morphew, Barry L
File Stamp:
06/01/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics