Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me I think the biggest clue that BM is the POI is that LE is not sharing any info with him according to his words in his YT interview. If they thought she was abducted, kidnapped I believe they would be keeping him updated with details on the investigation and asking for public help from the public. I don’t believe he has been excluded or cleared as he wants the public to believe unless I hear it from LE myself. He might have already stopped complying. In the presser the sheriff said he was “Complying for now” but that was a few weeks ago. JMO

If BM did kill SM I have a feeling she will never be found. BM being a volunteer firefighter and landscaper I’m sure he would know the best ways to hide a body so she would never be found. LE already was digging under concrete so what does that tell you?
He was also a hunter. Good idea to note all areas of competency. I suppose an area of confidence is optimal if it was planned, if in the moment - convenience. You have me thinking and that is a good thing: planned verses convenience.
We need Monk.:)

Why did this filing appear to go directly to the Indiana Supreme Court?
@Puzzles8 :) IIRC, BM's petition was not filed in the IN supreme court, but in IN circuit ct or probate ct.
I believe the website maintains the database of info from (oversimplifying a bit -->) most or all IN circuit cts (trial courts), IN appellate cts, and the IN Sup Ct as well.
I'd welcome confirmation, clarification, or correction from our legal professionals or others.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tedious detail: "...Electronic access to court information is restricted by federal and state law in addition to court rules and orders. Information on this site is made available as a public service pursuant to order of the Indiana Supreme Court (Adobe PDF)."
For even more tedious detail, see: Indiana Supreme Court public access case search - MyCase

To be honest I don't believe this to be nefarious. It is just too blatant. Even a fool would know how it would be perceived. His attorney would know better as well.

Michael Chamber’s wife didn’t hold back from immediately working to declare her missing husband dead, sell off the house, cars, etc...when he was missing for merely weeks. Family fought against the sale of the home, but she was able to sell it soon after anyway.

It does happen, and not all that rarely either, that murderers move on extremely quickly. The Vallow case is another great example. There are many more, as well, sadly.

IMO JMO MOO

Imo the interested party needs to be related to her -she is the alleged Ward- his mother is not Related to her and can’t consent to his appointment as her guardian
JMO
According to Indiana Law, those closest to the person, by blood or by marriage, is notified upon filing and can consent or contest the guardianship prior to the hearing.

Well if he went missing .... make sure all your accounts are joint - and smart getting your POAs - funny -(not really) but we’ve been doing a lot of revocations of POAs - divorce makes people very aware of that power the soon to be ex has as long as it is in effect LOL - covid and stay home has had a sad affect on marriages for some
JMO
My DIL is a paralegal for an estate atty. Their business took off like a freight train w/ covid.

Incineration would work, if it was complete. I can't find any cases in the forensic literature where cadaverine was used to locate a burned body. But the key thing is time. Cadaverine doesn't appear in the products of cells right away. Complete incineration is of course quite difficult (usually teeth remain as well as thicker bones, such as the back of the skull - even in very hot fires such as the ones that swept through Paradise, CA). It can be very difficult to locate incinerated remains if the perp is aware of this.
So if planned and a mode of competency was preferred, incineration would be the choice? Right now I am looking at planned or in the moment and to me that competency suggests planned.

If the IN house sold on 5/29/2019 then what other IN property is he wanting to sell? Could it be property/land that SM inherited and it’s only in her name?
The county tax assessor still has the home in the Morphews name, and they are still responsible for the taxes. So it could not have sold. An address lookup has the name of a tenant currently living at the address.

The county tax assessor still has the home in the Morphews name, and they are still responsible for the taxes. So it could not have sold. An address lookup has the name of a tenant currently living at the address.
If they did a seller carry back to facilitate the purchase would the assessor’s office reflect the current resident as responsible?

Guardianship Laws
.... I did not know that all states in the US have similar laws about overseeing Guardianships. Or that all states had similar legal definitions of "incapacitation."...
@10ofRods :) sbm Since your post hints at interest in similarities of state laws re guardianships, some info below. Indiana & Colorado have adopted. Hope it helps.
The Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Jurisdiction Act
UAGPPJA_Final_Act_No_Comments.doc < --- ~15 pages, w text of uniform law, no comments.
UAGPPJA_Final Act_With_Comments.pdf < --- ~40 pages, w text of uniform law + Comments (explanations)
https://www.uniformlaws.org/HigherL...52a-cfa5-bf9a-8d9e-f3185bfcc8a2&forceDialog=0 <--- "Fact Sheet" shows which states adopted u.law & also lists organizations which endorsed it. This u.law by AARP, Alzheimers Assoc, + many more.
Appears all states have adopted except TX, MI, KS, FL. < --- @oviedo FL not adopted it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For over a century, the Uniform Law Commission in the US has drafted "uniform laws" and promoted the adoption of these proposals by US states. Many proposals have been adopted by virtually all states, thus the similarities of laws in states that have enacted them.
List of uniform acts (United States) - Wikipedia <--- some dead links there.

Last edited:
Does this mean it’s a lease-to-own situation? The buyer agrees to make monthly payments for a certain amount of time and after that set time, it’s theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks