Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wildlife department receives reports of mountain lions in BV

Wildlife officials unsure if stay-at-home orders will impact mountain lion behavior

Mountain lion captured in garage of north Longmont home

Mountain lion spotted in Boulder backyard Thursday

https://delnorteprospector.com/arti...ountain-lions-force-closure-of-whiting-ranch/

Mountain lion interactions, sightings continue in area - The Crested Butte News
Mountain lion interactions, sightings continue in area - The Crested Butte News

These are Just the newest ones i could find. One of these states that the stay at home order is having a affect on the moutian lion normal behavior. I will be posting more links later on the behavior of moutian lions when they have their sites on Prey. If you have a weak stomach dont watch them. The loin tends to take its prey away from the site of 1st contact to do what it is going to do. Not only Colorado is having increased sightings but other states as well. The amount of attacks on People are rising. Not that i am saying this is what happened to SM and i am not defending BM but He is telling the Truth about LE knowing of recent moutian lions and Attacks happening in the areas sournding and sighting even in Salida

Why are we still engaging in discussions about mountain lions? LE's position from early on is this did not happen.
There is no particular reason to highlight mountain lions in the news IMO. There are mountain lions all over the west. There are human encounters with mountain lions all over the west. A mountain lion is not an unusual sight. And, yep, LE has its ear to the ground in our communities, so it's very likely they hear about the local mountain lion population. But how is this all applicable to the Morphew case, when LE has taken it off the table already?

AND in Indiana? Wow.

I texted a colleague of mine here in CA who does probate and she thought it was odd just that a missing person’s property could be sold:
I think it highly likely SM signed the purchase agreement. Is it fair to the buyer a year later not to honor the purchase agreement? I'm also betting SM has a will signed long ago.

JMO

I think it’s definitely trending in a positive direction, but it’s the kind of case that’s going to take many months to build (especially without a body).

Not only do I think BM is a prime suspect, but I think he was a prime suspect almost immediately.

These are still early days, and I think they still have quite a bit of evidence to analyze (cell records, financial records, lab results,
surveillance footage, witness statements, etc).
This could take quite a while, but I think they’re on the right track. It’s just impossible to know where the investigation stands at this point.

and with all the new developments that LE has no control over but still need to investigate, the search for SM is morphing into a film noir where nothing is what it seems to be until the end.

There's evidence in the public record that demonstrates SM was very prudent with allowing the use of her POA and nobody had free reign over her name or authority.

That BM had enough time and energy to see an emergency guardianship through, under the circumstances, is interesting.
JMO expect this would have been advised whenever a spouse owns a business, if the business went under there would be protection for the family assets. I WOBBLE on this.

The last time I remember a husband who wanted to sell off the wifes vehicle and home was Scott Peterson and we know how that one ended he has a cell on death row that overlooks the same Bay his wife washed up on.
As for the lion attack I still cannot get behind that, a lion or bear is not on the hunt for humans to eat in the spring when food is plentiful and from what I saw on the video of BM showing where the bike was found I thought you would be able to easily see the bike from the road but from the video today because of the brush you would have to know where to look, and the bike was found by family the same day she went missing (?)
I have looked and also can't find any tiger king or Carol Baskin type places in the area where she may have been attacked by big cat from something like that. So I just cannot get behind the animal attack story.
And I remember on more than one occasion (because of my gracefulness) when I would wreck on my bike I would have no knee or elbow skin left luckily I am old enough people didn't think I was abused with the amount of band-aids I required as a bike riding speed demon. But there is no evidence that there was small amounts of blood or rock disturbance in the place that she was going so fast her bike ended up that far down the hill? And that is not a ravine. I also cannot get over the fact that according to BM the articles of SM were found in the opposite direction, another set up like the bike if you ask me.

Lol, I like your post...I have made a mental note--winter can be a time when wild animals are in search of food and hungry!

Why are we still engaging in discussions about mountain lions? LE's position from early on is this did not happen.
There is no particular reason to highlight mountain lions in the news IMO. There are mountain lions all over the west. There are human encounters with mountain lions all over the west. A mountain lion is not an unusual sight. And, yep, LE has its ear to the ground in our communities, so it's very likely they hear about the local mountain lion population. But how is this all applicable to the Morphew case, when LE has taken it off the table already?
I agree RickshawFan. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about a thousand miles over my head, that's for sure.
I do appreciate some of you trying to explain it, and yet it's still complicated and confusing to me.
I just can't help but wonder, a man's wife goes missing, the actions of LE appear to indicate he's the one they're looking at, despite the fact they've never actually said that, and then suddenly he has a pressing need to sell a pricey piece of real estate so he can have the $$ at his disposal.

I mean, what else does he need that money for, so quickly? o_O
Exactly! And I’m still fingers crossed that LE bugged the hell out of his house and electronics and they are privy to everything he is up to! MOO

Yup, this is why I think the rental property was listed for sale by the Morphews long before SM became missing.

Question is if BM wanted the proceeds all to himself and also investigated on how to get that done. Via guardianship. Then we are talking premeditated murder.
IMO
I think it could be argued that was what “both parties intended” when docs were signed. I’m not sure this will stop it from happening though.

IMO and each state has different RE laws so this is just guidance. Typically the dispersement and allocation of funds is spelled out when escrow is opened. Then, prior to closing 3-5 days all parties sign final closing docs. Then once recordation has happened (24 hours typically), the funds are made available. A wire transfer to a joint bank account would not be unusual.

IMO this is what will happen. Bravado has shocked me several times thus far in this case. We can only hope it is this blatant and transparent to LE.

If BM had SM's death certificate, then BM didn't need to seek a emergency guardianship to finalize the current sale of their jointly owned property. All he had to do was to present the Death certificate to escrow officer to clear the title of the property. I learned of this during the sale of Mom's home after my Dad passed. I think it's a simple process and happens a lot in the real estate world.

I'm guessing that BM is also seeking a permanent guardianship because he knows he won't have SM's death certificate for a long while. And he is thinking of selling some more properties in IN.
My guess is that real estate investments are part of the couple's income stream. My husband and I have had several such properties for decades. If SM signed a purchase/sales agreement more than a year ago, no judge would have a problem granting the temporary guardianship as was done in this case. A property's title must be clear and it would not be fair to the purchaser to hold up the transfer of the deed. In any event, it sounds like the judge agreed to do it and it is now a moot point.

JMO

Thanks @gitana1 -- we have four attorneys now that find BM's use of the Probate court in such manner while his wife missing: odd, bizarre, weird, and No. :eek: We don't like it! Smells very bad.

BBM:

Righhhhhht??!

Meanwhile, back in Indiana, Judge Michael A. Casati's response:

"Okay, let's see, what do we have here….hmmm…..missing wife…couple lives in Colorado…210k reward…active investigation into her disappearance by LE….Well, all righty, then!
Everything looks pretty straightforward to me. Where do I sign off?
Guardianship: Check!
Sale of Real Estate: Check, check!"

I mean, come ON.

I trust the judgment of our 4 attorneys far more than Judge Casati's, that's for sure.

JMO.

Last edited:
The last guardianship handled by our lawyers that included the sale of real property Sought permission of the judge (Through a similar petition to sell) we held the funds by court order (part of the petition to sell the property spelled out) in our trust account until the contested proceedings were decided - and then the judge’s order Of the disbursement to the guardian of the ward (his second wife) Was read in court and he said the “blood sucking kids got their last dime” (judges words I kid you not) and gave her the entire amount even though they wanted half and he was still alive - guardianship can get ugly when there are significant assets IMO

The big Cat problem needs addressing by each State . I find it rather dishearting that you cant find warnings that the Cats of wildlife have been spotted in area posted for warning of tourist. Found posting for the locals but if you look up sighting of moutian lions near a tourist town nothing but how to plan your trip and lion named places to visit. SM being attacked wasnt even in the posiabilties for me. I assume lots of blood would be found at the site of the bike. Not from the research i have done (thank you bing test your smarts) They will get ahold of their prey but they will take it away from 1st spot just incase other animals are near. The point of contact is not always the point of the kill. I need tho heal from surgery and get a good bill of health soon. I am writing to the wildlife offices about lack of inform easily accessed by people visting their states.

There is no big Cat problem. In the US, mountain lion attacks are so rare, they kill .3 people per year...that's about one person every 3 years. Here's a recent study (published 2019) on animal attacks on humans in the US. https://digitalcommons.usu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1544&context=hwi.

IMO, the possibility of a mountain lion attack has been pushed in an attempt to cause reasonable doubt.

Obvious to point this out, but just making it explicit for discussion purposes: If SM’s disappearance is the result of some financially-driven motive on BM’s part, no way was this a crime of passion IMO. Premeditated to the hilt. JMO
Shades of Letecia? You make an excellent point...JMO if I were a criminal, I think I would use something other than a lion;they aren’t very dependable, are they?

I’m not that disturbed by the guardianship if that is the only way to complete a transaction that was long in the works. It does show that BM is not consumed with only finding his wife. Life does go on. He definitely seems like a guy who can compartmentalize his life. My concern is where that money is going. Is 50% protected? Did they maintain separate accounts or were all funds intermingled?
It really isn't all that difficult to hire an attorney to do the heavy lifting so that BM can more focus on finding his wife.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member