Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

I agree with you that this case doesn't bear many similarities to the ones you listed, except, possibly the Peterson case in some respects.

Personally, I think this case bears a much closer resemblance to, say, the Barbara Thomas case out of California or even, in certain ways, the Kelsey Berreth case out of Colorado, than any of the ones you've cited above.

Unfortunately, in the cases I mentioned, the bodies of neither woman have ever been found.

Sadly, the Barbara Thomas case appears to be stone cold, even though she's been missing less than a year.

The Kelsey Berreth case was successfully prosecuted as a no-body case and her evil, moronic killer is serving LWOP + 156 years + 5 years probation. (I love that the judge tacked on that 5 years probation bit).

All this to say:

I think we're likely looking at another no-body case with SM.
I hate saying that, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

But that's the way I see this case trending.

JMO.
I do as well .. sigh.. much like JFD in CT / her soon to be ex (not) killed himself but of course he and the mistress IMO were to blame - I’m glad they asked for video much like the video gleaned by LE in her case / where is she? I have a good guess
JMO

The person who did it has filed 283 memorials on Find A Grave, so she’s not just a one time submitter. I don’t know what to think ... <modsnip>
This is just crazy. I looked it up also and it is out there. with a Memorial ID and everything.
I am familiar with this website as I use it a lot with my genealogy of my family and while I will say that all my family info is legit, I wonder if this one is , but I am not familiar with person that posted it so I just don't know.
Just WOW

Last edited:
Property isn't sold and closed, generally-speaking, in less than a month. What that means is the property that is due to close tomorrow (June 6th) would have been under contract prior to SM going missing, perhaps weeks before. I don't think her disapperance and alleged murder is necessarily related to the property that is in escrow and due to close tomorrow.

I don't see a problem with the transaction being completed -- a buy contract that was done before SM went missing. Being under contract has legal ramifications and why should the buyer of the property be harmed as a result of one of the parties going missing?

I'm not being callous here, I'm just looking at the biz and legal issues. It's not like BM was selling this property just as of last week, which would be callous. It's horrible to say, but life does go on and business goes on and the world doesn't stop spinning even if you wish it would.

I'm assuming this is just ONE transaction, not that BM is busy selling everything that was SM's.

The big Cat problem needs addressing by each State . I find it rather dishearting that you cant find warnings that the Cats of wildlife have been spotted in area posted for warning of tourist. Found posting for the locals but if you look up sighting of moutian lions near a tourist town nothing but how to plan your trip and lion named places to visit. SM being attacked wasnt even in the posiabilties for me. I assume lots of blood would be found at the site of the bike. Not from the research i have done (thank you bing test your smarts) They will get ahold of their prey but they will take it away from 1st spot just incase other animals are near. The point of contact is not always the point of the kill. I need tho heal from surgery and get a good bill of health soon. I am writing to the wildlife offices about lack of inform easily accessed by people visting their states.

This is like suggesting tourists should be warned about sightings of coyotes in New England so they can avoid making reservations there. You go out West, and there are mountain lions and bears in the woods. You go to New England, and there are coyotes in the meadows. Bears, too. You go to Florida, and you've got alligators, which may or may not eat humans depending on the individual.
Yep, animal dangers lurk everywhere. So what?
This mountain lion stuff in this context is like flogging a very dead horse.

Attacked by a mountain lion.
Abducted.
Wrecked her bike and got disoriented.

Frankly, I'm surprised we didn't hear sex trafficking or alien abduction balloons being floated.

I've said this before, too:

I don't think I'd ever seen someone both figuratively AND literally pointing their finger in every possible direction but their own before.

Until I saw that video.

JMO.
Yes, yes you did! Couldn’t agree more.

Thank you for posting all the mountain lion articles, interesting reads. They are a majestic beast and human encounters with them can be deadly for sure.
But IMO, Suzanne's disappearance was an encounter with a known beast who walks on two legs, not four.
I agree!! But that was an incredible story about the mountain lion that came in through the doggie door! That was in Salida! 2010 though. Those poor dogs. If mountain lions are attracted to deer remember the deer in TD video? They were eating that “Day 4” ziplock food bag. Maybe BM left food there to attract deer to attract a mountain lion so LE would see one in the area. That is really reaching huh? It sounds like I know an old woman who swallowed a spider...:p

That may depend also, I am an Indiana resident with my Indiana drivers license, but I live in Lou,KY now I am unable to get any Ky state help (not that I need it) or vote in this State until my license is given to me by Ky, so if they left the vehicles registered in Indiana it would not be that big of a stretch to think there valid license may still be from Indiana.

Exactly. I am thinking they are both still designated as Indiana residents.

I think it could be argued that was what “both parties intended” when docs were signed. I’m not sure this will stop it from happening though.

IMO and each state has different RE laws so this is just guidance. Typically the dispersement and allocation of funds is spelled out when escrow is opened. Then, prior to closing 3-5 days all parties sign final closing docs. Then once recordation has happened (24 hours typically), the funds are made available. A wire transfer to a joint bank account would not be unusual.

IMO this is what will happen. Bravado has shocked me several times thus far in this case. We can only hope it is this blatant and transparent to LE.
On a purchase mtg signing, the funds are available same day as closing, however, this signing is on a Saturday so he wont get the funds until Monday.

I don’t think BM intended to set the stage for a mountain lion attack, rather, I think he took advantage of it. Here’s why:

The whole bike ride narrative, along with the bike being found, was done in an effort to stage an abduction.

The expectation is that they would see the bike, and then begin investigating an abduction. God knows that scenario has occurred before.

For whatever reason, the sheriff’s department, CBI, and FBI, didn’t bite. They seem to have known that she wasn’t abducted, and quickly began focusing on BM.

I agree. I think he planted the bike in order to make LE think it was an abduction, and given his complaint to Tyson Draper about LE messing up "evidence" on the roadside, I think he may have even tried to make it look like there had been a struggle on the side of the road (think chaotic, foot-dragged markings in the dirt).

But as you say, LE didn't buy it. Why LE didn't buy is an interesting question, but I think it's probably because (i) they didn't like any number of his answers to relatively simple questions and (ii) they didn't find that a likely location or scenario for an abduction.

Barry is now floating a mountain lion theory because he realizes the abduction story seems a little thin at this point and because he's nervous and a little desperate.

All just my opinion, though.

BBM:

Righhhhhht??!

Meanwhile, back in Indiana, Judge Michael A. Casati's response:

"Okay, let's see, what do we have here….hmmm…..missing wife…couple lives in Colorado…210k reward…active investigation into her disappearance by LE….Well, all righty, then!
Everything looks pretty straightforward to me. Where do I sign off?
Guardianship: Check!
Sale of Real Estate: Check, check!"

I mean, come ON.

I trust the judgment of our 4 attorneys far more than Judge Casati's, that's for sure.

JMO.
BBM-- Is he in Carroll county, by chance

So TD YouTube is back up? The location where the bike was “supposedly” found, with red crime scene tape, looks very far off the road. Was that clip up before? How did they come across it? Seeing it, I can understand it being odd to find it there. hmm
It didn’t look like it made a path through the brush as it came down the embankment either. It would have been more believable that she crashed and “got in the river” if the bike was found near that sign by the bridge. If he saw TD video showing the dented sign I SPECULATE that he was thinking “Well damn why didn’t I think of that?!”

I don’t think BM intended to set the stage for a mountain lion attack, rather, I think he took advantage of it. Here’s why:

The whole bike ride narrative, along with the bike being found, was done in an effort to stage an abduction.

The expectation is that they would see the bike, and then begin investigating an abduction. God knows that scenario has occurred before.

For whatever reason, the sheriff’s department, CBI, and FBI, didn’t bite. They seem to have known that she wasn’t abducted, and quickly began focusing on BM.

In response to this, or in response to speculation that an animal attack occurred, the “mountain lion” theory emerged.

Looking at that YouTube video, it appears that BM is pushing a mix of both. Basically, “I thought she was attacked by a mountain lion, now I’m not sure she was attacked by a mountain lion, but she still could have been attacked by a mountain lion. Also, maybe she was abducted.”

Muddy waters, yet not really.

This.

Speculating here, but IMO BM's preferred scenario was abduction. That was the only way he could end up with guardianship. And guardianship was the goal, not a fortuitous result.
The mountain lion thing gets people who aren't from the West—e.g. from Indiana—all riled up and pursuing that red herring. Smoke and mirrors. That's why BM, IMO, inserted into the narrative. It can distract folks from considering the more likely realities.

It didn’t look like it made a path through the brush as it came down the embankment either. It would have been more believable that she crashed and “got in the river” if the bike was found near that sign by the bridge. If he saw TD video showing the dented sign I SPECULATE that he was thinking “Well damn why didn’t I think of that?!”
Correct. I didn’t see any type of biking trail or any way of getting there by bike.

The person who did it has filed 283 memorials on Find A Grave, so she’s not just a one time submitter. I don’t know what to think ... <modsnip>
I haven't read further than this post yet, but did you message the find a grave poster? I was curious about some posted photos on my hubby's side and the poster got back to me a few times and answered my questions. Just a thought. moo

So far I have followed the Peterson (both Scott and Michael), Cooper, Young, Dulos, Broussard and lately Vallow cases....this one seems different to me even as much as I see suspicion in BM I am just not ready to jump off this very uncomfortable fence.
I am just curious as to what you think might have happened to Suzanne??
I agree, this is a very different case than the others. JMO

JMO We have had a POA since Desert Storm, even tho I have been told they don’t expire, per se, valid til you revoke them. It has not been an issue since then, and all our financials are designed for either of us to access if the other dies. Do I need to make sure that POA is still in effect? Is it necessary?
No, it is NOT necessary as long as nothing has changed within the POA documents. ( who has POA, who can make decisions, etc)
If the person who made the POA passes away, then the POA becomes VOID. the POA dies with the person.
I was my mom's POA so I did a lot of research on this. JMO

Property isn't sold and closed, generally-speaking, in less than a month. What that means is the property that is due to close tomorrow (June 6th) would have been under contract prior to SM going missing, perhaps weeks before. I don't think her disapperance and alleged murder is necessarily related to the property that is in escrow and due to close tomorrow.

I don't see a problem with the transaction being completed -- a buy contract that was done before SM went missing. Being under contract has legal ramifications and why should the buyer of the property be harmed as a result of one of the parties going missing?

I'm not being callous here, I'm just looking at the biz and legal issues. It's not like BM was selling this property just as of last week, which would be callous. It's horrible to say, but life does go on and business goes on and the world doesn't stop spinning even if you wish it would.

I'm assuming this is just ONE transaction, not that BM is busy selling everything that was SM's.
Agree-- the purchase transaction would have started most likely PRIOR to Suzanne going Missing.
He is asking the court to allow him to sign for her at the closing.
I am just surprised that the court speed tracked it through so quickly as that is not how it usually happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675