Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
a reputable family lawyer would make sure that SM's share of sold real estate funds remain in escrow until she can be legally declared dead--usually it takes seven years--I would be damn mad if I came back from missing and my family within a month of me being gone had already started to liquidate my share of the assets...just saying.
Again I know I'm coming in late...but BAM!!!!

How does one keep an out of state vehicle plate/registration and claim the state as home by voting , which means you have a driver's license from that state? I'm so confused. Not to add working under a business formed in another state? My eyes are crossing right now. :confused:

How does one keep an out of state vehicle plate/registration and claim the state as home by voting , which means you have a driver's license from that state? I'm so confused. Not to add working under a business formed in another state? My eyes are crossing right now. :confused:

Shady types and lazy types do it all the time. Leaning toward shady rather than lazy, for BM. He's been quite busy this week.

I agree!! But that was an incredible story about the mountain lion that came in through the doggie door! That was in Salida! 2010 though. Those poor dogs. If mountain lions are attracted to deer remember the deer in TD video? They were eating that “Day 4” ziplock food bag. Maybe BM left food there to attract deer to attract a mountain lion so LE would see one in the area. That is really reaching huh? It sounds like I know an old woman who swallowed a spider...:p

Oh, I don't know - I kind of like your kind of speculation. Very much.

Also, a few days back I realized there is not only the fire department that BM volunteers at but also the forestry fire department. There were a couple woodland fires in the days before SM went missing rather close to their home. Not accusing, just mentioning. The house is close to national forestry land. Moo

I was thinking protective as well. Tell me what you think in 60 seconds.
Weeble, whell, after Letecia’s cross country jaunt, LE is not taking any chances are they?
Not only do they have a tracking device, but they have a Jeep? Capable of following that truckanywhere. It is 12:30 midnite ET
Stay tuned, I can just rest on this side, it has been well argued...Guilty! He’s the husband, of course he’s guilty. Good nite, Tune in later for “as the fence wobbles” theme song “the lion sings tonite” I met a group of EMTs their sense of humor shocked me, laugh to keep from crying.

a reputable family lawyer would make sure that SM's share of sold real estate funds remain in escrow until she can be legally declared dead--usually it takes seven years--I would be damn mad if I came back from missing and my family within a month of me being gone had already started to liquidate my share of the assets...just saying.
Again I know I'm coming in late...but BAM!!!!
Thanks @gitana1 -- we have four attorneys now that find BM's use of the Probate court in such manner while his wife missing: odd, bizarre, weird, and No. :eek: We don't like it! Smells very bad.
Very bad!
Do you know what it is like in SD to get guardianship of a loved one?!!!

5000.00 later and told No.

SD does not and will not grant guardianship.

It is a mess. It is a lawyers nightmare.

Its NOT that easy! No way no how.

I am stunned.......

Why are we still engaging in discussions about mountain lions? LE's position from early on is this did not happen.
There is no particular reason to highlight mountain lions in the news IMO. There are mountain lions all over the west. There are human encounters with mountain lions all over the west. A mountain lion is not an unusual sight. And, yep, LE has its ear to the ground in our communities, so it's very likely they hear about the local mountain lion population. But how is this all applicable to the Morphew case, when LE has taken it off the table already?
BMM
Great post!!!

It is very scary !!
When we had to get Guardianship for my mom through the court, my mom had to be declared incompetent. While my mom was not a missing person, there were a ton of state and county departments involved in the research or examination of her affairs, family, monetary, health, etc. It was a few months of probing into family matters.
I cannot believe they gave him the Guardianship so quickly plus the fact that she is missing. It does not make sense to me, but I am not an attorney or a court appointed person, I just know from having to experience it myself.
JMO but if he had to do this to get guardianship, then I can be pretty sure he did not have a POA in place or he could have utilized that legal document to process any legal activity, documents, etc.
JMO
Yep!!! Agreed!!!!

The State Of Colorado has a current bulletin "LIVING WITH LIONS" which is reproduced at this link:
https://www.townofbreckenridge.com/home/showdocument?id=7515

it is hilarious to me that Americans think Australia is dangerous

you have mountain lions.... a big cat roaming all over the place

you have dangerous snakes as well and bigger spiders than we have, you also have great white sharks and gators, black bears, grizzly bears etc

i think Animal planet and Nat Geo have a lot of answer for

MOO I would suggest more human predators warnings... not so rare.
bbm
Snipped for focus.

This ^^^^^

Come to think of it the only mention we’ve seen of a cancer diagnosis was via BM’s social media with zero confirmation by friends, family or fellow church members. If BM is a narcissist how possible would it be that he presented a fake narrative to suit his needs? IOW more sympathy, business lining up, rental properties, etc. IMO
If anyone has a link to any cancer claims not within his social media I would appreciate it. I’m not negating that SM was ever ill but I cannot find a single source to confirm BM’s claims outside of his own questionable statements and inferences.
MOO
Ita.
I would like to know this as well.
Thanks for bringing it up !

I've looked around a bit and found no other source to back up BM's claims.
Still it could be very true and so sad.

But more and more I think that BM has presented the public with a string of red herrings.

• Mountain lion attack. (BM referenced this himself, in the TD video; I have to wonder if BM also said he saw one of these animals , to LE ? )
  • Random stranger abduction.
  • Fell from her bike and into the river.
  • Anything else I've missed ?

It's troubling that people (incl. myself !) have speculated on various theories presented by only one person.
MOO

Last edited:
Property isn't sold and closed, generally-speaking, in less than a month. What that means is the property that is due to close tomorrow (June 6th) would have been under contract prior to SM going missing, perhaps weeks before. I don't think her disapperance and alleged murder is necessarily related to the property that is in escrow and due to close tomorrow.

I don't see a problem with the transaction being completed -- a buy contract that was done before SM went missing. Being under contract has legal ramifications and why should the buyer of the property be harmed as a result of one of the parties going missing?

I'm not being callous here, I'm just looking at the biz and legal issues. It's not like BM was selling this property just as of last week, which would be callous. It's horrible to say, but life does go on and business goes on and the world doesn't stop spinning even if you wish it would.

I'm assuming this is just ONE transaction, not that BM is busy selling everything that was SM's.
Ok.... I'm on the band wagon with this. IF , this is the one transaction that was started before her "disappearane."

IF this is the one and only trasaction he is seeking...then it makes sense. Even her daughters have the right and dignity to be provided for.

HOWEVER! If this is an ongoing guardianship to be able to manage and maneuver SM's assets to BM'S favor then... its not ok.
No!
MOO

This is so worth repeating:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member