Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, please I have no greater ability to assess plants, we are all equal here and I greatly value everyone's input. I am sure I am wrong about many things, I am just trying to discern and learn.
I used to spend time in Montana's mountains when I lived there and have been chastised by career naturalist freinds for stepping on plants, so ya know it's just become a thing.
Slopes can be difficult to traverse, let alone search. Rain, wind, things rolling down, it would be hard to find what your looking for. I would for sure search it a couple of times and over time. Easy to miss stuff.

Sorry, I didn't mean that the way it came out. I meant I have trouble making out details on videos, so I couldn't tell whether the tops are trampled. If so, it's an important detail, as you pointed out.

Whereabouts in Montana? I'm from the Bozeman area.

As long as we are just speculating (not much else to do at this point), if she wanted to return to Indiana, she could have bought a different house with the money from the sell of the old one. Moo
Unless the funds were earmarked for something else. There’s just so much we don’t know, including the dynamics of their relationship. We don’t know who spearheaded all these financial moves.

No, I don't believe that Suzanne Morphew would put her daughters through that.

My opinion is that the way in which BM says, "Oh, Suzanne" made me think..."Look what you made me do". MOO
Personally, I never approach a case with the angle “would someone do something like that?”

The real question is “could someone do something like that?”

Here my answer is no, as we wouldn’t be seeing what we are seeing if that was a legitimate possibility.

If she could have been abducted, we would have seen law enforcement approach that in the way they approach abductions.

If anything else happened, we wouldn’t see what we are seeing. This is focused.

They didn’t search the Morphew residence because “the husband is usually responsible.”

Likewise, they didn’t spend days digging up private property because “that’s as good a place as any to look.”

Something both specific and compelling, is guiding all of this. They are looking at BM because the evidence tells them he is likely responsible.

Now if this was local law enforcement, then I wouldn’t be as confident that I am of this. We are talking about multiple agencies though, some with extensive experience in cases like this.

Why continue devoting so much time to the guardianship issue? The IN judge, lawyers, and IN law has already made a decision.

I don't think anyone here would have standing to object.
The guardianship issue is huge.

- SM/BM owns several properties. Multi million dollars worth all together (I'm guessing only)
- SM disappears into thin air
- We don't know what, how, where, when, who, why, motive.
- BM wants permanent guardianship now.

It's huge. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Personally, I never approach a case with the angle “would someone do something like that?”

Here my answer is no, as we wouldn’t be seeing what we are seeing if that was a legitimate possibility.

If she could have been abducted, we would have seen law enforcement approach that in the way they approach abductions.

They didn’t search the Morphew residence because “the husband is usually responsible.”

Likewise, they didn’t spend days digging up private property because “that’s as good a place as any to look.”

Something both specific and compelling, is guiding all of this. They are looking at BM because the evidence tells them he is likely responsible.

Now if this was local law enforcement, then I wouldn’t be as confident that I am of this. We are talking about multiple agencies though, some with extensive experience in cases like this.

MOO argument led to her death one way or another. Then he set out to make it look like an acccidental death outside the home.
Sherrif brought dogs.
Maybe the dogs said we dont scent that lady around here. That would initiate immediate suspicion in the case

JMO
I had not considered new growth which is a definite possibility since the day she went missing. If it was much shorter at the time that could allow a person wrecking to go much further down off the road.

Assuming that is the right spot where it was found, I was trying to think if it was even possible she got knocked off the bike by a vehicle or wrecked on her own.

I used to do a little biking years ago, and I watch some BMX and X-games and even the Red Bull "Rampage" and have seen quite a few bicycle wrecks on TV. Assuming that is the spot, I was thinking for a normal person just cruising along that road, I have a tough time thinking the bicycle would have tumbled that far down without getting hung up. But if growth was much shorter, then yeah it could be possible if she was going fast.

What normally happens in a normal wreck if you hit rough steep terrain like that is you go head over the bike and get separated from it pretty quickly. Now if she somehow managed to try to stay upright once leaving the road, then I could maybe see it getting down that far. And of course depending on her speed I suppose it could have made it that far down. It just seemed pretty far down.
Just to go along with another theory, if BM wasn't responsible, then my only other guess IF she was on her bike, would be a car/bike accident.
However, in that case, I would expect that she or her body would have been found near the bike, if that was truly found.
We really don't know if the bike was found, but if so, and it was an accident of some sort, she should have been found nearby, IMO

Just to go along with another theory, if BM wasn't responsible, then my only other guess IF she was on her bike, would be a car/bike accident.
However, in that case, I would expect that she or her body would have been found near the bike, if that was truly found.
We really don't know if the bike was found, but if so, and it was an accident of some sort, she should have been found nearby, IMO

Or, she was abducted.

And where is her phone? If there was a bike accident the phone would have been found down that hill under vegetation or close by. I guess this info will come out later.

If I'm understanding this correctly, SM gave POA to BM in April 2019. Did she revoke it or does it only last a certain amount of time? If she revoked it, that's extremely suspicious.
From my experience it could have been either. It all depends how it was drafted and it’s intended uses. When we draft wills and POAs for spouses we generally draft General POAs that don’t expire. We usually only draft conditional POAs when extended family members or unrelated 3rd parties (family friend etc) are involved.

I'm still new to this particular message board, so I'm not sure on multi-quote yet (don't worry, I'm tech savvy so I'll figure it out soon enough) and I wanted to reply to you as well as TKG. I hope @TKG will suffice.

I am an attorney, and I have to reply ethically, and thus this will be a general statement. In other words, I can't say I have any special insight into this case. I don't, so take this with a grain of salt, and know this isn't legal advice. But, generally speaking, temporary guardianships are much more restrictive than general.

As far as notice, the provisions are seemingly laid out at 29-3.5-2-8 of the Indiana Code:

2011 Indiana Code :: TITLE 29. PROBATE :: ARTICLE 3.5. UNIFORM ADULT GUARDIANSHIP AND PROTECTIVE PROCEEDINGS JURISDICTION ACT :: CHAPTER 2. JURISDICTION

I have no doubt that the Indiana District Judge Complied with notice requirements in this case.

We only have read that, apparently, one family member states he/she didn't receive notice. It could be her dad, it could be her siblings (don't know that she has any), it could be great aunt Margo twice removed. I can only assume that notice was given "in the same manner as required to be given in" Indiana.

Vague enough for you? :p

Whew, thank you. :D I agree, to think all those providing legal expertise in this case; judges, attorneys etc. Are guided by the law. That does not however ensure that notice has been received. Subtle yet distinct differences and often a way of saying “I complied, you just didn’t get it”. Or deflecting, I’m not implying that is what happened but based on the family comment it appears that may be the case.

We are really happy you are here and certainly appreciate you expertise and opinions. The entire process has left most of SM’s family in the dark. Maybe they should be more proactive (like getting a newspaper, which I haven’t had in years) but likely, they are more consumed with the debilitating visions of their mom, sister, aunt, friend & daughter suffering or needing help. Until they have closure I would bet this is the mindset. Yes, I intentionally left one noun out! Maybe this transaction will get their attention and they will be more aware come 9/3/2020. To have the 20 y/o give consent, to me almost seems cruel. I’m sure the trauma is unbearable and they want to believe the best regarding BM.

Thank you for taking the time to provide info on UAGAPPJA! MOO

Sorry, I didn't mean that the way it came out. I meant I have trouble making out details on videos, so I couldn't tell whether the tops are trampled. If so, it's an important detail, as you pointed out.

Whereabouts in Montana? I'm from the Bozeman area.

No problem I didn't take it any way in particular, communicating by messaging is challenging.
I spent most my time entering Yellowstone from Beartooth, family had cabin Cooke city area but I went all over that NW corner, central Wyoming, SW Montana as I lived closer to Red Lodge entrance. I have been up to Bozeman and Flathead but mostly south of you. Montana is heaven.
I used to run along the edge of the rimrocks and remember crazy kids riding their mountain bikes on the edge. Much more dangerous. No trails, just bouncy natural rock of many different levels. You have to have strong arms and core to control your bike, good balance and agility, good visibility, weather, wind and a guardian angel.
On that Colorado road trail, I think one could skid on a plane of loose material if they had to quickly steer and brake if someone was trying to or almost hit them. I would have to see that whole hill and how the bike was found to really say if it had been planted. BMs verbal and nonverbal communication are troubling. Could be just his personality, could be more. There are inconsistencies though.

You need a death certificate for Probate or I'd think a reasonable amount of time to declare 1 dead. This moving so fast to include that? I'm going to wait for that one cuz I don't see that happening.

Plus I don't believe you can profit off the death you did. I think killers who wrote books there was issue w/families. Not sure just think

You're correct. It's called the Son of Sam Law. That's why Ron Goldman's family sued OJ Simpson when he wrote the book, "If I Did It" and won. They published the book with the title "I Did It".

I'll defer to your apparently greater ability to identify vegetation in a video--I can't make out that much detail.

I'm not sure why they'd need to return to the site, though, if they processed it when the bike was found.
I have researched clandestine graves in the past, there is a progression of regrowth, in some cases actually a good indicator of how long the grave has been there. Not sure this applies or is at all helpful, but your posts sure got me thinking.

JMO
Yeah, unless a person in a vehicle purposely knocked her off the road and then took her with them. Or she had wrecked on her own and was walking home injured and got picked up by a person with nefarious things on his mind.

Which is why I was looking at that alleged scene of where the bicycle was allegedly found. To see if we can eliminate any possibilities.

Assuming that is the exact spot where bicycle was located with the ribbon on tree, it just looked more to me that it could have been swung and thrown from the road surface by an individual. A wreck from the road I would have guessed the bike would have gotten tangled in the brush more closer to the top nearer the road. But there is no way to really tell for sure as we discussed based on speed, growth being shorter, and other things.

So much of this case we have to choose whether we want to believe certain things and it makes it very frustrating.

With a person on the bicycle, I believe it would have made it that far down the hill.

This is just my opinion and I mean no disrespect, but I can't see someone staying on the bike all that way down the hillside. SM would have likely flipped head over heels at some point had she been riding when it went off the road. There would have been some sign of that, IMO. Broken branches, torn clothing, blood, something that would have proven she was riding that bike. MOO

I have researched clandestine graves in the past, there is a progression of regrowth, in some cases actually a good indicator of how long the grave has been there. Not sure this applies or is at all helpful, but your posts sure got me thinking.
That's one of the reason's why I like coming here, everyone's contributions really expand my thinking. (I think everyone should be rescued or found, primary reason)
So plants can be like the microflora and microfauna? I never heard of such a thing, what a science, Clandestine Grave Forensics? So much to learn. Advanced Tracking?

On point @MassGuy. I may change my username to massgirl, as I am and all!! Insta cred here. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46