Deceased/Not Found SC - Leonna Wright, 1, Pendleton, 6 June 2015 *Arrests in 2020*

Give that woman an Oscar. :mad:

Sorry, but it's hard to ignore that she lied at the outset, telling LE she and Travis Jones were asleep when Leonna went missing. She woke up and found the door open.

During the 911 call she wouldn't talk to the dispatcher, instead using her neighbor to speak for her. In the background she and boyfriend are screaming at the 3-year-old, blaming her. Who the hell does that?

Then it came out that she was at her sister's bachelorette party. During one of her high-pitched "pleas" for whoever had Leonna to bring her back ("Don't matter the condition, it gives me closure") a reporter asked her about her statement of waking up and finding an open door; she said "I don't want to talk about that."

Everything points to the boyfriend - BTW, the sheriff now calls him a POI. He was with Leonna when she disappeared. JMO but I think it's possible that Leonna "disappeared" earlier and mom knows exactly what happened. Furthermore, if Jones was solely responsible I believe she would have flipped on him to LE by now - unless something would incriminate her also.

So pardon me for not wanting to give mom a hug. All MOO.

Missing child's mother makes emotional plea (Full interview)

Thanks so much for posting this cybervampira!

It's starting... here's one link to the presser:

Live video: Sheriff, mother speak about investigation of missing baby Leonna Wright
According to an article from yesterday:
Traci Fant, founder of Freedom Fighters Upstate, SC, said Sheriff Chad McBride and Investigator Andy Tribble will join the family for the update at 2 p.m. at the sheriff’s office on Camson Road.

Fant said the family and activists will make a “plea to the community for answers, and give an update on new findings and policies now put into place since Leonna Wright disappeared in the early morning hours of June 6, 2015.”
Investigators, family to hold special news conference on Baby Leonna disappearance

So it doesn't sound like Leonna has been found and if her mother is "making a plea" then I suppose there hasn't been an arrest.

Still, I'm very interested in hearing what Kiara Sullivan has to say.

Local activist seems to be blaming the boyfriend. Mom once again wails and pleads for Leonna's return. SMH. See post #501 for her "tearful plea" on June 8, 2015. I find it hard to believe her.

LEO is essentially saying nothing other than he's doing the presser because the last one generated some new tips. He asks that anyone who saw anything to please come forward.

McBride went even further, saying that Travis Jones is a person of interest, which he said is synonymous with suspect. He said they are keeping "close tabs on him," and that Jones was recently in their custody after being arrested on other charges.

McBride said that there are a few other people he'd put in the category of persons of interest. He said investigators will work with anyone who is willing to come forward.
Sheriff says there are persons of interest in Leonna Wright case, but tips needed for proof
My bolding. This is JMOO but I suspect mom is trying to play LE and (again only MOO) LE may be aware of it. I hope the case breaks soon.
And more:
When this case was first unfolding, deputies said they lost time in finding the baby because Jones and Sullivan told them they woke up to find their apartment open and Leonna gone. Jones and Sullivan said Leonna's then-3-year-old sister apparently unlocked and opened the apartment door and Leonna crawled away.

Investigators determined the story was false after they confirmed A'riel could not open the locked apartment door by herself.

Fant said Friday that Leonna's family believes there was a cookout at the apartment complex the day the baby disappeared, and that several people were in or around the apartment where Leonna lived.

"We know there is someone who knows more," Fant said. "We just want to ask them: 'What if this was your baby?'"
Where is baby Leonna Wright? 'I think we are getting closer to an answer,' sheriff says
So the activist and Leonna's family suspect someone - possibly someone having a cookout at the apartment complex abducted her. But wait - it was immediately established that:
Jones and Sullivan said Leonna's then-3-year-old sister apparently unlocked and opened the apartment door and Leonna crawled away, according to investigators.

Investigators determined the story was false after they confirmed the 3-year-old could not open the locked apartment door by herself.

Sheriff says former boyfriend of missing baby Leonna Wright's mother is a suspect
Something's not right with their claims. So which is it - the boyfriend did something or strangers abducted Leonna? Not only the boyfriend lied but Leonna's mom did too - why would she do so when her child was missing?

Last edited:
"There's certainly a lot of things we know about this case, but we all know it's not always what you know, it's what you can prove," said Sheriff Chad McBride.

McBride told 7News they are still working to find that last piece of proof and are pursuing fresh information that hopefully will bring them positive results.

More at link

Family gathers to remember Leonna Wright on 4 year anniversary of disappearance

On June 11, Leaona's sister and her six-year-old brother were taken into custody by the South Carolina Department of Social Services. Three weeks after Leaona's disappearance, Sullivan and Jones were arrested and charged with neglecting Leaona's three-year-old sister. Authorities stated a drug test proved the toddler had been exposed to cocaine, marijuana and methamphetamine, and both Sullivan and Jones tested positive for those drugs. Photos of them are posted below this case summary. Jones subsequently admitted he'd used drugs while caring for Leaona's sister, and pleaded guilty, but he hasn't been cooperative in the investigation into Leaona's disappearance
Where are these children now?

More footage of Wednesday's rage fest:

As Kiara Sullivan bonded out of jail for an assault and battery charge Wednesday night, those picking her up threatened reporters. One woman even assaulted a news photographer.

One woman said: “I’m gonna smack one of y’all in the mother-[expletive] face.”
Just last week, a petition was made public in the community in hopes of renewing efforts in the investigation. In less than 24 hours, more than 3,000 people signed a petition asking for the FBI to get involved in the case.

Threats caught on video as SC mom of missing baby leaves jail

Careful what you wish for - collected evidence is being analyzed at the FBI lab.

Sorry for the snark. I understand that emotions are running high both in Leaona's family and in the community. But to me charges of impeding the investigation speaks much louder and clearer. Whether mom and boyfriend are protecting themselves or each other makes no difference; either way it means that Leaona is way at the bottom of priorities.

It's gonna be a lot rougher on them if they don't come clean now. LE will solve this case, no doubt.
What a lovely lot here.

Video only. A group of activists called Freedom Fighters of Upstate SC call for action in the case. The reporter says Travis Jones remains a suspect and LE are also interested in his brother Rodrick who is also in the Anderson County Detention Center on a meth charge. LE says several people are involved.
Activist group calls for charges in the disappearance of Leonna Wright

Another article:
Activist Traci Fant, with the group Freedom Fighters Upstate SC, has been with Leonna's family since she went missing.
"I just want the community to understand that it's not the time for pointing fingers -- it's time for us to say, 'These people are responsible, and they need to be held accountable,'" she said.
Sullivan is now married to Leonna's father, Richard Wright.
Missing baby's cold case sparks calls for justice

No word on where the sister is that I could find.

NAMUS spells her name incorrectly as Leaona Cheyanne Wright:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original
Original

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member