Smile & say, "CHEESE".

I would have wanted to see a picture too. What he did was not funny IMO.

I love it! I would like to meet that guy!! ROFLMAO What a great joke! (George Clooney would have loved this one, too!)

His assistant was just a spoilsport! He didn't harm her in any way and it was a practical joke...albeit a very dramatic and carefully executed practical joke! Still...she was just being an @zz by taking him to court over it. I would have laughed really hard then planned my "revenge" of a more dramatic and carefully executed practical joke...as I hold the title of Queen around here for those. hehehe

C'mon, People! WHERE is your sense of humor?!?!?!

I think we'd have to see the pictures to make an intelligent decision about whether the joke was harmless or went too far. Putting fake tusks in her mouth is one thing, having her eyes pried open for the picture is another.

I don't understand how an insurance company could be justified paying the dentist 3 times what he paid the assistant in the lawsuit against him. No wonder dental/medical care is so high.

Gee you wonder why this humiliated women never went back.

I am glad she got 250K and the Dentist should have gotten zero.

I am on the fence with this one. As a nurse I know that when a person is sedated they are in a very vulnerable position and just knowing that can be quite stressful. I think that maybe this women over reacted a bit by filing a lawsuit just leave and don't go back. The fact that the insurance company had to reimburse this dentist the 250,000.00 + is crazy. I guess I don't really understand malpractice insurance that well.

I have a great sense of humor and like practical jokes. But you've got to "know your audience." This dentist certainly did not.

I think for a medical professional to pull a stunt like this when someone is under sedation is extremely invasive. This dentist is obviously an oaf. Had I been on a jury hearing this case, I would have definitely wanted to find a judgment against him to help teach him a lesson.

Of course, I loathe dentists on principle, so my perspective could be skewed.

I love it! I would like to meet that guy!! ROFLMAO What a great joke! (George Clooney would have loved this one, too!)

His assistant was just a spoilsport! He didn't harm her in any way and it was a practical joke...albeit a very dramatic and carefully executed practical joke! Still...she was just being an @zz by taking him to court over it. I would have laughed really hard then planned my "revenge" of a more dramatic and carefully executed practical joke...as I hold the title of Queen around here for those. hehehe

C'mon, People! WHERE is your sense of humor?!?!?!

I think where he made his mistake, was he didnt tell HER--- it became an office joke, but she was only the brunt of it---

I think we'd have to see the pictures to make an intelligent decision about whether the joke was harmless or went too far. Putting fake tusks in her mouth is one thing, having her eyes pried open for the picture is another.

I don't understand how an insurance company could be justified paying the dentist 3 times what he paid the assistant in the lawsuit against him. No wonder dental/medical care is so high.
that p*ssed me offff big time-------:behindbar :behindbar

Dentists usually work on their employees for free. Given my lack of insurance, I'd probably think it was funny if it happened to me unless the employer was really horrible to begin with. The assistant must have trusted the man very well to be sedated. This could affect the man's career and the woman's ability to find other dental work if she's interested.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back