Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking they're starting to trench down to the bottom of the abandoned well (if that surmise is correct). Which is why I was curious what the typical well depth would be in that part of the world. If deep, the report that they will be there for days is plausible. It could be as complex as a deep archeological dig, with the need to go down in steps and shore up the walls of the trench. Need somebody who's dug deep holes in that area to chime in, all surmise on my part.

About 80 to 150 feet total depth based on surrounding wells. I do not see a well record in the database at the property, but that doesn't mean a water well is not there, for any number of reasons.

Depth to water is 50 to 90 feet below ground level but I do not know how old these measurements are. A hand-dug well would be shallower, depending on historic pumping, from the days when there was not as much competition for the groundwater, assuming it has increased over time.

Eastern Snake Plain Aquifer - likely a relict alluvial system (shallow deposition from a river system). These shallow alluvial aquifers typically have many historic wells completed in them that pre-date record keeping.

I will stop now. Hope that helps.

Find a Well Map

ArcGIS Web Application

upload_2020-6-9_17-14-35.png

I'm not seeing a well on the property... yet.
I do not think it is the big ring, because it is not visible as a ring on the September 2015 GE image. It would be closer to the house. I will keep checking photos, as they are presented in MSM.

Last edited:
That was my exact first thought when I saw where they where ..... I said omg that mobile home he wanted to put back there omg and that was exact moment my heart sunk

I don't remember this, what stopped him?

Thanks everyone. So I guess they can remain at the house but geeeze they probably dont want to stay there anymore if they didnt know human remains were in their backyard.

Especially if LE has to keep working in their backyard tomorrow and more days. This will impact them for the rest of their lives if they did not know about this.
I believe one of his adult kids lives close so I would imagine they would not stay at the home knowing bodies had been discovered and maybe move to be with siblings. MOO

I have to wonder how Chad and Lori could have had plans to keep living there, knowing bodies were in the backyard. Callous and cruel. These are religious temple going Christians. What happened? What hypocrites.

JMO
I agree with that and from what I have gathered I think you nailed it.

Can you imagine how cocky he may have been the first search when LE was primarily searching only his house. But today once LE went to the spot in the yard where CD knew there were remains, he must have flipped his wig and panicked.

You are correct that one of the witnesses to the events said he was driving away at a high rate of speed. Stupid CD thinking he can outrun a LE vehicle in his grey vehicle.

Thats probably another thing he doesnt know. That LE usually have special high performance engines in all their LE vehicles. The LE vehicles dont always look fast but most of them are special order vehicles with high performance engines they need to outrun people just like CD.
I edited my post. I was mistaken in my thought. In Nate Eaton's second flyover that vehicle is still there and Nate informs us that Chad was taken in to custody at this point, so it wasn't his. Of course he still could have been hiding out somewhere and when he learned about the search could have tried to flee, but that is still speculation at this point. MOO.

I keep thinking what a lousy place to put a mobile home (unless you have a specific reason to place it there). Seriously, who wants to live behind the barn, next to the cow pasture with no road access except dirty muddy rutted field? That might be a clue. Does the county have to have permits and sign off on where the units are placed on the property? Nearby water hookups and sewer/septic stuff should be approved by inspection one would think.

If CD is arrested this evening and held overnight do his kids have someone that will be able to take them and care for them?

That is something that always upsets me how criminals never care about all the others they impact in their crimes.
All his kids are adults

I keep thinking what a lousy place to put a mobile home (unless you have a specific reason to place it there). Seriously, who wants to live behind the barn, next to the cow pasture with no road access except dirty muddy rutted field? That might be a clue. Does the county have to have permits and sign off on where the units are placed on the property? Nearby water hookups and sewer/septic stuff should be approved by inspection one would think.

I believe it was said that the previous property owner actually had a manufactured home in that location in the past.

I edited my post. I was mistaken in my thought. In Nate Eaton's second flyover that vehicle is still there and Nate informs us that Chad was taken in to custody at this point, so it wasn't his. Of course he still could have been hiding out somewhere and when he learned about the search could have tried to flee, but that is still speculation at this point. MOO.

He must have been very close to the home. He maybe was just driving home and saw LE vehicles and took off or maybe was hiding close by somewhere else.

"Multiple witnesses tell EastIdahoNews.com they saw several officers pull Daybell over near his home around 11:30 a.m."

Human remains found on Daybell property, Chad Daybell in police custody | East Idaho News

Justin Lum Fox 10
@jlumfox10

·
2m

Chad Daybell’s attorney Mark Means not commenting on his client taken into custody or the search at his home. Idaho AG’s office also can’t comment on pending investigation. AG looking into Daybell & Lori Vallow regarding his first wife’s death. #fox10phoenix

Chad Daybell's attorney Mark Means not able to come up with something to say just yet.

Is there any POSSIBLE way Lori actually believed Chad had hidden the kids away, and that they were still alive? Could he have convinced her he'd sent the kids into hiding to save them from either earthly danger or spiritual darkness - when all along he just wanted to dispose of them, just as he did with TD? Could all this have been his doing from the start?

Is there any POSSIBLE way Lori actually believed Chad had hidden the kids away, and that they were still alive? Could he have convinced her he'd sent the kids into hiding to save them from either earthly danger or spiritual darkness - when all along he just wanted to dispose of them, just as he did with TD? Could all this have been his doing from the start?
That will be her defense, I don't believe it is true. She would be better with an insanity defense, moo

About 80 to 150 feet total depth based on surrounding wells. I do not see a well record in the database at the property, but that doesn't mean a water well is not there, for any number of reasons.

Depth to water is 50 to 90 feet below ground level but I do not know how old these measurements are. A hand-dug well would be shallower, depending on historic pumping, from the days when there was not as much competition for the groundwater, assuming it has increased over time.

Eastern Snake Plain Aquifer - likely a relict alluvial system (shallow deposition from a river system). These shallow alluvial aquifers typically have many historic wells completed in them that pre-date record keeping.

I will stop now. Hope that helps.

Find a Well Map

ArcGIS Web Application

View attachment 250560
WOw, great info Watergirl62, thanks! The property records for the home at 202 N 1900 E indicate a 1960 "built in" date. Assuming the original well was put in then, I would expect that would probably pre-date the available record-keeping for well permits/tracking.

Tortoise, you are so good! Yes, had Chad put the mobile home on top of the burial area no one would ever have found the bodies. In fact, just filing for a permit on the property could lead one to surmise what was going on. Someone a lot smarter than me though would have put that together back then.

Can you imagine if CD unintentionally tipped off LE by filing for a permit for the mobile home? He had started the project. Poured concrete. Was told to get a permit. And it blew up from there. His fault. Totally. Lori will never talk to him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jazz1391