MN - George Floyd, 46, unarmed, killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020 *arrests* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read “truly a feat” to refer to getting back on the air so quickly after losing everything, not that the arson was a “feat,” although it was certainly destructive. That being said, I really want to know why that particular building was targeted. I keep coming back to both Chauvin and Floyd working there. Not to go all “conspiracy theory,” but did evidence “need” to be destroyed. Or was it “just” part of the general looting and destruction going on. The article indicates that radio station employees heard a bomb-like sound on the first floor and saw smoke coming from the restaurant.

The building housing El Nuevo Rodeo restaurant and club (along with the only Spanish-speaking radio station in the entire metro area) burnt down around 2:30 Thursday morning during the riots.

Why would the community attack the club (and radio station, a "lifeline of the community") so viciously? That is more than arson. I note her words: "truly a feat".

La Raza Radio relaunches days after burning down

“We lost our music, we lost our programming, we lost our simian [broadcasting software],” Santamaria said. “So to pull this off is truly a feat.”
BBM

I'm super curious about that too, I figure there was some kind of altercation in the car, and hope there is body cam footage, or a camera in the car that caught it all so we can get a better understanding of the dynamics.
I think they were beating on him or agitating him in some way and Floyd was trying to get away, towards the back passenger side.

Did we ever hear anything about whether or not they had their body cams turned on?

I don’t “know” that Chauvin thought he could get away with killing Mr. Floyd, but he knew he was being filmed in front of witnesses and proceeded to kill him for over 9 minutes, a couple of those minutes after Mr Floyd was unresponsive. He didn’t seem bothered by being filmed in front of witnesses. So I’m theorizing that Chauvin didn’t expect there to be repercussions or that killing Mr Floyd was worth whatever consequences for Chauvin there might be.

Which brings me back to either Chauvin is a sadistic psychopath on a power trip or he had reason to silence Mr Floyd to avoid worse consequences. Either way, what needs to be investigated is why Chauvin was so bold. Perhaps getting away with 18 earlier complaints made him feel invincible. But I think the nightclub connection may hold a key to widespread corruption and should be looked at carefully. It happens.
JMO

I wonder if he did not see who was filming him. Or that he was filmed. If you remember, at first the arrest was filmed by someone in a car (that drove away when Chauvin’s car arrived), and then, there was a person who later posted in the media about filming. I don’t want to repeat who it was and all discussions - but maybe, the person was of small height and not well-seen to Chauvin?

I think they were beating on him or agitating him in some way and Floyd was trying to get away, towards the back passenger side.

Did we ever hear anything about whether or not they had their body cams turned on?

If they were beating or agitating him, maybe, his decision to get out of the car was the only right one. At least he was seen by the public. JMO

I wonder if he did not see who was filming him. Or that he was filmed. If you remember, at first the arrest was filmed by someone in a car (that drove away when Chauvin’s car arrived), and then, there was a person who later posted in the media about filming. I don’t want to repeat who it was and all discussions - but maybe, the person was of small height and not well-seen to Chauvin?

It’s certainly is a possibility @Charlot123 that he didn’t know he was being filmed, although Chauvin appeared to be looking right at the camera-phone, but it’s hard to tell. As I recall the person recording is 17 years old, so could be easily overlooked, and perhaps was cleverly holding the phone in a subtle way. He wasn’t even afraid of the witnesses standing there! I just can’t fathom it.

We

I don’t see how you can know what Chauvin thought he could get away. Jails are full of folks who thought they could get away with it... At the very least he was intent on causing grievous bodily injury that very well could have and did result in Mr Floyd’s death. Do you know why Chauvin had his left hand in his pocket? I do.

He did not have his hand in his pocket. We determined early on he was wearing a black glove which led to the appearance of his hand in his pocket. Thread one, zoom in, and the glove is very clear.

Sociopathic behavior
Fuentes said when he watched the video, Chauvin's behavior told him he is a classic sociopath, exhibiting extreme narcissism

“You have someone who has no regard for anybody else. He has no regard for the subject he's trying to arrest – no regard for the public at large, no regard to the reputation of his fellow officers that are with him at scene, as well as the 800,000 police officers across the country. He doesn't care about anybody except himself,” Fuentes said.

Former FBI assistant director: Derek Chauvin showed ‘sociopathic behavior’ during George Floyd’s death

So true, and it's nice to read a professional recognize it. In his mug shots it looks like he is doing his best not to roll his eyes and it's clear in his eyes, his booking, incarceration, is all just a big waste of time. Kind of like everyone involved is just so wrong, and oh so beneath him.

So true, and it's nice to read a professional recognize it. In his mug shots it looks like he is doing his best not to roll his eyes and it's clear in his eyes, his booking, incarceration, is all just a big waste of time. Kind of like everyone involved is just so wrong, and oh so beneath him.

Also as an officer he would know what it means when someone's bladder lets go .. he knew he was killing him, and they way he looked at the person filming it was quite disturbing, almost as if he went that far because he was being challenged by the bystanders.

He did not have his hand in his pocket. We determined early on he was wearing a black glove which led to the appearance of his hand in his pocket. Thread one, zoom in, and the glove is very clear.
It looks like he's just causally resting his hand on his waist, looking at the bystanders with a satisfied or defiant expression. He never showed any concern for GF or monitored his breathing like they are supposedly trained to do. Imo

THIS!!! I’m still learning the finer details. I mean, George died, we need to find our why

BBM

George Floyd and Derek Chauvin once worked overlapping security shifts at the same nightclub

Derek Chauvin and Floyd worked security at the El Nuevo Rodeo club, down the street from Minneapolis' Third Precinct, according to Maya Santamaria, the club's former owner who sold the venue within the last few months.

Floyd, who Santamaria called a "great guy" known for his big smile, often worked as an extra security guard on Tuesdays when the club held popular "urban" music nights.

“I wouldn't characterize them as knowing each other," Santamaria said. "We did all work together at the club at different points of time, certainly on Tuesday nights on and off. We were all working on the same team."

There very well could be more to this. Wouldn't it be crazy if we found out Chauvin was on meth too? IMO

Reports that the 2 worked together at a nightclub came out already, but tonight, a mutual co-worker breaks his silence to @jeffpeguescbs
: “They bumped heads...it has to do a lot with Derek being extremely aggressive within the club with some of the patrons, which was an issue.”
The coworker adds Floyd & Chavin knew each other ‘pretty well.’⁣ ⁣
@jeffpeguescbs
reports that the Floyd’s family believes what happened on Memorial Day was in part, personal. ⁣
https://twitter.com/NorahODonnell/status/1270487195065999360?s=20

Reports that the 2 worked together at a nightclub came out already, but tonight, a mutual co-worker breaks his silence to @jeffpeguescbs
: “They bumped heads...it has to do a lot with Derek being extremely aggressive within the club with some of the patrons, which was an issue.”
The coworker adds Floyd & Chavin knew each other ‘pretty well.’⁣ ⁣
@jeffpeguescbs
reports that the Floyd’s family believes what happened on Memorial Day was in part, personal. ⁣
https://twitter.com/NorahODonnell/status/1270487195065999360?s=20

The plot thickens.

There very well could be more to this. Wouldn't it be crazy if we found out Chauvin was on meth too? IMO

Could be. Do we know where Mr Floyd got the meth that was found in his system?

Chauvin was not much of a security guard.
IMO

In 2008, the city began investigating El Nuevo Rodeo for a pattern of offenses. Its findings -- including liquor violations and security issues -- eventually pointed to a proposed liquor license revocation...
Off-duty cops testified that El Nuevo Rodeo generates fewer police reports than downtown clubs do. The judge sided with S. saying the city didn't provide sufficient evidence for revocation. A City Council subcommittee agreed with the judge's findings, moving its recommendations along for full council approval Friday.
The Crawl: The last rodeo at El Nuevo Rodeo?

On November 14, there were multiple police calls associated with the nightclub.
Minneapolis Police Sgt. John Rouner fired off an email to his boss describing what had happened: "Incidents ranged from shots fired (almost an officer-involved shooting), to several felony assaults (on patrons and staff), to numerous misdemeanors (obstructing, disorderly conduct, assault, theft, and traffic)."
El Nuevo Rodeo facing possible last hurrah on Lake Street | City Pages

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if there was more to it than him just being afraid and intimidated. Jmo

I agree. I don’t really trust the owner’s characterization since she claimed not to know if Chauvin and Mr Floyd knew each other in her early interviews.

Quoting:

A white Minneapolis police officer and the black man he's charged with killing both worked as security guards at the same Latin nightclub as recently as last year, but its former owner says she's not sure if they knew each other.

What she is certain of is how aggressive Officer Derek Chauvin became when the club hosted events that drew a mainly black clientele, responding to fights by taking out his mace and spraying the crowd, a tactic she told him was unjustified "overkill."

BBM
George Floyd, fired officer Derek Chauvin worked at same Minneapolis nightclub

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics