Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.

Thanks for that info.
So BM has withdrawn it ?
Assuming the monies existed in the first place, to be given in return for Suzanne's safe rescue.
This is getting interesting as to what's going on behind the scenes.
Imo.
I understood that LE was handing out and/or provided the flyers which in this case means no change. They've never promoted or even mentioned BM's reward except to not confirm it.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but a few questions about this theory:
  1. this stalker waited down the road and snatched her off her bike? how did he know what time she would be going for a ride? how did he know she'd be alone?
  2. how long was he waiting there? did he have a car? if so, wouldn't passersby have seen this car?
  3. how exactly do you abduct someone who is riding a bicycle? please describe how you think this might have occurred & how this matches up with what we know about the placement of the bike.

To play devil’s advocate it has happened before in a few cases where an abductor rams his car into a woman who is riding a bike and once she’s incapacitated, he takes her away to do god knows what with her.

Anyone have theories and speculation as to what such a 'tip' would entail ?
What would be enough 'proof' , if you will, to dig up a foundation ?

I don't think we want to know the answer, but...
Imo.
I quoted the and posted the article, the homeowner’s of the property called and let them know that BM had been there laying dirt. It was remarkable to them when they found out SM was missing.

LE is handing out the flyers in the community per Lauren Sharf.

Note NO REWARD listed...
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1270879958831792128?s=21
No reward listed...
Now isn't that telling....
I understood that LE was handing out and/or provided the flyers which in this case means no change. They've never promoted or even mentioned BM's reward except not to confirm it.
LE and BM are definitely not working in conjunction with each other.

I quoted the and posted the article, the homeowner’s of the property called and let them know that BM had been there laying dirt. It was remarkable to them when they found out SM was missing.
Yes, I remember that you posted that now, thanks !

I meant is there anything else that would stand out to LE as far as evidence or clues ?

Exactly.

I don't think people always appreciate the practicalities involved in these investigations.
I mean, human life is priceless.
I believe that.

But practically speaking, these LEAs have budgets.
They have a responsibility to be good stewards of the taxpayers' dollars, as well.
They do not have unlimited resources at their disposal for every case.

Case in point: I'm hearkening back to the landfill search for Kelsey.
That went on for weeks…LE spent countless man hours searching for her there.
Under extremely adverse conditions, and at great, great expense.

There came a point at which someone had to say: "Enough. We're calling it."
Money is not an inexhaustible resource.
Neither is manpower.
At some point, if you don't uncover any evidence that you're looking in the right spot, you have to concede that you gave it everything you could, and came up empty.

I hate that they had to stop searching that landfill, because I'm convinced Kelsey is still there.
I hate that they stopped, but I understand why they stopped.

I'm much more dubious that LE was searching in the right location for SM.
Much smaller area, for one thing.
If they found nothing, I think it's because there was nothing there to be found.

JMO.
In addition, they knew her body had been set on fire. And they looked and looked and found a tooth. If that isn’t dedication I don’t know what is.

But would just the fact that BM had worked there be enough for them to put in the resources to dig up and sift through that dirt? I don’t think so. There had to be more than just that he worked there. Moo
I think the warrant would reveal those reasons - IMO something led them to digging up that property.

No reward listed...
Now isn't that telling....

LE and BM are definitely not working in conjunction with each other.
I don't recall anything like this before so very early in an investigation.

I saw the fractured relationship between Isabel Celis parents and LE but this was long after LE misled the public about her parents- and continued to do so.

It was bizarre that BM did not attend the first presser with LE.

And I don't ever recall a family member going to media with an agreement to conduct an audio-only interview to announce the reward where the "husband's nephew" intentionally excluded the identity of "the husband," Uncle BM, for two days (i.e., BM's reward was day one -- May 13, I think, and the reward match was day 2 where the "husband" was not publically identified by media).

At the same time, the nephew (TN) also refused to confirm SM's residence in Mayview or if she had children. It was all-- and still is very strange to me.

I believe all the above cited in Crimeonline MSM.

Last edited:
But would just the fact that BM had worked there be enough for them to put in the resources to dig up and sift through that dirt? I don’t think so. There had to be more than just that he worked there. Moo

I agree. They have to have probable cause that a crime was committed. That probable cause will be laid out in the search warrant.

That search is what really causes me to look in one direction with this case. The CBI and FBI are involved in the case. The CBI is pretty amazing from what I’ve seen. The FBI are no slouches either.

They have something. And it’s not vague.

I think LE now has a good idea of where the individual phones were at and ready to get input from the community of when and where they happened to see any of the Morphew family.

I don't think it will be of any surprise to learn that SM really went missing prior to the weekend.

I will also not be surprised to learn that SM's phone may have been sending texts to her daughters while it was being paired inches apart from BM's phone (a la PF methodology).

Fair enough, but a few questions about this theory:
  1. this stalker waited down the road and snatched her off her bike? how did he know what time she would be going for a ride? how did he know she'd be alone?
  2. how long was he waiting there? did he have a car? if so, wouldn't passersby have seen this car?
  3. how exactly do you abduct someone who is riding a bicycle? please describe how you think this might have occurred & how this matches up with what we know about the placement of the bike.

Okay, I’ll bite on your challenge. This is all my opinion only:
1. this stalker waited down the road and snatched her off her bike?
No, this stalker probably waited down the road for her to come riding by going away from her house on her bike, and hatched his plan to intercept her on her return.
how did he know what time she would be going for a ride?
The fire chief said it was common knowledge that she rode her bike every Sunday morning before church
how did he know she'd be alone?
It is apparent to me that she preferred to ride alone. That in itself is unusual, as mountain bikers seem to prefer riding in groups
2. how long was he waiting there?
He had to have waited more than two hours, the time it would take her to return from a “short ride”
did he have a car?
A car, or a van, I think. We’ve heard both and can’t confirm either.
if so, wouldn't passersby have seen this car?
A passerby DID see a strange vehicle, that didn’t seem to belong on CR 225. He reported it to LE, but there has been a lot of discussion in this thread over whether he reported it before or after the disappearance. Does the time he reported what he saw truly make any difference at all?
A bridge would be an ideal place to stop a bicycle. For a full width bridge, as simple length of rope would block a bicycle. For a bicycle bridge, just standing on the bridge would block it. As we saw in the last Fooses Creek Video that I posted, a fallen tree works, too.
We don’t know anything about the placement of the bike. We heard from the nephew that the brakes were locked up, and we heard from BLM that at least five LE officers handled it without gloves, which means that it probably was not on near a road where one officer with gloves could pick it up and place it in an LE vehicle. My guess is LE carried at a ways to their vehicle, handing it off as they went. One television report cited a distance from the house of 2,000 feet to the bike. That would encompass all of the area I’ve mentioned so far.
Adder question: How did this person choose SM?
The man probably had met her, but it’s likely that he didn’t know her or anyone in her family very well.
He could be a clerk at the grocery store, the janitor where she gets her hair done, or the guy that’s always sitting on a bench where she parks her car and plugs the meter. He could be almost anyone, and he might be hiding almost anywhere.
The house itself is not visible from Highway 50, and we have heard no reports of prowler activity. My guess is that the man knew her from some ordinary activity that she routinely did in town, learned enough about her to stalk, and ended up parked on CR 225 on Sunday morning, looking for a chance to make his move.
It’s all just my opinion, which was formed entirely by common information in this case and involved no reading between any lines. I think it’s a very viable possibility that needs to be looked at. Could it be wrong? Sure, but so can any other theory that is based on so little actual information. IMO

Last edited:
No Reward Mentioned in LE Flyer?
Trying to think about whether this ^ is unusual. LE flyers, FB pages etc often includes $ reward for MisPers info from CrimeStoppers/similar groups which coordinate w LE --- group holds funds, forwards info to LE, & if LE detemines tip was useful in making arrest, then group transfers $ to tipster, who remains anonymous. LE knows the $$$ is 'there,' actually available. FBI offers FBI $.*

Trying to recall whether, other cases in which MP's relative/family announced reward for info leading to safe return, to arrest, or conviction. Have LE flyers, announcements etc included that info? Or just the family/friends/ private party's flyers & SM? Or
LE has also incorporated that in its SM & public announcements?
Examples of fam/private rewards?? Natalee Hollaway in Aruba, 2005.** $1,000,000 - mother for safe return; and

$100,000 - info leading to possible remains.*** Was that included in LE flyers, SM? Other examples?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* FBI ex's from FBI'sTop Ten list: "The FBI is offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of [name]." and "The FBI is offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading directly to the arrest of [name]" Ten Most Wanted Fugitives — FBI ^
** Disappearance of Natalee Holloway - Wikipedia
*** CNN.com - Aruba case reward rises to $1 million - Jul 26, 2005

Last edited:
I agree. They have to have probable cause that a crime was committed. That probable cause will be laid out in the search warrant.

That search is what really causes me to look in one direction with this case. The CBI and FBI are involved in the case. The CBI is pretty amazing from what I’ve seen. The FBI are no slouches either.

They have something. And it’s not vague.

Could a sworn statement from a neighbor of the construction site that he / she saw BLM working there on Sunday be that something that's not vague?

Attorneys. Should LE Flyer Mention BM's Offer of Reward?
If LE asked you about whether fam reward info should be included in LE flyer, SM, etc, what would you advise? What would influence your adv? If Sheriff disclosed to you, LE investigation results are likely to lead to arrest (of __), would that influence your advice? All hypothetical. TiA.

Nearly two dozen cops re-canvass the neighborhood where mom-of-two went missing a month ago | Daily Mail Online

June 10, 2020

'On June 10, investigators plan to conduct a community canvas in the county to contact residents and others to not only share information about Ms. Morphew's disappearance, but also focus on obtaining any new information in her case,' he added.

'Nearly two dozen members of law enforcement will take part in this comprehensive effort on Wednesday.'

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, which along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation is aiding the search, has said the case remains a high priority despite the lack of new information. [,,]

'There hasn't been any real new information to relay in the case other than investigators are working,' Susan Medina with the CBI told The Denver Channel.

'Our agents are working closely with the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office, and the FBI has a team as well assigned to this. Committed — there's a high level of commitment to this case,' she said.

'You may not see a news release on a daily basis but that doesn't mean that extensive work isn't happening on a daily basis. … Countless hours every day by agents and analysts and investigators to determine where Suzanne is and what happened.'

Suzanne Morphew disappeared on Mother's Day, May 10, from her million-dollar Maysville mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kakkilynn