Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #38

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a verified insider on WS state the move was planned awhile ago

The car part was here
He sat in his car for hours before quickly leaving. Is that when the backhoe was brought in?...

Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. Matthew was standing outside when he said he saw a convoy of law enforcement coming down the road to serve a search warrant. They surrounded the home, he said, and made all of Chad's adult children leave the house. Chad also left, but Matthew said Chad sat in his car for hours.

Then suddenly, Matthew saw Chad try to leave.

"I saw his car take off down the road headed south towards Rexburg," Matthew said. "Just seconds later, the marked police cars had their lights and sirens, and floored it to go catch him."

Chad Daybell's neighbor describes 'strange' behavior after JJ and Tylee's disappearance
After Lori ended up in jail in nearby Madison County, Chad returned to his Salem home. Matt recalled that Chad kept to himself for the last couple of months, barely leaving the house.

He said when Chad did leave the house, it was late at night.
Chad Daybell's neighbor describes 'strange' behavior after JJ and Tylee's disappearance

Wonder where Chad went late at night in the midst of the CV-19 Shelter in Place order?

Who says he was told a funeral could not be afforded? Why are you coming up with so many excuses for Chad, that's my question.

I don't think it's about excuses for Chad, some people just need to be able to relate and rationalize why some people do what they do. When you realize and accept that sometimes mostly decent people just do evil things then the world is a lot scarier place!

A bondsman is "typically" going to want 10% that the client will never get back. That is their fee. They will post the full 1 million bond. So, what you've seen with LV and now CD is they're not going to put up that money if they can't get it back on top of simply not having the assets to secure the bond

So, CD would have to have assets that would even come close so they could protect their investment for a bondsman to even put up the money. Add in a small town that hates people who have children buried in their backyard, well...they're not bonding out.

Thank you.

I was reading more about it and you are right and I did not realize that even a Bail Bondsman wants the person to also put up some collateral to cover the remaining full amount because they dont want to get stuck paying the state 900K if he was to fly the coop to country unknown.

And yeah, whoever pays the 10% or 100K would lose that money no matter what. It is an unreturnable fee for them covering the rest. Thats a lot of dough nobody on the outside wants to throw away.

I remember reading that Chad and Lori met some time in 2017 or 2018. And I remember reading that Chads son told his friend That his dad went on a business trip to Hawaii and met some woman and married her. But according to MG Lori had Chad and his kids over for cookies after Tammy’s funeral (before Chad ever went to Hawaii that we know of). Is it possible that Chad went to see Lori in Hawaii during the time she left Charles and stayed with her friend April? They would have already met and known each other by then. Maybe he told his family he was going on a business trip to Hawaii and really met up with Lori there. Maybe the affair was going on much longer than any of us knew? MOO

ALL JMO:

Thinking on several posts here about the Chad & Lori dynamic, I personally have vacillated between two conclusions. Some context to my line of thinking: 1) MG said in her interview with Nate that Lori thought Tammy would die before Lori moved to Rexburg, but that didn't happen. We know from JR and MG that Chad had previously discussed a vision he'd had that Tammy would soon die in a car accident, but plans (his or God's? We know the answer... JMO) had changed. 2) *All* of those closest to Lori (with the exception of Alex's potentially natural death) died or nearly died before Tammy did (Charles, the kids, Brandon).

Based on this info, my thought is either:
  • Chad and Lori discussed offing inconvenient people, but Lori was much more gung ho/confident about it than Chad was. Lori successfully "got away" with CV's murder in July 2019, very much expecting Chad to fulfill his end of the bargain" soon after. MG says when Tammy didn't die as expected, Lori decided to move to Rexburg anyway. Perhaps she continued upping pressure on Chad while in closer proximity. Even still, the kids and Brandon were the next-in-line targets before, ultimately, Tammy.
  • On the other hand, the (MOO) murder order could have had more to do with Chad's manipulation of Lori than with any squeamishness/lack of surety on his part. Chad ensured Lori took care of all of her "problems" (the way they saw it) before he attempted to do the same on his end, and conveniently, those who lived with him besides Tammy (at least one of his kids at the time, IIRC) were never a "problem."
Or, obviously, the order was completely coincidental based on opportunity. JMO MOO

This is a really thoughtful post and your points are things I’ve been thinking about too, thank you!
And less enthusiastically, thank you for giving my poor brain more to think about. Lol... kidding! Emojis not working for me so insert smile here

Edited by me to delete all the smiley emojis at the top of my post showing all the times I tried to post one and thought it wasn’t working lol

Last edited:
Has anyone ever thought that the portal was just so they could have phone sex?
I'm relieved I'm not the only one who thought this. Actually, that's as far as my mind even got: portal=closet for sex. LV and CD are so sophomoric about their relationship, I just assumed the closet was where they "did it". Maybe just the first time, but the vocabulary lingered. I hadn't even got as far as the phone sex concept; I was all about the real thing.
IMO there were other "code" concepts that were inside jokes about sexual activities. Another I thought was a sexual double entendre is the idea that their marriage was "sealed." I realize this is a real thing for LDSers, but I think LV and CD had this as an inside joke to mean they "consummated their marriage." It's also why there's a struggle on this forum to explain how they could possible claim their "marriage was sealed" given their situation. There is no explanation: they weren't bonded on church terms, but by sex.

All missing persons cases are mysteries, but this one was unique. It was a mystery inside a mystery. There was the mystery not just of the children's whereabouts but also of their mother's silence.

If Lori had ever spoken up, that second mystery would have disappeared, and the case would have turned into a much more ordinary single-mystery missing person's case. To be clear, I am not assuming Lori would have told the truth. But even a lie would have dissolved the mystery of her silence.

For example, if she had said "My kids were eaten by a bear in Yellowstone," few of us would have believed her. But the case would have immediately transformed itself from the double enigma that engrossed so many us for months to a sordid but, sadly, not unfamiliar case of a parent who tires of their children, disposes of them in some way, and lies to cover up their crime. Again, we would still have had the mystery of what exactly had happened to the kids and where their bodies were, but we would no longer have the mystery of a mother's silence.

Now that Tylee's and JJ's bodies have been identified, part of that mystery is cleared up. But not all of it. While we can reasonably presume that Lori didn't tell anyone what happened to the kids because what happened to the kids was illegal and would have landed her in jail, we are now left with a slightly different mystery: why and how she thought she would get away with her crime. As one mystery has receded, another has come into view.

But perhaps we have the tools we need to unravel this new mystery. If you watch Melanie Gibb's long interview, Nate Eaton asks her for her thoughts on why Chad would be willing to risk creating such a bad impression by marrying Lori just days after Tammy's sudden death. Melanie's answer is interesting. She says that Chad believed we were approaching the end of times and, therefore, that earthquakes and many other forms of massive disruption would so capture the world's attention that Chad's and Lori's little lives would go unnoticed.

One of the most infuriating things about this case was the sense that the key players kept acting like they could get away with everything. Chad and Lori both appeared to believe that they could simply not account for two missing children in any way. There were times, I think, when many of us wanted to jump inside our TV screens, shake them, and scream "WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!"

Well, we may now have an answer. Chad and Lori said nothing because they were waiting for the apocalypse. They continued to think they could get away with not providing a convincing cover story for the disappearance of two children because they believed the end of the world would make their (and all) domestic dramas irrelevant.

One of the questions I have had about Chad from day one is whether or not he was a true believer. When I read his blog posts and comments he's made in interviews, I always get the impression that he is a master manipulator. He uses language in a way that simultaneously advances self-serving narratives and denies that he's doing anything other than describing the world as he sees it. He has, as I've written before, a "tell." While conveying the most fantastical things, he invariably professes bewilderment at other things that really aren't all that improbable.

So while Chad's writing would suggest he's the most cynical of manipulators, we now have some evidence that he believed his own lies. We have somehow reached a point where sincere belief in earthquakes, zombies, and a summer apocalypse is the most plausible answer to the question of why Chad believed he could get away with a series of brazen crimes that included burying his former adulterous lover's dead children in his own back yard.

What a case . . .

MOO
I’m sure by now Chud has rated all his jailers “5.0 Dark.”

Long-time lurker. I finally made my own account to join this awesome community of Super Sleuths!

Question: Why is it that those who believe in "multiple probations" were always someone noteworthy in their previous lives? I mean....come on....no one ever claims they were:
1) Peasant Girl #3
2) Chamber Pot Emptier
3) Chicken Plucker in the local butcher shop
4) Pig Farmer's Wife

Example...Chad stated in his email to Lori on 1/22/19 (source Justin Lum Fox 10 news) that in her previous "probations" Lori was, among others, wife of James the Just (aka Chad), Joseph's Smith's grandmother, and the wife of the LDS Book of Mormon prophet Moroni.

I guess his prophetic powers failed to discern that in this probation she would become Lori the Looney married to Chad the Bad.

Of course this is all meant tongue in cheek because if I don't eek out a little bit of humor in this twisted tale I will just end up sitting here crying on my keyboard.

At any rate....SLEUTH ON!

Beep Beep Purple Jeep! Welcome to WS and great first post!

Has it ever been said where Lori was living before her arrest? I know she was extradited from Hawaii. Was there a time when she lived with Chad in Tammys home after Tammys death? Surely not!

And aren’t some of Chads children living in California?

After viewing the pictures of Chad's house from the real estate site, even if they remodeled, I'm thinking this home would not be up to snuff for Lori. I don't believe she ever had any intention of living there. MOO.

Just wanted to suggest to new people like me that I’ve been going through the timelines on the first page of each thread and the amount of information here is incredible!
I’m finding it helpful to follow along with what others who have been exploring this case here longer are discussing and to learn more than I ever could imagine about the ins and outs of the case, the history of all the people involved, and the investigations. I really can’t think of any other place to get all of this info, it’s awesome! It does take a notebook and a pencil as suggested to me early on lol!

ETA: so much info that really digs deep and far back. Things like this:
2007 – CV’s 2nd ex-wife begins to have concerns about Lori’s mental health. “She just seemed off. There were a lot of strange goings-on at their home to the point that a judge ordered cameras to be put in their home to protect the children,” Cheryl says (East Idaho News).
Just a ton of information leading up to this terrible end result. I know I sound like an advertisement lol! But I’m excited to be digging into all of this information.
I'm so glad you shared your excitement! I still remember when I first found WS. I was amazed as well! And I'm still here years later! There's no other place like it on the internet!

I don't think it's about excuses for Chad, some people just need to be able to relate and rationalize why some people do what they do. When you realize and accept that sometimes mostly decent people just do evil things then the world is a lot scarier place!

I hear what you’re saying. But I’ve yet to find anything remotely mostly decent about Chad or Lori. Jmo

I remember reading that Chad and Lori met some time in 2017 or 2018. And I remember reading that Chads son told his friend That his dad went on a business trip to Hawaii and met some woman and married her. But according to MG Lori had Chad and his kids over for cookies after Tammy’s funeral (before Chad ever went to Hawaii that we know of). Is it possible that Chad went to see Lori in Hawaii during the time she left Charles and stayed with her friend April? They would have already met and known each other by then. Maybe he told his family he was going on a business trip to Hawaii and really met up with Lori there. Maybe the affair was going on much longer than any of us knew? MOO
Interesting possibility, maybe. I do lean towards Chad and Lori knowing each other for longer than anyone thinks. As far as the cookie story, they only source so far is Lori telling MG, and I never believe anything Lori says. MOO

He clearly had a lot more followers than just seven. His books were not written for people outside of LDS. And what in the world makes him a nerd prince of misfits? Up until recently, he was married to a lovely woman with five children. That to you is a nerd prince of misfits?

Question if anyone knows.

Do we know if CD can use a Bail Bondsman if he can find one willing to allow him to only pay 10% of the Million which would be $100,000 dollars to get out?

I think from reading about bail there are some types that are set by the court as a Cash Bond where he would need the full amount of cash or property value as collateral to get out.

Im not sure for him what the rules are.

"Bail bond agents make money by collecting a fee from those who want to be bailed out. Typically, that fee is 10% to 15% of the amount of bail. So, if a court sets a defendant’s bail at $10,000, that defendant (or someone acting on the defendant’s behalf) can pay a bail bond agent $1,000 and the bond agent will act as a surety on the defendant’s behalf."

How Do Bail Bonds Work - Types, Conditions & How to Recoup Money
I am not an attorney but I do believe he can post bail with a bondsman but he needs to come up with $$ to do so.
I think the judge told him the list of requirements he would have to follow if he is out on bail, including wearing an ankle bracelet.
I, for one, hope he does not make bail..
look what happened with Jennifer Dulos' husband, FD.
He was out on bail and committed suicide.

I'm so glad you shared your excitement! I still remember when I first found WS. I was amazed as well! And I'm still here years later! There's no other place like it on the internet!

Love it! It’s just this awesome little community of discussion, disagreements, and kindness! And I really am amazed at all of the info available. When I’m over Covid sometime next week I’m going to have to fake it so I can keep this obsession going lol!

It’s awesome. And I really appreciate the kindness that you, @Nurse Gen and this whole community has shown me and each other.
It’s great to see people agree to disagree and continue to collaborate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend