Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #39

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done.

thanks but that is for the second day, so the second day did throw up a geo fence for quite awhile too around 5.5 hours

but cant see anything yet regarding the original day, its possibly it was just a request from LE

its possible this ban was in response to the photos we are talking about

I'm of a different mind the bodies being skeletonized. The ground was cold in Rexburg until recently and it can take years for this to occur. I believe the bodies were primarily intact. I also believe JJ was buried by the pond and Tylee by the fire pit.
I agree wholeheartedly, the cold weather kept the bodies preserved. I also looked up decomposition and read that it can take a number of years for a body to decompose completely.I think JJ’s body was identifiable by clothing and body size. Tylee, I feel was the egregious body, due to size and harder to hide. There must have been something obviously identifiable to the naked eye to have confirmed them as Tylee and JJ before dna testing. Jmo

I think you got it all wrong and Chad was running that whole dog and pony show. Listening to interview with Melanie G., Chad had Lori convinced that he was a visionary, and had her convinced some people were zombies. He also had her convinced they had been married multiple times in other lives. Sounds similar to what we know about Chad using his supposed visions to manipulate Tammy.

I feel this is our most wonderful constant quest. Who was the dominant player, Chad or Lori? Even trying to tear apart Melanie's statement "Chad was the hand, and Lori the puppet" SEEMS to put Chad in control... but she basically concludes what I believe (right now anyway), "fatal attraction" that just happened. Both evil, and both made for each other (moo moo).

But I feel this will continue to be fun for us as the trial gets underway, and more evidence comes to light.. Who was the dominant player in this horror play???

For those of you interested in working with the source imagery I have added a download link at the end of the page that collects the photos I used as well as some video of early flights around the scene before the dig commenced:

WARNING: may contain images of human remains

visual-law.com/websleuths.html (password: visual)

from what i remember from the day it was a helicopter or one of them was a helicopter, can someone else confirm it was the helicopter from the local news who took the photo? the drone won't fly over with an FAA ban in place the software you control it with won't go past a certain imaginary line so not sure if that was in place at the time or not but the FAA flight ban was posted on twitter it was a box around chad's house and property
The primary high resolution photo was noted to be taken by a drone. I've yet to find who was operating. They will almost certainly have many images snapped during that flight and it would be wonderful if we could access them.

The primary high resolution photo was noted to be taken by a drone. I've yet to find who was operating. They will almost certainly have many images snapped during that flight and it would be wonderful if we could access them.

don't they normally list who the credit goes to for photos and video used for news? could we trace it that way back to the operator?

We know Alex was 51 years old and as far as I can tell never married before marrying ZP for a couple of weeks before his departure into the better world ( or his case maybe not a better world). That to me sounds kind of unusual for a Mormon man, no?

moo, moo. right, not the norm. I know a gay lds man in a family with 6 siblings... family is just so important, and he is totally an important part of the whole family, of course. But everything is silent, never discussed, never mentioned. His life is totally secret. The only thing I have ever heard is "well, thats just Harry" (not his real name of course). It is just such a contrast to some gay folks I know who live so honestly, HAPPY, and full of love with family members..

I don't think we really know anything about Alex's growing up or life in general. I think we had heard he gambles, I think we had heard he frequented shady places in Central America.. but it has always seemed to be heresay,, or speculation.

thanks but that is for the second day, so the second day did throw up a geo fence for quite awhile too around 5.5 hours

but cant see anything yet regarding the original day, its possibly it was just a request from LE

its possible this ban was in response to the photos we are talking about

I'll try to help you find all that. I'm about caught up on posts. Jmo

By the looks of it, the written transcript is way easier for me to analyze than the video. MP has, like, 5 story starters that she doesn't follow through with, and never put her pinky toe into the zombie question.
She also says, curiously, "I knew the threats that Lori had been getting...." She doesn't say "I knew that Lori had been getting threats." So what did the threats say, exactly? She evidently knows...

Maybe Melani helped Lori write the threats. So that’s how she knows.

I just measured the diameter of a 5 gallon bucket. It's barely over 12" at the very top. I would use 12" - 14" as a guide if anyone wants to try estimating the size of the orange object in relation to the bucket next to it. Jmo

I say 12-14" because some buckets are more heavy duty (thicker) than others.

I just measured the diameter of a 5 gallon bucket. It's barely over 12" at the very top. I would use 12" - 14" as a guide if anyone wants to try estimating the size of the orange object in relation to the bucket next to it. Jmo

I say 12-14" because some buckets are more heavy duty (thicker) than others.

its late here around 11pm so i'll have to give up soon but i'll have a crack tomorrow unless @vislaw is able to do it while im gone, being in his field they have lots of ways to digitally measure things better than i probably could

but that is a very good reference point @CSIDreamer

Has anyone else wondered how the families, who live states away, were able to "confirm" the remains found on June 9 were those of JJ and Tylee--unless they were already in Rexburg June 9?

This one has tugged at me for a few days. In my search for some answers, I engaged in a full-on search of this case stumbled upon something. And of course spent the rest of the day researching and speculating.

A little background: JJ's grandparent's (Woodcocks) petitioned the court for guardianship/conservatorship of JJ on January 29, 2020. I will refer to this case as the GC case. On the day Lori was arrested, January 30, the court granted temporary custody (Note: To either the state of Idaho or to the Woodcocks; I presume to the Woodcocks). On February 5, an attorney ad litem was appointed to represent JJ in the case.

Court records for this show the following activity:
  • June 4 - Motion filed (court notes verbatim: Motion to Dismiss RE: Petition for Appointment of Guardians and Conservators)
  • June 5 - Notice of Remote Hearing
  • June 5 - Notice of Remote Hearing
  • June 5 - Status conference was held June 5, the Woodcocks were present
And as we know, the warrant to search Chad's property was issued on June 5.

This lead me to wonder who would have filed motion to dismiss the case? Why was the motion to dismiss the case filed a day before the warrant was signed? And whether or not it is just a coincidence that the status conference in this case occurred the same day the search warrant was filed?

SPECULATION: I can't help but wonder if LE had some pretty substantial
proof that the children were deceased and buried on CD's property--perhaps a sworn-statement or an admission from someone who either participated in the demise of or witnessed the deceased bodies and/or participated in concealing them.

If so, perhaps it was either legally necessary or was deemed appropriate given the nature of this case, to notify JJ's attorney and legal guardians.

If so, this could explain why the motion to dismiss the case was filed before the warrant was signed and why there was a status conference on June 5.

If so, is it possible that on or about June 5th, the Woodcocks received notification that there is newly discovered evidence strong enough for a warrant to be issued for a search of CD's property and that they should get to Rexburg as soon as possible?

This could also explain why LE waited a few days to execute the search warrant--to allow time for the family to travel to Rexburg. Otherwise, they would have been states away watching the search unfold live on t.v. and social media.

It seems that a family member must have been in Rexburg to identify the remains the evening of June 9 otherwise how could they "confirm" they were of Tylee and JJ on June 10--before an autopsy was performed.

Or is this mystery of mine, as simple as--the family was already in Rexburg or they flew to Rexburg June 9? And if so, we are back to--by whom and why was the motion to dismiss filed and/or was it just a coincidence that a status conference in he GC case was held on the same day the search warrant was signed?
Does this make sense or have I walked myself into a corner on this one? I'd like to think I have come full circle on this one but must remain humble and inquisitive --which is why I am putting this out here.

My apologies for the loooooooong post but I don't know anyone more informed and invested in this case as my fellow-websleuthers.

I look forward to your thoughts on this.

Again, most of this post is PURE SPECULATION! >MOO/JMO<

Wow. I think that this is an excellent theory! Great job piecing that together!

That's basically a drone ban. Correct? Up to 400 feet? Jmo

it seems so, the 400 feet is interesting as well its quite low, i dont know if that is to specifically ban only UAS(drones) or what

maybe someone with flight experience could tell us

i had the same question, you'd think if remains were right next to you that is where they would be looking not at an empty hole in the ground

i thought the exact same thing, couldn't understand why they would do that

Clearly, there was much work done after the laser scanning was completed. If you study THIS IMAGE and compare it with the images below you will see that the pop-ups with the privacy panels are erected directly over the "hole" and the rest of the excavated area. It is possible that the orange object may not be the main corpse and the digging stopped when they located the burial place. They may have documented the scene and then erected the privacy pop-ups to complete the excavation and removal of the body or bodies. I'm also pretty convinced that the site by the pond is a separate burial for one of the kids. So much work there and it is obvious law enforcement was operating with very good information. You don't see any excavation anywhere else.

CrimeScene06.jpg

CrimeScene05.jpg

it seems so, the 400 feet is interesting as well its quite low, i dont know if that is to specifically ban only UAS(drones) or what

That was discussed earlier. Yes, that is specifically for drones as helicopters aren't supposed to fly below such. IIRC bottom airspace for helicopters are above the ceiling that drones are supposed to fly.

400 feet is the maximum altitude drones are allowed to operate in the U.S. Above that is controlled airspace. Thus, all drone operation MUST be at 400 feet AGL or below.

its late here around 11pm so i'll have to give up soon but i'll have a crack tomorrow unless @vislaw is able to do it while im gone, being in his field they have lots of ways to digitally measure things better than i probably could

but that is a very good reference point @CSIDreamer
Yes, today I'll plan to do a photogrammetric projection with a measurement grid that everyone can use to make their own measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daydreamin