OH - Emily Noble, 52, Westerville, 24 May 2020 *husband not guilty*

I’m a friend of Emily. And so is Corrine who posted above.

Unfortunately, we are having difficulty getting more information- husband has not been forthcoming with any details. Even the timeline is uncertain. We first heard she went for a walk on Monday morning, Memorial Day, however, no one has actually seen her since the evening prior- which was also her birthday.

Thankfully, there are searches underway, with guidance from the Westerville Police Department. Mostly looking in the areas and parks near her home.

There are quite a few parks in that area. Would she visit those on foot or with transportation? Or would she go to the nearest one?

So to the timeline is uncertain, and the husband cannot provide one? That is a problem. Hopefully more details will surface in the following days.

I believe if you have inside information to the case or Emily you can become a verified insider to be able to answer specific questions. I don't have the link to the process, but I'm sure someone will come along and post it here. Welcome to the group. I hope she is found soon.

There are quite a few parks in that area. Would she visit those on foot or with transportation? Or would she go to the nearest one?

So to the timeline is uncertain, and the husband cannot provide one? That is a problem. Hopefully more details will surface in the following days.

She did not take her keys, phone, or car so she would have left her home on foot or someone might have picked her up. Buses have been free recently with COVID, but in Westerville, service is pretty limited and she went missing on a Sunday or Memorial Day so even more limited on those days. Bus is less likely.

Someone noticed that she read and responded to some of her birthday messages (from Facebook) but not others on Sunday evening. Not sure what time she stopped reading/responding. When I scroll through, it’s hard to tell the timing- FB kind of lumps them altogether and it doesn’t appear to be chronological order.

Police have her phone. Husband reports that they also have his phone. Husband says he woke up Monday and she was gone. He initially said an elderly neighbor saw her on a walk around 10a but police say that siting was unconfirmed/not credible. A friend also said she got a text from Em on Monday morning. Husband was posting onto Em’s FB page from Emily’s phone when he realized she went missing later that evening. So he was in possession of her phone on Monday.

She does take a lot of walks, however, leaving without her phone is unusual- she likes to photograph nature on her walks. Some friends are familiar with some of her foraging spots and have been checking. There seems to be a focus in the Hoover Reservoir area- which is a huge area, but she foraged there a lot and it was close to home.

It’s unclear what her state of mind was when she was last seen- husband has not commented at all. Her posts in the days before she went missing seemed upbeat and normal- pics of her garden, smiling with friends, etc.

Also, it’s unknown what she might be wearing and whether or not she had any money with her. Photos of her on Sunday show her wearing a black t-shirt and black skirt and black shoes that resemble low top Converse or Vans but they’re solid black.

Texas Eque has been there with their dogs and drones. They didn’t hit anything but said to keep looking. They were not able to get any information from husband and one friend said TE said he was uncooperative.

Westerville Police set up a tip line, I am not sure how many tips are coming in. There were some initial reports of her spotted in downtown Columbus that have been investigated and did not pan out- police checking cameras in the area, etc.

Friends who have spoken to Westerville Police said the detective is frustrated by the lack of info from husband. I’ve not spoken to the detective so cannot confirm but there are multiple reports from friends who have.
There’s a “Find Em Noble” FB page and a lot of friends are reaching out to Westerville police directly for guidance on searches.

There is a search tonight, they did not disclose location. Please keep her in your prayers.

She did not take her keys, phone, or car so she would have left her home on foot or someone might have picked her up. Buses have been free recently with COVID, but in Westerville, service is pretty limited and she went missing on a Sunday or Memorial Day so even more limited on those days. Bus is less likely.

Someone noticed that she read and responded to some of her birthday messages (from Facebook) but not others on Sunday evening. Not sure what time she stopped reading/responding. When I scroll through, it’s hard to tell the timing- FB kind of lumps them altogether and it doesn’t appear to be chronological order.

Police have her phone. Husband reports that they also have his phone. Husband says he woke up Monday and she was gone. He initially said an elderly neighbor saw her on a walk around 10a but police say that siting was unconfirmed/not credible. A friend also said she got a text from Em on Monday morning. Husband was posting onto Em’s FB page from Emily’s phone when he realized she went missing later that evening. So he was in possession of her phone on Monday.

She does take a lot of walks, however, leaving without her phone is unusual- she likes to photograph nature on her walks. Some friends are familiar with some of her foraging spots and have been checking. There seems to be a focus in the Hoover Reservoir area- which is a huge area, but she foraged there a lot and it was close to home.

It’s unclear what her state of mind was when she was last seen- husband has not commented at all. Her posts in the days before she went missing seemed upbeat and normal- pics of her garden, smiling with friends, etc.

Also, it’s unknown what she might be wearing and whether or not she had any money with her. Photos of her on Sunday show her wearing a black t-shirt and black skirt and black shoes that resemble low top Converse or Vans but they’re solid black.

Texas Eque has been there with their dogs and drones. They didn’t hit anything but said to keep looking. They were not able to get any information from husband and one friend said TE said he was uncooperative.

Westerville Police set up a tip line, I am not sure how many tips are coming in. There were some initial reports of her spotted in downtown Columbus that have been investigated and did not pan out- police checking cameras in the area, etc.

Friends who have spoken to Westerville Police said the detective is frustrated by the lack of info from husband. I’ve not spoken to the detective so cannot confirm but there are multiple reports from friends who have.
There’s a “Find Em Noble” FB page and a lot of friends are reaching out to Westerville police directly for guidance on searches.

There is a search tonight, they did not disclose location. Please keep her in your prayers.

Hi Lizl
Have you checked the Facebook site tonight? When I go there the posts have been removed....by mm?

I saw your note they're searching tonight (private- not there public)

If I can be of any help, reach out , I live off lazelle and go to st Paul's right near her home. I am very aware as when I leave home and run errands etc, to be on the lookout for anything that seems "off".
I'm growing tired of so many missing middle aged women that go "pouf" and husbands that have become family annihilators instead of just filing for a divorce. The morphew case in Colorado is yet another of these ????
I'm sorry she hasn't been located, keeping her in my thoughts and prayers for a safe return and hopefully we find she walked away.
5 years ago I did the same, but I took a phone, driver license and credit card, no purse or car-before he killed me. I did tell my adult kids so they didn't worry.
The Westerville police officers that died- it was domestic as you recall.
Having lived it and seen it from the sideline we really have no idea what dynamics are in someone's home and some people are very good actors around others....
We appreciate all the details you've helped give us. {{hugs}}

Hi Lizl
Have you checked the Facebook site tonight? When I go there the posts have been removed....by mm?

I saw your note they're searching tonight (private- not there public)

If I can be of any help, reach out , I live off lazelle and go to st Paul's right near her home. I am very aware as when I leave home and run errands etc, to be on the lookout for anything that seems "off".
I'm growing tired of so many missing middle aged women that go "pouf" and husbands that have become family annihilators instead of just filing for a divorce. The morphew case in Colorado is yet another of these ????
I'm sorry she hasn't been located, keeping her in my thoughts and prayers for a safe return and hopefully we find she walked away.
5 years ago I did the same, but I took a phone, driver license and credit card, no purse or car-before he killed me. I did tell my adult kids so they didn't worry.
The Westerville police officers that died- it was domestic as you recall.
Having lived it and seen it from the sideline we really have no idea what dynamics are in someone's home and some people are very good actors around others....
We appreciate all the details you've helped give us. {{hugs}}

I’m so sorry for your ordeal. I’m grateful you’re alive to tell your story.

I went to grade school and junior high at St. Paul’s- way back in the 1980s! I barely recognize it now- it was all farms when I was growing up there.

Thanks for your note and for looking out for her. I regularly check her regular FB page and the FB group and hadn’t noticed the missing posts until you mentioned it- I get them confused with each other. The group page is very active (thankfully) so it’s hard to keep up.

I moved to Texas a few years ago so I can’t be on the ground to help search so I really appreciate your extra set of eyes and ears on the ground there. Thanks for your care and kindness- I hope she comes home soon.

*one quick edit: clothing she wore on Sunday is a black top, dark JEANS skirt (not black as posted), and ankle boots (not converse as posted). I was going from a written description from another post but just viewed the actual photo. Which is also the cover photo for the FB page- Help Us Find Em Noble if you care to look-photo was taken the day she went missing.

;););););)
*one quick edit: clothing she wore on Sunday is a black top, dark JEANS skirt (not black as posted), and ankle boots (not converse as posted). I was going from a written description from another post but just viewed the actual photo. Which is also the cover photo for the FB page- Help Us Find Em Noble if you care to look-photo was taken the day she went missing.
Thank you Lizl for your kind words. Clothing update is really helpful. the rioting has died down here so I hope the police can get back to important matters like Emily's disappearance. The fact her husband lawyered up and isn’t saying anything is very telling - to me anyway....
I messaged the wpd and asked if a search was planned, no reply... it’s been retweeted 7x
It makes me suspect they know something and are acting like they’re still searching while building a case. At least I hope so.
;)

I’m wondering if she texted anyone at 8am Monday or she received a text and it was marked read but no reply given. There’s conflicting info I think. I don’t know but what I hear about her makes me believe if she read it she would have replied something... so did someone else read that message??? Like MM?

Thank you for that summary. Its been a couple of days, any news from the searches or the tip line?

What stands out for me, is the fact the husband woke up monday morning and assumed or thought she was missing because she did not returned home. But if my wife is out foraging or taking a walk and she isn't home by midnight, my assumption is; go and look for her!

She did not bring her phone (presumably) so how would he have known were she was. The fact that she did not bring her phone , but responded to FB messages does not sit right with me. Did she log in somewhere else? I can't see that.

If she left on Sunday, morning or afternoon, then there is a large timeframe until the next morning on Monday.

If I left on a Sunday and was not home by dark, especially if I was on foot with no phone, my husband would have already called the police. Maybe because he wanted dinner - but I'd like to think he'd be worried :)

Search continues: Search for missing Westerville woman included dive in Hoover Reservoir

They have not determined this as a suspicious case nor do they believe there was foul play involved, but that is based on the information they have. The reporter said that the Police asked the husband not to give any details out surrounding her disappearance. (??) Ok, that is specific.

In the early days there were indications that the husband wasn't much forthcoming with information. Is this still the case?

Last edited:
For anyone who has been in this situation before, what is likely going on other than searches? Do we assume Em being missing is still an active investigation with Westerille Police? Should her friends and acquaintances be raising funds for a private investigator?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back