Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not illegal, however, to encrypt a digital device. LE might threaten after the fact charges to insure they are being given all known information. But IMOO, merely helping someone encrypt their phone is not an illegal activity.

MOO in this case the helpful abettor would have to say they were unwittingly helping and enabling the encrypting of the phone of a man involved in an unsolved missing children's case, or that they are a prepper thoroughly deceived by Daybell's fabrications.

I don't know if you've received your answer, so sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said, I'm catching up on the thread from where I left off last night.

He went to police with his ex-wife on Dec 5th, and it seems he told them what he knew at that date. MBP had been to see detectives without him on Dec 3rd. It would be standard procedure for police to record what he said in a statement, and we don't know if he gave them a copy of the zombie document or whose possession it was in.

From the trials I've watched police statements are not read or entered into evidence at trial, although they are available to counsel, however the witness (IP) would be called and examined, and pertinent information from what he told police will be drawn out by questioning. If what he says in court differs from what he told police he can be shown his statement to read back to himself and asked why his evidence now is different. That is when the jury gets to decide how honest he is being because usually early statements are the most reliable unless he had a very good reason to be lying at the beginning. Police officers who conducted the interview can also be called to impeach the witness, I believe.

When they went on TV recently they made these statements about it, so he may continue to try to draw back what he said to police, or (imo) come clean at trial in regards to what he knew. In light of the children's murders he might not want the roasting in court :

Select interview transcripts for anyone interested:

Interview with CBS:

IP: I didn’t know the FBI would be there. But um, you know, I was open to sharing everything that I knew at that point. And so at that point I, yeah, I shared, I shared all the information I have and I was hoping that I could, I was hoping the FBI, because the FBI was there, they would have information already, that there would be something that they knew that I could say that would make sense to them. That would, you know, be a piece to a puzzle instead of becoming a framework for them to build this investigation on. And it seems like the information I shared with them turned into this nationwide just frenzy. You know, so they gave me a recording device, you know, I recorded con.., some conversations with Chad and Lori.

<snip> For two weeks I’ve been thinking this through and looking at anything, looking for anything I could to try to figure out where these kids are and there’s just no evidence, there’s nothing, trying to figure out anything bad that’s going on. And I don’t, you know, I couldn’t find anything, I couldn’t find anything aside from just baseless accusations coming from her ex-husband. At the end of the day I put it into a memo when I conv.., when I confessed this to her. You know and I need to protect her to the best of my ability from the damage that I could, that I, that I have done to her. So I write down everything that I can remember saying to the FBI, how I explained it to ‘em, what her fears were, what my fears were. I write it all down, and give it to her lawyers.

MBP: this was early in December and so um I think it shows, if you read the entire document it starts out I’m terrified, and then it ends with there was nothing there and the reason this document is so important is because it’s basically, we’re trying to clear this up because this whole case is based on this, this document and this outline, of, you know, bits and pieces taken from everywhere. <snip> and you know he was taking everything so literally and when I first saw this document it was shocking like explain this, like I can’t explain it, and so, it’s good to come forward and explain where that comes from in the context and to look at it in its entirety.

Interview with Nate Eaton:

MBP: <snip> As soon as I returned after Thanksgiving, I went right into Detective Hermosillo and was like, “What’s going on? I’m here to get my stuff.” He asked me about my previous marriage, what was I doing here, and he asked me about Lori and Alex. I was an open book and said, “Here’s what I know.

Eaton: We can transition with that into everything you allegedly told Ian and what he wrote down. Ian, can you explain the background about how this document came to be?

IP: The whole purpose of the document was to send to Melani’s lawyers so they knew what I had gone in and told the FBI.

So I told Melani on Dec. 19 that I had been talking with the police and a little later, I told her I’d been recording her. It was after I told Melani that I had been working with the FBI and the police that I wrote this. The whole idea is to protect her. Her lawyers needed to know exactly what I said, how I said it and that’s how I wanted to present it to them. These are the fears I shared with them that Melani shared with me.

The document sounds a lot more affirmative than what I heard, but when I go into the police, I want action. I want this to be over with, basically. I went and I shared with the FBI everything that I heard, everything I was afraid of, and at that point, I thought the kids were in danger. I thought there was something dark and sinister going on. I was afraid.

So things came out when I talked with the FBI in a way that (I) shouldn’t have. And I kind of regret the way I presented it to them because I feel like it’s kind of blown this thing up a lot more than it should have. There wasn’t really a whole lot going on until my ex-wife and I went in and spoke with the FBI. Then, a week later, they’re starting to put out press releases and all these things. I don’t know if what we shared acted as a catalyst for that. Or maybe I’m just full of myself.

Eaton: For the casual reader seeing this, there is some shocking stuff in there. Chad and Lori apparently told you, Melani, that JJ and Tylee had been possessed and become zombies, that Alex may have to “take care” of the kids, he had “great faith” and “never wavered in his trust of the Lord.” Can you understand these writings are alarming, concerning and suspicious on all counts?

IP: Anybody who doesn’t know what’s going on, they’re going to look at this and go, “Yeah, this is insane.”

So Brandon contacted my ex-wife, Natalie, and basically shared the idea with her that Melani’s in a cult, Lori’s in a cult, Chad’s a cult leader, they tried to kill me, they killed Charles and there’s this whole plot. I’m hearing this and I’m going, “Holy crap! What did I get myself into?” And so anything that happens, anything I hear from then on, even if it’s something I’ve heard before, I’m looking at it through the lens of, “This could be a cult.” Something weird is going on, and I’m hearing this right after her door gets kicked in by the Rexburg Police and we see a search warrant looking for JJ.

So everything seemed really off at that point. I’ve described it like a Treehouse of Horrors episode of “The Simpsons” for Halloween. You see a shadow of a claw on the wall, and then the light comes, and it’s just a branch scratching on the window. Depending on how you shine the light, there are facts, but depending on how you shine the flashlight, the facts look different.

When I’m hearing all these things, I’m scared, and I think there’s a cult. As you go through the document, you kind of see my thought process of this is stuff that I’m hearing, and stuff I’m worried about. As I continue to look at it, I’m starting to see that there’s really nothing proving any of this. There’s nothing proving that Tylee and JJ have come to any harm. You can even see at the end of the document I’m still questioning why in the world do we not know where the kids are.

But as I’ve gotten to know Summer and Janis and heard more about Lori’s life and the experiences she’s gone through, I’m starting to see maybe there is some reasoning behind what’s going on. I have no clue what’s going on, but I know that Melani is a good person. I’ve loved her through this whole thing. I was never really concerned about her. But in the beginning, I’m like, “Holy crap, her uncles are into some shady stuff, and I need to try to figure out what’s going on. I’m going to record your conversations, try to get from point A to point B, get this thing wrapped up and over with so I can move on with my life and my new wife.”

MBP: <snip> Where it comes down to Tylee and JJ and this zombie idea – it came from a disturbing phone call I got from one of Lori’s old friends right after they took off to Hawaii. She told me, “Lori and Alex did something to Tylee and JJ, and we don’t know where they’re at, and Lori has lied to you,” and all these things that didn’t feel right. On that phone call, I felt a lot of fear and doubt, and that’s when I kind of went into this worrying phase.

I’m newly married, and I’m sharing these things with him and can’t sleep some nights. I didn’t know where they’re at, I didn’t know what was going on and I didn’t understand these things. And Ian, which I don’t know, is talking with Natalie and Brandon, and they’re telling him these terrifying things that aren’t true – that I’ve wanted to kill Brandon, and I’m in a cult. I have no idea what Ian’s doing behind the scenes, and I’m in a scared time in my life where I’m trying to figure out the pieces. I’m trying to know what’s going on with Brandon and his plans, and who he is working with, and where my kids are. December was terrifying – like we’re thrown into this boiling pot as soon as we get married and trying to just adapt as best we can.

Eaton: Melani, did you actually believe these things that Lori and Chad told you? Or were you telling Ian just to get it off your chest with the assumption you didn’t know what to think?

MBP: Lori and Chad did not tell me most of those things in the document. Those were fears I was hearing from other people, and never did I believe them. When you don’t have knowledge about something and you’re in a scary situation like this, you think the worst. And I’m an open book. I kind of say it how it is.

I didn’t know Ian was recording all these things and that he was talking to Natalie or Brandon. I had told him my history with Brandon, and I warned that Natalie’s probably going to try to get ahold of Brandan, and Brandon’s going to run with all these lies about me. Ian knew who I was, but the factor of Tylee and JJ going missing – he’d never seen them before and had only met Chad and Lori one time. He doesn’t know what I know about the past with Lori trying to do everything she can to protect her kids and people who have been threatening her.

<snip>

Eaton: One other question about the document, Ian, and then we can we can move on. You mentioned in there that your whole intent was not to smear anybody. Your intent was to protect your family and helps solve the case of the missing kids. Can you guys address the public as to what you all are doing to help in the case?

IP: We, to the best of our knowledge, have cooperated fully with the FBI and law enforcement. Anytime they’ve had questions, we’ve answered. That’s all we can do right now. We’re trying to set people at ease a little bit. Right now, the kids are missing. We don’t know where they are, and there’s so much speculation because of this information that’s leaked in the accusations that Charles made in his paperwork, and people coming out of the woodwork to come after Chad or come after Lori.

<snip>

MBP: Yeah. I had my first initial meeting with Detective Hermosillo, and then I invited FBI into my home for a few hours and told them everything that I did know. My first meeting with FBI, I shared a lot of these things I’m sharing with you, Nate, and they were like, “OK, this isn’t where we thought this was going at all.” We haven’t heard this other side of why Lori would be doing what she’s doing and why she does not feel safe to say where her kids are and why she needs to protect them.

Interview with 12News:

MBP: This entire document that was illegally obtained by somebody just trying to hurt — this is old news. This is something Ian put together to protect us. When he went in with Natalie and all these ideas, that turned this entire investigation to a frenzy, this document was put together to give to our lawyers. This is what he went in with. Now we have to explain this to the fullness of truth that it is. In its entirety, there weren’t any facts to this. These were fears, these were worries.

<snip> He’s hearing these things from our exes who are working together to try and drive a wedge in between us. December was really tough. There were a lot of things being thrown around and the things in the document were the things that were given to Rexburg Police in December to continue confusing this case and mix it up with speculation and rumor by these documents and rumors that might be released — because it just leads the public to have more questions and more reason to believe these crazy things. And unfortunately, the truth isn’t as exciting as these crazy things, so we keep feeding them. This is what people want.

(Interviews with links are in the media thread starting here and then scrolling down to posts below it for the additional interviews ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION )
Thank you, answers my question perfectly, also good to read the transcripts rather than watch them, you can take more information in that way. Would be very interesting if he did get called to answer questions about what he knew..

Thanks for those transcript excerpts, Tortoise.

Makes me think that Ian had pretty good instincts all along, and he’s probably pretty pissed off right now, and ready to scalp Lori and Chad.

Natalie’s role in all of this is fascinating, too. It looks like she set a great deal in motion. Add that to BB, Larry and Kay, and it’s incredibly fortunate that persistent and brave folks outside the circle of lunatics cared for JJ, Tylee, and the other children indirectly involved.
I know right? All of those Cox family interviews were damage limitation and saving reputation. Nothing about pleading for the children's return or Lori and Chad's cooperation.

Annie, Kay, Larry, and Colby have only ever been interested in finding the children and expressing their heartbreak, and BB has had the worry of keeping his children safe from harm.

moo

I know YT videos are not usually allowed but this one JUST contains information that is already readily available in MSN.
It just compares what MBP and MG have been saying in their interviews. Plus a few court documents and other MSN. Nothing any of us couldn't have put together with what we know already. Nothing weird. No claims. No strange insider information. Just facts as reported in msn.
I have reported this post myself. So if it stays up the mods have approved.
This was a good watch, put all the information in a nice little package, which shows the lies that have been told. IMO

Last edited:
I am LDS as well. I in no way meant people who are LDS could not be able to be on a jury panel for this. I simply meant that there are people who are not members who would make fine candidates for a jury.
MOO think a cross section of Idohoans as peers is good. Unfortunately, the coroner not reactiing appropriately to a mysterious death points to local relationships over riding objectivity.

A case this hot is going to have a remedy to that by having a giant initial jury pool call pulling people from many counties

:) Well he also snuck into a temple to seal himself to his murdery spouse after telling people he is the prophet. I figure they don't check you at the door for a current membership and he isn't above doing it anyway.

Good point though. I've assume that he has been excommunicated since sometime last year but it could be after November.

That's exactly what they do - you present your temple recommend at the desk just inside the door.

His membership will most likely be adjudicated after the legal matters are completed. It would be no-good, very-bad for a jury that is likely to have some LDS members among them to use the knowledge that he was excommunicated (and even people who are not LDS might use this information similarly, it's human nature to think "well if they thought he wasn't fit for membership, then...he probably did it..") in considering his legal guilt. If that kind of thinking were to permeate the jury and taint the verdict? Nooooo...nobody wants that.

I don't know if you've received your answer, so sorry if I'm repeating what's already been said, I'm catching up on the thread from where I left off last night.

He went to police with his ex-wife on Dec 5th, and it seems he told them what he knew at that date. MBP had been to see detectives without him on Dec 3rd. It would be standard procedure for police to record what he said in a statement, and we don't know if he gave them a copy of the zombie document or whose possession it was in.

From the trials I've watched police statements are not read or entered into evidence at trial, although they are available to counsel, however the witness (IP) would be called and examined, and pertinent information from what he told police will be drawn out by questioning. If what he says in court differs from what he told police he can be shown his statement to read back to himself and asked why his evidence now is different. That is when the jury gets to decide how honest he is being because usually early statements are the most reliable unless he had a very good reason to be lying at the beginning. Police officers who conducted the interview can also be called to impeach the witness, I believe.

When they went on TV recently they made these statements about it, so he may continue to try to draw back what he said to police, or (imo) come clean at trial in regards to what he knew. In light of the children's murders he might not want the roasting in court :

Select interview transcripts for anyone interested:

Interview with CBS:

IP: I didn’t know the FBI would be there. But um, you know, I was open to sharing everything that I knew at that point. And so at that point I, yeah, I shared, I shared all the information I have and I was hoping that I could, I was hoping the FBI, because the FBI was there, they would have information already, that there would be something that they knew that I could say that would make sense to them. That would, you know, be a piece to a puzzle instead of becoming a framework for them to build this investigation on. And it seems like the information I shared with them turned into this nationwide just frenzy. You know, so they gave me a recording device, you know, I recorded con.., some conversations with Chad and Lori.

<snip> For two weeks I’ve been thinking this through and looking at anything, looking for anything I could to try to figure out where these kids are and there’s just no evidence, there’s nothing, trying to figure out anything bad that’s going on. And I don’t, you know, I couldn’t find anything, I couldn’t find anything aside from just baseless accusations coming from her ex-husband. At the end of the day I put it into a memo when I conv.., when I confessed this to her. You know and I need to protect her to the best of my ability from the damage that I could, that I, that I have done to her. So I write down everything that I can remember saying to the FBI, how I explained it to ‘em, what her fears were, what my fears were. I write it all down, and give it to her lawyers.

MBP: this was early in December and so um I think it shows, if you read the entire document it starts out I’m terrified, and then it ends with there was nothing there and the reason this document is so important is because it’s basically, we’re trying to clear this up because this whole case is based on this, this document and this outline, of, you know, bits and pieces taken from everywhere. <snip> and you know he was taking everything so literally and when I first saw this document it was shocking like explain this, like I can’t explain it, and so, it’s good to come forward and explain where that comes from in the context and to look at it in its entirety.

Interview with Nate Eaton:

MBP: <snip> As soon as I returned after Thanksgiving, I went right into Detective Hermosillo and was like, “What’s going on? I’m here to get my stuff.” He asked me about my previous marriage, what was I doing here, and he asked me about Lori and Alex. I was an open book and said, “Here’s what I know.

Eaton: We can transition with that into everything you allegedly told Ian and what he wrote down. Ian, can you explain the background about how this document came to be?

IP: The whole purpose of the document was to send to Melani’s lawyers so they knew what I had gone in and told the FBI.

So I told Melani on Dec. 19 that I had been talking with the police and a little later, I told her I’d been recording her. It was after I told Melani that I had been working with the FBI and the police that I wrote this. The whole idea is to protect her. Her lawyers needed to know exactly what I said, how I said it and that’s how I wanted to present it to them. These are the fears I shared with them that Melani shared with me.

The document sounds a lot more affirmative than what I heard, but when I go into the police, I want action. I want this to be over with, basically. I went and I shared with the FBI everything that I heard, everything I was afraid of, and at that point, I thought the kids were in danger. I thought there was something dark and sinister going on. I was afraid.

So things came out when I talked with the FBI in a way that (I) shouldn’t have. And I kind of regret the way I presented it to them because I feel like it’s kind of blown this thing up a lot more than it should have. There wasn’t really a whole lot going on until my ex-wife and I went in and spoke with the FBI. Then, a week later, they’re starting to put out press releases and all these things. I don’t know if what we shared acted as a catalyst for that. Or maybe I’m just full of myself.

Eaton: For the casual reader seeing this, there is some shocking stuff in there. Chad and Lori apparently told you, Melani, that JJ and Tylee had been possessed and become zombies, that Alex may have to “take care” of the kids, he had “great faith” and “never wavered in his trust of the Lord.” Can you understand these writings are alarming, concerning and suspicious on all counts?

IP: Anybody who doesn’t know what’s going on, they’re going to look at this and go, “Yeah, this is insane.”

So Brandon contacted my ex-wife, Natalie, and basically shared the idea with her that Melani’s in a cult, Lori’s in a cult, Chad’s a cult leader, they tried to kill me, they killed Charles and there’s this whole plot. I’m hearing this and I’m going, “Holy crap! What did I get myself into?” And so anything that happens, anything I hear from then on, even if it’s something I’ve heard before, I’m looking at it through the lens of, “This could be a cult.” Something weird is going on, and I’m hearing this right after her door gets kicked in by the Rexburg Police and we see a search warrant looking for JJ.

So everything seemed really off at that point. I’ve described it like a Treehouse of Horrors episode of “The Simpsons” for Halloween. You see a shadow of a claw on the wall, and then the light comes, and it’s just a branch scratching on the window. Depending on how you shine the light, there are facts, but depending on how you shine the flashlight, the facts look different.

When I’m hearing all these things, I’m scared, and I think there’s a cult. As you go through the document, you kind of see my thought process of this is stuff that I’m hearing, and stuff I’m worried about. As I continue to look at it, I’m starting to see that there’s really nothing proving any of this. There’s nothing proving that Tylee and JJ have come to any harm. You can even see at the end of the document I’m still questioning why in the world do we not know where the kids are.

But as I’ve gotten to know Summer and Janis and heard more about Lori’s life and the experiences she’s gone through, I’m starting to see maybe there is some reasoning behind what’s going on. I have no clue what’s going on, but I know that Melani is a good person. I’ve loved her through this whole thing. I was never really concerned about her. But in the beginning, I’m like, “Holy crap, her uncles are into some shady stuff, and I need to try to figure out what’s going on. I’m going to record your conversations, try to get from point A to point B, get this thing wrapped up and over with so I can move on with my life and my new wife.”

MBP: <snip> Where it comes down to Tylee and JJ and this zombie idea – it came from a disturbing phone call I got from one of Lori’s old friends right after they took off to Hawaii. She told me, “Lori and Alex did something to Tylee and JJ, and we don’t know where they’re at, and Lori has lied to you,” and all these things that didn’t feel right. On that phone call, I felt a lot of fear and doubt, and that’s when I kind of went into this worrying phase.

I’m newly married, and I’m sharing these things with him and can’t sleep some nights. I didn’t know where they’re at, I didn’t know what was going on and I didn’t understand these things. And Ian, which I don’t know, is talking with Natalie and Brandon, and they’re telling him these terrifying things that aren’t true – that I’ve wanted to kill Brandon, and I’m in a cult. I have no idea what Ian’s doing behind the scenes, and I’m in a scared time in my life where I’m trying to figure out the pieces. I’m trying to know what’s going on with Brandon and his plans, and who he is working with, and where my kids are. December was terrifying – like we’re thrown into this boiling pot as soon as we get married and trying to just adapt as best we can.

Eaton: Melani, did you actually believe these things that Lori and Chad told you? Or were you telling Ian just to get it off your chest with the assumption you didn’t know what to think?

MBP: Lori and Chad did not tell me most of those things in the document. Those were fears I was hearing from other people, and never did I believe them. When you don’t have knowledge about something and you’re in a scary situation like this, you think the worst. And I’m an open book. I kind of say it how it is.

I didn’t know Ian was recording all these things and that he was talking to Natalie or Brandon. I had told him my history with Brandon, and I warned that Natalie’s probably going to try to get ahold of Brandan, and Brandon’s going to run with all these lies about me. Ian knew who I was, but the factor of Tylee and JJ going missing – he’d never seen them before and had only met Chad and Lori one time. He doesn’t know what I know about the past with Lori trying to do everything she can to protect her kids and people who have been threatening her.

<snip>

Eaton: One other question about the document, Ian, and then we can we can move on. You mentioned in there that your whole intent was not to smear anybody. Your intent was to protect your family and helps solve the case of the missing kids. Can you guys address the public as to what you all are doing to help in the case?

IP: We, to the best of our knowledge, have cooperated fully with the FBI and law enforcement. Anytime they’ve had questions, we’ve answered. That’s all we can do right now. We’re trying to set people at ease a little bit. Right now, the kids are missing. We don’t know where they are, and there’s so much speculation because of this information that’s leaked in the accusations that Charles made in his paperwork, and people coming out of the woodwork to come after Chad or come after Lori.

<snip>

MBP: Yeah. I had my first initial meeting with Detective Hermosillo, and then I invited FBI into my home for a few hours and told them everything that I did know. My first meeting with FBI, I shared a lot of these things I’m sharing with you, Nate, and they were like, “OK, this isn’t where we thought this was going at all.” We haven’t heard this other side of why Lori would be doing what she’s doing and why she does not feel safe to say where her kids are and why she needs to protect them.

Interview with 12News:

MBP: This entire document that was illegally obtained by somebody just trying to hurt — this is old news. This is something Ian put together to protect us. When he went in with Natalie and all these ideas, that turned this entire investigation to a frenzy, this document was put together to give to our lawyers. This is what he went in with. Now we have to explain this to the fullness of truth that it is. In its entirety, there weren’t any facts to this. These were fears, these were worries.

<snip> He’s hearing these things from our exes who are working together to try and drive a wedge in between us. December was really tough. There were a lot of things being thrown around and the things in the document were the things that were given to Rexburg Police in December to continue confusing this case and mix it up with speculation and rumor by these documents and rumors that might be released — because it just leads the public to have more questions and more reason to believe these crazy things. And unfortunately, the truth isn’t as exciting as these crazy things, so we keep feeding them. This is what people want.

(Interviews with links are in the media thread starting here and then scrolling down to posts below it for the additional interviews ID - ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE* NO DISCUSSION )
Reading all this again puts it in a different light now we know what happened to the kids. It seems to be damage limitation for them. All they care about is MBP and how it will affect them. They never cared about Tylee and JJ. It's all about them. Has there been a statement from them at all? MOO.

I don't think so.

Chad went to California for Thanksgiving and then onto Hawaii and stayed there as far as we know until Lori's arrest. Alex went to AZ for Thanksgiving and then to Las Vegas, and stayed there for about a week, then died in AZ about another week after that. MBP said she was discussing with Alex on the phone bringing his things down to him from Idaho and meeting him halfway, but he wasn't up to it healthwise. I also don't think they'd have gone off and left the children's remains out of their control. I think Chad felt quite safe in Hawaii while there was snow on the ground back in Idaho.

Although I have no idea of course if he has recently moved them to his yard from elsewhere.

moo
So why exactly did they all move to Rexburg, for two months and then all move away? This is suspicious in itself to me. Pre planning and they already had their gravedigger and the burial site lined up IMO.

Also, when was the first snow in Rexburg?

I know YT videos are not usually allowed but this one JUST contains information that is already readily available in MSN.
It just compares what MBP and MG have been saying in their interviews. Plus a few court documents and other MSN. Nothing any of us couldn't have put together with what we know already. Nothing weird. No claims. No strange insider information. Just facts as reported in msn.
I have reported this post myself. So if it stays up the mods have approved.
I found this video well thought out, clear and concise. Even though not new info it lays out the events and connections well. Imo

Last edited:
It's not illegal, however, to encrypt a digital device. LE might threaten after the fact charges to insure they are being given all known information. But IMOO, merely helping someone encrypt their phone is not an illegal activity.
Maybe if it is to hide evidence though it could be perhaps IMO. Interesting, the FBI mobile unit is presumably still in town.

Last edited:
I'm with you so far, makes sense that he was in Rexburg/Salem the 21st/22nd.

I disagree. I fly a lot for work, often last minute, and often it's a tossup as to whether a 1- or 2-night stayover makes a huge difference in fare. It often does not. Remember at that point, he wasn't a consumer looking for a cheap deal, he's someone cheating on his wife (still alive) and conspiring to commit or cover up a murder. The longer he's away from home, the more questions get asked and the more paper trail that exists. I would say he was motivated to get in and get back out quickly.

I have not listened to the podcasts or looked at the production notes, but what makes you believe they were physically all in the same place to record any of these? Or that they were not all recorded in advance?

Why does it mean that another friend visited on the 19th?

I remain confused about the weekend too. Melanie never stated which weekend in her interview with Nate. Clearly there is data to prove, but we have not seen it.
It would have made sense to be together for the podcast, though not necessary.
Melanie never said that Chad was gone for part of the weekend.

There is no reason why Melanie would be in the ring video. She would have come and gone via the garage, since Lori would always drive her.

MOO in this case the helpful abettor would have to say they were unwittingly helping and enabling the encrypting of the phone of a man involved in an unsolved missing children's case, or that they are a prepper thoroughly deceived by Daybell's fabrications.

Yes, and any digital trail to the contrary would seal their fate.

I welcome being challenged on this because I think if I am right it is very significant. And I mostly am basing my hypothesis on what makes more sense. That might be pretty dumb since nothing in this case has made any sense from the beginning

I used to fly a lot for work and it used to be that staying over a Saturday night saved a lot. But I'll take your word for it.

But if he wanted to get away from Tammy, every moment of freedom was probably valuable to him so any excuse to stay a couple of extra days would probably be exploited. But admittedly, my hypothesis depends strongly on this entirely speculative assumption that he would not make a day trip.

The one podcast I watched was JM, MG, and LV. It was suggested that MG wanted to do a podcast but needed JM to assist her. So I am thinking neither LV or MG are tech-savvy enough to pull off a podcast on their own. I really don't think it is rocket science but I think they would have needed help. I realize they would not have needed to be in the same place but I get the impression they were to eliminate the additional complexity. There is at least one where Chad called in from elsewhere and it was obvious.

Because the nanny said she went to pick a friend up at the Idaho Falls airport to pick up a friend. If it was MG and CD had gone to Phoenix the same day on a day trip you'd think someone would have mentioned it because they likely would have been on the same flight back to Idaho Falls. It's hard to check flight records now though. I just can't imagine there are too many options flying into IF in the evening. If MG came the prior weekend, it must have been someone else.

???same flight back to IF

Reading all this again puts it in a different light now we know what happened to the kids. It seems to be damage limitation for them. All they care about is MBP and how it will affect them. They never cared about Tylee and JJ. It's all about them. Has there been a statement from them at all? MOO.

Children go missing and the primary impulse is damage control. No love there.

Bless the grandparents. They knew the kids were in danger because they loved them.

MOO think a cross section of Idohoans as peers is good. Unfortunately, the coroner not reactiing appropriately to a mysterious death points to local relationships over riding objectivity.

A case this hot is going to have a remedy to that by having a giant initial jury pool call pulling people from many counties

A jury will be from that county, or be relocated to another county (vs. being mixed counties) 1.5-3 years from now MOO

And courts all over the US now are very cognizant of issues of sequestration (Anthony trial).. which will be important if charges are murder as this is going to be a long trial(s) as so complex and they do indeed move to another county because they cannot pull jurors from that county.

ETA:
Question as I get confused... are the three apartments in the same county as Chad's property? (e.g. who has jurisdiction if they need to state which county murders happened vs. where buried???)

Last edited:
I welcome being challenged on this because I think if I am right it is very significant. And I mostly am basing my hypothesis on what makes more sense. That might be pretty dumb since nothing in this case has made any sense from the beginning

I used to fly a lot for work and it used to be that staying over a Saturday night saved a lot. But I'll take your word for it.

But if he wanted to get away from Tammy, every moment of freedom was probably valuable to him so any excuse to stay a couple of extra days would probably be exploited. But admittedly, my hypothesis depends strongly on this entirely speculative assumption that he would not make a day trip.

The one podcast I watched was JM, MG, and LV. It was suggested that MG wanted to do a podcast but needed JM to assist her. So I am thinking neither LV or MG are tech-savvy enough to pull off a podcast on their own. I really don't think it is rocket science but I think they would have needed help. I realize they would not have needed to be in the same place but I get the impression they were to eliminate the additional complexity. There is at least one where Chad called in from elsewhere and it was obvious.

Because the nanny said she went to pick a friend up at the Idaho Falls airport to pick up a friend. If it was MG and CD had gone to Phoenix the same day on a day trip you'd think someone would have mentioned it because they likely would have been on the same flight back to Idaho Falls. It's hard to check flight records now though. I just can't imagine there are too many options flying into IF in the evening. If MG came the prior weekend, it must have been someone else.

???same flight back to IF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member