Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, that's the older timeline. I posted an Update 8 back in March, but it has not been linked in the beginning of the threads, despite repeated requests for months for the links to be updated. Here are the links to the more recent one:

10 Part Detailed Timeline Links (Update 8)
Part I (1968 - 2017)
Part II (Dec 2017 - 10 July 2019)
Part III (11 July 2019)
Part IV (12 July 2019 - 31 Oct 2019)
Part V (Nov 2019)
Part VI (Dec 2019)
Part VII (Jan 2020)
Part VIII (2 Feb - 18 Feb 2020)
Part IX (19 Feb -29 Feb 2020)
Part X (Mar 2020 - July 2020)

I probably won't be making a number 9. Sorry.
I'm sorry Gardener that they won't include your update. I know you put tons of hours into it, and not havi g it acknowledged must be frustrating. It find it very disrespectful.

Gardener, I can’t say enough how grateful I am for all the effort and hard work you put into the timeline. So many, many times, I have referred back to it, relying on it as a resource to fact check myself or find a pattern. You have been invaluable to the search for Tylee and JJ, helping give a voice to justice for these precious children. Well done, Gardener. Well done.

I had said he flew to Phoenix but I now think he flew to Mesa because that is what the woman who talked to him said. In the Phoenix area the major airport that most airlines serve is Sky Harbor. But there is another airport called Gateway that is nominally in Mesa. It is served by three airlines, the biggest of which is Allegiant. Allegiant operates 1 flight per day from Idaho Falls to Mesa at 1:18 PM and arriving at 4:12 PM. There is 1 flight from Mesa to Idaho Falls departing at 4:57 PM and arriving at 5:49 PM. Those are for Thursdays in September 2020. It is possible there were multiple daily flights in each direction last September but I don't know how to check that. This coming September the flights between Idaho Falls and Mesa are only a couple of days per week so it would not even be possible to make a day trip. The flight is run on an A320 which holds about 150 passengers depending on configuration.

If there was really only the same flights last September then Chad either stayed until Sunday or he spent a whopping 45 minutes in Mesa to help his relative remodel.

Does anyone know how to check airline schedules for last September?

Or, as I now believe, he picked up Tylee's Jeep and headed back to Rexburg, getting back there around 5-6 AM. I do not discount the possibility that he had an unknown person with him to share the driving.

An earlier poster (can't find, sorry) suggested that the Jeep might have been left in AZ as a decoy in case there were inquiries about Tylee ("When we last saw her she was going to drive her Jeep to xxxx"). If she was killed shortly after 8 September, the lack of inquiries after two weeks may have given Chad and/or Lori the confidence that the poor girl had indeed disappeared quietly and they could safely retrieve the vehicle. I am also convinced that when Chad was having that cheerful conversation with his fellow passenger on the flight he was fully aware that Tylee was dead. What a monster.

Also, it is not illegal to remain silent and not incriminate yourself. When all this first started, and I was so hopeful that the children were being hidden with off-grid preppers, I really thought this was all about a test of Constitutional rights. Oh boy, was I wrong!

Re BBM
I thought there was a real chance of that and I was fooled by her arrogance and confidence that we saw in the Hawaii interview with Nate.

Thanks for this. Have you read the autopsy report? I am wondering whether we have any information about Alex's routine that day. The reason is, because of the time medical assistance was requested (mid afternoon) and also because it was mentioned in the autopsy that A had vomit in his lungs. My dear dad died of massive pulmonary embolism and died as soon as he got up (more or less) in the morning, the blood clot(s) in his leg, travelling up to his lungs. Whilst I acknowledge that not all cases are the same, my dad did not vomit beforehand. So, with my very limited medical knowledge I wondered whether, it is common to vomit before or during death? I have questions around the timing of his death with the cause of death listed on the death certificate, but don't know quite how to phrase them.

I just read through the autopsy report. He did indeed have gastric contents inside of the lungs. In my experience people will vomit when CPR is given but I do not believe this is the case with AC. There was no evidence of gastric contents in the upper airway, just the lower airway. His autopsy report is consistent with poisoning with organophosphates (most commonly found in pesticides and readily available). The poison would cause vomiting and diarrhea and could lead to an embolus. The embolus would cause difficulty breathing in which case aspiration of said vomit into the lungs could easily occur.

MOO of course. Just too many coincidences for him to die of natural causes.

ETA toxicology didn’t test for much, so unless a specific gas spec was done for suspected poisons they wouldn’t show.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t there be evidence prior to the blood clot breaking loose and traveling to his lungs?
If the clot was in his leg or groin - there is usually a swelling(knot like?) or perhaps a sensation in the area?
Would anything show up in blood work - perhaps a yearly physical?

I have treated patients with pulmonary embolus before whose only symptoms was shortness of breath. I have also treated others who have pain at the site of the original clot (typically a DVT in the leg). It just depends. A clot wouldn’t show in bloodwork unless you suspect a clot and run a test like a d-dimer or do a chest CT scan.

I think I remember the same as you, wasn't MP encouraged to move to Ammon? I cannot remember the source either. MOO

ETA: Yes, it is in the timeline:

8 Dec 2019, Approx 1:28 pm – Melani’s new husband IP texts his ex-wife NP “I don’t know if I can convince her to go to the family court hearing on Wednesday. I’m trying but she “got an answer” last night from God. Her uncles have her so wrapped up. They’re telling her she needs to move to Ammon. That’s not going to happen because I’m not going to leave Rexburg. They think it has something to do with jurisdiction. Dumbest thing ever. Don’t respond. Just wanted to update you earlier because I had a quick second to call. Stay safe.”
It’s interesting he writes don’t respond. Is he worried Melani’s reading his texts and is concerned for the x wife’s safety.

My brother has drove trucks. They have an annual DOT physical, but most for a drug screen and see how much they can lift. Not an intensive physical. BTW, I have never heard that blood clots are "common" in truck drivers. Sure, could possibly contribute if there was a pre-existing condition, but not "common".

Truck drivers are one of the highest risks for blood clots.

Truck drivers lead a sedentary life as a result of the duties of the job. Many often spend hours sitting behind the wheel. This type of lifestyle is at the highest risk to develop blood clots. A 2007 study by pLOS Medicine found that the more a person travels, the higher their risk for developing a blood clot.

The Dangers of Blood Clots And What Symptoms To Look For

Jmo

I’m flummoxed. After almost 30 years in civil suit investigation I can’t wrap my arms around any notions of theses perps.
It was the day Alex died. 12th Dec.

Good grief! So the day Alex dies he’s giving marital advice to MelaniP?How is that believable? No mention of him not feeling well, no mention of him being sick when presumably we know Lolo call Z to say he was? Just another example of MP not being honest. How can Ian be oblivious to this? I feel like their marriage won’t survive. The poor boy got thrown into an inferno. I’m not willing to give him a pass, yet, but how can he feel good about the foundation of his marriage? I think his ex-wife will have superior standing when it comes to the custody of their children.

I thought about this as well - how would AC even contact her if, according to MBP statement, there was no way to contact LVD after she and CD left for Hawaii? And why would he contact LVD and not his wife ZP?
The only possible IMO answer could be that it was LV who contacted AC approximately the same time she contacted MBP (in her interview she said it was around that time as well), he told her he didn't feel well, and she contacted ZP. It could work this way IMO

This makes sense. Calling to tell them TD had been exhumed. CD would have got news most likely from his children.

Blood Clot Medical Terms Made Simple | Blood Clots

The greatest danger of blood clots is specifically that they break up and travel through your heart and into your lungs, as appears to have happened here. I can't speak to how common the bilateral part is, but this potentially fatal outcome is why blood clots are scary.

And yes it was called out in the medical examiner's report by use of the term thromboembolism.
What I meant was a former clot was not noted in the legs or the remainder of a clot was not noted in the legs. (Unless I missed it)

From here: BBM What is Venous Thromboembolism? | CDC
The most serious complication of DVT happens when a part of the clot breaks off and travels through the bloodstream to the lungs, causing a blockage called pulmonary embolism (PE).

The likelihood to me seems slim given all the other possibilities that his PE was natural occurring and not from a poison or toxin.

A 20-year review of data from 1979–1998 found that the age-adjusted death rate for PE was 94 per 1,000,000 individuals

From those people-

In fact, community-based epidemiological studies suggest that roughly one in five individuals die almost immediately
His risk was greater because of travel- from the link:

Travel
Any sort of travel has the potential to increase the risk of DVT/PE. Prolonged air, car, and rail trips where the traveler is immobile for long periods of time appear to bring about the greatest risk. In fact, travel by air, car, train, or bus for four or more hours increases the risk about twofold for several weeks after the trip 76. The risk is even greater for travelers with other risk factors.
——-
I don’t profess to be good with numbers but let’s try the math.
94 in 1,000,000 = .0094%
his risk doubled because of travel - does that make his risk of death from PE .0282%?
Of those 1 in 5 die immediately

That to me seems a very, very, small likelihood.

Or, as I now believe, he picked up Tylee's Jeep and headed back to Rexburg, getting back there around 5-6 AM. I do not discount the possibility that he had an unknown person with him to share the driving.

An earlier poster (can't find, sorry) suggested that the Jeep might have been left in AZ as a decoy in case there were inquiries about Tylee ("When we last saw her she was going to drive her Jeep to xxxx"). If she was killed shortly after 8 September, the lack of inquiries after two weeks may have given Chad and/or Lori the confidence that the poor girl had indeed disappeared quietly and they could safely retrieve the vehicle. I am also convinced that when Chad was having that cheerful conversation with his fellow passenger on the flight he was fully aware that Tylee was dead. What a monster.

I believe that you are correct. No one missed Tylee, aside from JJ. And the only people who missed JJ were the Woodcocks.

I really think that LVD missed a step. When the Woodcocks called the police for a "Welfare Check" on JJ, LVD could have easily gone on the defensive, and said that JJ is adopted, she is his legal Mother, and the Woodcocks need to stop bothering her, and her son. They have zero rights to any contact, and the police should not be used to harass law abiding citizens. That would have ended the inquiries dead.

When she fled to Hawaii, it got the police far more involved. And they followed up with the situation with CV in Arizona, BB in Utah...

Well of course lying is qualified, at least legally. People lie al the time. It is illegal to lie to the police though. But interestingy, it is not illegal for the police to lie to you.
Just because it is illegal to lie to police doesn't mean she will get charged or have anything at all happen to her. Apparently, they don't really care if you lie to them, even in a sworn statement. No prob em whatsoever.

But he was not a healthy person. He was a person with untreated atherosclerotic and hypertensive cardiovascular disease, who had (allegedly) a genetic blood clotting disorder and (allegedly) had been feeling poorly in the days preceding his date of death, too poorly to drive long distances apparently (both alleged by MP). If MP's info is accurate, that seems consistent with natural causes. If her info is not accurate, then, well... it opens up the possibilities a bit I suppose.

You can check the links/timeline at the top of this thread and every thread for this discussion, or you can also Google "alex cox autopsy results" for more info on what the medical examiner found.

I didn’t see anything in the autopsy of a history of a clotting disorder. If that was confirmed it would’ve been reported as a contributing cause of death. Poisoning would also cause him not to feel well in the days preceding his death. Also, at least 80% of my patients have some form of hypertensive heart disease by age 51. I guess the only thing Ive seen so far that would give me doubt as to whether it could have been caused naturally was that he was a truck driver. MOO

I believe that you are correct. No one missed Tylee, aside from JJ. And the only people who missed JJ were the Woodcocks.

I really think that LVD missed a step. When the Woodcocks called the police for a "Welfare Check" on JJ, LVD could have easily gone on the defensive, and said that JJ is adopted, she is his legal Mother, and the Woodcocks need to stop bothering her, and her son. They have zero rights to any contact, and the police should not be used to harass law abiding citizens. That would have ended the inquiries dead.

When she fled to Hawaii, it got the police far more involved. And they followed up with the situation with CV in Arizona, BB in Utah...

yeah. I've often wondered what would fall out if we took all the birth certificates, matched them to all death records, health care records and school records, or even later social numbers and see how many children are missing out there. How many children have been born who seem to have never shown up anywhere as adults.

I bet it isn't none.

Welcome! Your medical knowledge will surely be of interest here. That said, um, Alex was not a "young healthy person." He was 50-ish and had been a long-distance truck driver for a long time (Arizona to Arkansas routes), which is exactly the kind of sedentary lifestyle that can cause PEs.

Haha... I guess my definition of “young and healthy” is a little jaded. My typical patient has a multitude of health issues by age 50. I’ll have to keep perspective in mind when I post... oops!

While everyone else was being told that Tylee was at BYU.

Sounds to me like if JJ had not disappeared so soon after, a story that Tylee disappeared without a trace in AZ might have flown without much question since this seems to happen ever so often - young girl meets boy and disappears. Guess they needed that jeep ASAP. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member