HI HI - Clare Maney, 28, Old Kona Airport Park, Kailua-Kona, 14 Jun 2020

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Clare Maney was reported missing on Monday, though she was last seen on Sunday. She is described as being 5 feet, 11 inches tall, weighing about 145 pounds, with a fair complexion, blonde hair, and blue eyes.

Maney was last seen on camera walking the shoreline at Old Kona Airport Park with dive fins around 9 a.m. Monday. Aerial and shoreline searches have found no sign of the woman.

Search continues for missing woman, 28 | West Hawaii Today

web1_Clare-Maney-wevb.jpg

Hawaii Island Police are requesting the public’s assistance in locating Maney and said she is in need of medical attention.

The coast guard called off their search for Maney Tuesday evening but the fire department is still searching.

Maney works as a tour guide in Hawaii according to her Facebook page.

Lincoln native reported missing in Hawaii

First picture on Claire's instagram....she posted it two days ago...so Tuesday? or Monday? Not sure, but what she says with the picture is kind of concerning, not sure really, though it MAY be concerning given the circumstances. If I can't post the link, google Clare and her instagram will come up.

eta...it's Wednesday today, thought it was Thursday. I lose track of the days these days lol.
still, if she was last seen Monday at 9 am....

First picture on Claire's instagram....she posted it two days ago...so Tuesday? or Monday? Not sure, but what she says with the picture is kind of concerning, not sure really, though it MAY be concerning given the circumstances. If I can't post the link, google Clare and her instagram will come up.

can you post her IG please
ETA: nm I found it

Login • Instagram

it's a poem - I don't see anything concerning about it

Last edited:
According to her post on FB, on June 3, Clare and her partner were planning to leave Big Island on June 16 (that's yesterday), back to the mainland to travel across the country for 2 months or so, and find a place to next settle.
Her partner must be beyond worried and scared.
https://www.facebook.com/ccmaney/timeline?lst=1375239498:712920615:1592443192

My brother lives in Kailua-Kona, and hasn't heard anything about the disappearance.

According to her post on FB, on June 3, Clare and her partner were planning to leave Big Island on June 16 (that's yesterday), back to the mainland to travel across the country for 2 months or so, and find a place to next settle.
Her partner must be beyond worried and scared.
https://www.facebook.com/ccmaney/timeline?lst=1375239498:712920615:1592443192

My brother lives in Kailua-Kona, and hasn't heard anything about the disappearance.
The link is broken. :(

ETA: The link was broken but I found it anyway. I had thought with the link being broken that her FB was taken down which is why I made the sad face. And now I have Baby Shark doo-doo-doo-doo-doo in my head. Hoping that’s not the case.

Last edited:

Oh no, this supports a self-harm scenario even more. Her cousin and friend were so worried about Clare's struggles that they were going to fly all the way to Hawaii? And that same day Clare posted that ostensible farewell poem? This is looking really bad. They may never find her...

She was having some struggles in Hawaii and she was thinking about moving back to the mainland, and she was. She planned a whole road trip for the summer,” Rezac says.

Rezac and another close friend of Clare’s decided to fly down this week to be there to support her. But when they called Monday evening, they didn’t get a response.

“We decided to send local authorities to her house for a wellness check because we sort of knew something was not right and there started the entire search and our instinct was correct.”
and there started the entire search and our instinct was correct.”

Oh no, this supports a self-harm scenario even more. Her cousin and friend were so worried about Clare's struggles that they were going to fly all the way to Hawaii? And that same day Clare posted that ostensible farewell poem? This is looking really bad. They may never find her...

She was having some struggles in Hawaii and she was thinking about moving back to the mainland, and she was. She planned a whole road trip for the summer,” Rezac says.

Rezac and another close friend of Clare’s decided to fly down this week to be there to support her. But when they called Monday evening, they didn’t get a response.

“We decided to send local authorities to her house for a wellness check because we sort of knew something was not right and there started the entire search and our instinct was correct.”
and there started the entire search and our instinct was correct.”
Yes...I know. And her cousin asked for a welfare check.
The cousin/ close friend does not mention the "partner" who was mentioned by Clare on her FB post June 3, and that together they would go on the road trip. I wonder why. I assumed with that post that Clare was not alone in Hawaii.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back