GUILTY GA - Caliyah McNabb, 15 days, Newton County, 7 Oct 2017 *Arrests* #2

I wonder if she is still there as she is either being evaluated or they are deciding where to put her. She may be under suicide watch also. That could be a reason they haven't moved her yet. I guess time will tell.

I want to feel sorry for her then I think she is an adult. Cortney shouldn't have let her feelings for Chris get in the way of taking care of the children. The children especially Caliyah should have taken priority over Chris. It seems to me that Cortney cared more for pleasing Chris than anything or person. Cortney sure was confused and I wonder if the drugs were a factor in all of that.

In the end Cortney lost everything the kids and Chris. She maybe having a very hard time dealing with the reality of the truth. It probably sunk in when the verdict came in. What the judge told her was the truth and probably a wake up call. Very depressing news for her.

All imo jmo moo!

Whether she simply failed to protect her kids or she played a direct role in Caliyah’s death, I think she deserved the sentence she got. Personally, I think she should have gotten jail time before Caliyah was even born, for the conditions and uncertainty she subjected Clarissa to. Those babies could have been abused by any of the lowlifes she let around. Even 5 days after she got Caliyah, she needed a “mommy break” and was searching high and low for someone to leave the babies with. No concern for the quality of care her children would get, let alone what kind of characters would be around them. A quote from Rhett Butler to Scarlett comes to mind, “A cat’s a better mother than you.”

Whether she simply failed to protect her kids or she played a direct role in Caliyah’s death, I think she deserved the sentence she got. Personally, I think she should have gotten jail time before Caliyah was even born, for the conditions and uncertainty she subjected Clarissa to. Those babies could have been abused by any of the lowlifes she let around. Even 5 days after she got Caliyah, she needed a “mommy break” and was searching high and low for someone to leave the babies with. No concern for the quality of care her children would get, let alone what kind of characters would be around them. A quote from Rhett Butler to Scarlett comes to mind, “A cat’s a better mother than you.”

I have no sympathy for her. She was spoiled rotten. Daddy took care of her. She acts like a baby herself, yet she is 26. For some reason, I don't have sympathy for-yet am curious as to what happened in Chris' pre teen years. Teachers on another site said he was a polite quiet kid in elementary, and bright. All those years in prison all he learned to do was be a better . Prisons don't rehabilitate like they claim. I think this disaster could have been averted if even the parole violation had picked him up earlier. Such a heartbreak.

I have no sympathy for her. She was spoiled rotten. Daddy took care of her. She acts like a baby herself, yet she is 26. For some reason, I don't have sympathy for-yet am curious as to what happened in Chris' pre teen years. Teachers on another site said he was a polite quiet kid in elementary, and bright. All those years in prison all he learned to do was be a better ****. Prisons don't rehabilitate like they claim. I think this disaster could have been averted if even the parole violation had picked him up earlier. Such a heartbreak.
You can tell that he is bright. It doesn’t preclude being evil, but yeah, he’s not a dummy.

Bell, sentenced to 15 years in prison and 15 years on probation gets out in 2033 unless she wins an appeal. She got “credit” for the time already served beginning with her arrest in January 2018. Her "most recent institution" is listed as Arrendale State Prison.

McNabb, unless he wins an appeal, is never getting out. He's now at Hays State Prison.

Where are they now: Parents convicted of killing newborn Caliyah McNabb

I am relieved that they are guilty. However, this case is the poster child for the devastation that meth epidemic has had on this nation. Generational meth users who do meth with their children, people upon people in a community going to jail multiple times for multiple counts. They should use this trial to scare young teens--- the drugs, the pregnancies and the dysfunctional family need to be explored in depth.

New here! love following, studying cases and trials and profiling and with the McNabb trial, I hadn't heard of this case until day 1 of trial back on May 7, 2019. Since then, I have watched the trial, rewatched the trial 8-10 times, researched, studied, investigated, gotten involved with case and spent 408 days now pouring over this case! With my education, background, work experience in the criminal justice field, this is one case that I most definitely disagree with the majority on. After all this time and effort and I guess you could say obsession with this case and now, knowing it inside and out and also CM, I am amazed at how many things people do not know about the people involved. How so many things, words, actions, or lack of actions are just simply not known by trial followers. We are all entitled to our opinions and I respect that 100%. This case has consumed me with no regrets as I have been able to receive and find out so many things that very few people know. Things that were allowed into trial that never should have been. Things that were not allowed into trial that should have been. Plea deals the state witnesses received. If I get going on this case, I think I would be blasted off the site. Just know and understand, I am looking at and studying this case every single day and have now for over a year and will continue to do so. As of June 3rd, 2020 just a few weeks ago, ML who testified at trial who just prior to baby missing, had broke into McNabbs trailer and threatened to kill him, etc., but a week or so ago, stole a truck and moments later lost control and was killed . www.covnews.com has the story.
Also, new evidence has come out about other witnesses, relationships with CB and CW, and I could go on but since this is awaiting for the motion for a new trial based on new information and trial and prosecutorial/judge error, less said the better.
As many comments said about CB.... I have very little faith in her innocence or that she wasn't involved or at least now knows what happened.
They should not have been tried together at all. If people believe that they are both guilty and covering for each other still after almost 3 years, I think that is far fetched. Especially for CB, good mom or bad, meth user or not, she wouldn't cover for him especially after all this time. Nor would he if he knew something for certain.
I will find a link of the rumors around Covington after the convictions about the real players involved and what happened and it is so simple and easy to see, once you do, you can't unsee it and CM I believe is not guilty of hurting the baby. He does have a past of criminal activity but not a murderer.
Someone mentioned they were certain he was a messed up child. Actually, he was a great ball player, good kid, fun and like a lot of people, when they become teenagers and choose friends to hang out with that don't make good choices, it's easy to fall into that crowd.
He covered his racial tats. I've read every article I can find and posts and comments and from day one, the majority who watched or knew about the case already convicted him because of his tattoos, his lifestyle, drug use and relationship problems but none of those things equal murdering your new baby.
Last couple things, the lady at the end of trial who claims he showed himself and finished to completion is really hard to even take seriously let alone believe. If you do believe her, and she says he took himself out and she sat there and watched and he finished to completion. She sat there and watched? Didn't turn around, motion to the guard that was nearby and required to be watching the interview for safety or stop him and weather one minute to complete (unlikely) or 8-10, this lady sits there and can testify that she watched him until he completed? It seems odd that anyone would just see someone do that, not take any action or say anything, sit and watch until completion and for what benefit of CM? Already facing horrible charges, has no sex allegations or past sex charges and a male guard was 10-12 feet from where she was meeting with CM.
Also, hmm, now I have lost my train of thought. It's late here and I found this site as I search so many all the time for new info but one statement CM did make in the corner store is he didn't do it and when it comes out who did, they were all going to be surprised and I can count on that statement.
Absolutely no evidence points to him being guilty and evidence that points to his innocence the state was able to be left out of court, but not next time if he gets the chance. His new attorney is amazing and I wish more people had an open mind like they are supposed to in all of the trials. People use the phrase about something being "logical", but most the time, the truth and the answers are so much more simple than people make them out to be.
I will tell you right now, if when my kids were 2 weeks old and I woke up and couldn't find them in the house, and yes I would look under blankets and clothes and call their names in hopes to startle them. Maybe my older child picked up the baby so don't criticise CM and CB for looking all over and calling out to her and THEN... If I looked around my trailer or house and the baby isn't in there, you better believe I would most definitely look outside and definitely in the woods! CM wasn't the only one who cut through that path. It was nicknamed 'the cut through' for a reason. Short cut? Creep route? Whatever, but the baby didn't walk out on her own so someone else had to have taken her and in that case they aren't going to just go walking down the main roads! And meth or no meth use? Meth heads are paranoid and CM and everyone knew he carried that backpack every where and what he carried inside it. Baby was gone that next morning, yes, certainly it would cross the minds of drug users that if cops are on their way to get any meth or drugs out but it would only take seconds to grab where you knew it was and chuck it out somewhere but no meth, drugs, paraphernalia or the bag were found by CB or CM or the first neighbor friend to get there before CM went out to look outside and she testified when CM went out to look she grabbed both his hands and they were empty and clean and he had nothing with him, no bags and she held his hands and told him to try to calm down and go look for baby. Didn't have to worry about getting rid of any drugs in his backpack cuz like the baby, the bag and it's contents weren't in the trailer anymore either... there. Let that soak in.
Okay, no one will probably read this cuz it's been just an old post and I hate that I can't really say too much but all in time!!! And in time, I will gladly put my name on writing this.
I didn't proof read, my apologies. Still learning rules about this site and posting. Seems like a great site.

Last edited:
welcome-group.gif
@JJ_Justice_4_All !

Yes, it is too bad you can't just tell us what is behind the scenes, but it is not allowed here - unless you are a "verified insider" - which has link here if you need to get verified. Just ask!

Also - I like to keep up with appeals & such - I tried finding any appeals in the Georgia Newton County court site & couldn't find anything. Just their "old" stuff from the trial.
Do you know a link where I can see the motions on a new trial? Is this for both of them of just CW?

TIA! :)

Thank you!! @Niner
I don’t see link to get verified. So like; let’s hypothetically say I’m family, paralegal, works with his attorney in case, his fiancé, his fairy God mother.... what gets a person verified. Or actually. I can’t really say much public wise with the motion for new trial in the works but is there private messaging? Maybe you can help explain verified and the rules as I said this is new site to me.

Anwser To question below: I have information. Links. Notes. Notebooks. Binders etc, it’s ridiculous and reading all these comments makes me so mad I guess for lack of a better word coming to me right now cuz like I said, almost everything One makes a comment or opinion or statement and with wrong facts. Simple facts that shouldn’t be mistaken or mis interpreted
However, . There was a motion for a new trial filed last fall/winter and the a second Amended motion for new trial that got filed. And now, with the death of a witness and stuff coming out about that lying jerk. Plus other new evidence since trial. And more new evidence. Just have to see! Such a slow process In this justice or UN justice system and especially with the covid crap.

[[[Do you know a link where I can see the motions on a new trial? Is this for both of them of just CW?]]

TIA! :)[/QUOTE]

welcome-group.gif
@JJ_Justice_4_All !

Yes, it is too bad you can't just tell us what is behind the scenes, but it is not allowed here - unless you are a "verified insider" - which has link here if you need to get verified. Just ask!

Also - I like to keep up with appeals & such - I tried finding any appeals in the Georgia Newton County court site & couldn't find anything. Just their "old" stuff from the trial.
Do you know a link where I can see the motions on a new trial? Is this for both of them of just CW?

PM ME REGARDING MOTIONS PENDING. AND HELP EXPLAIN THE DO AND DONTS ON HERE. I KNOW THE DO AND DONTS LEGAL SIDE. JUST NEW HERE. SEEMS COOL KINFA SO FAR EXCEPT IT ANNOYS ME THAT ALMOST EVERY FORUM I READ WITH COMMENTS REGARDING TRIALS; everyone has no clues to the ins and outs of the actual proceedings and how much is left out or not brought in. And a big game it is and decide their opinion on verdict before the start of trial or really any of the evidence. MOO and OMO. Everyone gets to have one. That is mine. I’m just super geeky and study this crap way to much.

Thank you!! @Niner
I don’t see link to get verified. So like; let’s hypothetically say I’m family, paralegal, works with his attorney in case, his fiancé, his fairy God mother.... what gets a person verified. Or actually. I can’t really say much public wise with the motion for new trial in the works but is there private messaging? Maybe you can help explain verified and the rules as I said this is new site to me.

Anwser To question below: I have information. Links. Notes. Notebooks. Binders etc, it’s ridiculous and reading all these comments makes me so mad I guess for lack of a better word coming to me right now cuz like I said, almost everything One makes a comment or opinion or statement and with wrong facts. Simple facts that shouldn’t be mistaken or mis interpreted
However, . There was a motion for a new trial filed last fall/winter and the a second Amended motion for new trial that got filed. And now, with the death of a witness and stuff coming out about that lying jerk. Plus other new evidence since trial. And more new evidence. Just have to see! Such a slow process In this justice or UN justice system and especially with the covid crap.

[[[Do you know a link where I can see the motions on a new trial? Is this for both of them of just CW?]]

TIA! :)
[/QUOTE]
Hi JJ_Justice_4_All and welcome! Here's the link to information about becoming a verified insider or professional.
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

In the meantime if you can post any links you find regarding appeals it might help us to better understand your points. I did a quick search and had no luck.

Both Christopher Michael McNabb and Cortney Marie Bell have filed motions for new trials, according to documents filed in Newton Superior Clerk. Both were convicted of killing baby Caliyah in May 2019.

Georgia parents convicted in newborn’s death want new trials

This says they filed for a new trial back in February, 2020. It doesn't say they were granted a new trial.

Both Christopher Michael McNabb and Cortney Marie Bell have filed motions for new trials, according to documents filed in Newton Superior Clerk. Both were convicted of killing baby Caliyah in May 2019.

Georgia parents convicted in newborn’s death want new trials

This says they filed for a new trial back in February, 2020. It doesn't say they were granted a new trial.

I'd read that they had applied to have a new trial but there was no information as to how long it would take for a decision to be made.

I'd read that they had applied to have a new trial but there was no information as to how long it would take for a decision to be made.

Yeah, that's all I could find too. I know that Ross Harris' appeal took a long time so it may be a while before we hear anything about this case.

I hope their request is denied! jmo

Yeah, that's all I could find too. I know that Ross Harris' appeal took a long time so it may be a while before we hear anything about this case.

I would imagine so. Considering the backlogs caused by covid19, it could be a very long wait for them to get into Court and that's only if the application is granted.

My goodness, McNabb is all sorts of crazy.

Psychologist claims during a visit with him at the jail, McNabb told her to look up from her computer where he was right near face behind the glass that separated them, in his turtle suit (garment for suicide risk inmates) and that he began masturbating TO COMPLETION.:eek:

McNabb Defends Himself: The turtle suits are very old, have been worn by many inmates over the years therefore the Velcro closure wouldn't properly stay shut. o_O

Something to note: he never denies asking her to look up, being inches from her face, nor why he requested that she look up from her computer at him in the first place. Also, no mention of what the "substance" could have been that the psychologist
"had mistaken" as being his ejaculatory fluid. :rolleyes:
EWWWWWW!!!!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member