Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it weird that on the Fort hood Twitter page they are replying to comments about investigating a particular person. They're replying to say that person has been thoroughly investigated.

MOO

If they’re replying “thoroughly investigated,” what does that mean? To me it just means they’ve investigated them very closely. It doesn’t mean that they didn’t have anything to do with it. It’s ambiguous.
Besides, we hear that people have been cleared or are cooperating, yada yada yada. A few days or weeks later, guess who has become the primary suspect. That’s right. Mr. Cooperative.
MOO

If they’re replying “thoroughly investigated,” what does that mean? To me it just means they’ve investigated them very closely. It doesn’t mean that they didn’t have anything to do with it. It’s ambiguous.
Besides, we hear that people have been cleared or are cooperating, yada yada yada. A few days or weeks later, guess who has become the primary suspect. That’s right. Mr. Cooperative.
MOO
It definitely seems iffy to me. I am VERY familiar with Ft. Hood and as a veteran GI this feels off. While I know sexual harassment exists in the military, I don't think this was just harassment. This feels very ominous to me...sadly.

My apologies for interrupting the discussion. Please.do not comment on this thread about donations. Click here if you have questions

Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

We need your help as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your wonderful generosity. Your donations have enabled Websleuths to continue operating!!!

However we still need more help to keep Websleuths operating.

Things are difficult for everyone and it pains me to have to ask but I want make sure Websleuths does not go dark.

If you have already donated I feel once is plenty!

If by chance you are just finding out that Websleuths needs help and you are able to make a donation we would really appreciate it. (people have told me in the past they had no idea WS needed help so I am putting this post in more places on the forum)

If you can make any donation, no matter how small, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here is our PayPal link. Pay Websleuths.com, LLC using PayPal.Me

You can join our Patreon channel for as low as 5 dollars a month
www.patreon.com/websleuthsradiopodcast

Many people have suggested we start charging people membership fees.
CLICK HERE for the explanation as to why this cannot happen at Websleuths.

PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A DONATION UNLESS YOU CAN TRULY AFFORD TO DO SO!!!

Websleuths is my full-time job. I love being a part of such an amazing community and feel very fortunate that I am able to combine my passion with my job.

On behalf of all the mods, admins, and all other wonderful volunteers on Websleuths thank you.

Sincerely,
Tricia Griffith
Owner, Websleuths.com
PS below is my email feel free to write with any questions.
triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

It definitely seems iffy to me. I am VERY familiar with Ft. Hood and as a veteran GI this feels off. While I know sexual harassment exists in the military, I don't think this was just harassment. This feels very ominous to me...sadly.

Can you sketch out for us, how one disappears in broad daylight, at 1 pm on a military base.

Because this isn't someone who went for a quick jog early in the evening before curfew.

Vanessa is all over local news today. I was listening while getting ready for work. This is great. Hopefully we will have a breakthrough.

One thing is for sure - it has nothing to do with human trafficking - Vanessa's mentality is not matching usual victims. It is one of people she knows.

I have to say though - those recently released CCTV footage from local taqueria. Vanessa looks totally different from all photos that are used on the media. I do not think they are using recent photos. If I would meet her in taqueria, I would not recognize Vanessa comparing to known public images.

KXXV just said that Fort Hood wanted to meet with the family. The lawyer was the spokesman. Vanessa has not been found. The family continues to be unhappy with the investigation and suggested several steps, such as phone records. I don't know why they are not posting the story on their website or SM.
BBM:

With all due respect to her family, it's beyond ludicrous for them to "suggest" steps like that at this point.

As @MassGuy pointed out previously, this would have been one of the first things that LE did.

This ain't CID or the FBI's first rodeo.

I understand the family is frightened.
I understand the family is frustrated.
I understand the family desperately wants answers related to her disappearance.

But feelings aren't facts.

Here's the bottom line:

This is an active investigation.
The family is NOT entitled to know anything about what evidence, leads, or other case-related activities LE is pursuing at this time.

LE cannot and will not release any info that could potentially jeopardize either the investigation itself, OR a future criminal prosecution of the person responsible for causing her disappearance.

Her family is trying to advocate for VG, which is great.
They need to find more constructive ways to do it, though.
Criticizing LE isn't going to do anything to help find VG.

Not a fan of that tactic.

JMO.

Last edited:
Vanessa is all over local news today. I was listening while getting ready for work. This is great. Hopefully we will have a breakthrough.

One thing is for sure - it has nothing to do with human trafficking - Vanessa's mentality is not matching usual victims. It is one of people she knows.

I have to say though - those recently released CCTV footage from local taqueria. Vanessa looks totally different from all photos that are used on the media. I do not think they are using recent photos. If I would meet her in taqueria, I would not recognize Vanessa comparing to known public images.

Hi are these CCTV pics posted anywhere?

I understand you can submit tips anonymously through the family website but who reads them?
The entire family? The attorney? The website administrator and his family?
I've never received a straight answer. Imagine information being leaked to the public...what a mess.

Skeletal remains of body found by police near Killeen in Fort Hood

SABBM:
KILLEEN, Texas (KTRK) -- Detectives found skeletal remains in Fort Hood on Friday morning, said Killeen Police Department.

Investigators started a K-9 search after they were alerted about a body found near Killeen.

Police said the body was found in a field near the 3200 block of Florence Road.

I haven't mapped this location yet, but if the remains were in fact located in Fort Hood, we know there are currently 2 missing soldiers.

I've seen both Killeen and Fort Hood reported in articles as being the location where they were found, so who knows which is accurate.

I'm wondering just how skeletonized the remains are that were discovered.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members