Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skeletal remains of body found by police near Killeen in Fort Hood

SABBM:
KILLEEN, Texas (KTRK) -- Detectives found skeletal remains in Fort Hood on Friday morning, said Killeen Police Department.

Investigators started a K-9 search after they were alerted about a body found near Killeen.

Police said the body was found in a field near the 3200 block of Florence Road.

I haven't mapped this location yet, but if the remains were in fact located in Fort Hood, we know there are currently 2 missing soldiers.

I've seen both Killeen and Fort Hood reported in articles as being the location where they were found, so who knows which is accurate.

I'm wondering just how skeletonized the remains are that were discovered.

JMO.

Who is the other missing soldier?

I find it interesting that they found this body so soon after they finally decided to investigate Vanessa‘s disappearance properly. If the family hadn’t put the extra pressure on I doubt there would be much going on.

MOO

I find it interesting that they found this body so soon after they finally decided to investigate Vanessa‘s disappearance properly. If the family hadn’t put the extra pressure on I doubt there would be much going on.

MOO

BBM:

Vanessa Guillen isn't the only Ft. Hood soldier currently missing

As Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen's disappearance nears two months, Army officials are trying to dispel social media rumors linking the Houston-area private to another soldier who went missing last August.

According to military officials, Pvt. Gregory Morales was last seen driving his 2018 black KIA Rio outside of the army base on Aug. 19, 2019. His last known contact was the following day.

MOO
They received tip. But yeah. Media adds pressure and someone talks.

BBM:

With all due respect to her family, it's beyond ludicrous for them to "suggest" steps like that at this point.

As @MassGuy pointed out previously, this would have been one of the first things that LE did.

This ain't CID or the FBI's first rodeo.

I understand the family is frightened.
I understand the family is frustrated.
I understand the family desperately wants answers related to her disappearance.

But feelings aren't facts.

Here's the bottom line:

This is an active investigation.
The family is NOT entitled to know anything about what evidence, leads, or other case-related activities LE is pursuing at this time.

LE cannot and will not release any info that could potentially jeopardize either the investigation itself, OR a future criminal prosecution of the person responsible for causing her disappearance.

Her family is trying to advocate for VG, which is great.
They need to find more constructive ways to do it, though.
Criticizing LE isn't going to do anything to help find VG.

Not a fan of that tactic.

JMO.

I know. Their desperation breaks my heart, and I feel for them, I really do. I hope they get some re-assurances. I wish they would read here to understand some of what you shared and what @Angleterre was kind enough to share with us regarding her personal experience.

I just read the news about the skeletal remains being found. As always, mixed feelings. Sadness but satisfaction in that if it is her, it's one step closer to her family getting the answers they need and hopefully the justice they deserve.

Now I want to know the tip! Was it in regards to Vanessa or more of, hey I saw something that like looks like human bones over here. I know we won’t get those answers now, but I wonder nonetheless!

Waiting not so patiently, must be agony for her family.

And a few high profile people interested IMO
WACO, Texas (KWTX) - Actress Salma Hayek on Thursday shared a photo of missing Fort Hood soldier Vanessa Guillen on her Instagram account.

Actress Salma Hayek raising awareness about missing Fort Hood soldier

Baby Bash says he'll add $5,000 to reward in search for missing soldier Vanessa Guillen

Houston rapper Baby Bash vowed to add $5,000 to the reward for information on Guillen in a Facebook announcement on Saturday.

I just read an article about the skeletal remains found in Killeen. I also saw that it is not believed to be Vanessa. It will take longer than one day to determine who this is through dental records or distinguishing marks/tattoos, if any. That is, if the remains are completely skeletonized.

I wonder if there was any clothing on or near the remains. Male or female clothing? Whatever clothing Vanessa would have been wearing would not have disintegrated this soon. There would also still be hair. As long as Vanessa has not been found there is still hope that she may still be alive somewhere.

I still say that CID needs to talk to or find out who took that short video of Vanessa lifting weights. Vanessa should have had a 'spotter' when attempting to lift the size weights in that video. I've kept looking for that video and cannot find it again. A gym is a good stalking place. My granddaughter lifted weights at the gym on post as well as the gym in either Killeen or Belton. Guys were always hitting on her when her husband could not be there. They lived in Killeen.

This whole thing makes me sick as well as angry. I actually felt nauseated when I read about remains being found.

An aside: I owned a white jeep just like the one Vanessa drove shown in the video of her driving up to the restaurant. Mine was a Jeep Commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288