Found Deceased CA - Erika Lloyd, 37, car found vandalized near Twentynine Palms & Joshua Tree NP, 14 June 2020

tiapoodle

Reaction score
MISSING WOMAN’S CAR FOUND EAST OF TWENTYNINE PALMS | Z107.7
MISSING WOMAN’S CAR FOUND EAST OF TWENTYNINE PALMS | Z107.7 FM

The Sheriff’s Department is asking for the public’s help in finding a missing Walnut Creek woman whose 2006 black Honda Accord was found abandoned and vandalized in Twentynine Palms

NOTE Sorry I forgot to add the date in the title, first time posting but wanted to get word out, I'm local to 29 Palms.

0618_Lloyd_missing_poster.jpg

That is very scary. From what I'm reading her car is vandalized, but if someone did that why come back and move the car to the desert? Was there a plan to set it on fire to hide evidence? Not well planned if that's the case. I hope LE checks for blood etc inside the car. IMO

Deputies search for missing Walnut Creek woman

Deputies search for missing Walnut Creek woman

"TWENTYNINE PALMS — Deputies are looking, on the ground and from the air, for Erika Ashley Lloyd, a 37-year-old Walnut Creek resident who was reported missing on Wednesday, June 17.

Her vehicle was located abandoned near Twentynine Palms Highway in the Twentynine Palms area on Tuesday, June 16." [....]

Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to contact the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Morongo Basin Station at the (760) 366-4175.

Car of missing Walnut Creek woman found in Southern California

Erika Lloyd, 37, has not been seen or heard from for five days. Her car was found abandoned and vandalized in Southern California.

The car was located near State Route 62 and Shelton Road, near Twentynine Palms and Joshua Tree National Park. Twentynine Palms is a city in San Bernardino County.

Erika Lloyd, 37, talked to her parents on the East Coast in the morning of Monday, June 15. According to Lloyd’s sister-in-law Jenna Lloyd, Erika was very stressed about the coronavirus and the quarantine and was going to go camping for a few days to “unplug,” despite the fact that she is not an experienced camper.

Park rangers found Erika’s car vandalized Monday at Indian Cove campground in Joshua Tree National Park. Lloyd said the windows and windshields had been broken, and the dashboard inside had been beaten. Rangers left a note on the car noting the damage; when they checked back Monday night, the car was gone.

On Tuesday, a CHP officer found the beat-up car on Shelton Road, east of Twentynine Palms, facing the highway, and had it towed.
MISSING WOMAN’S CAR FOUND EAST OF TWENTYNINE PALMS | Z107.7 FM

“The dash board had been beaten”
Very strange.
Based on various cases I’ve followed here, I’m starting to think Joshua Tree has some curse.

This isn’t sounding good at all. Let’s hope against the odds this gal pops up unaware of the concern.

amateur opinion and speculation

“We hope that she's going to be found at a camp site and she's just, 'oh I was just taking some time for myself,’” said her friend Carissa Manzo.

Lloyd had been keeping in regular contact with them and her family while she was away.

But that communication stopped this Sunday.

“She's a little bit eclectic, but in the best ways,” said friend Rebecca Malone. “She's got eyes that depending on what she wears can either look really blue or depending on what she wears they can look greenish blue.”

Lloyd’s parents have flown from Maryland to Southern California to help with the search.

“Just keep your eyes peeled for the girl with the pretty blue eyes and the nice smile,” said Malone.

Search Continues for Missing Walnut Creek Woman

Last edited:
Joshua Tree national Park Joshua Tree National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Very odd for someone who isn't an avid camper to go there. Maybe she hiked there but stayed at a local hotel?
The broken dashboard makes me think they were looking for something or just stupid vandalism which brings be back to why move the car? IMO

Twentynine palms Welcome to Twentynine Palms

Anyone here good at making a map?

This is frightening. Not that it matters but I was wondering what made Erika choose JTNP. It's about a 7 1/2 hour drive, when there are fabulous camping areas and national parks closer to her home. Plus So Cal has a heat advisory at the moment.
I fear she was abducted, and hope I am wrong.
Was any camping gear retrieved....from either a site or from the car?

This is frightening. Not that it matters but I was wondering what made Erika choose JTNP. It's about a 7 1/2 hour drive, when there are fabulous camping areas and national parks closer to her home. Plus So Cal has a heat advisory at the moment.
I fear she was abducted, and hope I am wrong.
Was any camping gear retrieved....from either a site or from the car?
I don't know. Remoteness? Star gazing? Or maybe she was never there. Just because her car was found there...is there any evidence that she herself was in that area or headed that way...or left the car there? I know that would mean her car was moved twice. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back