GA - Rayshard Brooks, 27, fatally shot by Police, Wendy’s lot, Atlanta, 12 Jun 2020 #2

SBM

You're confusing me here, OBE.

I thought the defendant will only be allowed to answer questions that the prosecution asks in the GJ hearing.

Are you saying he will be given the opportunity to lay out his version of what happened, second by second?

I apologize for any confusion. If he testifies I'm sure the DA will ask him questions which may let him explain what was in his mind at the time.

Also the grand jurors are allowed to ask their questions of any witness called to testify. Imo it would make logical sense when asked certain questions by either the DA or jurors he would be able to answer all questions explaining what happened according to him, and whathis state of mind was at the time causing him to do certain things.

Imo it will be similiar as to when Officer Wilson willingly testified truthfully in his grand jury in Ferguson. He was able to tell the jury what transpired, and why he felt the shooting of Mike Brown was justified.

That is if OR decides to testify. He may not.

Jmho

Last edited:
I'm confused.

Was Mr. Brooks on probation -- meaning living in the community with limits, generally after a misdemeanor conviction;

or on parole, meaning early physical release from a state Department of Corrections generally after serving some time in prison after a felony conviction?

I thought his record indicated parole, indicating that he would be returned to state prison if found in violation of his parole.

DUI is likely a violation of either status, of course.

YMMV LRR JMHO

That is a great point and needs to be clarified. I have seen both listed in various articles. I believe there were a couple of felonies listed on his Clayton Co record but the document regarding him going from one state to another stated a violation of probation. I mistakenly typed parole because I was interrupted midway through my post and wasn’t paying attention. I can’t go back and change it now, unfortunately. I apologize.

I read that he had been let out along with others due to the Covid situation.

Let out from where, exactly? A municipal or county jail -- implying probation, or a state prison, implying parole?

Prison, implying parole and a convicted felon assaulting law officers and stealing a weapon....

Mr. Brooks was convicted of unlawful imprisonment and cruelty to a child, IIRC.

A tazer could have been a tool useful to Mr. Brooks in committing either of those crimes.

In Atlanta, a tazer is lethal -- some of the time.

JMHO YMMV LRR

I apologize for any confusion. If he testifies I'm sure the DA will ask him questions which may let him explain what was in his mind at the time.

Also the grand jurors are allowed to ask their questions of any witness called to testify. Imo it would make logical sense when asked certain questions by either the DA or jurors he would be able to answer all questions explaining what happened according to him, and whathis state of mind was at the time causing him to do certain things.

Imo it will be similiar as to when Officer Wilson willingly testified truthfully in his grand jury in Ferguson. He was able to tell the jury what transpired, and why he felt the shooting of Mike Brown was justified.

That is if OR decides to testify. He may not.

Jmho
A clever prosecutor would never allow Rolfe to explain what was on his mind by asking an open ended question.
A smart prosecutor would lean towards asking leading questions with yes or no answers knowing what the answer will be in advance in order to sway the jury before he even asks.
For example, He may ask a question like this...
"Mr. Rolfe" ( addressing him as that to remind the jury that Rolfe is no longer an "officer" because he was fired) Yes or no, when you discharged your service weapon, was it your intention to shoot Mr. Brooks?"
The jury on the other hand may ask open ended questions that would let Rolfe explain more in detail.
So, maybe something like this...
"Mr. Rolfe, Tell us why you fired your service revolver."

I thought he was just dropped of at his car by his GF and then just got in the Wendy's Drive thru queue then fell asleep so what driving did he actually do?
He told the officer his girlfriend dropped him off at Wendy's because the rental car ( he had been driving earlier in the day) was parked there. He was lying. He drove the car to Wendy's and got in the drive through line and IMO wasn't sleeping but passed out when the police got there. He passed out again while police were there. The person who called 911 was the one who said he was sleeping. He drove the car to a parking spot in front of the police. He said he didn't know how the car got in the drive through line, another lie.

I believe the highest rate of homicides we have experienced was in the 90s. Iirc, over 18K homicides in one year alone.

I had hope that overall homicide rates would continue to decline like they have in the past 6 years, but now I'm not sure if it will stay declined or we will see a spike in overall homicides, and other violent crimes in general.

Just think about how many very serious violent felonies have been committed in the past few weeks, and even scarier, it is done for all the world to see. Talk about bold criminals. Omg it's been mind boggling like something we would only witness in third world countries, but it isn't. Its right here on our once safe streets.

Now areas are being taken over, and the police have been run out of their own precincts. Now from what I read today there was a murder in one of those seized areas of Seattle, and they wont allow the police in even though someone has been murdered, and the murderer is being protected. There may have been others shot too. So these anarchists will even murder their own, and then protect the murderer from being arrested. It shows how insane we've let our country become.

I wouldn't have ever dreamed of the police not being able to go into any murder scene!!! But it's now become our new reality.

So I believe this year we will see violent crimes soar.

What will be even more surreal is many of the violent offenders will never be held accountable which will embolden them even more to carryout other violent crimes. Why? Because the ones who keeps the peace, and law and order are being prevented from doing their job which is to protect us, and are the ones we count on to bring the criminals to justice. When the lawless has officials being their facilitators, and supporters this insanity will continue.

It's like we have spiraled down in the pits of Hell with no end in sight.

Imoo

ITA. This is lawlessness beyond insanity.
Why hasn’t the National Guard been called in? I have never heard a good answer to that question.

Thanks for the update. According to CNN, police are investigating whether Natalie White (arson suspect) knew RB or was even his gf.

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

Natalie White is the name that Brooks repeatedly gave to the officers as the name of the girlfriend that dropped him off at the Wendy’s. You can hear/see on the bodycam video of him talking to the officers. Randy Travis of Fox5 news also made reference Brooks referring to her as his girlfriend on his Fox5 FB page. This is not the woman that is referred to as his wife and the mother of his children.

In the video, RB mentioned his girlfriend was at a motel but didn't say what her name was and the police officers never asked.

He does...it is around the time he is talking about having a daiquiri. The officer questions “not a margarita” because Brooks originally said a margarita. Brooks replies that he had a daiquiri and then says “with Natalie White”. I will see if I can find the time market for it.

He does...it is around the time he is talking about having a daiquiri. The officer questions “not a margarita” because Brooks originally said a margarita. Brooks replies that he had a daiquiri and then says “with Natalie White”. I will see if I can find the time market for it.
Oh I am sorry, I must have missed that part. I watched two different videos and didn't hear him say her name. I did hear him say his girlfriend was at a motel and he referred to her as babe when he told the officer he called his girlfriend and asked her if she wanted a number 1 or 2 on the menu.

Oh I am sorry, I must have missed that part. I watched two different videos and didn't hear him say her name. I did hear him say his girlfriend was at a motel and he referred to her as babe when he told the officer he called his girlfriend and asked her if she wanted a number 1 or 2 on the menu.

It gets confusing because there are a few videos. This is the one where I heard it. It is around right around the 35:05 time mark. I believe is speaking to Officer Rolf.

Wow!

That is very interesting isn't it?

Jmho

ITA. This is lawlessness beyond insanity.
Why hasn’t the National Guard been called in? I have never heard a good answer to that question.

Yes it is way beyond insanity.

Because the mayor has no good answer. She said this area is like a summer of love. I guess that means she doesnt care that one 19 year old has been murdered there, and another one in critical condition.

The police did try to go in to investigate, but were pelted with bricks, and rocks by the anarchists, and some are armed with firearms. So this means the murderer is still there being protected, and evidently the mayor doesnt care about that either nor the governor.

Jmho

...and climate change. My son does not want children, so I do the aunty thing with my friends' kids.

Dumb question, but is getting drunk a violation of probation? If so, why didn't RB simply stay at home or wherever to drink? Why would he risk a DUI?
Yes, it is a probation of his violation. ESPECIALLY being drunk behind the wheel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back