GUILTY WA - Remains in bags, Alki Beach, Seattle, Jun 2020 - Jessica Lewis & Austin "Cash" Wenner *arrest*

With the bags discovered, wondering who might now be "Sleepless in Seattle"?
https://www.travelchannel.com/desti...ticles/sleepless-in-seattle-filming-locations
''Get nostalgic over favorite moments from one the most popular romantic comedies of the 90s as you explore movie locations across Seattle.''
Alki Beach
1533657851486.jpeg

Shutterstock/George Cole Photo
''Remember when Annie stealthily watches Sam play with Jonah on the beach before they speed away in their small motorboat? That was filmed on Alki Beach, a two-mile stretch that’s the closest beach to Seattle. Rent a kayak or stand-up paddleboard to enjoy the water or catch a few rays in summer from a beach chair. Alki Beach is easy to reach too thanks to a water taxi that departs from the Seattle Ferry Terminal.''

Anyone here with knowledge of how many bodies a standard suitcase would hold?
I'm hoping and preying it would only fit one.

Hopefully no-one here has tried and tested knowledge of that!

I've only seen a photo of the (small) suitcase the kids found, which wouldn't fit a whole adult body in. So, either a child, or body parts.

I saw the TikTok video this morning and I couldn’t stop thinking about this all day. My initial thought from the video is that the suitcase could not have been in the water that long. Maybe a few days at the max. The bags were much too intact. And it was either left on the beach or must have washed ashore long before the kids found it since it was completely dry. It also appears to be a small suitcase, so the victim is probably a small-framed woman. With that in mind I did some sleuthing and found a woman who went missing in Seattle this month. Nia Thy-Jae Cordell; last heard from on June 8th. She is a small indigenous woman. Looks like she was visiting the area with a male friend or family member. I think it might be her, but hopefully for her family’s sake, I’m wrong.

I live right up the hill from this beach so am disturbed by this story. I cannot figure out why teenagers would wait for the police to show for 3-4 hours for a smelly suitcase for which they do not know the contents of. In any case, I'm glad they did. The suitcase and the bag were found close together, if I understand correctly ...which is a telling point, I think. Had they been in the water for long the two items would have separated. The beach is heavily populated, little less so with the recent quarantine that is starting to release us from our homes; so the bags couldn't have been there for long, or it would have been reported previously. There are no cameras at the marinas that I am aware. I want more information on the boater who did not want help the night before and the App that took them to that spot. Kind of a ouija board type app? How long would it take before body parts start to smell badly under water? A few days? FOLLOWUP: What investigators are, and aren't, saying about the human remains found off Alki Avenue

As I understand it, they found the suitcase at low tide, and then high tide washed the bag out of the suitcase and into the water. (This from the TikTok accounts of the kids who found the suitcase.)

The Randonautica app is interesting, honestly- at first I assumed it was something like geocaching, but no- it's randomly generated geographic points within a set radius of your location. You're encouraged to keep an intent in mind of what you would like to find, but you don't put it in the app itself, just hold it in your thoughts. The numbers themselves are generated by the Australian National University quantum random numbers server, in real-time in the lab “by measuring the quantum fluctuations of the vacuum," and the hypothesis is that human consciousness affects coincidence. So you could have the intention of "hope" or "a cat" or "something cool" or, yes, "something scary".

The kids said their intent was "travel", and I thiiiink the app actually took them to a point in the water- so they got as close as they could, and then their attention was caught by the suitcase (suitcase = travel?)

16 May 2020
‘Randonauts’ have found a great way to spice up lockdown walks | WIRED UK
''Thousands of people are using the Randonautica app to tell them where to go during lockdown – and they’re spotting some weird coincidences''

''The app encourages users to set a personal intention before visiting a location, in the hopes of uncovering ‘synchronicities,’ coincidences or occurrences outside usual patterns of experience. These experiences are then documented on the community’s various online forums.

For example, one person set out with the intention of ‘seeing something unexplainable’ and stumbled across an empty armchair in a field, while another asked for guidance and ended up at an abandoned mirror telling them IT IS YOUR TIME.''

Wow just wow, this is an incredible story and thorough article. Thanks for posting, a must read, moo.
O/t
One of my favorites, saw this years ago and it really piqued my interest in "sleuthing" after the private detective spotted the slight difficulty the perp had pulling the suitcase over the elevator lip.
As demonstrated early on in this 20/20 trailer..
(Not on tonight, older link)
Video: 'The Woman in the Suitcase' - a 2-Hour 20/20 Event - Tonight at 9/8c on ABC

16 May 2020
‘Randonauts’ have found a great way to spice up lockdown walks | WIRED UK
''Thousands of people are using the Randonautica app to tell them where to go during lockdown – and they’re spotting some weird coincidences''

''The app encourages users to set a personal intention before visiting a location, in the hopes of uncovering ‘synchronicities,’ coincidences or occurrences outside usual patterns of experience. These experiences are then documented on the community’s various online forums.

For example, one person set out with the intention of ‘seeing something unexplainable’ and stumbled across an empty armchair in a field, while another asked for guidance and ended up at an abandoned mirror telling them IT IS YOUR TIME.''
Yep, creepy af

Another randonauter found a suitcase on June 18th. She tweeted about it and then said she's not legally allowed to discuss what was inside it. I think she's in Ireland. Note this is a day before the Alki suitcase thing, so she wasn't trying to copycat when she first posted about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back