OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy's hearing beginning, sound is on. Our favorite courtroom video guy just did a long close up of his scorpion tattoo.

Judge Deering doing intro. Prosecution will be adding a special prosecutor. Junk is explaining the change w/ Yost's office pulling out of the trial, leaving it to Pike County prosecutor. Shouldn't change anything or create a delay. Still have access to special prosecutor and BCI.

AC talks about March meeting, stating they all needed 10 terabyte hard drives. They provided them, she compared to mirrored data from defense attorneys and confirmed it was the same stuff in the master files. 20 folders less on their hard drives, but the data was still there (maybe compressed?). March 13 additional discovery provided. All identical files. She's still going to the shared drive (didn't have access for last 30 days) so she's asking until end of August to complete studying what is in the shared drive.

Defense bond motion for Billy. Scheduled a Bond hearing on Aug 6 at 1:30 pm, referring to as status conference as well. Defense says they may ask for a delay - they're talking about calling witnesses.

Defense still making false claims about delays in discovery. All delays have been on their part.

Bringing in more consultants who can study about "searchable databases" - same BS trying to use technical jargon to confuse potential jurors and continue to delay the trial. JMO. Dude, any computerized evidence databases are searchable in criminal trials, except maybe in Mayberry. Government putting them on notice for 404 B evidence. Sept. 8 for an evidentiary hearing. Prosecution says that language is standard language used on all of these. It's boilerplate language but they're using it for a delay.

Billy is acting like he has a little attitude, JMO. Cuz he's been wronged, I suppose. :rolleyes: JMO

Once again, I didn't see Fred Wagner or anyone from the non-imprisoned Wagner family. Did anyone else see them?

ETA: In both hearings today, the defense was being very "defensive" about the fact these trials have been dragging on so long. Of course, we all know the defense teams are dragging it out by making the discovery process difficult. They've tried on numerous occasions to use these pretrial hearings to stage mini-trials with witnesses, etc., much to the judge's consternation. They keep trying to force selective information and arguments into the news media to slant coverage in their favor. They've delayed and messed up the exchange of discovery evidence, delaying getting hard drives to AC then sending the wrong ones sometimes. They've caught media criticism recently for these delays, so now they're trying to accuse the prosecution. I mean who takes the term "searchable database" in relation to computerized evidence files and tries to turn it into something corrupt and controversial. Really?

These guys are the reason lawyers (undeservedly) have a bad name. But I guess if I were the kind of person who went out and murdered 8 innocent people in their sleep, they're the kind of lawyers I would want.

BBM

EDIT:

"I can't make sense of this convoluted hearing and I am not referring to Betty's synopsis, her synopsis is the only clear thing about it. Appreciate it Betty."

@Betty P could you explain this to me? Your quote:

"I mean who takes the term "searchable database" in relation to computerized evidence files and tries to turn it into something corrupt and controversial. Really? "

Thankx

Last edited:
BBM

I couldn't make hide nor hair of this convoluted mess....

@Betty P could you explain this to me? Your quote:

"I mean who takes the term "searchable database" in relation to computerized evidence files and tries to turn it into something corrupt and controversial. Really? "

Thankx
It was a live transcription as the hearing was going on. Jake's was a long and busy hearing today with a lot of new information, new players. As others pointed out, it was also difficult to hear many of the speakers. I had multiple interruptions as I was watching.

If my running commentary is too convoluted for you, please don't bother reading it. Just wait until the video of the hearing is posted on You Tube or other social media and watch it.

I have a couple of meetings to attend this evening, so will view a replay tomorrow.

ETA: My quote above is self-explanatory and JMO.

It was a live transcription as the hearing was going on. Jake's was a long and busy hearing today with a lot of new information, new players. As others pointed out, it was also difficult to hear many of the speakers. I had multiple interruptions as I was watching.

If my running commentary is too convoluted for you, please don't bother reading it. Just wait until the video of the hearing is posted on You Tube or other social media and watch it.

I have a couple of meetings to attend this evening, so will view a replay tomorrow.

ETA: My quote above is self-explanatory and JMO.
@Betty P I meant that the hearing is a convoluted mess not your synopsis. Your very good at explaining the hearings. I would never criticize your hard work at trying to post about the hearings in real time. I think you do an incredible job. I always look forward to what you say about the hearings and have been doing so since November 13, 2018.

I edited my previous post to you to reflect this:

EDIT:

"I can't make sense of this convoluted hearing and I am not referring to Betty's synopsis, her synopsis is the only clear thing about it. Appreciate it Betty."

Last edited:
If anyone knows who does the courtroom audio setup,Tell them there is a mike system out now that will fix the problem. It is a "POLY-COMM Sound Structure" mike system. It uses digital signal processing to null feedback and to a multiple mike mix without interaction.
SoundStructure C Series - Installed Audio Solutions for Large Boardrooms
They will probably provide a free demo in the court room and set it up.
Since this is the biggest trial in Ohio History, I suppose the AG would fund it.
I don't envy the person that has to set up an audio feed at that courthouse. Back in 1861 when the courthouse was built, I can't imagine it was designed for acoustics.
Heck, at that point I don't even think it had electricity!

Angenette Levy@

Verified reporter at WKRC Cincinnati (consistently reporting on the Wagner hearings and previous searches).

Andy Wilson, former Clark Co. Prosecutor and Senior Advisor for Criminal Justice Policy for
@GovMikeDeWine
is joining the prosecution team now that
@OhioAG
has withdrawn from Rhoden homicide case. So, Dewine, who was AG when case began, has loaned out an advisor.

Replying to
@Angenette5

Prosecution team now comprised of Pike Co. Prosecutor Rob Junk, Angie Canepa and Andy Wilson.

Replying to
@Angenette5

Way too many “snags” in this case.

Twitter - PHOTO - Billy Wagner appears in court wearing a yellow mask in the era of COVID-19 on June 22, 2020.

Last edited:
Jake (Edward Jacob Wagner)

Updated Docket - hearing from June 22nd 2020:

06/22/2020 OMNIBUS IDENTIFICATION OF DISCOVERY PROVIDED FILED COPIES FILED RETD TO COUNSEL Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF BALLISTICS EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS (MOTION 47) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF SHOEPRINT EVIDENCE AND OPINIONS (MOTION 48) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF (MOTION 49) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 STATE'S MEMORANDUM CONTRA DEFENDANT'S MOTION IN LIMINE REQUESTING A PRETRIAL EVIDENTIARY HEARING TO DETERMINE THE ADMISSIBILITY OF ANY NON-TESTIFYING CO-DEFENDANT STATEMENTS THE STATE INTENDS TO PRESENT IN ITS CASE IN CHIEF (MOTION 50) FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 ENTRY--THE MOTION FILED BY THE STATE OF OHIO, THROUGH THE OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL, REQUESTING TO WITHDRAW THE APPEARANCE OF THE ATTORNEY OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AS COUNSEL OF RECORD IS WELL-TAKEN. THE COURT HEREBY GRANTS THE MOTION TO WITHDRAW APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL FILED BY THE OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. FILED AND MAILED COPIES CDB

Last edited:
Billy (George Washington Wagner III)

Updated Docket - hearing from June 22nd 2020:

06/22/2020 OMNIBUS IDENTIFICATION OF DISCOVERY PROVIDED FILED COPIES FILED RTD TO COUNSEL Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

6/22/2020 MOTION OF THE STATE OF OHIO IN A CAPITAL CASE AND PURSUANT TO STATUTE TO HOLD THE DEFENDANT WITHOUT BAIL FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

06/22/2020 ENTRY--THE MOTION FILED BY THE STATE OF OHIO, THROUGH THE OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL, REQUESTING TO WITHDRAW THE APPEARANCE OF THE ATTORNEY OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE AS COUNSEL OF RECORD IS WELL-TAKEN. THE COURT HEREBY GRANTS THE MOTION TO WITHDRAW APPEARANCE OF COUNSEL FILED B THE OHIO ATTORNEY GENERAL'S OFFICE. FILED AND MAILED COPIES CDB

Angenette Levy@

Verified reporter at WKRC Cincinnati (consistently reporting on the Wagner hearings and previous searches).

Andy Wilson, former Clark Co. Prosecutor and Senior Advisor for Criminal Justice Policy for
@GovMikeDeWine
is joining the prosecution team now that
@OhioAG
has withdrawn from Rhoden homicide case. So, Dewine, who was AG when case began, has loaned out an advisor.

Replying to
@Angenette5

Prosecution team now comprised of Pike Co. Prosecutor Rob Junk, Angie Canepa and Andy Wilson.

Replying to
@Angenette5

Way too many “snags” in this case.

Twitter - PHOTO - Billy Wagner appears in court wearing a yellow mask in the era of COVID-19 on June 22, 2020.

JMO, it looks like Billy's mask is homemade and has leather straps, but I could be wrong.

It is my opinion only, in thinking out loud:

Dewine is a staunch background supporter of Angie Canepa, Charlie Reader and others who he knows lives were changed forever from that day forward. Dewine said he would never give up on justice for these victims, and I believe this man. I believe David Yost is a huge disappointment to him, and to the State of Ohio. Especially where these murders are concerned. Yost has not cared from day one. Furthermore he took the earliest opportunity possible to side with the PC Co. commissioners and purposely leave Sheriff Reader out of a major photo shoot announcing funds pledged to try the Wagners. Choke, Puke! Yost is the biggest D of all. Just think on that for a while. ALL JMO

"O'Brien said there is no disagreement on the charges or evidence; she simply feels there are too many cooks in the kitchen for this case."

"The conflict is, comes in, when you’re talking about having the prosecutor’s office, the contractor for the prosecutor’s office and the Attorney General’s Office all trying to work on a case," said O'Brien.

56ebab6d8673d.jpeg

Live at WKRC

Two Wagner family members to return to Pike County court

Court stenographer is wearing a mask and there are bottles of hand santizer and kleenex tissue boxes at the tables and around the courtroom.

Someone is sitting in the visitors gallery, but can't tell who as they're wearing a long mask. Probably a reporter. There are 2 whiteboards on easels set up near the prosecution table.

The defense must already be in conference with the judge or client as there's a raincoat and briefcase at the defense table.

BBM

Two thing that have been speculated about on here for a long time have finally came out with linkable sources. Well now we have proof that Jake was guilty of domestic violence and that long debated fight between Billy and Chris actually happened.

I said all along that both were true and had occurred.

However, in a response to Wagner’s request, prosecutors wrote that the evidence proves the Wagners committed the murders. And, while the Wagners and the Rhodens had been close at one time, the relationship had soured. The prosecutors wrote that messages from Hanna Rhoden to other family members discussed violence she had endured from Jake Wagner. The prosecutors also referred to an incident a few weeks before the murders that Local 12 had reported on previously in which family members claimed Billy Wagner and Christopher Rhoden had been in a physical fight.

jmo

BBM

Two thing that have been speculated about on here for a long time have finally came out with linkable sources. Well now we have proof that Jake was guilty of domestic violence and that long debated fight between Billy and Chris actually happened.

I said all along that both were true and had occurred.

However, in a response to Wagner’s request, prosecutors wrote that the evidence proves the Wagners committed the murders. And, while the Wagners and the Rhodens had been close at one time, the relationship had soured. The prosecutors wrote that messages from Hanna Rhoden to other family members discussed violence she had endured from Jake Wagner. The prosecutors also referred to an incident a few weeks before the murders that Local 12 had reported on previously in which family members claimed Billy Wagner and Christopher Rhoden had been in a physical fight.

jmo

That poor family, poor Hanna what she had to endure. Only to have it end with the Wagners sneaking into their homes in the middle of the night like cowards to murder them. Hanna endured the abuse only to be murdered in cold blood as her 3 day old baby slept next to her.

What kind of animals do that?

O/T

Guys as much as I would like to I won't be posting as much about the trials. I have a lot to say about these new developments but I have some serious health problems that are causing me to be very weak and fatigued and requiring complete bed rest. I will be reading as much as I can but typing makes me very fatigued.

Sorry for off topic.

It is my opinion only, in thinking out loud:

Dewine is a staunch background supporter of Angie Canepa, Charlie Reader and others who he knows lives were changed forever from that day forward. Dewine said he would never give up on justice for these victims, and I believe this man. I believe David Yost is a huge disappointment to him, and to the State of Ohio. Especially where these murders are concerned. Yost has not cared from day one. Furthermore he took the earliest opportunity possible to side with the PC Co. commissioners and purposely leave Sheriff Reader out of a major photo shoot announcing funds pledged to try the Wagners. Choke, Puke! Yost is the biggest D of all. Just think on that for a while. ALL JMO

That's always been my gut feeling about Yost. Every morning when he looks in his bathroom mirror he thinks he sees the next governor of Ohio. :rolleyes: DeWine is no saint, either, but he did make a commitment to getting justice for the Rhoden family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea