Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point... I hope her Amish friends and family are interviewed. Who was with her at church? How did she get separated? Who has she been in contact with? I’m not pointing fingers at them, but their stories can lead to the much needed answers.

I wonder what this means. Would it be based on her being naive or too trusting, sad or sick? It almost sounds
like something said regarding potential for self-harm or illness.

I agree.

The description of her possibly being "at risk for harm or injury" definitely sounds like an oblique reference to an underlying health condition of some kind.

Based on that, I think one of the likelier scenario here may be that she suffered some type of medical event during her walk.

She may have become lost/disoriented on her way.

JMO.

I agree.

The description of her possibly being "at risk for harm or injury" definitely sounds like an oblique reference to an underlying health condition of some kind.
L

Based on that, I think one of the likelier scenario here may be that she suffered some type of medical event during her walk.

JMO.

if it was completely medically related , I think we would have heard her diagnosis. Thought if it’s mental illness related, we may not hear. If she suffered mental illness, suicide is a possibility
jmo (I’m assuming that means just my opinion, I’m new to this!)

I agree.

The description of her possibly being "at risk for harm or injury" definitely sounds like an oblique reference to an underlying health condition of some kind

JMO.

If it was completely medically related and not mental health (for example a planned suicide). They would have found her body on her normal path from church to her group.

Just to make sure I'm understanding:
She attended church and was on her way to youth group when she disappeared? She was walking alone? The entire youth group doesnt walk together or at least in several groups or pairs of friends etc?

Does Linda not have friends to walk with to youth group? How do her peers view her? Is she well liked? Keeps to herself?

Why did her parents not call police until Monday morning? Does she usually stay out all night on Sundays after Church? Or at least, has she before? Were they unable to get ahold of any friends they thought she may have been with and just assumed she was safe at someone else's home in their community? If this is unlike her, why not "ring the alarm" sooner?

There’s 55 plus sex offenders in the area, good place to start looking. One of which has the same last name she does. She looks much younger then 18 years old. That area is not a heavily traveled area, at least from what I can tell, looking at an online map. Lots of farms, spread far apart. I have a feeling this isn’t going to be good .

"She was walking home from church prior to going to her youth group when she went missing, a searcher told FOX43. She never showed up at the youth group.

So far, it’s unknown if she left willingly or unwillingly. Her parents told police it was out of character for her to leave without warning.

“There’s no real explainable reason why she would be missing,” said Lt. Matthew Hess of the East Lampeter Township Police Department.

Middlecreek Search and Rescue organized a search of the area, along with Bird-In-Hand and Ronks fire companies.

The majority of people in search crews, however, were area community members. Search crews spent all day searching ground and terrain.

Other volunteers brought food and water to help get searchers through the hot day, when temperatures went up to 89 degrees.

Several canine teams were also out, as well as a search drone.

Search operations were based at Hand-In-Hand Fire Company.

The search effort wrapped up at sundown, but may continue Tuesday.

“We don’t have any indication of criminal activity at this point in time,” Hess said. “We're just crossing all of our Ts and dotting all of our Is to try to figure out what might be going on.”

Search continues for 18-year-old woman in Lancaster County

The timeline and circumstances surrounding her disappearance still appear quite fuzzy to me.

Questions:
  • When and where was she last seen?
  • Who last saw/spoke to her?
  • What places her at risk of harm or injury?
  • When was she first reported missing to LE?
If there was a significant delay from the time she was last seen to the time she was reported missing, that raises a whole different set of concerns in my mind.

JMO.

Last edited:
To the best of my knowledge Linda works at the Broad Street Market in Harrisburg. From what I understand Linda works with her family at a stand in the farmers market. The Broad Street Market is open 3 or 4 days per week. It's a great place to shop. Linda could have run into anybody there.

The timeline and circumstances surrounding her disappearance still appear quite fuzzy to me.

Questions:
  • When and where was she last seen?
  • Who last saw/spoke to see her?
  • What places her at risk of harm or injury?
  • When was she first reported missing to LE?
If there was a significant delay in the time she was last seen and the time she was reported missing, that raises a whole different set of concerns in my mind.

JMO.
This! What led them to start searching at 8:30am today? Why wasn't anyone searching yesterday?

To the best of my knowledge Linda works at the Broad Street Market in Harrisburg. From what I understand Linda works with her family at a stand in the farmers market. The Broad Street Market is open 3 or 4 days per week. It's a great place to shop. Linda could have run into anybody there.
Interesting. Do you know what her family sells there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl