Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #43

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the idea about having a burner phone is you use them then discard/destroy them. Does LE have the actual phones? If they have the actual phones than they Chad & Co are really dumb. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Jmo

Just jumping off your post....

I don't find CD saying "fun times" as odd because I am very sarcastic and when relaying the bs that happens in my day to day life with my husband or best friends, I will sarcastically say things like fun fun, good times, and even fun times.

I am in no way defending CD but I do think it was just a smart@$$ remark not meaning he found the previous story he told TD to be fun, but more like a sarcastic comment to imply that it was actually a crappy event for him. And I definitely take TDs "good for you" as being annoyed or aggravated with him sarcasm.
I read somewhere that CD wanted to quit the publishing business for a while, but TD was the one who wanted hime to continue. I think it was she-who-shall-not-be-named, who also “predicted” TD’s death, who was talking with CD who said he was going to quit as soon as TD hurried up and died.

I thought the idea about having a burner phone is you use them then discard/destroy them. Does LE have the actual phones? If they have the actual phones than they Chad & Co are really dumb. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Jmo

After watching the Teresa Sievers case ....I think LE can redeem some ping info from burner phones.
These 3 were not that bright seeing that CD and AC phones pinged at the pet cemetery together !

moo

ETA: According to phone records, Wright's “burner phonepinged in Bonita Springs on June 28, 2015, close to the Sievers home, Simmons said.

Last edited:
From anamanunee Dec, 2019: "Tylee's father fought for custody for YEARS. Weeks after he was granted custody, Charles & Lori up & moved to Hawaii to "start a juice bar" & took Tylee with them. It was a very shady & spur of the moment departure."

Last night's Dateline added to this narrative by reporting that Lori had been ordered to pay Joe Ryan child support, and that's another reason she fled the state with Tylee. And then, of course, he died. Thank you, Diggdeeperstill, for bumping this original post from December!

I think the court documents for this have been shared here and I think she was she ordered to repay support that he paid — maybe equivalent to days she violated his custody?

This was when he sued her for “hiding Tylee” in 2006 and I’m sure if that’s the situation Lori would have characterized it as ‘being sued for child support....‘

I don't find CD saying "fun times" as odd because I am very sarcastic and when relaying the bs that happens in my day to day life with my husband or best friends, I will sarcastically say things like fun fun, good times, and even fun times.

I am in no way defending CD but I do think it was just a smart@$$ remark not meaning he found the previous story he told TD to be fun, but more like a sarcastic comment to imply that it was actually a crappy event for him. And I definitely take TDs "good for you" as being annoyed or aggravated with him sarcasm.
I read somewhere that CD wanted to quit the publishing business for a while, but TD was the one who wanted hime to continue. I think it was she-who-shall-not-be-named, who also “predicted” TD’s death, who was talking with CD who said he was going to quit as soon as TD hurried up and died.
https://twitter.com/DatelineNBCProd/status/1275251182965940225?s=19

Police found as many as 60 untraceable phones and said the group also used approximately 30 e-mail addresses. #dateline
But there was no “group.” Ok, sure.

MOO an odd use of language is the "debris limbs" possibly it is colloquial, but MOO the words "branches, cuttings, trimmings, old brush, pruning" are the normal words.

The funeral was in Utah though. Not sure how far away this is from Rexburg but I would be surprised if they drove all the way back to Rexburg for Lori's cookies and koolaid jmo
I believe I saw there was mention of a service in Idaho as well as Utah. Not sure if that was referenced by @RexburgSleuth or someone else.

Also Springville is only 4 hrs give or take depending on traffic. It would be possible to drive there and back in a day if you wanted.

All jmo

It's possible that Chad's text to Tammy about the raccoon was deleted and was only recovered later.

This is almost a certainty in regards to the text. Cellphone providers have either very short or no retention of SMS content so the retrieval would have come from the physical device.

Regardless, it just seemed odd to wait so long to even request such items.

I'm curious whether anyone here knows of or has reference to information regarding the use of a cadaver dog to pinpoint the location of the children's remains. I was made aware of the use of a dog but haven't mentioned it here because I understand I can't discuss information acquired in confidence unless it is verified. However, today I found reference in the Rexburg Standard Journal that reported a cadaver dog was observed on the property that Tuesday, confirming my own info. Of course, that would only make sense given that we know the GPS, as accurate as it is, still has about a 40-foot diameter error factor. I'm trying to gather as much info as possible on the forensic work done on the site and would be grateful if anyone has info regarding the activity with cadaver dogs at the scene. Thanks.

I am a few pages back so not sure if this got answered or not. If you go to the live video there is a handler in orange/red with a brown dog. You can see him in this snapshot. https://s3-assets.eastidahonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/09143304/police-in-yard.jpg

Did they really need 60 burner phones? MG previously mentioned that Lori had 3 phones and in January at a police station Lori mentioned using her mother's old phone after Charles had taken her purse. Was Alex still using his own phone during children's murders? Why would they need 30 email addresses? Was all this just to hide communication between Lori and Chad? What other operation was going on?
I assumed all of the email addresses were to activate the burner phones, similar to what is described here:
"An email address different from the one associated with your existing T-Mobile account."

I now think you are right. At one time I was concerned there was something much bigger going on involving a cult of preppers. I think Chad had a big following in the AVOW/prepper community at one point. But I think most of them are probably mostly sane, respectable people and ran for the hills once people started dying. But even now I would not be surprised to see a few more loyal followers come into the picture as accomplices in one way or another.

They will be looking for a new guy to coagulate around.

I wonder if any of the multiple phones and email accounts could have been fake accounts/people created to make their "movement" look bigger than it actually was. "Look at all these hits to our page!" "Look at all these new members!" It might've made it harder for one of their (very few) followers to voice doubts or questions, if it was implied there was an entire group who was totally on-board.

Janis Cox stated in an interview that Tylee's phone had been "confiscated",

Janis Cox: She told me … in — September … that she had confiscated Tylee's cell phone.

Janis and Summer say Lori didn't want Tylee to be tracked through her phone; she was always fearful of those who she said threatened her and the kids.

Summer Shiflet: She put her daughter first all the time. … she loves her daughter and her children. And … she always was, like, putting Tylee's … and JJ's needs ahead of her own.
Search for missing Idaho children reveals "no sign of life, no sign of death" - CBS News
Reading the exchange in hindsight is of course even more disturbing, but even at the time, it was terrifying how Janis could have thought it was in any way normal (this whole family is far from normal) to have a teenager's phone taken away for months at a time? A couple of days, or a week if the teen did something truly awful with the phone or SM, but beyond that would be emotional and psychological abuse IMO and certainly served to control and isolate Tylee even before her murder. Tylee truly was trapped in a nightmare for years. :(

Respectfully I get what you are saying and I mostly agree with you, but it isn't abnormal or emotional or psychological abuse to take a teenagers phone for longer than a couple of days or weeks. I have friends who still have landlines and do not allow their teenagers cell phones. There is still a school of thought that cell phones are detrimental to teens and children. Pediatricians mostly support this. That said, LVD wasn't doing it for those reasons. She was doing it for control. There is a difference, but it is an important difference to make, rather than just lumping everyone in with this crazy.

I should stop reading these statements. The audacity of Summer to write to following:
"I pray for healing for all who need it. Especially those who choose to lash out in anger over this. I pray for them especially, as I know when you are in pain from your own life circumstances, it is easy to act out in anger."
So I am furious that this was done to these babies only because my own life sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998