Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two men from Linda's community sitting by the phone during the day and night ..... Ready to answer should she call

84388976_113571037069301_8491565534490105461_o.jpg

Amish Girl Missing - Linda Stoltzfoos

Oh, my heart!

Two men from Linda's community sitting by the phone during the day and night ..... Ready to answer should she call

84388976_113571037069301_8491565534490105461_o.jpg

Amish Girl Missing - Linda Stoltzfoos
Another incredibly touching scene.

There's definitely much to be admired about the Amish community.

Makes a person sort of yearn for a simpler way of life, doesn't it?

JMO.

We don't have a lot of Amish where I am so forgive me for how very ignorant this is going to sound. How are the English generally seen? Are the English seen more as generally well-meaning people who believe kind of silly things and will hopefully get a clue one day, or is it more of an "ew, English unbelievers" kind of thing, or somewhere in between? I'm trying to get a picture in my head of how likely she might be to go to the English for help should she need it, or to take it if it were offered to her.

I worked in this area of Lancaster County for about 10 years, in a sales position calling on farms. I did develop relationship with a few Amish customers. We would go out together with our spouses for meals and socialize.

Some Amish see the English as just like them, others see the English as people to avoid, and some see the English as people to take advantage of. I have even met Amish who were very interested in politics, even though that is something they usually do not participate in.

Many, especially younger Amish, have cell phones. I had an Amish neighbor with a construction business, whose website was nicer than the business I worked for.

The area that Linda disappeared from is a very Amish area, lots of farms, Amish shops and businesses, and is not far from Route 30 and many of the popular Lancaster County attractions. One thing that worries me is some of those roads are narrow with very little shoulders. People have a tendency to drive fast on those back roads, making walking dangerous, especially depending on time of day.

Another possibility is Linda wanted to leave. It is not unheard of in the Amish community for the young to want to leave. As many as 90% of their young people stay, join the church, marry and raise their family Amish, but not all. When Amish youth leave, most times they tell very few and are helped by ex-Amish to leave. There have been books and at least 1 legitimate TV series about this. Below is the website of a girl who did leave and went on to write about her experience growing up Amish and leaving.

Runaway Amish Girl – The Life of an Ex-Amish Girl

As I said in a post above, abuse is hidden. I was once grabbed by an older Amish man. I had stopped for a sales call and he grabbed both my breasts while I was standing in his shop talking to him. I told him to let go of me before I dropped him on the ground and did serious damage to him as well as told his wife, who I could see in the kitchen not 30 feet from his shop. His excuse was he was just making sure I was a woman as I had such a short haircut. I have always wondered how many other woman he had grabbed or attempted to grab.

And then there is always human trafficking, sadly.

To hear their community singing for Linda so beautifully is just a gift for the heart and soul. Still praying for her, hoping something was captured on a camera somewhere to help find her. Or a satellite feed. If there is that airport nearby, do they have cameras?

I hate to even say this, but I think we should look into other possibilities other then a hit and run situation. I think LE needs to get ALL CCTV in the area, look into RSO's and also camping areas and motels. I really am not feeling she left on her own. I could very well be wrong but I think everyone needs to take into consideration that she was taken or a local foul play situation. Interview all friends to see if she mentioned being harassed by someone in the community or out. I know they are very humble and quiet and would probably not share personal info but it's time to start looking outside the box. ALL IMO

I’m not sure why my post was removed, but I posted screenshots about possible abductions/ suspicious vans in the area. This was all from Facebook. I don’t know it’s 100% true but I live in the area and it’s important to take extra precaution now. If I violated anything please let me know before removing my post.
Posts are not permitted from FB, nothing hearsay. Check in the upper right of your screen for the alert button, they usually do explain why.

I’m not sure why my post was removed, but I posted screenshots about possible abductions/ suspicious vans in the area. This was all from Facebook. I don’t know it’s 100% true but I live in the area and it’s important to take extra precaution now. If I violated anything please let me know before removing my post.

It's just against the rules to post stuff from Facebook, especially if you're not even sure it's true. Now you know.

I live local, it’s alarming information.
I get it, you probably know more then us, it's to deter rumors here. Honestly, I'm grateful for that ( although I have posted my own a few times) it keeps facts straight. Don't take it personal. If you share your own opinion, just put IMO ( in my opinion) after your post, but you can't bring other peoples opinions here.

I get it, you probably know more then us, it's to deter rumors here. Honestly, I'm grateful for that ( although I have posted my own a few times) it keeps facts straight. Don't take it personal. If you share your own opinion, just put IMO ( in my opinion) after your post, but you can't bring other peoples opinions here.
Thanks for sharing the lingo, still learning!

'No Reason To Believe That She Wanted To Leave,' Authorities Say About Amish Teen Who Vanished After Church Service

SABBM:

Pennsylvania police believe an Amish teenager who disappeared Sunday after a church service may be “at special risk of harm or injury.”

Noting here that LE has stated that LS may be "at special risk" of harm or injury.

This to me very clearly signals that there is some type of underlying condition that places LS at increased vulnerability.

It may be a physical condition, such as a seizure disorder.
It may be an intellectual or developmental disability.
It may be a mental health diagnosis.

But the fact that LE has used this language would seem to indicate that one of the more probable scenarios is that she experienced some type of issue related to her condition. She may have had a seizure. She may have wandered off and gotten confused/lost. She may have been drawn to the water.

Of course, the other possibility is that she is the victim of some type of foul play.
Stranger abduction is a possibility.
So is foul play by someone known to her.

I'm not seeing runaway as a likely scenario at all here.

Whatever the reason for her disappearance, time is not her friend.

Nor is it LEs.

Hoping and praying that she is located soon, and by soon here, I mean very soon.

JMO.

We don't have a lot of Amish where I am so forgive me for how very ignorant this is going to sound. How are the English generally seen? Are the English seen more as generally well-meaning people who believe kind of silly things and will hopefully get a clue one day, or is it more of an "ew, English unbelievers" kind of thing, or somewhere in between? I'm trying to get a picture in my head of how likely she might be to go to the English for help should she need it, or to take it if it were offered to her.
Erin, most of my neighbors are Amish and they often come for help with both little things and big. I drove one lady to a midwife during an ice storm, but I’ve also had Amish ladies come by to get herbs I grow, or just to visit. They also have visited me after I had an illness, and the schoolchildren come around on a big wagon before Christmas to sing. There’s a lot more interaction than you’d think. I think she’d definitely go to an English person if she’d needed help

What are the odds that she was abducted? And/or abducted for human trafficking versus someone in her community or the surrounding area having done something nefarious? And/or even leaving on her own accord?

I ask these questions because I don’t know the answers and am not well versed in these specific statistics but I am quite curious.
And I know that some of y’all old timers, Well Known Members (for real), and Little Known members as well as true crime fanatics know MUCH much more than I do. MOO.

This is pretty local to me and I teach at a small Mennonite school in Lancaster County. The communities (both the English and the Amish) get along very well from what I’ve seen and heard. As for the area being touristy, it definitely is- however with the Covid 19 precautions, tourism is definitely NOT where it would be during the summer. The Lancaster County/Hershey area draw HUGE numbers of people, but Hersheypark isn’t even open and Lancaster County is still in the “yellow” phase of reopening until Friday so many of the outlet stores are closed as well. So while I’m sure there are some tourists in the area, due to the circumstances there are far fewer than would normally be seen.

what a small world! I attended a small Mennonite school in Mount Joy, Pennsylvania!

I live in Chester County, about 30 minutes east of this area and know the road where she went missing. Like other roads in the area, they are rolling hills with narrow shoulders. I always get anxiety when we drive through that area watching the young kids walking and riding scooters on the shoulder. We try to drive slow and enjoy the beautiful countryside but even with light traffic, we are often passed by impatient drivers. I worry she could have been struck by a car or truck and thrown some distance off the road. Sunday is not a big day for tourists because most of the Amish owned stores and restaurants are closed on Sundays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23