The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE:

Okay, please stop with the tabloid type opinion articles and stick to news via MSM. Of the umpteen negative, nasty opinion articles there will be umpteen positive articles to offset. It's simply not productive and has dragged this thread down to the level of basically contentious, rag-mag gossip and nonsense.

Yes, DM is allowed as an MSM source for news, but not for opinion articles. Who really care what Piers Morgan or Lady Campbell, etc. think of MM or PH? Members can discuss and form their own opinions based on news, rather than ride on the coattails of opinions by others.

Thank you.

I just can't wrap my mind around this. Such a strange video. Lip readers apparently said that PC told H that he and Camilla had to leave, but then H and M leave. Also, I just didn't see any animus evident.

I did notice this, though: PC didn't say goodbye to M. Camilla seemed to say an exceedingly quick one to both of them. In this formal kind of event, though, I would think PC would certainly say goodbye to M. These people are so, so schooled in etiquette. It's in their bones. Just seems sort of odd. (One of the reasons Princess Diana, Fergie, Meghan, etc.'s various faux pas stand out, is that they are set against the backdrop of incredibly intricate and detailed royal etiquette, in which everyone else has been schooled from birth. Some of them, on occasion, "let their hair down" in public in casual settings, but they ALL are deft in courtesy and etiquette at formal events.

I would say Sophie, Duchess of Wessex has the Royal courtesy and etiquette firmly in hand. She never seems to make a wrong or ackward move in these kinds of events

ADMIN NOTE:

Okay, please stop with the tabloid type opinion articles and stick to news via MSM. Of the umpteen negative, nasty opinion articles there will be umpteen positive articles to offset. It's simply not productive and has dragged this thread down the level of basically contentious, rag-mag gossip and nonsense.

Yes, DM is allowed as an MSM source for news, but not for opinion articles. Who really care what Piers Morgan or Lady Campbell, etc. think of MM or PH? Members can discuss and form their own opinions based on news, rather than ride on the coattails of opinions by others.

Thank you.

Thank you so much! :)

Easy targets.
This kind of thing is why they left, it's not a bug: gossip, bullying, hate and mobbing are features of the english /royal/tabloid nexus.

Yet ironically there are no English posters joining in with it here. I hope now that lockdown restrictions are easing that we will have more positive news stories about what the senior royals are up to.

Meanwhile, Kate's genius idea of becoming a really good photographer is reaping the benefits. Go Kate!

How Kate's candid camera is killing off the paparazzi

I would say Sophie, Duchess of Wessex has the Royal courtesy and etiquette firmly in hand. She never seems to make a wrong or ackward move in these kinds of events

I can't imagine stepping into that world as a "commoner". Even the protocol expert, or whatever the title is, for the Obamas made a mis-step. I would have been mortified in her shoes as I'm sure that the "advice" about the handbag felt more like a "correction". Awful.

However, some do manage to learn it very quickly, as did Sophie. Not in the BRF, but Mary Donaldson of the Danish royal family apparently learned it very well, although I think her few years of "courting" before the marriage helped.

The royal families, though, learn social finesse from birth. I'm sure that knowing where the Queen is at all times, so that you don't turn your back on her, just becomes instinctual.

Herat, I know you are a "Sophie" fan. I'll have to look her up. She's one of those who always seems to be on the periphery.

I'm drooling, isn't this one of the most beautiful tiaras ever!
30054248-8459981-image-a-15_1593102890215.jpg

Countess Bathurst's collection of royal gifts thought to be worth £2million go up for sale | Daily Mail Online

The Christies page of the the items for auction has even more gorgeous jewels and some photos of her too, she really was a beauty
The collection of Gloria, late Dowager Countess Bathurst | Christie's

[URL='https://www.christies.com/salelanding/index.aspx?salenumber=18367&saleroomcode=cks&lid=1&saletitle=']
[/URL]

I'm drooling, isn't this one of the most beautiful tiaras ever!
30054248-8459981-image-a-15_1593102890215.jpg

Countess Bathurst's collection of royal gifts thought to be worth £2million go up for sale | Daily Mail Online

The Christies page of the the items for auction has even more gorgeous jewels and some photos of her too, she really was a beauty
The collection of Gloria, late Dowager Countess Bathurst | Christie's

This is my absolute favourite tiara - the Brabant Laurel Wreath as worn by Queen Mathilde of Belgium. I just love the leaf design, so pretty and simple but so sparkly! It also doubles as a necklace - clever.

The Brabant Laurel Wreath Tiara | The Court Jeweller

belgium-brabantlaurelwreathtiara.png

mathilde-laurelwreath2013.png

mathilde-laurelwreathnecklace2011.png

This is my absolute favourite tiara - the Brabant Laurel Wreath as worn by Queen Mathilde of Belgium. I just love the leaf design, so pretty and simple but so sparkly! It also doubles as a necklace - clever.

The Brabant Laurel Wreath Tiara | The Court Jeweller

belgium-brabantlaurelwreathtiara.png

mathilde-laurelwreath2013.png

mathilde-laurelwreathnecklace2011.png
That is a BEAUTFUL tiara, so feminine, yet RICH !

But I am not a fan of this tiara/ necklace conversion stuff.

But then I don't really like Transformers, either.

Old stick in the mud, me.:p

That is a BEAUTFUL tiara, so feminine, yet RICH !

But I am not a fan of this tiara/ necklace conversion stuff.

But then I don't really like Transformers, either.

Old stick in the mud, me.:p

That one works ok as a necklace though, don't you think? It's just so unusual, I haven't seen many with a nature theme.

(LOL at the Transformers comparison:D)

Prince Charles to struggle to fund Harry and Meghan as his annual income takes MAJOR cut

Prince Charles doesn't have unlimited funds?

Since when, do parents have a responsibility to support adult children? Harry and Meghan wanted to be "independent". I suggest that Prince Charles let them be independent, completely.

~Independent: not depending or contingent upon someone else for existence, operation, etc.

It would be fair and wise to implement that for all concerned parties.

upload_2020-6-27_14-46-54.png

I like the style of this dress. I'm not sure why she's wearing her pearls underneath her dress, but she looks great in this. She kept it simple with a broach. Cullinan V brooch.

Getty Images

Who knew QE2 showed show much legs back in the day!
original

Getty Images

If you're into royal fashion you can see the 254 picture catalogue here

November 1977

View attachment 252999

I like the style of this dress. I'm not sure why she's wearing her pearls underneath her dress, but she looks great in this. She kept it simple with a broach. Cullinan V brooch.

Getty Images

Who knew QE2 showed show much legs back in the day!
original

Getty Images

If you're into royal fashion you can see the 254 picture catalogue here

November 1977
@Sherwood Park - Thank you so much for this article!

It's so fun to see her outfits through ages. And she certainly was at least giving a nod to fashion. I think the short skirt one on the plane was at the height of the miniskirt age.

In retrospect, the solid color or muted plaids or patterns really were the best.

That blue and while outfit in San Diego with the matching pattern hat is one of the few "oops" outfits I've ever seen on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni