Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think 10k is probably only around 10-15 burglaries on average. I’ve had 2k robbed out my safe on holiday once. If he does that 5 times he’s got his 10k as quick as that.
I would guess families take a lot of cash too, especially if they are self catering etc. It’s not unrealistic to think he would acquire 10k quite easily I would think.
Who knows, he told one friend he had come into the money after finding a big bag of cash in a burglary. He told another though, he had made it trading lumber.

When you combine the £10k of drugs with the Allegro though, he would have had to have had one hell of a lucky streak bearing in mind only a few months earlier he had pretty much nothing.

His Allegro in the photograph looks to me like the 1989 to 1991 model from other pictures I've found (see links below), making it 16 to 18 years old when he bought it. As a comparison, an 18 year old Allegro today would probably set you back somewhere between £20k and £40k.

Maddie McCann investigators want to trace movements in Spain of Winnebago motor home German suspect Christian Brueckner owned - Olive Press News Spain

1989 Allegro Class A 27 Motor Home New 454 V8 Chevrolet

2002 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40RP, Class A - Diesel RV For Sale By Owner in Somerset, Kentucky | RVT.com - 338157

PF is the older lady that lived directly above the McCann's holiday apartment. She was heavyset and elderly.

P.J. POLICE FILES: MRS PAMELA FENN STATEMENT
She claims however, that a week previously she was the victim of an attempted robbery, which was not successful and neither was anything taken, thinking that the crying of the child could be linked to another attempted robbery in the residence.

P.J. POLICE FILES: STEFAN KOTSEV TODOROV
He said that one week before the incident, there had been a robbery (assault) in a room in the lots next to the restaurant, a fact he knows from his colleagues.

P.J. POLICE FILES: MARIA DA GRACA GUERREIRO ALAO GONCALVES
She says that as far as she can remember, during the years that she has worked at the resort, she knows of some thefts from inside the apartments and most recently on 16th April 2007 there was a theft from an apartment in Block 5 L, from where a plasma display screen, credit cards and a mobile phone belonging to the respective guests were taken.
As far as she knows, as she prepared the papers for the insurance company, the theft took place at the end of the day and according to the guests the event happened when they had left for dinner after completing check in and having left their suitcases in the apartment.

P.J. POLICE FILES: BOAT MOVEMENTS BETWEEN 1/5 AND 7/5/07

CASES FROM THE LAST TWO MONTHS
THEFTS:

MARCH
NUIPC 370/07.0 PAPTM
Location – Theft in restaurant – Praia do Vau
Date: 01-03-2007
Result of theft: 150 Euros in cash.

NUIPC 83/07.2 GCPTM
Place – Theft in restaurant – Praia da Alvor
Date: 03/-03-2007
Result of theft: 150 Euros in cash

NUIPC 85/07.9 GCPTM
Place: Theft of a suitcase in Praia da Alvor
Nationality of victim – Swiss citizen
Date: 04-03-2007

NUIPC 5/070. MAPTM
Date: 09-03-2007
Result of theft: material damage and theft of foodstuffs

NUIPC 469/07.2 PAPTM
Date: 15-03-2007
Result of theft: theft of documents and mobile phone

APRIL

NUIPC 178/07.2 GOPTM
Date: 30-04-2007
Result of theft: theft of GPS and radar

MAY

NUIPC 8/07.5 MAPTM
Date: 08-05-2007
Result of theft: theft of clothing, glasses, etc.

Interesting how many thefts occurred on the 3rd of the month.

The podcast said ex-employees also. Plus, Ocean Club staff didn’t work everyday. It could be someone who was home on 3 May but had tipped him off in the days before.

So ... possible at least. The only thing against it is that you’d assume the resort would have all the staff mobile numbers on file? No need to appeal.

Eh... maybe? I know even back in 2007 I had two phones, one my work knew about and one they didn't. One day, I hope someone will invent a phone that can use two SIM cards at the same time... so I can get work calls and personal calls all day long on the same device. LOL.

I remember it used to cost a fortune to withdraw cash from atms on holiday. There was definitely fees to pay, maybe not so much these days.
I just had a little look, this article was from 2007;

NatWest hikes cost of using cards abroad

Yep and if you forgot to tell the bank you were going away they stopped your card when you tried to use it!

Were there still roaming charges then too?, I was always paranoid about using my phone!

Eh... maybe? I know even back in 2007 I had two phones, one my work knew about and one they didn't. One day, I hope someone will invent a phone that can use two SIM cards at the same time... so I can get work calls and personal calls all day long on the same device. LOL.

I cant tell if you are being serious in this post,but if you are then they already do,I'm using one right now.
If you weren't and you already know that,as you were :oops:;):)

The podcast said ex-employees also. Plus, Ocean Club staff didn’t work everyday. It could be someone who was home on 3 May but had tipped him off in the days before.

So ... possible at least. The only thing against it is that you’d assume the resort would have all the staff mobile numbers on file? No need to appeal.
can't LE track down ownership and usage of mobile numbers from Telecoms companies?
does this mean LE know who owned the contract on that second number, but just can't find them?

After listening to that podcast, it seems the final missing jigsaw peice is confirming whoever called Brückner an hour before, for them to say it was actually Brückner they spoke to. If that’s all they need to secure a conviction that’s crazy as it sounds such a minor piece of evidence. They can prove his handset was in Praia da luz, they just need to prove it was him holding it, and if they do that it sounds like they can go ahead and charge him? Did anyone else get that impression?

In that case, the German police obviously have a hell a lot more than they’re letting on to us.

They definitely have more but personally I don’t think it’s as simple as the phone number. It matters to them, for sure, but the reporter was only going by what he knows.

The OC employee connection is a longstanding theory. Next to the parents being involved, staff would be high on the list of people to eliminate.

I just don’t know how extensively they were investigated in 2007-2008, and from 2011. Staff were interviewed but the interviews I read were pretty basic summaries. Did they dig into ex-employees? Did they follow up with people and verify statements? I don’t know.

can't LE track down ownership and usage of mobile numbers from Telecoms companies?
does this mean LE know who owned the contract on that second number, but just can't find them?

They may know who owned the contract...but they may have to place the device in the hands of that owner, or figure out who used it at that time, much like they have to show that CB's device was being used by CB and not say by his gf....

They do make phones that take 2 sim cards, i have one, Samsung Galaxy J7 prime, not that uncommon, plenty on amazon and ebay, even more if you look at Chinese phone manufacturers.

I'm afraid they can't get the evidence they need to push on through. Belgium paper reports.....(don't know the credibility of this paper)

German investigators slow down: "We may not be able to sue suspect of the murder of Madeleine McCann"

The case against Christian Brückner, the prime suspect for the disappearance of British toddler Madeleine McCann, does not seem as strong as previously thought. The Braunschweig city prosecutor now warns that the man "may not be charged" due to a lack of evidence, even though investigators are still convinced of his guilt.

"We may have to close the file anyway"
But a few weeks after Brückner came into the picture as the prime suspect, and a breakthrough finally appeared to have been made in the case that has fascinated the world for more than a decade, German researchers are now slowing down. "We have to be realistic, and realize that this investigation may not lead to a formal charge for the murder of Madeleine McCann. We may have to close the file if we don't find the missing evidence,” prosecutor Wolters warned Thursday in the Braunschweiger Zeitung newspaper . “I cannot currently predict the outcome of our research. We remain convinced of the suspect's guilt, and we are exploring new avenues that we hope will give new impetus to the investigation.”

Time is running out
Time is running out now: Brückner is currently serving a 21-month prison sentence in a prison in Kiel, Germany, for drug smuggling, but is eligible for parole. That could already be the case next week, if the lawsuit brought by the man's lawyers before the German Federal Court falls in his favor.

However, in December, Brückner was also found guilty of the brutal rape of a 72-year-old American woman in 2005, and sentenced to seven years in prison. However, as long as the appeal procedure against that conviction is pending, his sentence is not final. According to Brückner's lawyers, the German government abused the European arrest warrant by having their client extradited for his drug conviction and subsequently charged him with the rape. A judgment in that case before the European Court of Justice is expected on July 17.

etc.

Duitse onderzoekers nemen gas terug: “Mogelijk kunnen we verdachte van moord op Madeleine McCann niet aanklagen”

Depends whether the number was registered or just a pay as you go type phone which didn't need registering.

My initial thought was that if they know the number, they can check all other numbers that it called or called them to narrow down who owned the phone, however the records and ping locations are only normally kept for a limited amount of time by the phone companies.

As part of the MM investigation, LE requested a data dump of all incoming and outgoing call logs from the PDL area so they have a record of that, but not necessarily anything else. This could be why the only clue they gave as to the second caller was that they were NOT in the PDL area at the time whereas CB's phone was. They may not know the location that call actually came from or have access to any of that numbers call logs. Unless of course the phone happened to be in PDL at another point in time around that period and made/received a call. If it was a current Ocean club employee, that might be quite possible.

"These big games may explain why on Thursday 3 May, the sports bars in Luz were not stuffed with ex-pats. The football on 3 May was the ‘junior’ version, the Europa Cup, and featured 3 Spanish teams and one German team. That ingredient mix may or may not be important."

This is what I was trying to say the other day.

I'm afraid they can't get the evidence they need to push on through. Belgium paper reports.....(don't know the credibility of this paper)

German investigators slow down: "We may not be able to sue suspect of the murder of Madeleine McCann"

The case against Christian Brückner, the prime suspect for the disappearance of British toddler Madeleine McCann, does not seem as strong as previously thought. The Braunschweig city prosecutor now warns that the man "may not be charged" due to a lack of evidence, even though investigators are still convinced of his guilt.

"We may have to close the file anyway"
But a few weeks after Brückner came into the picture as the prime suspect, and a breakthrough finally appeared to have been made in the case that has fascinated the world for more than a decade, German researchers are now slowing down. "We have to be realistic, and realize that this investigation may not lead to a formal charge for the murder of Madeleine McCann. We may have to close the file if we don't find the missing evidence,” prosecutor Wolters warned Thursday in the Braunschweiger Zeitung newspaper . “I cannot currently predict the outcome of our research. We remain convinced of the suspect's guilt, and we are exploring new avenues that we hope will give new impetus to the investigation.”

Time is running out
Time is running out now: Brückner is currently serving a 21-month prison sentence in a prison in Kiel, Germany, for drug smuggling, but is eligible for parole. That could already be the case next week, if the lawsuit brought by the man's lawyers before the German Federal Court falls in his favor.

However, in December, Brückner was also found guilty of the brutal rape of a 72-year-old American woman in 2005, and sentenced to seven years in prison. However, as long as the appeal procedure against that conviction is pending, his sentence is not final. According to Brückner's lawyers, the German government abused the European arrest warrant by having their client extradited for his drug conviction and subsequently charged him with the rape. A judgment in that case before the European Court of Justice is expected on July 17.

etc.

Duitse onderzoekers nemen gas terug: “Mogelijk kunnen we verdachte van moord op Madeleine McCann niet aanklagen”

The original German article this article is based on is similar but a little less dramatic.

The information is currently being evaluated.
They’ve had about 400 tips so far in Germany.
He can’t predict the outcome yet.
They’re trying to find other rapes.
There’s no guarantee he will be charged.

(subscriber, in German)
Braunschweig: Möglicherweise keine Anklage im Fall Maddie - Braunschweiger Zeitung

The original German article this article is based on is similar but a little less dramatic.

The information is currently being evaluated.
They’ve had about 400 tips so far in Germany.
He can’t predict the outcome yet.
They’re trying to find other rapes.
There’s no guarantee he will be charged.

(subscriber, in German)
Braunschweig: Möglicherweise keine Anklage im Fall Maddie - Braunschweiger Zeitung

Thanks. It's behind a pay wall....but the German MSM is always a little more "real/down to earth", what suits me better....

I hope they at least get him for hazels rape. I’m convinced that was CB. But if the evidence was destroyed in 2006 then the chances are slim they’ll be able to pin that on him with forensics linking him to it. I did read dna was recovered from her underwear but subsequently destroyed due to the “bad condition” it was in .. but I’m hoping it’s still on the PJ files you’d think? - I’m just not sure if CB’s defence would want their own team to analyse the sample and if it no longer exists... maybe it would be seen as inadmissible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea