Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
She is likely very naive about human predators.
A few years ago I would have also believed and said that about the Amish in general. However, since the Nickel Mines school shooting, IMO I think they are more aware and careful even with those they know and trust, including English. However, they are also quick to forgive as they did with the school shooter. They even have a personal relationship with his family (his mom for sure) and she spends time with them (the school shooting victims).

I’m wondering if she just took off on her own. There have been a few cases lately of women leaving and not wanting to be found for whatever reason.

it’s also possible someone sneak attacked her while she was walking.

how far was it from
Church to her home? And why didn’t she ride with her family?

I was wondering the same thing - seems odd that she would be walking a mile home from church, a group activity, without a friend or family member walking with her.

JMO

I have a nagging feeling Linda is deceased. It is not a good feeling, I do not like saying this.

The longer it takes to find her, the less chance she is alive somewhere.

It has been what, a whole week since she went missing?

I think geographically, this is just so much area for the searchers. While they have plenty of resources, it just feels like the vast amount of farms is so overwhelming.

& while I do not know how fast the water flows on the creek next to her house it looks like Mill Creek meets to Conestoga River which eventually dumps out at the Susquehanna. I’m curious as to how far down they have search the water.

This photo is just of a 2 mile radius of her home. As someone who has driven through these very roads many times, all the open fields, farms, the lands... it’s so overwhelming.

Attachments

• 86C693C6-3035-4DA5-9DBB-535EC6C0E812.jpeg
    86C693C6-3035-4DA5-9DBB-535EC6C0E812.jpeg
    194.6 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
I think geographically, this is just so much area for the searchers. While they have plenty of resources, it just feels like the vast amount of farms is so overwhelming.

& while I do not know how fast the water flows on the creek next to her house it looks like Mill Creek meets to Conestoga River which eventually dumps out at the Susquehanna. I’m curious as to how far down they have search the water.

This photo is just of a 2 mile radius of her home. As someone who has driven through these very roads many times, all the open fields, farms, the lands... it’s so overwhelming.
Agreed, I drive through often. Even route 722 being a major rd takes you through windy secluded farm land. There are so many acres of open land/ farms, less roads/buildings. There are also many small straight dirt roads.

I have a nagging feeling Linda is deceased. It is not a good feeling, I do not like saying this.

The longer it takes to find her, the less chance she is alive somewhere.

It has been what, a whole week since she went missing?
You are probably correct, however, we have to remember people like Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, Jayme Closs...I know there are others but I am not coming up with their names right now. These girls all beat the odds. That being said, the most likely outcome is what you have stated above. :( All IMO.

You are probably correct, however, we have to remember people like Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard, Jayme Closs...I know there are others but I am not coming up with their names right now. These girls all beat the odds. That being said, the most likely outcome is what you have stated above. :( All IMO.

I go back and forth with her being deceased or alive. My hunch is she is no doubt a victim. I don’t feel she left on her own. We all know human trafficking is real and happening. Several rumors of shady vans occurred in this area this past week. I really hope a miracle happens and she is found alive. If she is not alive, I hope she is found soon. My heart breaks for her family and their community.

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight (now Lilly Rose Lee)

I was using Google Earth Pro to search along Stumptown Rd and I came upon a drainage ditch (not sure if theyre referred to as that back East?) but I hope all of these are searched. I dont know how big they really are IRL but possibly big enough to hide in or be in. *it was level or below ground so it wasnt very obvious and i saw it while NOT looking for it. Makes me wonder how many others are well-hidden*

Ugh! I cant find the post regarding Linda's smile. I have to agree with the poster that it does appear to be that she may be missing teeth, perhaps all or a majority. Thats very common in the Amish communities as I understand and have heard for years...and I had the same thought the first time I saw her photo.

Amish teen who vanished after church event still missing in Lancaster County: Police

SABBM:

Officials said this isn't like a traditional missing teen case, where modern technology is often used to help in the search.

"(In other cases, those missing will) take efforts to let other people know that, maybe tell a friend, they might leave a text message, a phone call, a note," Lt. Hess said. "Something indicating they're not happy about what might be going on."

One of Stoltzfoos' neighbors said he often sees her walking along Beechdale Road and believes she isn't the type to run away.

Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Has Been Missing for Nearly A Week | Heavy.com

SABBM:

Police have said they have not ruled out foul play, but are fearful that she could be in danger; on June 24, East Lampeter police began working with the FBI for help in the search, local news station FOX-43 reported.

Lt. Matthew Hess, a spokesperson for East Lampeter police, told FOX-43, “With this investigation so far, we don’t have any direct evidence to say this is foul play or direct evidence to say this was her leaving on her own free will.” Hess told WGAL-8, “This is uncharacteristic of what we know about Linda due to the fact that she’s missing with no clues, no evidence to lead us in any real direction. So, it’s making it a difficult case to investigate.”

None of this is good news.

LE has their work cut out for them on this case.

Absent digital/electronic footprints, they're going to need a solid tip or some type of physical evidence to help point them in the right direction.

Hopefully, they've been knocking on every non-Amish door on Stumpdale and Beechdale roads, asking residents if they have any security cameras.

JMO.

Last edited:
Amish teen who vanished after church event still missing in Lancaster County: Police

SABBM:

Officials said this isn't like a traditional missing teen case, where modern technology is often used to help in the search.

"(In other cases, those missing will) take efforts to let other people know that, maybe tell a friend, they might leave a text message, a phone call, a note," Lt. Hess said. "Something indicating they're not happy about what might be going on."

One of Stoltzfoos' neighbors said he often sees her walking along Beechdale Road and believes she isn't the type to run away.

Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Has Been Missing for Nearly A Week | Heavy.com

SABBM:

Police have said they have not ruled out foul play, but are fearful that she could be in danger; on June 24, East Lampeter police began working with the FBI for help in the search, local news station FOX-43 reported.

Lt. Matthew Hess, a spokesperson for East Lampeter police, told FOX-43, “With this investigation so far, we don’t have any direct evidence to say this is foul play or direct evidence to say this was her leaving on her own free will.” Hess told WGAL-8, “This is uncharacteristic of what we know about Linda due to the fact that she’s missing with no clues, no evidence to lead us in any real direction. So, it’s making it a difficult case to investigate.”

None of this is good news.

LE has their work cut out for them on this case.

Absent digital/electronic footprints, they're going to need a solid tip or some type of physical evidence to help point them in the right direction.

Hopefully, they've been banging on every non-Amish door on Stumpdale and Beechdale roads, asking residents if they have any security cameras.

JMO.

sorry, but you say every 'non Amish door'....why?

I noticed on the Lancaster County EMS website today that a boat and dive team were searching again today. It seems like they are definitely trying to be thorough about the water that is in the area. And, sadly, it sounds like they might expect more recovery than rescue.

Ugh! I cant find the post regarding Linda's smile. I have to agree with the poster that it does appear to be that she may be missing teeth, perhaps all or a majority. Thats very common in the Amish communities as I understand and have heard for years...and I had the same thought the first time I saw her photo.
This isn’t nice, but my kids used to say some Amish had “corn teeth”—very small, evenly sized teeth, like corn kernels. In most of the people we’ve seen with them, the teeth had that grayish cast from childhood antibiotics, so they weren’t dentures. This might be a feature that is a marker for some of the genetic issues among the Amish, but I’ve never looked into that.

I haven’t seen many young Amish kids with lots of missing teeth, unless it was from
an accident. In fact, many of the patients when my children went to a local orthodontist were Amish children, teens, and young adults getting braces. Totally agree though on lots of older Amish people with full dentures—maybe they are trying to do better for today’s young people.

Missing Amish girl’s family requests prayers, information from public to help find her
Snipped from Article:

According to the latest Facebook post, the family asked that commenters use wisdom when sharing information.

At this point there are a variety of agencies involved in continuing the search for her whereabouts,” the post explains. “Search and rescue teams, detectives, the police department, and even the FBI. If you have first-hand knowledge or information that may be considered a lead, please inform the authorities immediately.”

It continues, “You may continue to discuss your thoughts on the case. But please, keep uninformed speculation to a minimum. We kindly ask that discussions held on this page are respectful and uplifting to each other. We have and will continue the remove posts that are overly disrespectful, inconsiderate, or that are spreading false information.”

I'm so pleased to see that her family has come out and made a statement, and that they've set up a FB for LS.

Hopefully, they can keep her story alive in the media and make sure interest remains high.

The bad news is that it looks like search efforts there in the immediate area are winding down.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member