Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that "computer module" disables the vehicle of it is removed. LE can download the entire module memory of data to a jump drive quite easily. I believe that particular brand of vehicle can also perform the download remotely at the manufacturer's end. Either way, the manufacturer requires a warrant.
In any scenario, news cameras or drone-like news helicopters would not have captured the process in images or video.
IMO
Thanks for confirming! So the TD video was what, 3 weeks ago, when BM suggested that he was “cleared”? If he was cleared at that point, then there would be no reason for LE to have since obtained a warrant to obtain that GPS data.

Exactly. If he felt he HAD to make the video because pressure was building for some kind of statement from him, why only put the video on FB? Why not a public release thru the media? It’s like he wanted as few people as possible to see it.

IMO, he really didn’t have to go beyond FB. The media picked it up anyway.

3k shares
268k views

Exactly. If he felt he HAD to make the video because pressure was building for some kind of statement from him, why only put the video on FB? Why not a public release thru the media? It’s like he wanted as few people as possible to see it.

Agree. I mean, pleading with your wife's captors on Facebook has to be the lamest possible choice.

RSBM....

I'm not trying to be obnoxious, but I think you are WAY over thinking it. A simple delete of the **** page sooner rather than later is appropriate now and should have been done in the earliest days, IMO. Honestly...if I had felt compelled to give in the first place, whatever was returned, so be it.
I have posted my own opinions on this before, lengthy, but this additional thought occurred to me, perhaps this is a way for the Ms friends who can’t actively search, contribute, and even beyond their friends, internet community. MOO
The info we have on the Ms lets me speculate that any surplus will be donated to one of the local organizations that has assisted in the efforts to bring her home. MOO
Further, the Ms may have contributed a portion to this fund already.
By making it a neutral fund, it may be easier for less wealthy friends of the Morphews, to accept recompense, for their expenses, something they would never dream of asking from the Ms. MOO
I, too have a personal problem w/ these sites, but under similar circumstances, I probably wouldn’t argue or even think it thru, if someone else was setting it. MOO
Evidently the Ms do have finances, to handle the reward, but IMO, they were trying to keep reward effort capped and separate.
Judging by the accounts we have had, the Ms will handle dispersion of the left over funds in a very classy way. JMVHO

When someone close to you has mysteriously disappeared, silence is the enemy of finding her. Look at the Vanessa Guillen case, or that of any other missing person. The family fights tooth and nail to keep the case in the spotlight.

Re BBM
That says it best and is so true. Silence plays right into a perp's hands. A perp wants things to go quiet and for the case to go cold.

Its unfortunately up to innocent family members and friends to help not let that happen and to help scream it from the rooftops to get attention on their missing persons case and get it noticed by as many eyes as possible.

Silence only helps the perp.
Its no fault of any innocents that they were thrown into such an unfortunate situation but once it happens to a family, they can play an integral part to help get their case a lot of attention and eventually get it resolved.

Judging by the accounts we have had, the Ms will handle dispersion of the left over funds in a very classy way. JMVHO
sbm
Respectfully, many of the people that donate to these causes can ill afford to do so. They are hardworking, generous folk that will give up something in order to help someone else out...admirable. Nothing "classy" about tearing at the heartstrings of compassionate people when you have the means.

Re BBM
That says it best and is so true. Silence plays right into a perp's hands. A perp wants things to go quiet and for the case to go cold.

Its unfortunately up to innocent family members and friends to help not let that happen and to help scream it from the rooftops to get attention on their missing persons case and get it noticed by as many eyes as possible.

Silence only helps the perp.
Its no fault of any innocents that they were thrown into such an unfortunate situation but once it happens to a family, they can play an integral part to help get their case a lot of attention and eventually get it resolved.
"AS MANY EYES AS POSSIBLE" - why? she can be stashed somewhere alive and perp could have to go out for supplies and maybe get seen or noticed by someone for 1.

Thanks for confirming! So the TD video was what, 3 weeks ago, when BM suggested that he was “cleared”? If he was cleared at that point, then there would be no reason for LE to have since obtained a warrant to obtain that GPS data.
I am catching up today, wouldn’t this gps info be requested in the initial investigation? It may take time to get the info back, but it would be on my priority list. MOO
It can clear a person as easily as convict, can’t it?

We don't know that. No current photo is available. Also, an "attractive" descriptor is in the eyes of the beholder, i.e. your personal "attractive" meter: not everyone's, maybe not most people's.
I think we have pretty much agreed that several of the photos of her date from 2018 and 2019. My personal opinion is that if she fell out of the "attractive range" after that, it was a long fall. IMO

sbm
Respectfully, many of the people that donate to these causes can ill afford to do so. They are hardworking, generous folk that will give up something in order to help someone else out...admirable. Nothing "classy" about tearing at the heartstrings of compassionate people when you have the means.
I was referring to the dispersion of leftover funds, having referenced donation to one of the search teams, simply. MOO
These hardworking people sometimes NEED to feel they are a part of the effort to find Suzanne, this gives them a chance to do so.
IMO, a good portion of fund may be from folks who actually know the Morphews, and therefore know their circumstances.

Last edited:
I have posted my own opinions on this before, lengthy, but this additional thought occurred to me, perhaps this is a way for the Ms friends who can’t actively search, contribute, and even beyond their friends, internet community. MOO
The info we have on the Ms lets me speculate that any surplus will be donated to one of the local organizations that has assisted in the efforts to bring her home. MOO
Further, the Ms may have contributed a portion to this fund already.
By making it a neutral fund, it may be easier for less wealthy friends of the Morphews, to accept recompense, for their expenses, something they would never dream of asking from the Ms. MOO
I, too have a personal problem w/ these sites, but under similar circumstances, I probably wouldn’t argue or even think it thru, if someone else was setting it. MOO
Evidently the Ms do have finances, to handle the reward, but IMO, they were trying to keep reward effort capped and separate.
I never saw what a funding page has to do with an investigation, anyway. If offering $210,000 in rewards to solicit less than $40,000 in contributions was a plot, the schemers need to take some refresher math classes IMO

Wouldn't that be kind of a dead giveaway? IMO
It certainly would be great to have them update us on all the investigation results. IMO, the phone records would have nailed him long ago, if there was any hinkyness. ( is that a word)?
At this point, it’s just as possible, the results are clearing him, rather than convicting.

I noticed SC didn't talk at all about his body language, the head shaking no on just about every sentence. That jumped out at me immediately when I first watched his 25 second "plea."
I watched this video. For the majority of the time he is shaking his head "no" as he speaks, which suggests his thoughts are not agreeing with his words. The one section he is nodding yes is when he talks about the girls needing her. He looks genuinely incredibly sad. In the final section he states that he wants her back so bad, his head is emphatically shaking "no". IMO he does not want her back, but at some level there is genuine sadness that his daughters don't have their Mom.

I think he was and is in charge of the Give Me Fund, regardless of whose name is on it. It’s as if they are trying different tactics to see whose name/ or what works best to bring in the most money. He is quite the “wheeler-dealer” in everything it seems.
It is this focus on “accumulating” money during this time that feels so very wrong to me. Why are there are NO requests for volunteers to help search? If anyone is searching - it must be very small groups.

BBM^^^ ...and groups that stay COMPLETELY out of the public eye bc i have not heard of ONE single public search party since the day she went missing.

I'm guessing that he had his phone on Mother's Day but not the day before, wink, wink. Moo

Wouldn't that be kind of a dead giveaway? IMO

Pun intended, Dave F?

Sorry, following this case is tough. As always, where is Suzanne?

LE must, by now, have a treasure trove of digital evidence. But, via posts by others who work with investigators and LE, we know digging through that digital evidence is going to take a LOT of time.

Another dose of patience needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member