Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me spot is valid. "Parador" is at about 90º and concerned building at about 45º. Traffic sign (unreadable anyway) is there, as well as pillars (but top is blue, however they're in works and maybe was added later). It's unreasonable to discard this spot.

I dont think there's any reason to discard it. It is clearly the same place. The roof is blue in both images, the sign is in both, the distinctive buildings, the hills match. It is undoubtedly the same location

Please look at the google link. And scroll around. 100% it is the same spot. The Pillars of the double entrance canopy. The mirror on the top corner of the canopy. The white vertical poles on the central reservation. Even the grey horizontally corrugated metal (back of the large overhead sign).

We posted at the same time :) Agreed, there is no doubt at all

Please look at the google link. And scroll around. 100% it is the same spot. The Pillars of the double entrance canopy. The mirror on the top corner of the canopy. The white vertical poles on the central reservation. Even the grey horizontally corrugated metal (back of the large overhead sign).

Yes, the white poles seem to be flagpole?

What is interesting to me, is that this is not a standard public car parking space. there are two guards on the way in. You don’t get to park in that car park unless you have a good reason, which is either the ferry to Melilla, or other business in the port area.

I dont think there's any reason to discard it. It is clearly the same place. The roof is blue in both images, the sign is in both, the distinctive buildings, the hills match. It is undoubtedly the same location

Some members questioned it hardly. That's why.

What is interesting to me, is that this is not a standard public car parking space. there are two guards on the way in. You don’t get to park in that car park unless you have a good reason, which is either the ferry to Melilla, or other business in the port area.

Were the gates etc definitely there the whole time, before it closed? The road etc in the photo of the camper doesnt look like it has security guards etc?

I'd guess he's in a queue (to the ferry almost for sure) or just parked for a picture. There's another car behind.

I spent a long time last night looking at Google 3D , and deduced it was definitely Malaga, but gave up trying to find the exact spot - this is brilliant work! Do you reckon LE know where it is? Or should this be reported to them, as it may be extremely relevant, eg esp if they know when it was taken
Has anyone phoned? If not I will give them a call...

The mountains in the background seem to be the same.
The building in the photo of CB's Westfalia seems to be a 10-storey building whereas in the more recent image, the building has 14 storeys. (Were they added in time?)
UDPsAz5.jpg

Here's the same building on google 3d, looks like a 10 storey building from this angle too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200628-110407_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200628-110407_Samsung Internet.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 36
KM didn't think MM "would have had the presence of mind to close two gates behind her." (But did M.O close them? We don't know this, or do we?).

MM had left behind her c. cat but also her pink blanket she used to cuddle.
(I wasn't aware of a pink cuddle blanket).

"9:15 to 9:20pm JT decided to go look at her own children. On the way she saw a man carrying a small child walking away from apartment block. The man looked strange to her in that he didn't look like a tourist. He had dark hair and was dressed in a jacket and trousers. The child was 3 to 4 y.o. and had pink PJ's and the ankle had a frill." Jane made nothing of this at the time and returned to restaurant. (after checking her children?)
(What type of jacket is she referring to? A suit jacket? A casual jacket?)

Is anyone willing to discuss these points and questions I have from the documentary shown on TV two nights ago in the UK by the ID channel?

Were the gates etc definitely there the whole time, before it closed? The road etc in the photo of the camper doesnt look like it has security guards etc?
Admit, you can’t see guards. If there were guards they would be hidden by the vw. You can only see the top of the canopy in the vw photo. The canopy is way over head height.

my experience of ferries, you don’t get anywhere near the parking/queue area without showing ticket and ID.

So why do you think that location is important to the case?

The police obviously know where the photo was taken.

So, after all the work we've done here I'm not so sure German police knows it.

So, after all the work we've done here I'm not so sure German police knows it.

Agreed. We cannot assume that the police know where it was taken. They might have the date it was taken but dont know where. This could be a crucial part of the timeline. Malaga and a ferry seems incredibly important

CB took 3 van's pics at least, all very close in time (I tell that mostly after analyzing rust marks). Of course pics can be cut, but it's strange to me to take pictures of a vehicle in a trip. The other 2 might have been taken in Melilla (perhaps in a place he agreed for business), but we won't bother investigate that location o_O

Any ideas why one would take pictures of a vehicle in a trip?

CB took 3 van's pics at least, all very close in time (I tell that mostly after analyzing rust marks). Of course pics can be cut, but it's strange to me to take pictures of a vehicle in a trip. The other 2 might have been taken in Melilla (perhaps in a place he agreed for business), but we won't bother investigate that location o_O

Any ideas why one would take pictures of a vehicle in a trip?

Passionate about his VW is all i could imagine. How did Amaral acquire the pic again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998