Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amonet

Reaction score
The number of people already infected by the mystery virus emerging in China is far greater than official figures suggest, scientists have told the BBC.
There have been 41 laboratory-confirmed cases of the new virus, but UK experts estimate the figure is closer to 1,700.
New virus in China ‘will have infected hundreds'
Up to 4,500 patients in China may have caught the same strain of coronavirus that has killed two people, scientists fear.
Health officials in Wuhan – the city at the heart of the outbreak which started in December – confirmed four new cases today, taking the total to 48.
But Imperial College London researchers say this may be the 'tip of the iceberg' after analysing flights out of the city.
Scientists fear up to 4,500 Chinese patients may have caught the new coronavirus | Daily Mail Online

Updates and chat - United States:
Current Statistics for Each Individual States

Updates and chat - Other Countries:
Stats and Information from Other Countries

Safety Tips and Things to do While Quarantined

Facial Mask Making - Coronavirus
Grocery shopping tips during Coronavirus quarantine
Recipes to share during Coronavirus quarantine
Health and Safety Tips for living under Coronavirus quarantine
Quarantine Vegetable Gardens

WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus and testing

Individuals and Companies that have donated to the Coronavirus COVID-19 cause

Memorial Thread - COVID-19 Coronavirus

______

Case details for US and Canada:
COVID-19/Coronavirus Real Time Updates With Credible Sources in US and Canada | 1Point3Acres

Case details for the entire world:
Coronavirus Update (Live): 206,893 Cases and 8,272 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36 Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46 Thread #47 Thread #48 Thread #49 Thread #50 Thread #51 Thread #52 Thread #53 Thread #54 Thread #55 Thread #56 Thread #57 Thread #58 Thread #59
Thread #60 Thread #61 Thread #62 Thread #63

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Everyone,

If you want to quote what the president or anyone in his administrations who give information on what they are doing to contain the virus that is absolutely fine.
THIS IS ME BEGGING NOW. NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.
PLEASE USE OUR PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM IF YOU WISH TO DISCUSS POLITICS IN ANY WAY. YOU CAN HAVE UP TO 20 PEOPLE ON A PRIVATE MESSAGE. LOOK IN THE UPPER RIGHT-HAND CORNER. YOU WILL SEE YOUR USER NAME. NEXT TO THAT IS "INBOX". CLICK ON INBOX AND YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGE SYSTEM.

OK, not begging now.

I am so impressed with our members posting much-needed info and members helping each other. I swear I sit here and cry happy tears at how incredible you are with this pandemic.

Please join me tonight on Websleuths Live on YouTube at 10:00 PM Eastern. CLICK HERE to join us live. We have a great chat room going on. and I want to personally invite you all to join us. One main rule. If you a jerk in chat or if you start making inflammatory comments about politics or whatever you will be kicked out. Then you will be forced to listen to Donny Osmonds "Puppy Love" for 30 days. So please behave.
See you tonight.
Love,
Tricia
PS. I actually love Donny Osmond. Very talented, a great businessman and fantastic human being, but, Puppy Love is painful. LOL

Please remember ...

No blatantly political posts.
Do not be rude or argumentative.
Do not discuss other members or enquire as to their whereabouts. Members are entitled to their privacy.

Do not discuss moderators, moderation, or removed posts. Doing so can result in a temporary or permanent ban from Websleuths.

If you state information as fact, you must provide a link to support that fact. No link, no post !!

Members may copy their own posts from the general discussion thread over to relevant, more local threads in other appropriate Covid-19 sub-forums. If you think someone else's post relates specifically to another thread within the forum, please use the Report feature to let Mods/Admins know and we will move it on over for you.

If you wish to start a new thread, please run it by a Mod or Admin for approval.

Stay safe, healthy, strong and be kind to others.

Permanent thread bans have been and will be issued for members who persist in trying to make the thread about politics.

In case you have not read the opening posts above, please etch this part of Tricia's post above in your memory:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT

Hey everyone,

Politicizing is not allowed. We realize it's difficult to separate Covid from politics in this discussion, but ...

If you are going to post about 1 or 1 million people attending a rally, a church event, etc, put on by God knows who, make sure your post indicates how the content of that post relates to Covid19 and isn't just about politics or political figures.

From Tricia's post at the beginning of each of these threads:

NO MATTER HOW FRUSTRATED YOU FEEL, HOW GRATEFUL YOU FEEL OR HOW YOU FEEL WITH ANY OF THE COMMENTS COMING FROM THE WHITEHOUSE OR THEIR ADMINISTRATION DO NOT PUT IT ON THIS THREAD. DO NOT PUT TOGETHER A POST THAT IS OBVIOUSLY A POLITICAL STATEMENT AND THEN TRY AND SAY IT IS NOT.

This post lands at random.

Address the post and NOT the poster.

Snarky, rude and personalizing posts that disrespect or denigrate another member get removed and may result in a permanent Thread Reply Ban or a board Time Out.

I can understand the whack a mole analogy. Just like the whack a mole game, the UK govt plans to whack each outbreak down and make it disappear. :)

View attachment 253281

I see The Times published an article about it.
Our future after coronavirus lockdown begins to take shape: a marathon game of whack‑a‑mole | News | The Sunday Times

I really want to know why I am not seeing ONE media report on contact tracing efforts in states and municipalities. How it's being done, stats or who is doing and how many are employed, what are criteria? Why isn't the media covering this? Or have I just missed it.

This is the ONE ONE ONE thing I want to read about... but crickets???

More than 4,700 people are dying every 24 hours from Covid-19-linked illness, according to Reuters calculations based on an average from June 1 to 27. That equates to 196 people per hour, or one person every 18 seconds.

Coronavirus: A death every 18 seconds - Gargantuan numbers - The Economic Times

From your link also,

5/5
Spectre of death
In just five months, the Covid-19 death toll has overtaken the number of people who die annually from malaria, one of the most deadly infectious diseases. The death rate averages out to 78,000 per month, compared with 64,000 AIDS-related deaths and 36,000 malaria deaths, according to 2018 figures from the World Health Organization.

Global deaths: This is how COVID-19 compares to other diseases

This compares it to all deaths.

This graphic uses data from Our World in Data to provide context with the total number of worldwide daily deaths. It also outlines how many people who die each day from specific causes.

DGeMsvX0uNKPCo7qMyTM8zPQDhZFCWEZlOwYyCm3Dp4.jpg

Worldwide deaths by cause

Nearly 150,000 people die per day worldwide, based on the latest comprehensive research published in 2017. Which diseases are the most deadly, and how many lives do they take per day?

Here’s how many people die each day on average, sorted by cause:

zi7lELFlW-n1QDXKeexNI0UOulkGbviFFJwAmp-AG-k.PNG

Cardiovascular diseases, or diseases of the heart and blood vessels, are the leading cause of death. However, their prominence is not reflected in our perceptions of death nor in the media.

Last edited:
I actually would have been fine with my hair length other than it desperately needed to have the dry ends taken off. My hair was already long enough for a pony tail or pulled up with a jaw clip. DH was another story: He was beginning to look like a shaggy dog :D We are both glad to have haircuts, manicures/pedicures out of the way for the next couple of months, at least. I think everyone should do what they feel is in their best interest and whether or not they feel safe in a particular environment. Be well.
I trimmed mine! Maybe dark roots will become fashionable lol.

Ummm, ummm, ummmm. Trudeau's hair is a shaggy dog also. And :p:D:D:) from DixieGirl for that look.

You need to re-think? ;)... he has that sexy just got outta bed tussled look?

DH will be 72 in October. Nothing particularly sexy about the shaggy hair :oops: He tried a pandemic beard for a couple of weeks and decided to shave when I told him that he looked homeless :p I'm not fond of the grunge look.

If my FB feed from this weekend was any indication, I am completely alone in keeping my family home and wearing masks when we venture out. My feed was full of photos (no masks) from group gatherings, graduation parties, birthday celebrations at bars, and even a youth travel baseball tournament complete with multi-teams from multi-cities playing multi-day games and celebrating wins/mourning losses in group restaurant outings. Side note: my friend's son's team made it to the championship, so...yay?

We (meaning my family) are doing basically nothing and wear masks when we go out to the grocery, etc. I haven't seen my now almost 5 month old niece since she was born in February. Looking at my FB feed this weekend made me feel like I'm neurotic and crazy. From the looks of it, everyone else in my social group is living their lives and I feel like bat-*advertiser censored* bonkers Rapunzel in her self-imposed tower.

I really want to know why I am not seeing ONE media report on contact tracing efforts in states and municipalities. How it's being done, stats or who is doing and how many are employed, what are criteria? Why isn't the media covering this? Or have I just missed it.

This is the ONE ONE ONE thing I want to read about... but crickets???

margarita25 posted a few things back in April, because margarita25 is involved with contact tracing.

Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #50
Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #45

And more recently .....
Apple, Google contact tracing apps: Privacy fears vs. public health
Contact Tracing With Your Phone: It’s Easier but There Are Tradeoffs
Can Coronavirus Contact Tracing Survive Reopening?

If my FB feed from this weekend was any indication, I am completely alone in keeping my family home and wearing masks when we venture out. My feed was full of photos (no masks) from group gatherings, graduation parties, birthday celebrations at bars, and even a youth travel baseball tournament complete with multi-teams from multi-cities playing multi-day games and celebrating wins/mourning losses in group restaurant outings. Side note: my friend's son's team made it to the championship, so...yay?

We (meaning my family) are doing basically nothing and wear masks when we go out to the grocery, etc. I haven't seen my now almost 5 month old niece since she was born in February. Looking at my FB feed this weekend made me feel like I'm neurotic and crazy. From the looks of it, everyone else in my social group is living their lives and I feel like bat-**** bonkers Rapunzel in her self-imposed tower.
You are not bonkers. The kind of behavior you describe is the reason covid is going through the roof in many states. People decided that everything is back to normal. It's not.

We (meaning my family) are doing basically nothing and wear masks when we go out to the grocery, etc. I haven't seen my now almost 5 month old niece since she was born in February. Looking at my FB feed this weekend made me feel like I'm neurotic and crazy. From the looks of it, everyone else in my social group is living their lives and I feel like bat-**** bonkers Rapunzel in her self-imposed tower.
I feel the same way - but if it is any consolation - the teens in my area are catching it like crazy because they aren't wearing masks or social distancing - their instagram feeds show it all. They are part of the uptick in Florida I am certain - in my neighborhood alone - 14 were exposed apparently at the beach - their parents are furious of course.
JMO

I feel the same way - but if it is any consolation - the teens in my area are catching it like crazy because they aren't wearing masks or social distancing - their instagram feeds show it all. They are part of the uptick in Florida I am certain - in my neighborhood alone - 14 were exposed apparently at the beach - their parents are furious of course.
JMO
Yes, of course they are catching it. And since they live at home, they can pass it on to mom and dad, or worse, to grandma and grandpa.

Europeans' trust in US as world leader collapses during pandemic

The coronavirus crisis has caused a dramatic deterioration in the European public perception of the US, extensive new polling reveals.

More than 60% of respondents in Germany, France, Spain, Denmark and Portugal said they had lost trust in the United States as a global leader.

A report based on the survey’s findings argues that the shock of the pandemic has “traumatised” European citizens, leaving them feeling “alone and vulnerable”.

In almost every country surveyed, a majority of people said their perception of the US had deteriorated since the outbreak. Negative attitudes of the US were most marked in Denmark (71%) Portugal (70%), France (68%), Germany (65%) and Spain (64%). In France, 46% and in Germany 42% said their view of the US had worsened “a lot” during the pandemic.

Gee, that's a surprise- we are the laughing stock around the world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member