Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good comparative case example there.
Poor Kelsey.
Just looking at the missing poster of her, I'm becoming incensed with that moron PF all over again.

Seeing KB's photo does bring up a point related to the subject of SM's fitness level, which has been speculated about here.

SM does appear to be an extremely fit woman in her FB photos.
KB was also an extremely fit woman.

Here's the thing, though:

If you're a petite woman, it doesn't matter one iota how fit you are.
You're going to be easily overpowered by a bigger, stronger man every time.
Every. Freaking. Time.

Especially if you're completely blindsided, figuratively speaking...
and perhaps even literally speaking, as we saw in KB's case.
KB never saw that deadly attack coming.
Figuratively OR literally.

That may also very well be true of poor SM.
I strongly suspect that it is.

JMO.
KB’s murder still haunts me. The utter brutality of what PF did. How she loved him despite his poor behaviour towards her, always trying to make that despicable creature happy, to no avail. How he deceived her into a “game” and unleashed his unbridled hate on her :(. I hate to think that this was premeditated and something similar happened. We’ll likely never know the full details unless there’s a KK in the background that knows something, but I doubt it. If there is another woman, she may have no idea how it went down. Maybe BM did follow KB’s case and kept his mouth shut.

<modsnip: rumor>

My missing person question is: normally, LE will publish still shots from CCTV so that the general public can call in tips. Would LE still share photos if the footage was older than “last sighting”? Maybe they have no recent stuff from around town due to the pandemic? That’s the kind of stuff I am used to seeing, and there isn’t any.

Last edited by a moderator:
KB’s murder still haunts me. The utter brutality of what PF did. How she loved him despite his poor behaviour towards her, always trying to make that despicable creature happy, to no avail. How he deceived her into a “game” and unleashed his unbridled hate on her :(. I hate to think that this was premeditated and something similar happened. We’ll likely never know the full details unless there’s a KK in the background that knows something, but I doubt it. If there is another woman, she may have no idea how it went down. Maybe BM did follow KB’s case and kept his mouth shut.
May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff
snipped
“Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne, and I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” said Sheriff Spezze.
---

I find this little comment from the Sheriff to be meaningful - as in - they think there is someone else who knows IMO. so there could be a KK or a buddy that knows something. and perhaps they have that piece of information now?
JMO

IMO, LE controlling the narrative would make more sense, especially if CBI and FBI are involved. Although, If it WERE BM and the family distrusts him, we’d probably have lots of leaks, hmmmmm!

BAD GUY=BG I couldn’t be all Criminal minds, unsub, I’m open for suggestions?
I am only on my second case here, didn’t mean to be confusing, sorry?!
Nope on the unsub - I prefer your BG and Bad Guy

My missing person question is: normally, LE will publish still shots from CCTV so that the general public can call in tips. Would LE still share photos if the footage was older than “last sighting”? Maybe they have no recent stuff from around town due to the pandemic? That’s the kind of stuff I am used to seeing, and there isn’t any.
That's such a good point. A young woman went missing local to me last year (Leah Croucher, thread here). LE released a cctv image of her arriving at work the previous day. It wasnt the most flattering photo of a pretty girl, but it showed her in similar attire, at a similar time of day. It was realistic. LE released pictures of the distinctive hoody she was wearing, everything down to her shoes in fact. Last known sightings incl cctv footage, phone shut down time, other possible sightings. She hasnt been found.

We've had none of this at all for Suzanne. I dont think LE are looking for anyone else and I dont think they believe she was abducted. Otherwise we'd have more. JMO

May 24th, Press Release - Chaffee County Sheriff
snipped
“Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne, and I’m asking our community members to continue to use the tip line to provide any information, no matter how inconsequential the tip may seem,” said Sheriff Spezze.
---

I find this little comment from the Sheriff to be meaningful - as in - they think there is someone else who knows IMO. so there could be a KK or a buddy that knows something. and perhaps they have that piece of information now?
JMO
Thanks for the reminder @oviedo! I sure hope so. Suzanne deserves justice and a proper burial, if that’s at all possible at this point. Again, poor KB is a constant reminder of how awful some of these cases can be. JFD and so many others too :(

You’d fall, riding those trials with a road bike. The tires are too narrow and would cause you to skid and fall in softer soil and sand on trails. So if she was riding on dirt trails it had to be a mountain bike. IMO.

And she seems to be the type of person to know what equipment to use. And to have it.

It’s interesting that they haven’t described the bike. Again, one would think they’d post a photo of it or one like it and ask the public if anyone saw her riding that day and if so, could they remember any strange vehicles, or saw anyone near her or talking to her, etc.

The fact that they haven’t is significant. Combined with the sealed search warrant, it’s very telling. IMO.

Glad to hear your friend is in remission!!! Great!!!
Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online
can you tell what kind of bike this is? It may have been discussed already - I'm curious.
28619682-8352345-Suzanne_s_husband_Barry_Morphew_52_has_said_he_was_away_on_a_tra-a-7_1590328291811.jpg

Between Ring type surveillance and game cameras, I think they’d have an image. They’d have a general idea if the time frame for a bike ride scenario. Not many ways in and out if that area, so it’s likely the vehicle would be seen and captured on film in broad daylight.

MOO
Doubtful there would be cameras in the immediate area where we think bike was found. But it would explain LE asking people to save footage, extending for surveillance.
The area near where we have speculated her bike was found has several places cars are routinely parked. A car parked elsewhere, would automatically raise suspicion. How long it was parked there, would also cause questions to be raised. MOO
This area appears to have cover enough from someone returning from trails, that an ambush is possible.

I’m no bike expert, but that looks like a mountain bike. No idea of the make :)

Mountain bike for sure. Disc brakes. Color, I'll call it teal, with square tube frame and blue detail at top of black front fork is consistent with some Trek women's mountain bikes. Looks like tires are Maxxis or some other maker that's 6 letters long. I like to bicycle ride, but I'm strictly a road cyclist. Any mountain bikers out there?

She doesn't live in a town. IMO

She doesn't live in a town. IMO

True. But if you don’t live in a town, you still end up going to town occasionally. Unless BM did all the town stuff and you stayed home 24/7. Do they get their groceries delivered? Does BM only shop? Do they pick up their mail or is there a box somewhere? Guess I need some kind of info on something, anything.

The reruns are now re-reruns, meaning re-posting of reposts from before, or maybe just déjà vu.

IMO
Sadly, the next big step is the discovery of her body or the arrest of a suspect. It's going to be a painful shock, I'm sure. I had so hoped that SM would be found alive and I just don't think that's going to happen. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
esig