OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesn’t scream meth addiction tho. I could be off as I don’t remember how he acted round the time of the murders. You tend to have mannerisms associated with past meth abuse and Jake has never displayed any that I’ve noticed. I’ve seen a lot of stoners who looked like that. They were addicted to oil though.
I agree that we should not attach an unfounded label to him, just looking at his face isn't verifying anything. But still interesting to see the difference. But just for the fact of what they are accused of you got to wonder if they were "on" something. Could they really do that without taking anything to blunt their emotions?
Psychopaths do not have feelings like the rest of us, I doubt they even attended the funerals to try to at least act sad.

I am really curious about Jake's demeanor in his May 2016 interview. I bet all 5 of them had carbon copy stories including Fred because she said:

"None of us were anywhere near that place that night."

...2 Cents...

The reason the defense attorneys asked for the Wagners to ware street clothes is has turned on Angela Wagner, why does she still have jail garb on

Was that photo was taken when the Wagners where at the border?

I always thought these are 2 sets of drivers license photos but now you got me wondering if boarder patrol did take the 2nd set of photos? We would have to find out if it's standard procedure for photos to be taken. Because their photos with the laser focus alert were out in the media at that time, it would make sense if BP took photos. I think it took them at least 2 hours to get across the boarder and they had to unpack all their trailers...2 Cents...

I always thought these are 2 sets of drivers license photos but now you got me wondering if boarder patrol did take the 2nd set of photos? We would have to find out if it's standard procedure for photos to be taken. Because their photos with the laser focus alert were out in the media at that time, it would make sense if BP took photos. I think it took them at least 2 hours to get across the boarder and they had to unpack all their trailers...2 Cents...
The Border Patrols on Us and Canada already knew what the Wagners was being investigated for so I would sat they took photos, JMO

The reason the defense attorneys asked for the Wagners to ware street clothes is has turned on Angela Wagner, why does she still have jail garb on
The only thing I can think of is that the shock vest fits under the jail clothes but not very well under her regular clothes. I can't think of any other reason except that she knows that street clothes are a farce and will not affect anyone's opinion of her. Street clothes are suppose to make defendants look innocent and jail garb supposedly makes them look guilty. The evidence is all that matters, the rest is window dressing in my opinion.

"One other cost is the result of a court order that all four suspects not wear handcuffs in the courtroom in the future. The sheriff’s office wants to buy a used “stun-vest” to restrain them at a cost cost of $540.

“I think you or somebody mentioned about the shock vest," Montgomery said. We just approved the purchase of those Monday and that used 60 percent of their budget for equipment.”

Ohio officials pledge more funding for Pike County massacre trials

Last edited:
The Border Patrols on Us and Canada already knew what the Wagners was being investigated for so I would sat they took photos, JMO

Seems you are right:

Both the Canadian Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the United States Customs and Border Protection agency (USCBP) have public photo galleries. The photo streams curate wildly different public images and worldviews.

Tuesday, June 30th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos.) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – for *George Washington Wagner IV (27/now 28) (Jakes’ bro) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18) , charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (11/28/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count of 1st degree conspiracy, 4 counts of 1st degree aggravated burglary, 1 count of 5th degree unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts of 3rd degree evidence tampering, 1 count of 5th degree forgery, 1 count of 5th degree unauthorized use of computer or telecommunications, 1 count of 4th degree interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count of 5th degree obstructing justice, 1 count of 1st degree engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek the DP.
Trial was set to begin 9/4/19. Trial continuance granted on 7/24/19.
Court hearings from 11/28/18 thru 9/20/19 reference post #703 here:
OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #53

12/30/19 Update: Entry Granting Defendant's motion to extend time for filing pretrial motions to 1/31/20 filed.
1/21/20 Update: State still working to give them a more detailed summary by the end of this month. Scheduling a meeting with just attorneys of both sides to go over evidence to make sure everyone has everything on both sides. Nash agrees that is what they agree to. State says it’s the goal to have it all finished by end of this month (January). Judge says if there is a lot of discovery filed at the end of the month, will defense file a motion for more time. They said yes. State’s Supplement Discovery filed. 2/10/20: State files Response to defendant's Motion for Order appointing coordinating discovery attorney.
3/14/20: According to the Ohio Dept. of Health, Ohio’s COVI-19 pandemic will peak around that time or in early May. Courts will continue to scheduled things for their calendars.
5/19/20 Update: Motion, entry & certification for appointed counsel fees; Motion #56: Defendants' motion to proceed pursuant to Ohio R.Crim.P.42(E) regarding funds for defense experts filed. Motion #57: Defendant's motion to extend time for filing pretrial motions. Next pretrial hearing on 6/30/20 @ 1:30pm.
6/25/20: Motion #58: Defendant's motion for bond hearing & Motion #59: Defendant's motion for an order requiring the prosecution to provide a transcript of audio recordings it intends to introduce at trial both filed by attorney Richard M. Nash, Jr.
*Edward Jacob “Jake” Wagner (26/now 27) - Pretrial hearing on 9/21/20.
*George Washington Wagner III (47/now 48)Status conference & bond review hearing on 8/6/20 & evidentiary hearing on 9/8/20.
*Angela Jo Wagner (48/now 49) – Pretrial Motions hearing 6/24/20. No update as of 6/30/20.
*Rita Jo Newcomb (65/now 66) – Last Motions hearing on 12/2/19 entered a plea of guilty. Expected to testify in the trials. No update as of 6/30/20.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner (76) – 6/26/19 Charges were dismissed without prejudice.

it doesn’t scream meth addiction tho. I could be off as I don’t remember how he acted round the time of the murders. You tend to have mannerisms associated with past meth abuse and Jake has never displayed any that I’ve noticed. I’ve seen a lot of stoners who looked like that. They were addicted to oil though.

I don't have much experience in terms of knowing about meth, but years ago, a couple I knew had a daughter who had a very bad long-term meth addiction. The first time I met her was to handle some business. She was using and her dad warned me in advance. She was extremely combative and hostile. Very irrational and she refused to see that I was trying to help her on something she really needed help with from someone in my profession, which has nothing to do with drugs or counseling. Purely business and it should not have been a touchy subject for her.

The last time I saw her, she wasn't using. It was several years after the first meeting. She remembered me and she came up and hugged me and we had a very nice, pleasant conversation. She treated me like I was a long lost friend. She acted normal. It was like dealing with two completely different people.

I don't know if that is typical or not. It is what I experienced with her.

Pike County: What we know about the arrests made in the Rhoden family massacre

How are they connected?
Even after the investigation began to focus on the Wagners, they continued to deny involvement, saying they too were heartbroken by the deaths of their longtime friends. Angela Wagner said her husband and Christopher Rhoden Sr. were longtime friends. Others have said the two were also business partners who'd had a falling out before the homicides.

DeWine said officials believe they have the killers responsible and there are no other suspects involved.
-----------------------

So...asking again. What's everyone's thoughts on the business BW and CRSr. were in? It was apparently big enough to add fuel to the fire of the custody problem, and IMO, give additional motive for the murders. What was the mystery business?

Marijuana grow? I doubt it. The Wagner men looked really "messed up" on something alot bigger than a joint at the time of arrests.

Cars? In what way? I don't think so.

Flea Market stuff? The Wagners did have a history of theft and receiving charges, and CRSr. had that big trailer of flea market stuff, per BJM, but I can't see a business doing this being very profitable.

Guns? Aha. Look at all those images of guns listed in Discovery, along with DNA. Wonder where all these guns were found? Who were they buying them from and selling them to?

Or Drugs? Or something else?

Please help me out here, folks. Your thoughts? TIA

I have to admit, I'm confounded by several things and this is one of them. It was stated by DeWine there were grow ops, but we never saw any proof of that. In the presser after the arrests, DeWine stated there was an undercurrent of drugs, but he didn't elaborate.

JW claims to have picked up SW, the night of the murders. His mother later corrected that. I have a hard time understanding why JW or any member of the W family would have been allowed on any of the R properties with all of the problems that were going on with the W's. Big fight between CR Sr. and BW. Jake trying to get custody of SW in what appears to have been a menacing and possibly an even threatening manner. That is harassment, especially when there is no valid reason for concerns the child wasn't being properly cared for by her mother.

It sounds to me the primary reason for the murders was to gain custody of SW. I think JW knew he wasn't going to get the job done without taking out HR and her immediate family, and a couple of collateral family members. I lean in the direction of SW being dropped off at the W's and picked up there by HR or a family member.

Do we know if JW or members of his family were walking the R properties taking video surveillance? The only reason I can think of that their presence at any of the R properties would be allowed would be if the R's didn't want to elevate their problems with the W's to LE, perhaps because of a business they did not want LE to learn about.

As to what that business might have been, if there was one, I really have no idea.

JMO

I’m sure the Wagners threatened the Rhodens about the side hustling. Could of forced Sr to be amicable towards them when it came to SW? Idk. Jmo
The way FW likes to run her mouth and Say she lives under the Christian name as a child of god why didn’t the Wagners Report the grow operation at the beginning of trying to get child custody, that would have been a easier way to get SW custody, JMO

Is GW III not in court again until Aug 6th? Something is weird or am just thinking it? LOL I feel he has made some deal.

Last edited:
I don’t think JW ever had a meth addiction. If I had to guess I would say it was a marijuana addiction coupled with pills and alcohol. He never exhibited methamphetamine traits to me. .

BBM

are you saying you know him in person? I do not as I am 800 miles away but those sores on his face sure looked like meth sores.

jmo

Here's the WKRC news story link, not seeing live video yet

George Wagner to return to Pike County court for a pretrial hearing

Ok, they're live now at this link. No audio, yet.

I'm guessing its going to be a repeat of the last hearing, with defense accepting the change to AC prosecuting out of Pike County prosecutor's office and Yost withdrawing from managing the case, along with speech from Yost's special deputy high sheriff prosecutor. JMO, an unprofessional move on Yost's part.

Last edited:

if you know him and the w's in person you need to get verified as an insider so the rest of us will know the information you are giving is not speculation. I am still having health issues causing extreme fatigue or I would tell you how to get verified but some of the others on here can.

CC or Betty?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members