WM3 are guilty- Evidence.

JM's confessions aside, what makes the WM3 "viable suspects" in your opinion?

any circumstantial evidence against the WM3 in this case is incredibly weak at best
The boys were tied with shoelaces, there was three different knots used and 3 suspects. Damien was a sick teenager with a lot of issues, Baldwin was known to hang around with him. I get the feeling Miskelley was very impressionable. The 3 of them hung out in Robin Hood Hills were the murders took place. The boys were also known to go there as well. It's pretty clear the crime was not committed by one person. You can't discard all of the Miskelley confessions. You have to read between the lines in my opinion and really think. Who else did this? Does a horrible investigation and trial mean they're innocent? I believe Damien was close to confessing after his polygraph. " let me talk to my mom amd I'll tell you everything ". It's very hard to write and explain what I believe leads me to believe common sense says they did it. Again read up on all available content and peice everything together. I believe reading between the lines and putting all of the little pieces together shows them to be guilty. Just watching the documentaries can lead you to believe they're innocent. I understand that, as that's how I begin with this case. And yes, circumstantial evidence is weak when a piece is stood alone. When they come together they begin to paint a picture

The boys were tied with shoelaces, there was three different knots used and 3 suspects. Damien was a sick teenager with a lot of issues, Baldwin was known to hang around with him. I get the feeling Miskelley was very impressionable. The 3 of them hung out in Robin Hood Hills were the murders took place. The boys were also known to go there as well. It's pretty clear the crime was not committed by one person. You can't discard all of the Miskelley confessions. You have to read between the lines in my opinion and really think. Who else did this? Does a horrible investigation and trial mean they're innocent? I believe Damien was close to confessing after his polygraph. " let me talk to my mom amd I'll tell you everything ". It's very hard to write and explain what I believe leads me to believe common sense says they did it. Again read up on all available content and peice everything together. I believe reading between the lines and putting all of the little pieces together shows them to be guilty. Just watching the documentaries can lead you to believe they're innocent. I understand that, as that's how I begin with this case. And yes, circumstantial evidence is weak when a piece is stood alone. When they come together they begin to paint a picture
i don't think only one person would've been able to commit that crime

echols's past behavior is in no way a sign of guilt. there are plenty of people with violent pasts who do not commit murders, just like there are people with spotless pasts who do. i don't "discard" JM's confessions, but i can't consider that "evidence" of guilt because of how much they changed. and not just minor details, major details changed from one confession to another.

i've gone through the documents on callahan and i've seen what other people have had to say about the case. JM's confessions are as close as it gets to solid "evidence" against the WM3 and like i said, it's incredibly weak evidence. what else is there aside from JM's confessions that isn't easily disputable? i mean, the same goes for any suspect in this case really. there's just no way to say anyone is for sure guilty here

Just to add to this: in my opinion, BL corroborates JM's involvement. He was interviewed by Bryn Ridge -- anyone can find the interview on youtube or on Cally's. To me, that's the most damning evidence against anyone in the case.

Some people like to claim that BL was involved, and he threw JM under the bus to save his own skin. But that is just a cop-out, as there is literally nothing to support BL was involved, let alone the "4 perp" theory. You would have to believe that BL was that much a criminal mastermind/genius that he was able to waltz into the WMPD police department and completely fool not only Bryn Ridge, but the entire police department, for decades, all on his own. In essence, he'd have to be Keyser Soze from The Usual Suspects (movie). This would have been impossible for a slow teenager to do.

Just to add to this: in my opinion, BL corroborates JM's involvement. He was interviewed by Bryn Ridge -- anyone can find the interview on youtube or on Cally's. To me, that's the most damning evidence against anyone in the case.

Some people like to claim that BL was involved, and he threw JM under the bus to save his own skin. But that is just a cop-out, as there is literally nothing to support BL was involved, let alone the "4 perp" theory. You would have to believe that BL was that much a criminal mastermind/genius that he was able to waltz into the WMPD police department and completely fool not only Bryn Ridge, but the entire police department, for decades, all on his own. In essence, he'd have to be Keyser Soze from The Usual Suspects (movie). This would have been impossible for a slow teenager to do.
i personally don't buy into the "puzzle theory" but i wouldn't rule it out completely. especially with the unknown DNA found on the victims. my big issue with the puzzle theory is that i have a hard time believing LG/BL would take part in murdering three boys with two guys they had just met

i think BL's claim that JM told him he was involved in the killings is far stronger "evidence" than the confessions. that is, if he's telling the truth though. he claimed that he and his cousin (rex heath) went over to JM's house on 5/5 to take food and that JM wasn't home. but heath denied that he went with BL to JM's house that day

i personally don't buy into the "puzzle theory" but i wouldn't rule it out completely. especially with the unknown DNA found on the victims. my big issue with the puzzle theory is that i have a hard time believing LG/BL would take part in murdering three boys with two guys they had just met

i think BL's claim that JM told him he was involved in the killings is far stronger "evidence" than the confessions. that is, if he's telling the truth though. he claimed that he and his cousin (rex heath) went over to JM's house on 5/5 to take food and that JM wasn't home. but heath denied that he went with BL to JM's house that day

Fair enough. I understand why you don't rule it out -- that's a good approach -- but for me (after looking into it for a while), there are just too many holes in the 4 perp theory for it to make sense.

I feel like the only reason BL would lie, was if he was involved -- but I can't see him being involved. I think he would have cracked if he was -- arguably, like JM.

Fair enough. I understand why you don't rule it out -- that's a good approach -- but for me (after looking into it for a while), there are just too many holes in the 4 perp theory for it to make sense.

I feel like the only reason BL would lie, was if he was involved -- but I can't see him being involved. I think he would have cracked if he was -- arguably, like JM.
there is the affidavit of billy stewart from 2013 in which he said BL confessed to bennie guy and that he later confessed to him. guy also gave an affidavit and the details from both pretty much line up with one another. interesting stuff for sure but how believable are they?

https://famous-trials.com/legacyftrials/memphis3/wm3-pam-hobbs-and-john-mark-byers-court-filing.pdf

http://callahan.mysite.com/pdf/b_guy_affidavit.pdf

there is the affidavit of billy stewart from 2013 in which he said BL confessed to bennie guy and that he later confessed to him. guy also gave an affidavit and the details from both pretty much line up with one another. interesting stuff for sure but how believable are they?

https://famous-trials.com/legacyftrials/memphis3/wm3-pam-hobbs-and-john-mark-byers-court-filing.pdf

http://callahan.mysite.com/pdf/b_guy_affidavit.pdf

I'm well aware of the Guy/Stewart affidavit. You might want to look into both of their backgrounds before taking that affidavit as gospel.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the Guy/Stewart affidavit. You might want to look into both of their backgrounds before taking that affidavit as gospel.
never said i take them as gospel. i questioned how believable they are in my post, but the fact that the details in both affidavits match makes it interesting for sure

i wish someone (like bob ruff) would seek out stewart's son and ask him about what he may know, since stewart says hobbs would always invite his son over for pool parties

I wish I followed this more closely. I have a question.. When this occurred were any details of the crime held back by Detectives? Like we see now where only someone involved would know.

never said i take them as gospel. i questioned how believable they are in my post, but the fact that the details in both affidavits match makes it interesting for sure

i wish someone (like bob ruff) would seek out stewart's son and ask him about what he may know, since stewart says hobbs would always invite his son over for pool parties

Yeah it all sounds like BS to me, including TH inviting his son over for pool parties. Sounds like that was made-up just to make their affidavits more believable. Both of those guys have been in and out of jail for some pretty despicable offenses -- at least from what I've read. Anyways, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

I wish I followed this more closely. I have a question.. When this occurred were any details of the crime held back by Detectives? Like we see now where only someone involved would know.

This is a hard question to answer. It's been asked before, but people always argue as to what was known at the time (in 93) and what wasn't. The crime happened in May, but JM's confession happened in June -- within that time frame, there was obviously a lot written in the newspapers; some of which have been tracked down, but not all of them.

Basically, a lot of WM3 supporters will say that all the stuff that JM and even DE (when he was questioned by police before being arrested) was all out in the papers; but non-supporters will say that it wasn't. I've studied this case for a very long time and I still don't know who to believe -- I feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle.

This is a hard question to answer. It's been asked before, but people always argue as to what was known at the time (in 93) and what wasn't. The crime happened in May, but JM's confession happened in June -- within that time frame, there was obviously a lot written in the newspapers; some of which have been tracked down, but not all of them.

Basically, a lot of WM3 supporters will say that all the stuff that JM and even DE (when he was questioned by police before being arrested) was all out in the papers; but non-supporters will say that it wasn't. I've studied this case for a very long time and I still don't know who to believe -- I feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle.
yeah its really tough to piece together what came out in the media and when. you would have to look through various archives of WM and neighboring cities papers. i think i've seen some bits posted on this forum and others but its not easy stuff to track down

its really interesting when you read JKM's statement from 5/19 and he talks about stuff like shoelaces being used, the lack of blood at the crime scene, how he thinks the dump site was not the murder site, and how he thinks the killer would've last been seen 200 ft away from where the bodies were found. then he says he got all his information from reading the paper and "from what i've read and heard." when it comes to these early statements its key to know which details were already released to the public

of course, you have to consider the fact that the families of the victims probably knew all these details of the crime well before the public did. WM is a small town and people know each other and talk. so it wouldn't have been surprising if JM and DE learned everything about the crime from others. a town like WM had never seen anything like that, so stuff about the crime and rumors likely spread around town pretty quickly

I'm not going to get into a big argument about this anymore because it's been gone over a thousand times now, but JM confessed multiple times to police -- not just once. The narrative that Ruff and others put out there about the confessions is disingenuous. He confessed at least 3 separate times and at most six, if you include him confessing to the police officers driving him after he had just been found guilty from the courthouse. In "the bible confession," he gets 95% of it right. People say it was because he memorized everything from his trial, but that logic doesn't fly if you believe he has the mental capacity of a child (which I don't). A child and/or teen with an extremely limited attention span would not be able to memorize all of those details and repeat them verbatim at a later date. He even confessed with his lawyer Stidham present (who was begging him not to), and he explains that he purposefully got certain elements in his initial confession wrong because he wanted to throw off police, as well as limit his own involvement in the crime.

Not only that, but BL all but confirmed JM's involvement to police -- so you would have to think BL was lying too. Of course, you never hear anything about BL from people like Ruff because BL doesn't fit the innocence narrative (quite the contrary). Ruff doesn't look at all the evidence; he only focuses on pieces that will fit his narrative.

For people who are new to the case, 99% of them think they are innocent at first. I know I did, but there's more to the story and it isn't as cut and dry as the docs make it look. I still don't know if all three of them were involved, but if anyone was in my view, it was JM. Research all of the confessions, not just the initial one -- you'll notice that, they only get more and more accurate, with the bible confession being almost entirely accurate. You would think that, if he was making all this up, he would re-flub certain details, but that never happens -- at least to the best of my recollection.

BBM: you are not wrong! I'd never heard of the case until I came across West of Memphis. I was absolutely outraged, watched the PL docs, bought Damien's book, followed him on Facebook, messaged him, you know the story! It was only when I started reading more into it and looking at Callahans that I started to feel sick. There are a number of things that convinced me but regarding JMs confessions, I believe him. I believe he has a lot of guilt and remorse and I think he stays out of view because he can't lie about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he confesses again some time in the future.

BBM: you are not wrong! I'd never heard of the case until I came across West of Memphis. I was absolutely outraged, watched the PL docs, bought Damien's book, followed him on Facebook, messaged him, you know the story! It was only when I started reading more into it and looking at Callahans that I started to feel sick. There are a number of things that convinced me but regarding JMs confessions, I believe him. I believe he has a lot of guilt and remorse and I think he stays out of view because he can't lie about it. I wouldn't be surprised if he confesses again some time in the future.
JM has not confessed since Feb. 1994. so not sure why you'd think he'd confess again suddenly after 26 years

or he has remained out of the public eye because well over half his life has been spent under the shadow of this case. the same goes for JB and DE as well. can't blame them for wanting to move on

JM has not confessed since Feb. 1994. so not sure why you'd think he'd confess again suddenly after 26 years

or he has remained out of the public eye because well over half his life has been spent under the shadow of this case. the same goes for JB and DE as well. can't blame them for wanting to move on

It's just my personal feeling, I'm not suggesting you bank on it! I believe they are guilty, I think Jessie feels some remorse and that one day that remorse will get the better of him. As for the other two, they show no signs of wanting to move on at all and are still very much enjoying the attention.

It's just my personal feeling, I'm not suggesting you bank on it! I believe they are guilty, I think Jessie feels some remorse and that one day that remorse will get the better of him. As for the other two, they show no signs of wanting to move on at all and are still very much enjoying the attention.
what makes you say echols and baldwin are not willing to move on and that they're enjoying the attention?

there's little to no attention being paid to the case lately at all. echols is pretty active on social media but that's about it. baldwin was active on facebook up until a few years ago but he's been pretty much out of the spotlight completely since then. definitely wouldn't say they're not willing to move on

First off, welcome to the board easongt!

I, too, have heard about this TrueRomance person but I wasn't around when all of that actually happened. It bothers me that she won't disclose any information about what was actually said. If she was so hell bent on their guilt after what she was told, then why bother with their integrity? Would she not want to change other people's minds?

Furthermore, you said this crime must've been committed by three people. I happen to disagree. The perp could have rendered all three boys unconscious rather quickly with blows to the head. It would've been even easier if the boys where somehow in or around a confined space. Anyhow, that's just my two cents. But why the WM3? If you were there at the time, investigating this crime, what would've led you to that conclusion?

First off damiens length list of mental problems showing that not only was he capable but he,d spoke of similar things the boys suffered. If theres anyone in this case that had a fondness for this type of stuff...damiens name would be at the top of the list. Or is it michael....a moron who actually changed his name to damien....kind of revealing what sort of boy we,re looking at. Damiens name was originally michael for anyone thst doesnt know. He actually changed it to damien...can anyone tell us why damien?

Again not evidence of the murders...but anyone that claims dsmien was picked up because he wore black and liked metalica....their very much mistaken. Anyone that hss any sort of partiality....must be honest with themselves and realise damien was picked up for good reason...and has to be the number one suspect based on his past demeanor and behaviours.

First off damiens length list of mental problems showing that not only was he capable but he,d spoke of similar things the boys suffered. If theres anyone in this case that had a fondness for this type of stuff...damiens name would be at the top of the list. Or is it michael....a moron who actually changed his name to damien....kind of revealing what sort of boy we,re looking at. Damiens name was originally michael for anyone thst doesnt know. He actually changed it to damien...can anyone tell us why damien?

Again not evidence of the murders...but anyone that claims dsmien was picked up because he wore black and liked metalica....their very much mistaken. Anyone that hss any sort of partiality....must be honest with themselves and realise damien was picked up for good reason...and has to be the number one suspect based on his past demeanor and behaviours.
look up jerry driver

his pure hatred of echols is the main reason why WMPD immediately shifted their focus 100% to echols as the prime suspect while ignoring all other possible suspects

look up jerry driver

his pure hatred of echols is the main reason why WMPD immediately shifted their focus 100% to echols as the prime suspect while ignoring all other possible suspects

The truth is it doesnt matter who put his name forward. All that really matters is looking over his mental history notes....he should have always been a person of interest to the police.

I m not saying it was completely echols fault but by all accounts....his past history 100 percent fitted someone capable of carrying something like this out.

Lets say the animal bites isnt true. Looking over his extensive notes. Do you think echols should have been a person of interest?

Turns out someones confessing. Damiens alibi cant be corrobarated. All three turn out not to have alibis. 2 fail polygraphs. 2 out of 2. Do we then have a viable suspect?

The truth is it doesnt matter who put his name forward. All that really matters is looking over his mental history notes....he should have always been a person of interest to the police.

I m not saying it was completely echols fault but by all accounts....his past history 100 percent fitted someone capable of carrying something like this out.

Lets say the animal bites isnt true. Looking over his extensive notes. Do you think echols should have been a person of interest?

Turns out someones confessing. Damiens alibi cant be corrobarated. All three turn out not to have alibis. 2 fail polygraphs. 2 out of 2. Do we then have a viable suspect?
lots of people should've been POI to police

why wasn't hobbs interviewed in 1993? why didn't police focus more on kent lynn after a knife belonging to him was found in the woods? there are many shady characters in this case who should've at least been interviewed by police but weren't. echols became the main target of the police because of jerry driver. why else would he be a POI in this case? because he had a troubled past? because he was weird and dressed odd? there is nothing linking echols to the crime scene that night, nor is there anything linking him to the victims. so no, i don't think echols should've been a POI. they should've started with the parents, and then moved onto people who were confirmed to have been in and around the woods that night. which none of the WM3 were

WMPD saw echols and realized he was their perfect suspect because he stood out. they saw misskelley and saw their perfect target to take advantage of. there were a number of people with actual links to the victims/crime scene who were completely ignored because WMPD was so focused on the WM3

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back