Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 16, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
just swinging by not caught up on last thread yet......

seeing CR on zoom at lori's hearing.:(
he is so gutted by his dispicable mother its still hitting him.
he shook his head in disgust when the lawyer stated lori would like to be addressed as mrs daybell.

lori cox ........? ..........? ryan vallow daybell. i'd love to see the judge run her through name changes included.:D EVERYTIME.:D

( i do know husband #2 but haven't seen it noted here so keeping with anonymity.)

moo
Sometimes I wonder if the families of her ex-husbands would prefer that she drop the use of their surnames completely.

Is it known if the new charges are a result of the latest search warrant on CD's property?

Good question. Why did they go back?

Well, we do know that they were in the barn for the latest FBI warrant, and that the new info in the charges are that the paneling found there was similar to the paneling found on top of JJ's body in the grave. I would assume they only collected pictures of the inside last time they were there and not pieces of the paneling (unless luminol positive) so I would think that indeed was icing on the cake that they obtained the physical matchy match paneling. MOO

Looks like John Prior may have previously practiced at the same address as Mark Means in Meridian but now practices in Caldwell Idaho. I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Means was the one who recommended Prior to CD in the first place. Certainly Mr. Means did confirm he represented Chad Daybell "since March 4th." However, if Mr. Prior is, indeed, practicing in a separate office in another town I don't believe there will be any issue as to a conflict. Joint defense agreements are pretty common whereby counsel for two or more defendants may agree to share costs of investigation and other defense services and, if drawn properly, will avoid conflict problems. Presumably Mr. Means and Mr. Prior will have some sort of joint defense agreement if they are sharing resources.

The areas typically covered by joint defense agreements include exchanging information about the merits of the case, dividing responsibility for pre-trial motions and discovery, sharing costs of expert witnesses, discussing strategies of defense, and exchanging legal memoranda. Although joint defense agreements may appear to be part of a conspiracy to thwart the integrity of litigation, in general, joint defense agreements are well accepted as beneficial to both litigants and the system in general. By permitting parties to cooperate in their defenses, litigation becomes more efficient and information is gathered more cheaply. Inconsistent defenses that put defendants in an unfair position and that may confuse the jury can be avoided. https://scholarworks.law.ubalt.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1581&context=all_fac

John Prior has Meridian Idaho as his address in the court records - 06/12/2020 Notice of Appearance Request for Pretrial and Jury Trial

That’s a great question. They had Chad and Tammy’s text exchange about the raccoon, so I’m pretty confident they would have text exchanges between him and Lori. Wouldn’t THAT be interesting to see?? Moo
They got that text exchange from Tammy's phone though.

see clauses 32 and 33 of pca -

06/30/2020 Probable Cause Affidavit of Detective Ron Ball

I’m surprised it hasn’t happened already. Means represented Chad and regardless what charge(s) his representation was for, he shouldn’t now be appearing for Chad’s partner in crime. It seems like an invitation to appeal.
Our US counsel does that also, even in written correspondence. He is from Tenessee, so I just thought it was a southern gentleman kind of thing?

why do you think @mommacass ?
I feel like BB did it to spare the family @Nikynoo.
I think he did it to spare the family too. He viewed autopsy photographs so I imagine whoever did the identification wouldn’t need to be physically present at the morgue.

God bless BB! He’s not even a blood relative of JJ yet he stepped up and voluntarily looked at what had to be absolutely horrifying so someone else wouldn’t have to. I’m sure that photo is something he’ll never be able to unsee.

IMO BB is a real rock star.

I’m going to ask a question that I can’t find the answer to and it’s probably right in front of my eyes on the help thread lol... my pup did eat 3 pairs of my glasses so I am down to an old pair. Lol! Yes, I learn things the hard way. Or maybe I just trusted her dang it, lol!

Anyway, is “snipping” just deleting a part of what you’re responding to or quoting? And then adding in the reason so it’s clarified one has changed the content? I haven’t tried it yet but sometimes I quote or reply to longer posts than the info I’m referring to in the post.
Best to use "snipped" to eliminate the parts of the quote you're not responding to, but you have to be careful not to distort meaning.

You know, I hadn't really thought of this. But, they could electronic evidence of Tammy's death with texts between Chad and Lori. MOO
oh yes... this is what I am hoping for.... disgusting, but what if chad texted Lori about how "hard it was" to get her to die, or asked Lori about the pink foam????

Asking a dumb question, do they take your wedding ring off when you go to jail? Earrings?

When you are "processed" into jail, you have to take EVERYTHING off, jewelry, clothes, shoes, it all goes into a box. They put the inventory on top, you sign it.

LVD got the full "treatment", meaning they do a body cavity search, and the grossest, most humiliating part of the process is the "panty exchange". When LVD got her "new" prison panties. And no, they are not "new".

Every day of being in jail is a new experience in beating down the "entitlement mentality". Something LVD richly deserves. INMO.

I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but I loved that the judge kept calling her Miss Daybell instead of Mrs. Daybell.

This was my biggest take-away from the whole thing!!
I smiled every time he did that..
I think she requested it because the document had her name as LV. I don’t the the Ms/Mrs mattered. She didn’t want to be addressed as Vallow. MOO

I actually felt both.... Definitely wants the Daybell and not Vallow ever ever again..but want the MRS to be clear as well.

What I found interesting was that the Judge totally "forgot" about the Mrs.... but still got a few Vallows in--He was still quite clear to call her Vallow on acts before she married chad.

In this case MM represented Chad only tangentially and not with respect to the criminal charges he now faces. In a situation like this the usual outcome is to have both clients made aware of the potential of a conflict and have them agree on the record to have no objection for MM continuing to represent LVD. If neither CD or LVD object then MM will be free to continue representing Lori. Understand that there have been instances where an attorney has attempted to represent two co-defendants in the same case. Every authority agrees that to be a bad idea, but it technically can be done if both defendants acknowledge the potential conflict and specifically waive any objection. In this case, however, MM is not claiming to represent both defendants currently and the only issue is whether his brief representation of Chad's interests before charges were filed may create a potential conflict. I don't believe it does and expect him to continue representing Lori until she is charged with capital murder. At that time I believe it will be inevitable that someone experienced in capital cases will take over her representation.

So there is no way that the Prosecution would find a conflict of interest. If Means had been able to talk to Chad as a client for a while, could he use that information to solidify Chad's and Lori's story, or exchange some secrets that could be considered conflict??

edit: ok, so I think this was answered by vislaw... Prosecution can really say nothing??? What might the judge think, he did say he would rule on it.

Last edited:
I'll be shortening this up a bit....

Wednesday, July 1st:
*Initial Hearing (@ 1pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen 9/23/19 & Tylee on 9/8/19, Rexburg; found 6/9/20 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) – only for *Chad Guy Daybell (51) arrested & charged (6/9/20) with 2 counts of destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence & concealing remains. Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
New Charges (6/29/20) with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit concealment, destruction or alteration of evidence.
6/10/20 Update: Initial appearance hearing. Plead not guilty. Judge Faren Eddins sets bail at $1M & explained that should Daybell be able to post bond, he must sign waiver that he must not leave Bonneville, Jefferson, Madison or Fremont counties. He will also be required to wear an ankle monitor at all times. Daybell is scheduled to appear for a preliminary hearing on July 1 and July 2. More charges pending.
6/12/20 Update: Motions filed: John Prior, attorney for defendant Daybell files notice that defendant enters a plea of not guilty to all charges & requests a pretrial & a jury trial & request for discovery; filed by KIFI, KIDK & KXPI request to obtain approval to video/audio record, broadcast or photograph a court proceedings. Daybell files wavier of statutory right to preliminary hearing within 14 days.
6/19/20 Update: Motion: Order to vacate & continue preliminary hearing. 7/1/20 be vacated & continued to 8/3/20 @ 10:30am thru 8/4/20 @ 9:30am. Judge Faren Z. Eddins orders unsealing probable cause affidavit. Probable cause affidavit of Detective Ron Ball released. 6/22/20 Motion: Request to obtain approval to video/audio record, broadcast or photograph a court proceeding on 8/3 & 8/4 filed by John Roark of the Post Register.
6/20/20: Authorities used the pings from the cell phone of the brother of Vallow when determining where to search for the remains of her missing children, according to a probable cause affidavit. According to the affidavit, Vallow's brother, Alex Cox, went to Daybell's property four times in September & two of those visits came the days after each of the children were last seen. Cox, who died in Dec. 12, 2019, went to Yellowstone National Park on Sept. 8 with Vallow & the two children. It was the last time Tylee was seen. Police say that tracking the phone's location puts Cox in Vallow's apartment three times immediately after the trip to Yellowstone, with the final visit beginning at 2:42 a.m. on Sept. 9, 2019.
6/29/20 Update: Daybell was charged late Monday with 2 counts of conspiracy to commit destruction, alteration or concealment of evidence. Hearing for new charges scheduled on July 1st at 1pm.
*Lori Norene Vallow aka Lori Norene Daybell (46/now 47) – Preliminary hearings for Madison County on 7/9 & 7/10; preliminary hearings for Fremont County on 8/10 & 8/110; guardianship hearing on 9/30.

Also, I read the first first page of every thread and it says that if you start a post with off topic it will be deleted. I haven’t gotten in trouble yet and I hope I don’t by posting this. But you guys have been my family so to speak when I got sick and found this site and actually, well comfort here. I don’t really have family.
So this is off topic. But I got accepted into the Bioethics Masters program today. I just needed to share that. Thank you for letting me.
Back to Sleuthing. I’m pretty much a Sleuther for life now.

Awesome!

When you are "processed" into jail, you have to take EVERYTHING off, jewelry, clothes, shoes, it all goes into a box. They put the inventory on top, you sign it.

LVD got the full "treatment", meaning they do a body cavity search, and the grossest, most humiliating part of the process is the "panty exchange". When LVD got her "new" prison panties. And no, they are not "new".

Every day of being in jail is a new experience in beating down the "entitlement mentality". Something LVD richly deserves. INMO.

Re BBM

JMO
And it is slowly working to wipe the arrogant smirks and smugs she used to give out to cameras.

The last couple times in court we see short answers from her and a lot less attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sammy Davis Jr