Found Deceased PA - Linda Stoltzfoos, 18, Bird-in-Hand, Lancaster County, 21 June 2020 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, if/since Linda has a sister who has left the faith and gone modern, I feel as if she would figure out a way to reach out to that sister first, if she meant to leave voluntarily (if her other siblings don’t know, maybe older sister has surreptitious or even openly peer friends still in the community, who could pass on her contact details).

I believe that it's Linda's aunt, her mother's sister, who has left the order and that is where the confusion comes in. They are in their 40's. Its back in the threads a bit.

yeah, if/since Linda has a sister who has left the faith and gone modern, I feel as if she would figure out a way to reach out to that sister first, if she meant to leave voluntarily (if her other siblings don’t know, maybe older sister has surreptitious or even openly peer friends still in the community, who could pass on her contact details).

It was actually Linda’s aunt and uncle who left the Amish, and they did not personally know Linda as they were excommunicated for leaving. They are now allowed contact with the family to help in the search.

Today the West Lampeter Township Police Department was advised by members of the Amish community that Amish community members will be searching the Mill Creek for evidence related to the missing teen, Linda Stoltzfoos. It is important to note that this search is not based on any specific information, evidence or leads. The Amish community members are searching this area because they were asked by other Amish to search areas in their respective communities. The search will begin tomorrow morning starting at 8 AM. They will search from Strasburg Pike to Buchmiller Park. We were advised that many of the searching members will be wearing orange traffic vests. We wanted to alert our residents about this in the event they see people in the area of the Mill Creek. Anyone with information regarding this missing teen is asked to contact East Lampeter Township Police Department at 717-291-4676.

Sourced via CRIMEWATCH®: BROADCAST: The Search Continues for Linda Stoltzfoos

Today the West Lampeter Township Police Department was advised by members of the Amish community that Amish community members will be searching the Mill Creek for evidence related to the missing teen, Linda Stoltzfoos. It is important to note that this search is not based on any specific information, evidence or leads. The Amish community members are searching this area because they were asked by other Amish to search areas in their respective communities. The search will begin tomorrow morning starting at 8 AM. They will search from Strasburg Pike to Buchmiller Park. We were advised that many of the searching members will be wearing orange traffic vests. We wanted to alert our residents about this in the event they see people in the area of the Mill Creek. Anyone with information regarding this missing teen is asked to contact East Lampeter Township Police Department at 717-291-4676.

Amish community members to search for missing teen

Searching the creek several townships away from where LS disappeared seems like an odd thing to do if there’s no real reason for doing it. The professional searchers used a boat and divers several days last week near Bird in Hand.
At this point anything helps. Rule out what they can rule out... I think it’s better to go above and beyond.

At this point anything helps. Rule out what they can rule out... I think it’s better to go above and beyond.
I agree. It just seems like a shot in the dark, unless there’s a persistent belief that the water may play a role in what’s happened.

If anyone’s been to the Dutch Wonderland amusement park, Mill Creek is the water running through the back of the park. Here’s a description of the creek from a site about canoeing and kayaking:
https://www.bluemountainoutfitters.net/Rvrtales/pat_50.html

Searching the creek several townships away from where LS disappeared seems like an odd thing to do if there’s no real reason for doing it. The professional searchers used a boat and divers several days last week near Bird in Hand.

*edited to add my comments*

Just a thought: most of mill creek floods. The properties along the banks are fields, and woods besides all the old mills that used it. Evidence could be along the banks and no one would notice for days. (Downstream)

I wish I had known about this case the moment it broke. At this point rain, dozens of searchers and LE walking about have obliterated any print evidence I could have worked from. I am on vacation later this week, if she still has not been located, I will call in and see if I can assist.

Glad to see you on the thread. Have you made a map? Also arent you close by, if I remember correctly we are from the same area. If you need eyes in the ground i can make a special trip.

A couple points:
The Amish don't have churches. They hold services in member's houses. It's possible that someone at the service Linda attended on June 21 knows something, as they may have been the last people to have seen her. I hope everyone in attendance has been questioned and the house thoroughly searched. Did anyone there see her leave? Did anyone there see her walking on the road?
It seems unlikely she would have run away during a pandemic, right after church, taking no possessions or extra clothes with her. It also seems unlikely she'd have willingly gotten into a car with a stranger. She went missing in daylight hours. It seems to me, just as a hunch, that she knew the person or persons. No one claims to have witnessed a struggle as far as I've heard.
Did she have a job outside her parent's farm?

BBM- This gives me reason to pause. Do the Amish "co-mingle" (for lack of a better word) with other Amish communities? Might there be a suitor from another community (either welcomed by LS or not)? Creepers can be Amish, too. Just saying...

I dont know how to say it gentler but I'd think if she was right off the road they would know. It's been hot here. I can smell deer hit driving by. so I hold a thought for her not being right off the road.

Yeah, I agree. I thought the same thing the other day. She's inside a dwelling or sadly buried under the earth somewhere by now. I still have hopes she's alive, but I hate to think of in what kind of environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa