Madeleine McCann: German prisoner identified as suspect - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, none of us indeed :)

But we must try to think like a criminal and one thing all criminals avoid is risk. We're not absolutely sure it was CB. But one thing we can be sure, this was quite well planned, so I wouldn't consider "not-well-planned" scenarios.

^ There's no evidence that we're aware of to suggest it was CB at all.

Just to be clear, CB is clearly a dangerous psychopath, but him being a dangerous psychopath and him being responsible for the abduction of MM are two quite disparate things. I hope the German investigation arrives at enough proof about the crimes he's committed to lock him up for life but I don't believe for one second that it's dependent upon them finding evidence to link him categorically to MM's disappearance.

I keep wondering about the phone mast times too. How certain are we that they are correct times and not out by an hour (for example)?

Do the clocks change in Portugal or in phone mast analysis countries? I am only wondering; it is not that I think anything is wrong.
I would think the time would be accurate but I'm interested more in the exact location. It was stated that CB was placed in the area at the time of the crime but does that mean he was on the property of the resort or could it have been a few miles away?

Mendel, could the trash be a wrapper from a strip of chewing gum. That is foil on one side and plain on the other, plus would have folds.

Bullet. I was looking at the wrong blob. The shiny bit by the tyre could be the end of a drinks can?

I would think the time would be accurate but I'm interested more in the exact location. It was stated that CB was placed in the area at the time of the crime but does that mean he was on the property of the resort or could it have been a few miles away?
From what I've read on this regarding technology at the time, I don't think they can be that specific unless the user had a smartphone (unlikely given the year).

I read that of all the Tapas 7 member's calls on the trip, only one of them was picked up on more than one mast. Normally when they use triangulation to pinpoint the location of a caller, they use the signal strengths from the different masts to determine it. It appears though that mast coverage in PDL at that time was not great so all the calls in the Ocean club area and surrounding areas were picked up on just one mast which covers a few km. However there are different antennas on the mast and they can use the antenna the call was picked up on to narrow that down further but only to within a few hundred feet or something like that I believe.

This information is only based on what I've read on other forums (shiming in luz, textusa etc) when researching this case, it might be possible police have other means to pinpoint the caller that haven't been discussed there.

I think it could also be a chewing gum wrapper. A drinks can is a good hypothesis. That shining in the shadow is intriguing anyway.

Yes, but was cuddle cat on a shelf/ledge?
Also your theory would leave no trace of dna in appartment.

This is from KM’s (first, I think) statement:she verified that the twins were in their respective beds, unlike Madeleine, who had disappeared. The cover was pulled back and the toys were on the pillow as usual

IMO they have evidence on the USB-sticks. Maybe of MM. But maybe CB not recognizable, so he could say, he just downloaded and kept it.

There is one thing, that keeps me nervous. He seems to had categorized *advertiser censored* in his house. Some witness seems to have recurred on categories like zoophilia and deepthroat. In chats he recurred to the destruction of evidence, because the "deepthroat took to long". He recorded his deeds and buried them usb's under his dog instead of destroying them. As if they were trophies.

HB told the media, she had to do a practice on him, which she could not do, because she gagged and that made him angry.

I assume, they have pictures oder videos of deephroat-practice on at least one of his victims. IMO no " too small person" could survive this kind of practice, without immidiate suffocation. We don't know all of it yet, what he has told the witness in the bar, when he confirmed he snatched MM.

Very sad and offensive, i know!

But german LE is covinced that MM is dead, due to "konkrete Beweise" or "konkrete Hinweise". That means in correct translation nothing less than "strong evidence" or "strong clues"! They just need the final link to CB, in my opinion.

Last edited:

I read elsewhere the mast had an approx 5km/3mile radius. If above is accurate, it just means that he was somewhere within the mast's range. If, of course, he was the one holding the phone that pinged that evening.

I say this, not to take attention away from him, or try to take attention away from him, only to say absolute proof of his presence in the area still seems to be the bit that's crucially missing for the German investigation.

Last edited:
This is from KM’s (first, I think) statement:she verified that the twins were in their respective beds, unlike Madeleine, who had disappeared. The cover was pulled back and the toys were on the pillow as usual

Odd that that then morphed into cuddle cat being on a shelf/ledge.
But I imagine the terror would have resulted in much confusion.

I remember one of my children wandered off in a shopping centre back to a bouncy castle when he was 2 - I was literally screaming his name out, a lady asked me what he was wearing and I couldn't for the life of me remember, only having seen him 60 seconds before hand!

I'd like to know if CB made or received any further calls that night. His call ended at 8pm approximately. MM was discovered missing at 10pm. IF CB had snatched MM he'd be busy to be on the phone? So no phone calls? Thoughts please.

Odd that that then morphed into cuddle cat being on a shelf/ledge.
But I imagine the terror would have resulted in much confusion.

I remember one of my children wandered off in a shopping centre back to a bouncy castle when he was 2 - I was literally screaming his name out, a lady asked me what he was wearing and I couldn't for the life of me remember, only having seen him 60 seconds before hand!

This has always confused me. KM has said that she knew MM had been taken as cuddle cat was out of reach on a shelf/ledge, but in her book and statement she says the blanket and cat were in the bed where they were when they left them

I'd like to know if CB made or received any further calls that night. His call ended at 8pm approximately. MM was discovered missing at 10pm. IF CB had snatched MM he'd be busy to be on the phone? So no phone calls? Thoughts please.
Depends. If he sedated her, then he may just quietly watch or touch her in anticipation of her waking up. He may also want to see what happens in terms of her having been taken; he would expect it to be discovered soon. Not like stealing her as parents slept, who may not awaken until hours later.

I think he would need her to be awake?

This has always confused me. KM has said that she knew MM had been taken as cuddle cat was out of reach on a shelf/ledge, but in her book and statement she says the blanket and cat were in the bed where they were when they left them

where did she say it was on a ledge. I thought it was that MM was gone without cuddle cat/blanket that made her know she’d been taken; that they were in the apartment.

There is one thing, that keeps me nervous. He seems to had categorized *advertiser censored* in his house. Some witness seems to have recurred on categories like zoophilia and deepthroat. In chats he recurred to the destruction of evidence, because the "deepthroat took to long". He recorded his deeds and buried them usb's under his dog instead of destroying them. As if they were trophies.

HB told the media, she had to do a practice on him, which she could not do, because she gagged and that made him angry.

I assume, they have pictures oder videos of deephroat-practice on at least one of his victims. IMO no " too small person" could survive this kind of practice, without immidiate suffocation. We don't know all of it yet, what he has told the witness in the bar, when he confirmed he snatched MM.

Very sad and offensive, i know!

But german LE is covinced that MM is dead, due to "konkrete Beweise" or "konkrete Hinweise". That means in correct translation nothing less than "strong evidence" or "strong clues"! They just need the final link to CB, in my opinion.
God that’s just horrendous. What do you mean by catergorised his *advertiser censored*? Do you mean there was a bunch of things labelled on the usb sticks? And there’s a ‘same victim’ in Many of the videos did u mean? I wonder who that is? Maybe his ex gf..NM? And that’s why they were desperately trying to find her perhaps?

God that’s just horrendous. What do you mean by catergorised his *advertiser censored*? Do you mean there was a bunch of things labelled on the usb sticks? And there’s a ‘same victim’ in Many of the videos did u mean? I wonder who that is? Maybe his ex gf..NM? And that’s why they were desperately trying to find her perhaps?

No, i remember an article in the media that stated, he kept passports, Computers and stashes of categorized *advertiser censored* in his portugese home! (maybe according to MT or one of the burglars, that told PJ of the rape-videos they found?)

Sorry but i don't find the correct link by now! But i will keep looking for it!

I think he means a witness “happened upon” different categories of *advertiser censored* in his house, eg zoophilia and deepthroat.
So I guess the big questions are did he make them? Did he keep them categorised for easy access to sell on? Was it lots of videos involving lots of different victims? Or was it a select few that he made various videos of that fell into each of these categories?

It’s too horrendous to even contemplate.

here's one more thing to cross off from the VW malaga photo. the 'two white cylinders' to the upper right. unfortunately they don't help with dates, as they have been there from at least 2000, until 2016.
using the satellite overhead of 2007, i aimed to work out the line of sight on the VW photo. might help as you are looking for the two cranes. as you can see, the overhead of the bay shows only a small amount of land [port area] in the line of sight. plus a small area of the new peninsular near the tall office/apartment block.
cranes are difficult to identify on overhead satellite shots. i feel the number of things that could date this photo are unfortunately running out.
TY greatly for the very useful images. The calculated van location is quite a distance away from the Melilla ferry. Any idea why?

Well, she's said a lot of conflicting things over the years.

Not trying to make trouble or divert away from this current discussion, just stating a fact.

Last edited:
No, i remember an article in the media that stated, he kept passports, Computers and stashes of categorized *advertiser censored* in his portugese home! (maybe according to MT or one of the burglars, that told PJ of the rape-videos they found?)

Sorry but i don't find the correct link by now! But i will keep looking for it!

Here is one hint on that, but not the one i am referring to. Must have been a witness in the 2005 rape-case and maybe former pal, that has seen *advertiser censored* in his house.

German Police Identify a Suspect in the Maddie Case - DER SPIEGEL - International

But i keep on looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members