Possible Victim: Valerie Mack, 24, Manorville Jane Doe #6, missing 2000, found Nov 2000 & Gilgo Beach Apr 2011

like an illegal immigrant type situation ? this could make a lot of sense

i doubt they want to draw attention to themselves with law enforcement

Yes, not wanting to attract the attention of the authorities. A lot of people have commented on the jewellery and the pierced ears of the toddler as something more common in migrant communities. So it could be that. Or perhaps even a lack of English or reading skills and lack of access to technology. Or the family may have returned to the country which was previously their home. I’m guessing there are probably more barriers for migrants in these cases.

The only other thing I and some other people have brought up is the possibility that Peaches was not a prostitute and was perhaps in a relationship with her killer. Her toddler body being found too is unusual. I’m aware of some cases where the SK begins by killing a family member or friend out of necessity or impulse, but that gives them a taste for it and they move on to finding unconnected people to kill. Fred and Rose West being a case in point, the first 3 victims in that case were a pregnant girlfriend of Fred’s his first wife and his stepdaughter.

It occurred to me that if Peaches was in a relationship with her killer, her family could be too afraid to point the finger, especially if they live poor insecure lives or are illegal migrants. Or he may have paid them off.

I really just get the feeling that tracing Peaches is and her daughter is the key to this.

Last edited:
Earrings

it makes sense that they would already be working on getting ancestral/dna info for baby doe. She would be able to show ties to her father's family and peaches family. I've also wondered about baby doe's race. The earrings she wore are the same as a pair I have that were purchased in Chile in the early 80s. I wore them as a kid. I've never seen them sold in the United States. See the above earrings link for my pair.
Yes, not wanting to attract the attention of the authorities. A lot of people have commented on the jewellery and the pierced ears of the toddler as something more common in migrant communities. So it could be that. Or perhaps even a lack of English or reading skills and lack of access to technology. Or the family may have returned to the country which was previously their home. I’m guessing there are probably more barriers for migrants in these cases.

The only other thing I and some other people have brought up is the possibility that Peaches was not a prostitute and was perhaps in a relationship with her killer. Her toddler body being found too is unusual. I’m aware of some cases where the SK begins by killing a family member or friend out of necessity or impulse, but that gives them a taste for it and they move on to finding unconnected people to kill. Fred and Rose West being a case in point, the first 3 victims in that case were a pregnant girlfriend of Fred’s his first wife and his stepdaughter.

It occurred to me that if Peaches was in a relationship with her killer, her family could be too afraid to point the finger, especially if they live poor insecure lives or are illegal migrants. Or he may have paid them off.

I really just get the feeling that tracing Peaches is and her daughter is the key to this.

When you’re arrested the police try and confirm your address. I don’t know how it works in the US, but I know for a fact that in that time in the U.K., that was usually done by radioing in to HQ and asking them to check the name and the address matched up on official systems. A way of getting around that is to give them the name and address of a real person. Possibly Valerie knew Michelle and used her details. The police obviously realised it was genuine at some point because they have it as an AKA. Looking at the pics of James and Melissa on facebook, both appear to be drug takers who died in their 40s and they are from Pennsylvania like Valerie, plus Melissa’s mother posted Valerie’s news story. They’re around the same age as Valerie too so I have a strong suspicion they did know her. I don’t know if anyone would have the guts to ask the Mum direct. I don’t! That Melissa, Melissa McGonigal, also seems to go by another surname starting with F and her mother goes by one starting R so not sure where Taylor fits in. Her Dad’s name maybe?

It could have been Valerie at the police stop using some/all of Melissa McGonigal’s details. If Melissa McGonigal is the same person as Melissa Taylor, I wonder if she knew Jessica Taylor? Might link them.

Yeah, I am not really sure of the connection if any, however, if you go to James McGonigal's Myspace page and scroll to the end...there is a mentioning of JMack and Mommy Mack, which I found a bit odd? It's a little hard to find but if you go to his "photos" and click....then scroll all the way down (scroll bar at bottom of screen) to his last photo...him and I believe Melissa McGonigal...to the left of that photo...if you hover over you will see the text appear..."jmack and mommy mack" Apparently there was a photo, but the photo is missing.

james mcgonigal Photos on Myspace

Since the recent identification shows that the operating range of LISK can extend into New Jersey, I ask all who reads this take a look at the following summary I posted years ago.

Some characters may appear distorted (at least they do on my computer) these are most probably quotation marks or apostrophes. I cannot emphasize enough Hugues Francois was not allowed to speak in the courtroom on the case he was tried for murder.

Unclassified Victims **MERGED**

I believe Mr. Francois is innocent and railroaded because the prosecution opted not correct themselves for a case they started without a body.

I hope someone would find the right connections to make the authorities or a brave lawyer look into his case.

Has anyone come across a follow-up about Valerie's (possible) tattoo on her right leg? I wonder if her family was able to provide any further details about it.

"Ms. Mack’s remains were first discovered by a trio of hunters in Manorville on Nov. 19, 2000. She was described at the time as a white woman between 30 and 40 years old, with brown hair and a possible tattoo or other marking on her right leg."

In a first for NY, law enforcement uses genetic genealogy to identify woman whose remains were found in Manorville, Gilgo Beach - Riverhead News Review

Has anyone come across a follow-up about Valerie's (possible) tattoo on her right leg? I wonder if her family was able to provide any further details about it.

"Ms. Mack’s remains were first discovered by a trio of hunters in Manorville on Nov. 19, 2000. She was described at the time as a white woman between 30 and 40 years old, with brown hair and a possible tattoo or other marking on her right leg."

In a first for NY, law enforcement uses genetic genealogy to identify woman whose remains were found in Manorville, Gilgo Beach - Riverhead News Review

This is a very important question that I bet Suffolk PD would do their best to make sure it never gets clarified.

Because there was a tattoo on the body and SCPD hid it for years.

Think about it, the killer knows about the tat, the police knows about the tat.. Then who is it being hidden from? You, me, the public. If they made that tatoo known to people, instead of sitting on the evidence, Valerie could have been identified years ago.

This is a very important question that I bet Suffolk PD would do their best to make sure it never gets clarified.

Because there was a tattoo on the body and SCPD hid it for years.

Think about it, the killer knows about the tat, the police knows about the tat.. Then who is it being hidden from? You, me, the public. If they made that tatoo known to people, instead of sitting on the evidence, Valerie could have been identified years ago.
Was it definitely a tattoo? Or were they speculating that's the reason the foot was removed. I'm not positive that all of Valerie's limbs were recovered. Can anyone clarify?

Unfortunately, it was said that Valerie's family didn't want any involvement. Neither did Jessica's family. It just baffles me that we have a major unsolved case in LI and these girl's families are not wanting to give any helpful info. They can remain anonymous. But also, on the other hand, maybe they have given some info but it is LE that is not being transparent. So no, no info on the tattoo that personally read. - On a side note, I found the above article interesting as it mentions that Valerie's body (torso) was found in "several" bags?

Was it definitely a tattoo? Or were they speculating that's the reason the foot was removed. I'm not positive that all of Valerie's limbs were recovered. Can anyone clarify?
Good question...When looking at both Valerie and Jessica's case and when the torsos were found...Valerie's were first found in 2000 in Manorville, and Jessica's in 2003 Manorville-

Then in 2010 they found Valerie's remaining body parts except for her Left foot, and the remaining of Jessica's body parts except both feet, were said to have never been found.

So to sum it up, Valarie's Left foot still missing
& both of Jessica's feet still missing. Why and where are they?

It just baffles me that we have a major unsolved case in LI and these girl's families are not wanting to give any helpful info.

It is all so disheartening.

And even if the family, for whatever reason, isn't willing to help, surely the father of Valerie's son would be able to verify if she had a tattoo?

The language "Family members last saw her in the area of Port Republic, New Jersey in the spring or summer of 2000" strikes me as curious--was it just a sighting? No contact? And why the broad range--that could be a span of 5 months, possibly.

Makes me think she was mostly estranged from this family. If someone in my family suddenly went missing, I'd have the date of last contact etched in my mind forever ("The last time we saw her was at Uncle Bill's birthday party on May 23rd" or whatever it was).

Last edited:
Hello, I know that name Valerie Mack; I remember their pictures. He showed me his friends as he called it. His friends from the West Mesa Serial killings as well. My story is very interesting from beginning to end as I knew this person from early 2011 to early 2012.

Hello, I know that name Valerie Mack; I remember their pictures. He showed me his friends as he called it. His friends from the West Mesa Serial killings as well. My story is very interesting from beginning to end as I knew this person from early 2011 to early 2012.
Where were you when he or she showed you the pics and how did you know this person? Any background info on them? Hard to think that over a course of a few years this person traveled back and forth killing in those 2 states.

Unfortunately, it was said that Valerie's family didn't want any involvement. Neither did Jessica's family. It just baffles me that we have a major unsolved case in LI and these girl's families are not wanting to give any helpful info. They can remain anonymous. But also, on the other hand, maybe they have given some info but it is LE that is not being transparent. So no, no info on the tattoo that personally read. - On a side note, I found the above article interesting as it mentions that Valerie's body (torso) was found in "several" bags?

It’s not that Valerie’s family refuses to cooperate, rather they’ve asked for privacy, most likely because her son was a toddler when she went missing. Learning that a loved one was murdered is A LOT for any family to digest, and it was her son’s DNA sample that solidified her identity.

Also, Valerie was an adoptee and with that often comes a multi-layered and complicated background (I’m an adoptee; trust me when I say some of us have crazy stories both good and bad). Still, her half-sisters have shown love for her on social media and they definitely embrace her as one of their own.

As for Jessica Taylor, it breaks my heart that no one has spoken out on her behalf but I have to respect her family’s decision. Yes, it would be nice and potentially helpful to know what led her down certain paths, but is the public really entitled to that information? I can only hope the family has shared pertinent information with the police.

The language "Family members last saw her in the area of Port Republic, New Jersey in the spring or summer of 2000" strikes me as curious--was it just a sighting? No contact?

The vague description is designed to elicit tips.

The police (presumably) have additional information but they aren’t giving up the ghost just yet. They’ll see which tips mesh with their confidential information and go from there. There’s always something that only a person who was closely associated with the victim would know/recall, like where they met on that day, what they ate, what they were wearing , et al.

Unfortunately, it was said that Valerie's family didn't want any involvement. Neither did Jessica's family. It just baffles me that we have a major unsolved case in LI and these girl's families are not wanting to give any helpful info

I don’t think that was quite the case. Her parents died when she was young, she was in foster care for some time and then was adopted, but the adoption broke down. Apparently both her birth and adopted family have made statements on FB that they did care and were arranging a burial. I haven’t seen those, but it was mentioned up thread. The family have asked not to be identified publicly. That doesn’t mean they’re not helping police.

I remember those burlap sacks it’s not unusual to have in New Mexico as we are the chili capital of the world. We had a potato sack race in his apartment with them. I didn’t know about the LISK case only after stumbling on a utube video did I realize I knew the people too.

Would it be because the killer obscured it so they couldn’t tell what it was? Or is the body part it was on missing so they think that may be because it was marked identifiably.

Would it be because the killer obscured it so they couldn’t tell what it was? Or is the body part it was on missing so they think that may be because it was marked identifiably.

Wish we knew--if it had been a mutilated tattoo, that would have been very telling.

Or a piece of fruit would tell another story, perhaps?

Last edited:

@Paradox Theory --I hope you submitted your information to law enforcement ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back