Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went back and rewatched the helicopter flyover video. That house is definitely taped up for a crime scene. That's no "missing person" tape. It's even tied to the Bobcat and or Digger Thingie.;) I took some screenshots so I could enlarge them to get a better view. I can see fresh tracks from the bobcat tires in the dirt on the trailer next to it. It looks like there is a lot of fresh dirt around their home. Something definitely happened at that home to tape it off like that imo.

Doesn't BM say that he had a conversation with Suzanne on Mother's Day morning, asking her if it was okay to go to Denver prior to a job starting the next day?

Or did I dream that? I think he worked that into the TD conversation. At any rate, he says he left for Denver Sunday morning,
It's not a dream 100fRods, but for me it adds a piece to the picture that doesn't quite fit .... something phoney afoot .... MOO

Doesn't BM say that he had a conversation with Suzanne on Mother's Day morning, asking her if it was okay to go to Denver prior to a job starting the next day?

Or did I dream that? I think he worked that into the TD conversation. At any rate, he says he left for Denver Sunday morning,
Yes.
BM did say that.
So then why are LE asking for people to save their security footage from the 8th ?
Just b/c he says he had a conversation with Suzanne (talking, not texting) -- doesn't mean that he actually did.
Imo.
Hm.

Last edited:
I often come here looking for resolution. A happy ending would be ideal. In the past few days I've been thinking about all the silence, I don't know if this has been addressed before. No one in her family is looking for her, really. Is it possible that she took her life because of health issues and this is the only way for the children to get the insurance? The family would be screaming from the mountain tops if she simply vanished. And I don't for one minute believe that her daughters would protect their father if he did something to her.

I often come here looking for resolution. A happy ending would be ideal. In the past few days I've been thinking about all the silence, I don't know if this has been addressed before. No one in her family is looking for her, really. Is it possible that she took her life because of health issues and this is the only way for the children to get the insurance? The family would be screaming from the mountain tops if she simply vanished. And I don't for one minute believe that her daughters would protect their father if he did something to her.
I feel your pain but I don’t for a second believe that SM took her own life before or during mother’s day weekend. Even if as been reported that she was cleared of cancer there is zero belief IMO that she would have killed herself leaving her two daughters alone. Mothers simply do not do that especially women who are strong and have beaten cancer or any significant illness and who have daughters they adore. Not discounting the family’s alleged religious beliefs and convictions IMO I don’t see her taking her own life even in dire circumstances to leave her daughters remembering such every mother’s day weekend for the rest of their lives. Likely both girls will have children of their own and the few details we have of SM indicate at least to me she would never harm them or their future happiness in this way. IMO

We see this all the time. It’s not so much a matter of “protecting” their father, as much as it is they simply don’t believe (or want to believe) that he would hurt their mother.

I’ve seen countless cases with overwhelming evidence at trial, and the kids are not only still in denial, but willing to fight forever.

Law enforcement seems to be convinced that foul play occurred, and that wouldn’t be a guess. They sealed off and searched the family home for a reason, and dug on private property as well.

I think we’re seeing an all too common scenario playing out.

Last edited:
BBM
I doubt they would be able to accept the thought of it at this time. So yes, imo, they will protect him during this terrible time.
jmo

FWIW...
I have in my notes that SM and BM attended a Baptist church in Indiana...

I have not seen mention of them attending any church in CO...

Except when BM's superior at the volunteer fire dept. in CO said Suzanne usually took a bike ride then attended church on Sundays...

But... I am wondering if the volunteer fire dept. superior actually witnessed this?....
Or was just told this by BM...

Just some thoughts...

Goes back to thread #2 that Grace Church was identified as their congregation.
I recall BM's Fire Chief made the statement about SM biking before church on May 21 and I think it was on his mind not because he witnessed this but because BM had probably been telling anybody that would listen that SM biked before church on Sunday. BM needed everybody to believe that biking on Sunday was routine and that SM's Sunday was routine up until she vanished. MOO

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

Goes back to thread #2 that Grace Church was identified as their congregation.
I recall BM's Fire Chief made the statement about SM biking before church on May 21 and I think it was on his mind not because he witnessed this but because BM had probably been telling anybody that would listen that SM biked before church on Sunday. BM needed everybody to believe that biking on Sunday was routine and that SM's Sunday was routine up until she vanished. MOO

CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

Well it was someone from the community who put that bike ride in our minds.(She reportedly left her home...)
In the first week LE also had the idea she took a bike ride based on their searches of the area. Search teams find items belonging to missing Chaffee County woman; U.S. 50 closed through Monarch Pass Friday - KRDO

We have no evidence BM setup a story like that, IMO those 3 agencies would have poked through sometime like that fairly easy. That does not mean later on different leads may still lead them to BM. But IMO I need more information about friday the 8th and saturday the 9th, because I think LE has a good idea what she did those days.

pretty sure this has already been said, but just look at the juxtaposition of vanessa's family to the morphews. even if they had been told by LE to "keep quiet," you don't keep a family in pain and suffering quiet. in fact, that would be cause for most families to scream louder about the injustice. that makes me believe there is one person, and one person only, who (thinks) he is running this show, and his name is BM. he's got his own family members out here making youtube videos claiming he's innocent, so my best bet is that BM is in absolute control of the narrative within his family (for now). i've never seen anything like it. that's the only explanation i can give for the daughters' silence, but i don't fault them for one second. :(

moo.

Last edited:
pretty sure this has already been said, but just look at the juxtaposition of vanessa's family to the morphews. even if they had been told by LE to "keep quiet," you don't keep a family in pain and suffering quiet. in fact, that would be cause for most families to scream louder. that makes me believe there is one person, and one person only, who (thinks) he is running this show, and his name is BM. he's got his own family members out here making youtube videos claiming he's innocent, so my best bet is that BM is in absolute control of the narrative within his family (for now). i've never seen anything like it. that's the only explanation i can give for the daughters' silence, but i don't fault them for one second. :(

moo.

In Vanessa's case the CID and the military leadership at the base, didn't release any information about her case. The family felt they were kept in the dark for a very long time. The only real information that came out were those searches being conducted by several teams. Family outcry also came from the fact that they themselves had information about (possible) harassments. The mother and sister were very vocal and not satisfied with the way the investigation was being handled.

I am following different cases (as we all do), and there are multiple cases where there is zero communication from the family, for whatever reason. Even after someone is missing for a while. There is one case where the husband declined an interview because LE said it might harm the investigation.

Btw are there more youtube videos from other family members, that I missed?

Perhaps another reason behind the June 10th LE canvassing of Salida was to indicate when/if this case goes to trial...
that they (LE) we're indeed searching for other leads of other potential suspects...
Instead of just zeroing in on ONE suspect the whole time?
(BM)...
Maybe there is even a legal term for this?

Just an idea....

No legal term that I know of, but it would be smart to do. At a trial, anything that even appears to be groupthink by police will be questioned. It never looks good when an investigator admits on cross-exam that s/he didn't look at other possible persons or didn't consider alternative narratives unless the facts all point in one direction and perhaps only intent is at issue (i.e. a necessity defense or a self-defense claim). At the very least, it provides us defense attorneys with the argument that investigators came up with a suspect first and then looked at evidence in light of their preconceived notions instead of following where the evidence led them.

Well it was someone from the community who put that bike ride in our minds.(She reportedly left her home...)
In the first week LE also had the idea she took a bike ride based on their searches of the area. Search teams find items belonging to missing Chaffee County woman; U.S. 50 closed through Monarch Pass Friday - KRDO

We have no evidence BM setup a story like that, IMO those 3 agencies would have poked through sometime like that fairly easy. That does not mean later on different leads may still lead them to BM. But IMO I need more information about friday the 8th and saturday the 9th, because I think LE has a good idea what she did those days.
https://twitter.com/laurenscharftv/status/1270879958831792128?s=21
Folks in Salida, CO are telling me that deputies are handing out these flyers at grocery stores asking people for information on #SuzanneMorphew Note there is no reward listed on this flyer. #FindSuzanne

650F76FE-0899-473F-8A32-9959D016FE82.jpeg
no bike ride listed on their flyer - IMO that means they know she wasn’t biking ...

Spontaneous random walking thought ...... they are regular church goers so I would assume then that they would be watching the 9 am mass together on youtube and if so Barry should have been home waiting for her to return from bike ride and should have known she was missing then, just a spontaneous random thought .... or if he was away did he catch an online mass? Hmmmm ..... did they subscribe to the Sunday is the day of rest viewpoint? End of spontaneous walking thought .... running thought actually, here comes the rain ....

Well, the CrimeOnline.com article indicated that they were members of a Baptist church in Indiana. This makes it less likely that they were watching a Mass, though not impossible.

As for how they viewed Sunday, Barry Morphew stated in the video posted by Tyson Draper that on Mother's Day (a Sunday) he was planning to finish up some work and had discussed the same with Suzanne. This would indicate that -- from Barry's view -- they were not averse to working on Sundays.

I know and that's why I stated they had an idea. They chose that picture with her helmet, because a bike ride could be possible. Also their searches in those first 7-8 days were in that direction.

The specific statement of her bike ride came only from the media outlets covering this case. IMO LE ran that as a possible scenario during that time. Even if it turned out later that ride didn't took place.

Well, the CrimeOnline.com article indicated that they were members of a Baptist church in Indiana. This makes it less likely that they were watching a Mass, though not impossible.

As for how they viewed Sunday, Barry Morphew stated in the video posted by Tyson Draper that on Mother's Day (a Sunday) he was planning to finish up some work and had discussed the same with Suzanne. This would indicate that -- from Barry's view -- they were not averse to working on Sundays.
That article, I just had a read of it, says they were (past tense) active members of the Indiana Baptist church till they moved to Colorado in 2018. Article says it’s their former church - (Trinity) I believe - but they were attending a local church now in Salida, Grace, not sure why you think it’s less likely they were watching mass. If it was rare for Barry to skip mass and work on Sunday, fair enough, but if it was out of the ordinary and rare, and people can verify this, hmm, something to look into ... MOO

I know and that's why I stated they had an idea. They chose that picture with her helmet, because a bike ride could be possible. Also their searches in those first 7-8 days were in that direction.

The specific statement of her bike ride came only from the media outlets covering this case. IMO LE ran that as a possible scenario during that time. Even if it turned out later that ride didn't took place.
Yes and they had to investigate and search early on as if she was on this “bike ride” to discount it so if we infer they now know there was no bike ride - what conclusions could they draw? ...
and that’s why we have no comments from LE since June 10
IMO

I just went back and rewatched the helicopter flyover video. That house is definitely taped up for a crime scene. That's no "missing person" tape. It's even tied to the Bobcat and or Digger Thingie.;) I took some screenshots so I could enlarge them to get a better view. I can see fresh tracks from the bobcat tires in the dirt on the trailer next to it. It looks like there is a lot of fresh dirt around their home. Something definitely happened at that home to tape it off like that imo.

Yes, that video had me wondering if/when/where that Bobcat had been used on that property. Also, if anything had been buried/hidden under the trailer or Bobcat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee